Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Commonwealth Gallery!
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fallout Games Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Lopov
Gatorclaw stands no chance against Persephone's sword.

Jason looks like he came from Skyrim.

Fortunately Persephone doesn't have the same taste of food as Loviatar.

She destroyed its Nukaheart.

The queen reminds me of seekers from Apocrypha.
Acadian
Wow, is that really our little dead girl inside that heavy metal armor?

Gatorclaw – whether Tamriel or the Commonwealth, it always seems to end up Persephone vs a Daedroth. wink.gif

Jason – look at the muscles on you!

Lunch – aww, what a beautiful picture as Persephone sits down with her lunchbox. happy.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Gatorclaw is proof that we need a Fallout game set in N'awlins! Khajiit pictures a sprawling, dilapidated "Venice" like city with swampy surroundings, maybe even put boat mechanics in to travel the river, canals, and bayous. Besides Gatorclaws you could have mutated Catfish similar to the fish creatures in Far Harbor, mirelurks resembling crawfish, and maybe even throw in elusive Roux-ga-Roux creatures! Factions could include the Children of Atom, Voodoo folks (that would clash with the Children), Swampfolks, maybe even a hidden community of people who are ancestors of folks from China (similar to the ones in Fallout2). Khajiit thinks it would have a lot of potential!
SubRosa
Lopov: You were right. Gatorclaw did not stand a chance!

I think the Jason Momoa character was based off of the guy he played in Game of Thrones. I never watched more than two episodes of that though.

Persephone does not have any taste in food! Unless you consider the magicka from starlight and moonlight to be food...

The Nuka Queen does have that hulking, almost floating look that those Apocryphals do.

Acadian: Persephone never actually got into the Nuka Quantum armor. That is just a pic of it in its display case. There is a quest to gather a bunch of computer parts you need to open the case it is locked in.

Persephone has a certain zest for killing Daedroths, and gators.

You had me rolling with the Oblivion guard quote! laugh.gif I had forgotten all about that one!

TheCheshireKhajiit: New Orleans would be a fun place for a game to be set. The city has enough character and uniqueness to make it work. Maybe it could have an Argonian mutant race?

Persephone junks some robots

She's a bombshell

Nuka Armor

Nuka river

Psycho!

Kiddie Kingdom
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 22 2017, 03:35 PM) *

TheCheshireKhajiit: New Orleans would be a fun place for a game to be set. The city has enough character and uniqueness to make it work. Maybe it could have an Argonian mutant race?

Persephone junks some robots

She's a bombshell

Nuka Armor

Nuka river

Psycho!

Kiddie Kingdom

Khajiit has often thought that Argos and Khajiit could fit into Fallout. In the original games you had the Centaurs which were weird mashups of dogs, cats, and people, so why not lizardpeople or catpeople?

Cool pics! Especially like the Psycho one and Nuka River!
Acadian
More fun in Nukaland, short circuiting robots and walking through fire! tongue.gif
Lopov
Persephone and her cleansing fire.

With Nuka all around her, Persephone WILL need to have some Nuka. laugh.gif

Great psycho scene, is that knife unique?

I bet there aren't any kiddies in the Kiddie Kingdom, though. kvright.gif
Renee
Whoa, you have swords in 4? Or is that mod-added?

Man, Nuka World looks hilarious. I often laugh while playing Fallout 3, especially at dialog and some of the bizarre sights we see, but Bethesda really went over-the-top with Nuka World!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 23 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Man, Nuka World looks hilarious. I often laugh while playing Fallout 3, especially at dialog and some of the bizarre sights we see, but Bethesda really went over-the-top with Nuka World!

4 comes vanilla with Chinese Officer's Swords (and machetes, if you want to count those), but the one Persephone wields is indeed a mod.
Kane
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 23 2017, 04:35 PM) *

4 comes vanilla with Chinese Officer's Swords (and machetes, if you want to count those), but the one Persephone wields is indeed a mod.

Revolutionary swords, too!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Jul 24 2017, 11:08 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 23 2017, 04:35 PM) *

Revolutionary swords, too!

Derp, forgot about that one!
SubRosa
TheCheshireKhajiit: New Vegas has a new 'race' of mutants called Marked Men in the Lonesome Road dlc. So I don't see any reason not to have new playable races of near-humans, as well as playable ghouls. It would certainly make the games a lot more interesting, and add more reason to replay them.

Acadian: Who does not have fun in a theme park?

Lopov: Persephone's nuka total is still 0. You might say it is dead to her... wink.gif

I am not sure about the knife in the Psycho scene. I never got close enough to touch it. I was afraid to disturb it.

No kiddies in Kiddie Kingdom. A lot of ghouls though...

Renee: Like the others mentioned, there are machetes, revolutionary swords, and chinese officer swords. Persephone uses Regent - Standalone Sword. I made a unique version of it that has a cold damage effect for Persephone, and named it Malediction - after her sword from Skyrim and Oblivion.

Nuka World is a lot of fun to explore. IMHO, it was the best of the F4 dlc.

Nuka sunset

Persephone has some cool new shades

In the inventor of Nuka Cola's private vault

Close up

John-Caleb Bradberton, the creator of Nuka Cola
Acadian
More fun in Nukaland! That is quite a pretty sunset for such a desolate landscape. New shades? I think not; Persephone's eyes are way more impressive than any shades. Into the secret Nukavault? Close up is neat - those eyes! Also in close up I got a kick out of the poster/billboard of the Nukagirl quite literally riding a crotch rocket. Way faster than the two wheeler in the previous shot. wink.gif
Lopov
Nuka Shades! Are there any bonuses when wearing them?

The Nuka Vault looks well-preserved.

Finally, the creator of the best beverage in the wasteland. After the Sunset Sarsaparilla, of course.
Renee
Love that first picture, with the tree off to the side. How pretty.

Persephone looks good in those shades but we like her spooky eyes the best! That final pic cracked me up! They put the Nuka creator into some sort of preservation module! rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: It's too bad no one has modded any rideable rockets like Nuka Girl has. There are plenty of Nuka Girl outfits though, so I might try playing the Nuka Girl at some point.

Lopov: The Nuka Shades are actually part of a quest in Nuka World. They allow you to read hidden letters scattered around the park, which comprise the code to Bardberton's secret Nuka Vault. You get them from Sierra Petrovita (the same from FO3). She is a major part of that quest.

Renee: The Nuka creator had his head frozen himself. He basically blackmailed the Army to do it to him to make him immortal, in return for the Quantum weapons he had developed (Nuka Quantum was actually a side effect of the weapons...). But after spending two hundred years as a head in a jar, he was not so keen to continue on being immortal. You get to decide if you lives on or dies.

No more F4 pics for now, as I have been playing other games.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 27 2017, 05:01 PM) *

Awww sad.gif
We love your pics!

Khajiit is working on a "visual scouting log" for his new Raider character. So, many pics of her coming soon!
Renee
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 27 2017, 06:01 PM) *

Whoa but .. but...

Kidding. Which character was it of yours who used to bathe and you took pics of her? I'm requesting a bathing pic, if whoever this is made it over to Fallout 4.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 28 2017, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 27 2017, 06:01 PM) *

Whoa but .. but...

Kidding. Which character was it of yours who used to bathe and you took pics of her? I'm requesting a bathing pic, if whoever this is made it over to Fallout 4.

That is probably Loviatar. She used to bathe in toxic waste! biggrin.gif
Acadian
Love Roxie's hair color! Is that natural? wink.gif

Wow, that is indeed quite the booby trap!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Victoria says she kind of likes Roxie's style! Should they ever meet in the Commonwealth they must team up! wink.gif
SubRosa
Another Up Vote from me on Roxie's hair!

Looks like someone was washing them bones...

Wow, watch where you step in that last pic!
Kane
Roxie appreciates the compliments on her hair. biggrin.gif It took a while to go through the 512 colors added by the mod.

Khajiit, I don't think the Wasteland could handle it! laugh.gif

Subby, I almost did trigger that! The trip wire was on the stairs and I barely noticed it in time. wacko.gif
Renee
Nicely done, Cain. She really looks cool with those shades on, especially. Why is that one guy a cereal killer?

It always boggles me how some people go around saying Fallout 4 has shoddy graphics. I'm always blown away by what I see.
Lopov
How nice that her hair color matches the HUD.
Kane
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 9 2017, 05:48 PM) *

Nicely done, Cain. She really looks cool with those shades on, especially. Why is that one guy a cereal killer?

It always boggles me how some people go around saying Fallout 4 has shoddy graphics. I'm always blown away by what I see.

His name is Kellogg, and he's a bad bad man. wink.gif

Indeed! Granted, I have quite a few texture mods (and a mod that adds the green), but they are more for performance than looks.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 10 2017, 04:28 AM) *

How nice that her hair color matches the HUD.

biggrin.gif I love changing the HUD color. It can help to set the tone of the character. (Sometimes I don't use it at all. I just haven't installed Immersive HUD on Roxie's NMM profile.)
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit always uses white on the hud and PipBoy. This one is a pragmatist; the white color seems to show up better and the white flashlight from the PipBoy is more illuminating. That's just Khajiit's opinion though.
ghastley
QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 10 2017, 08:25 AM) *

Indeed! Granted, I have quite a few texture mods (and a mod that adds the green), but they are more for performance than looks.

Judging by the mod that are supposed to "improve" graphics on Skyrim, it's a question of low-contrast, unsaturated, realistic being rated below "everything cranked right up" like the average maladjusted TV.

We duzzen unerstand suttle!
SubRosa
I am quite underwhelmed with the graphics in Fallout 4. The textures used for faces and bodies looks incredibly plastic and fake. Not just for humans, but for the creatures as well. My 20 year old Godzilla toy has better textures than the vanilla Deathclaws. I have to use a ton of texture replacers like Valkyr's for faces, bodies and creatures.

If this was a 15 year old game that would be acceptable. But not for one that came out just over a year ago. Especially not for one that claims to be a AAA title. If you compare it to other games like Witcher 3 the difference in quality is just startling. They spent so much time with things like godrays and depth of field effects (which mostly just make the game uglier) that they seemed to ignore the basics like creating decent normal maps for the people and monsters.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Meh, Khajiit will never play a Witcher game, no matter how "pretty" they are. This one does not like the protagonist. Fallout4's story sucks but at least we get to decide what our characters look like, and for a Bethesda game, it is the best looking one so far, in Khajiit's opinion, of course. It's really just different strokes though, Khajiit runs no graphics mods other than the Bethesda HD Textures dlc, and this one is quite pleased with it.

Khajiit is very interested in Cyberpunk by the creators of Witcher though. It promises to deliver fully customizable male and female characters.
SubRosa
I thought we were discussing graphics? I am simply pointing out that Fallout 4's is seriously sub-par compared to the other games it is contemporary with. I would also say that its graphics are worse than those of Skyrim. Especially since the HDR effects cannot be disabled in F4, even with the console or mods. That makes everytime I have to look at a darker area extra annoying as I have to wait for the game to change the lighting level.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 06:58 PM) *

I thought we were discussing graphics? I am simply pointing out that Fallout 4's is seriously sub-par compared to the other games it is contemporary with. I would also say that its graphics are worse than those of Skyrim. Especially since the HDR effects cannot be disabled in F4, even with the console or mods. That makes everytime I have to look at a darker area extra annoying as I have to wait for the game to change the lighting level.

Beth claims their games sacrifice on graphics because of all the other little stuff going on, such as all the individual moveable parts (clutter and what not). Khajiit doesn't have a source for this, it was mentioned by someone or other during the initial outrage over Fallout4's graphics being "not as good as Witcher's". Khajiit knows next to nothing about game development but it does seem plausible.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:16 PM) *

Beth claims their games sacrifice on graphics because of all the other little stuff going on, such as all the individual moveable parts (clutter and what not). Khajiit doesn't have a source for this, it was mentioned by someone or other during the initial outrage over Fallout4's graphics being "not as good as Witcher's". Khajiit knows next to nothing about game development but it does seem plausible.

That just sounds like a cheap excuse to me. Writing a good story and creating decent-looking normal maps are not mutually exclusive. Likewise creating a world is not exclusive to either of those two things. The fact is Bethesda has always been bad at the simple nuts and bolts of making a game engine, creating animations, etc... TBH, the only thing they have ever done well is creating open worlds.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:16 PM) *

That just sounds like a cheap excuse to me. Writing a good story and creating decent-looking normal maps are not mutually exclusive. Likewise creating a world is not exclusive to either of those two things.

*Shrugs* Khajiit does not develop games so he doesn't know. This one would say he agrees with you but he really doesn't know just how much of a strain all of those moving parts has on performance and how that effects the graphics. And since we don't really have anything to compare it to, who's to say they are wrong? Are there any other open world games where you can go around pick up nearly everything that isn't bolted down? Seems like a little thing but Khajiit misses it when he's playing games like Mass Effect, Elderscrolls Online, Dishonored, probably Witcher too (if Khajiit could get around playing as perpetually glum guy).

Writing is a different story entirely. Beth arguably hasn't put out a well written game since Morrowind.
Kane
The dynamic world is indeed what brings down Fallouts graphics compared to the Witcher. I had read somewhere a while back that the Witcher 3 iniatally was going to have a dynamic world like Fallout, but it was just too much with the level of detail in their graphics.

I don't think machines are powerful enough for the masses to provide both aspects, so one has to be sacrificed for the other. I think if games weren't so console driven anymore, we could have games that are as interactive as Bethesda likes, with the quality of graphics that CDPR provided.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 10 2017, 08:20 PM) *

The dynamic world is indeed what brings down Fallouts graphics compared to the Witcher. I had read somewhere a while back that the Witcher 3 iniatally was going to have a dynamic world like Fallout, but it was just too much with the level of detail in their graphics.

I don't think machines are powerful enough for the masses to provide both aspects, so one has to be sacrificed for the other. I think if games weren't so console driven anymore, we could have games that are as interactive as Bethesda likes, with the quality of graphics that CDPR provided.

Well, in any case, Khajiit is really hoping that Cyberpunk will continue everything good that this one has heard about Witcher (story, graphics) and improves upon it by giving us complete freedom to play whatever character we want.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:58 PM) *

*Shrugs* Khajiit does not develop games so he doesn't know. This one would say he agrees with you but he really doesn't know just how much of a strain all of those moving parts has on performance and how that effects the graphics. And since we don't really have anything to compare it to, who's to say they are wrong? Are there any other open world games where you can go around pick up nearly everything that isn't bolted down? Seems like a little thing but Khajiit misses it when he's playing games like Mass Effect, Elderscrolls Online, Dishonored, probably Witcher too (if Khajiit could get around playing as perpetually glum guy).

What I am saying is that making a decent .dds file is does not make it impossible to pick up a jug and move it around. In every game the modding community has picked up Bethesda's slack by creating texture files that are not only higher quality but are also better optimized so they have a lower performance impact is proof of this. You can make .dds files better. People not being paid by Bethesda have done it for decades. If Bethesda had bothered to hire artists with more talent these games could have shipped with far greater quality. Just like if Bethesda had bothered to hire coders with more skill their games would run far smoother. For that matter, their games would work with G-Sync and Freesync. Instead their games actually break if you go over 60 fps.

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 10 2017, 09:20 PM) *

What you are probably thinking of is distant objects, and the issue with showing everything that might be visible when you are looking at a wide expanse of area. Bethesda does tackle this well, by swapping out lower resolution meshes and textures for things in the distance. But even here modders have put Bethesda to shame with homemade LODs.

But that is not what I am referring to. I am talking about the things you see when you are in just a single, small cell. Like the appearance of a person's skin. Their eyes. Or the lighting in the room. You can make skin that does not look like a plastic doll's. Again, the modding community has done it. Bethesda just cannot be bothered to try. These are the people who put a row of square blocks on everyone's face in Skyrim, and splotches over everyone's faces in Oblivion (not to mention green Redguards).
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:58 PM) *

What I am saying is that making a decent .dds file is does not make it impossible to pick up a jug and move it around. In every game the modding community has picked up Bethesda's slack by creating texture files that are not only higher quality but are also better optimized so they have a lower performance impact is proof of this. You can make .dds files better. People not being paid by Bethesda have done it for decades. If Bethesda had bothered to hire artists with more talent these games could have shipped with far greater quality. Just like if Bethesda had bothered to hire coders with more skill their games would run far smoother. For that matter, their games would work with G-Sync and Freesync. Instead their games actually break if you go over 60 fps.

Ah, ok, Khajiit understands what you are saying. (Finally laugh.gif)
Kane
Redguard understands, too. biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Today Khajiit would like to introduce his new mod testing/general goof around character:
Meet the mysterious Mr. Baron.
Mr. Baron recently arrived in the waters around Boston via boat from New Orleans. He was on a tour of what is left of the East Coast and after a brief stop off in Washington D.C. and Point Lookout, Maryland, he continued on to The Commonwealth. Well, his boat struck a rock and sank near a makeshift settlement constructed from a barge and a tug boat. No one was alive, though there were coffins filled with skeletons.

Boston skyline

Gates of a City!

Damsel in Distress

Why, bonjour chère!

Bienvenue

Diamond City

Bartender! My new best friend!

Innkeeper

Finally, some privacy! Time for a drink!

Relaxed, no need for hat and glasses at the moment.
Acadian
Welcome to Mr Baron (Samedi) - what a clever idea! goodjob.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 11 2017, 03:02 PM) *

Welcome to Mr Baron (Samedi) - what a clever idea! goodjob.gif

It's pretty fun really! He even has magic (console commands tongue.gif )!
SubRosa
You did the Shipwreck start with Start Me Up. That is a cool couple of barges.

Papa Legba comes to visit Boston! Love his glowing eyes.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 11 2017, 03:18 PM) *

Heh, if Khajiit is not mistaken, Persephone has the same eyes, right? Was going to use red or violet snake eyes but,but decided the white looked more ghostly.
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2017, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 11 2017, 03:18 PM) *

Heh, if Khajiit is not mistaken, Persephone has the same eyes, right? Was going to use red or violet snake eyes but,but decided the white looked more ghostly.

She does have the same eyes. I would have preferred something a little less... overwhelming. But those are the best white/silver ones in the pack.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 11 2017, 04:35 PM) *

She does have the same eyes. I would have preferred something a little less... overwhelming. But those are the best white/silver ones in the pack.

They are pretty intense!

It occurs to this one that he needs a cemetary player home for Mr. Baron!
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2017, 05:41 PM) *

They are pretty intense!

Do you want the home mod I created for Wildwood Cemetery?

Here, I put it on Dropbox
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 11 2017, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 11 2017, 05:41 PM) *

They are pretty intense!

Do you want the home mod I created for Wildwood Cemetery?

Here, I put it on Dropbox

Sweet! Khajiit will check it out! Gracias!
Lopov
Mr. Baron is a mysterious fellow indeed - great eyes and a very clean suit.

Are the innkeeper and the bartender twins?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.