Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Because Every Rose Has Its Video
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Art
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
SubRosa
mALX: No, that wasn't the teddy bear Behemoth. This one was in Takoma Park, outside the industrial complex. I tried killing it with an artillery barrage, but it never hit him!

That is actually Molly's second Fatman. She already has one back at home in Megaton, that she is saving for something special. Maybe Old Olney, or the Deathclaw Sanctuary. She just happened to find that while exploring the area, so she put it to good use. And you are right, she did soak up quite a bit of radiation down there in the White House basement!

That nuke in the air is another example of using the TFC 1 command to freeze time. That one command makes so many screenshots possible. Sadly, that one nuke didn't get all three of the Talons. Two of them survived, though wounded. Molly had to finish them the old fashioned way...

I thought the mini house was really cool. Though the reward inside it was pretty meh. I think it was some potato chips and a few pre-war dollars.

Acadian: Those big guys are Super-Mutant Behemoths. As Super-Mutants age they get larger. So those guys are the oldest ones. Thankfully there are only about five or six of them in the game, because they are really, really tough. Only the Deathclaws compare to them. They have 4 times the health of a Deathclaw. That means it takes two direct hits from a nuclear bomb to kill a Behemoth. But they only do a third of the damage of a Deachclaw. Still, that is quite a wallop.

The musician is Agatha. She's a sweet old lady living out in the wasteland, who has her own radio station. You can help her get a new violin, and in return she coughs of the Blackhawk, a unique .44 Magnum that is one of the most powerful pistols in the game.

Welcome to Point Lookout

Molly is sporting a new hat, courtesy of one of Marse Robert's old soldiers

I hope Renee didn't do this...

Or this!

Swamp gas

A local yokel
Acadian
Wow, Point Lookout looks like a very bleak place.

Molly feeding her hat fetish!

Uh oh, doll abuse.

The handiwork in the bedroom appears to be that of an axe murderer. Anyone related to Miss Hatchet?

Every bleak land needs a swamp.

Molly and a local yokel engaged in a hatchet measuring contest. I think Molly wins! tongue.gif

mALX

Oh, I absolutely LOVE that one! If you watch the behemoth, it moves in a certain pattern, and the artillery strike also moves in a certain pattern - you just have to realize where it is going to strike next and remember when the behemoth will go there next and call in the hit then.

When you consider the level of damage the mini-nuke is supposed to do, it always floors me when on almost a direct hit there are so many people only wounded - sometimes none are dead and instead come flying at you so you have to change weapons REALLY FAST !!! That is one of the reason's I don't like the missile launcher or Fatman.

TFC1 - Victoria told me about that a long time ago, why do I never remember that in game? What an awesome tip, thank you so much !!!!!!

Yes, in that Megaton house mod I made, I tried to keep that in there - finally gave up on it, it was a strain on my laptop.

And seriously agree, the loot in it was ridiculous since you either have to wait till your lockpick is at 100 or get that darn key (actually, that is how it was on the 360 for me; but I console unlocked it now that I've got the PC game, rollinglaugh.gif ).

I love that hat! Wish it didn't take the hair away!

GAAAAAH! I've never seen that body hanging in the air before !!!

Urk, don't see Molly sleeping there!

Holy Cow, that axe is enormous!

SubRosa
Acadian: So far I have used mostly the default lighting for Point Lookout. All I have done is used a mod that removes the slight green tint FO3 puts on everything (like vanilla Skyrim puts a slight grey tint on everything). So it has a really harsh, washed out look to everything. It reminds me of the old black and white horror movies from the 30's, like Frankenstein and Dracula.

I was wondering who the axe murdered was in that one motel room too! There are a lot of axes in Point Lookout, so Molly is among like-minded people in that regard!

mALX: I love the hat too. I wish they didn't make your hair always vanish. Though in this case it would look a little odd with Molly's two mowhawks sticking up to either side of the cap! I bet no on in the Army of Northern Virginia or Army of Tennessee ever looked like that! laugh.gif

I noticed that about the mini-nukes too. They seem to have a really small area of effect, and do dramatically less damage even just a few feet from the point of impact. You really need hit dead on with them.

Those are bodies hanging in the air in that one pic. They are plastic dolls. There are tons of them in Point Lookout. The swampfolk seem to use them as markers.

Swamp Ghoul

Molly relaxing outside her motel room

Molly is glad this fella's been dead for 65 million years!

Molly and the Book of Pure Evil

Hanging out on the beach
Acadian
It’s fun to see the Bethesda family resemblance among their games. Swamp Ghoul could almost have been taken north of Morthal. tongue.gif

Aww, nice to see Molly relaxing with a drink.

Skindiving for fossils!

Not sure what pure evil is, but it looks pretty bloody.

Hanging out on the beach is a great shot of Molly! happy.gif
mALX

The hat looks awesome on Molly. I haven't tried Misa's on her yet, but love the look of it! I wonder why they couldn't work the hats without removing the hair?

Molly is swimming in her undies! Did she not have to fight anything? Holy Cow! That is the second time I've seen one of your girls find treasure in mirelurk infested water in their undies! Misa needs to take swimming lessons from you, laugh.gif

Those ghouls are horrible!

I'm torn between relaxing at the Homestead or the beach for my favorite screenshot, both are equally awesome !!!

Urk, I see Misa digging around in that blood soon to come, urk.

Awesome shots !!!

SubRosa
Acadian: There are a lot of things from Fallout 3 that went straight into Skyrim. Though playing Point Lookout has made me imagine what a game set in Black Marsh might be like.

mALX: My guess is that hats wind up clipping through the hair, and vice-versa, and it probably comes looking a mess. So Bethesda probably just decided to make your hair vanish when you put on a hat or helmet.

I found the trick to swimming in Point Lookout is to walk along the shore in your full armor first, and get the attention of all the mirelurks. Once you kill them you can have a nice, peaceful swim. Just remember to bring plenty of Rad-X... laugh.gif

Discovering a sunken Chinese Submarine

Molly scuttles the sub

Gunsmoke on the horizon

Green grass and high tides

Molly found the pilot from that downed jet she discovered earlier

Muscle Shoals has got the swampers, and they've been known to pick a song or two...

Gator Country

Molly walks on the side of the angels

This place does not look evil...

Burning down the house

Burnin' for you

Satisfied Man Brain
mALX

I'm def going to try that walking along the beach first, because in the water they are killing me! Thank you for the tip!

Finding the sub - my favorite screen, Molly swimming in her undies again!

Oh, I wondered - do you get bad karma for helping the spies scuttle their sub? If not, I might go back and do it just because I love to see the explosions in FO3, lol.

Oooh, the pilot!

I've found Kenny's mine, but not Muscle Shoals, will have to rectify that.

Did Molly find the secret place on that patio on the side of the house?

These are all great shots, a lot vied for top favorite, but Molly swimming won out, I can even see her little hair wings in the water! Love this update!

Acadian
I’m with mALX in really liking the swimming/sub one. I love her hair under water! I’m trying to decide if it helps her swim or helps her breathe under water. tongue.gif

Gator country is very cool also and really captures a swamp feel.

Ahah, I see on her new axe. I seem to recall an ethereal looking blue hue to her axe – almost like a conjured/bound weapon color and wondered what happened to that one.

Oh, and her civil war style hat looks just right for where she is and what she's doing.

Fiery mayhem!
SubRosa
mALX: You don't get karma either way for destroying not destroying the sub. The war is long over after all, and I think it is safe to say everyone lost! biggrin.gif Blowing up the sub opens up the secret room in the greenhouse of Calvert Mansion (well, you need the crytpo glasses from the spy's motel room too). There are lots of goodies inside, so it is definitely a good idea.

Muscle Shoals isn't in the game my dear, it is a from this song. I picked most of my titles for that last series of pics from either song lyrics or titles.

Acadian: Molly's twin mohawks are like two shark fins, they help her steer! laugh.gif

I noticed that quite by accident her new Ranger armor is grey as well (it is from a retexture mod that I didn't even realize was turned on). So it makes her a perfect Greyback - as Shelby Foote referred to the Confederates.

A short vid of Molly's first encounter with a Deathclaw

Molly is back in the Capital Wasteland

Hunting ghouls in the Dunwich Building

Molly found the Boethiah Shrine

Shhh, be wery, wery quiet, we're hunting Deathclaws...

Molly found Cyrodiil

Molly has just the thing for a mutant tree that no longer wants to live
Acadian
Wow, Molly made quick chop suey out of that deathclaw in the vid! viking.gif

Back in the Capital Wasteland. I just love that little logo on her armor! It looks like a shamrock with crossed sabers.

Hunting ghouls. Neat how her big girl watch glows in the dark. I’ll bet her axe cuts through those ethereals. Does she get slimed?

Gosh, Boethiah sure gets around!

I can see why deathclaws are so named. . . .

Trees! Green! biggrin.gif

Uh oh. . . sure enough the trees are alive and, somehow, they don’t look like friendly spriggans or dryads. ohmy.gif
mALX

OMG, you made a vid of it!!! Awesome !!! Holy Cow, Molly is wicked with that axe!

Holy Crap! What is that thing behind her in the Dunwich Bldg? Urk, gaaaagh!

HaHa, Olney!

And Oasis, I love Oasis! Really hated to do the quest and end it all, lol.

GAAAAH! She chopped up Harold? Urk... *mALX wipes away tear*

Molly in Cyrodiil is my fave, I love Molly's hair !!! Awesome shots, all!

SubRosa
Acadian: Molly has gotten pretty good at Deathclaw fighting. Though I still need to keep my finger near the hotkey for stimpacks to heal up quickly. Those Deathclaws can really pack a punch!

That is a shamrock with crossed sabers on the armor! smile.gif It is from Reilly's Rangers. One can easily guess what ethnicity/nationality Reilly is from... wink.gif

That is a pipboy on Molly's arm. Every player character gets one. It is a mini-computer, and is the rationale for how all the game functions like the map work. They can even get in radio stations. One thing they can do is turn on a light to help see. I modded that to change it to nightvision-like effect that mildly brightens up the entire screen. But the green light on the pipboy screen still comes up like that.

mALX: There isn't anything behind Molly in the Dunwich pic. She is behind the feral! Unless you thought that was Molly up front! laugh.gif

Molly did chop up Harold. I felt sorry for him. What an awful way to end up.

Welcome to The Pitt

The Steelyard

Molly has a new hatchet

A modern art masterpiece

Molly has been busy...

Flirtin' With Disaster

Death of the Slave Master
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2015, 04:56 PM) *

mALX: There isn't anything behind Molly in the Dunwich pic. She is behind the feral! Unless you thought that was Molly up front! laugh.gif

Molly did chop up Harold. I felt sorry for him. What an awful way to end up.

Molly has a new hatchet

Oh, it looked like that thing was looking over Molly's shoulder! How did she get so close to it and it didn't hear her? AWESOME shot!!!! Is that what the ghouls look like close up? Dear gods, they are uglier than even I thought!

Aw, poor Harold. Did he cry out while she was hacking him? Did the town come running in to stop Molly from chopping him down? Does he really die from it; or the tree fall down? I thought you had to kill him in his roots! laugh.gif

This (screenshot) has to be my fave that pipe was so scary to cross; and to have you spin the camera right then! But this is an Awesome shot to begin with, then a great shot of Molly too!

Molly was smart to get armor and weapons before finishing the Steelyard; I didn't remember that Everett would give you weapons and armor or would have been bringing them in 10 at a time!!!! How many injuries I could have saved Misa if I'd thought of that, urk !!!

Acadian
Ah yes, I've heard of these pipboy things. I'm surprised Molly didn't hold out for a pipgirl. tongue.gif

The Pitt – clearly not where Brad (and his tombraider) live. Similarly, I don’t think the Steelers hail from the Steelyard.

Whoa! An industrial hatchet! The ‘been busy’ shot is straight out of a sci-fi gore festy movie! ohmy.gif

Great shots, and I'm glad to see Molly still enjoying the Wasteland. goodjob.gif
SubRosa
mALX: Molly has had a Sneak of 100 for a while now, so she sneak up on almost anything. It comes in very handy for a melee fighter. Otherwise you end up being shot a lot before you can even get close enough to chop back.

Harold didn't make a peep. You are right that Molly did not actually chop him down. She had to go down into some tunnels underneath him and find his heart, and destroy that. The tree still looks exactly the same afterward. It is just that the Harold part is dead. The face is still there though. I was expecting the entire place to attack Molly on sight afterward, but they were all surprisingly philosophical about it all. Perhaps there is hope for humanity after all?

You did all 100 at once? Wow. There is a good side to doing it that way. The Steel Ingots are all weightless until you turn in your first ten. So if you do them all at once they don't weigh anything in your inventory.

Acadian: Actually, you might say that Molly does have a pipgirl, thanks to this mod biggrin.gif

That is a heavy industrial hatchet indeed! But it has some bugs where it becomes invisible. It still works, and chops people apart, but all you see are your empty hands out in front of you.

Paradise will soon fall...

Molly has a big gurl gun

An epitaph for Eulogy Jones

Molly is pimpin' now!

Would you like to play a game Professor Falken?

Molly gets bombed
Acadian
A pipgirl! How neat! biggrin.gif

I love the shots you share that show those old signs, like Paradise Falls.

Wow, that is indeed a big gurl gun!

Uh oh. . . normally hatchet vs gun is not a great idea.

Pimpin’ – Whew, clearly Molly won the gunfight though.

What an adorable looking little troll game. happy.gif

I guess that is an old bomb storage site maybe?
SubRosa
Acadian: It is neat to see the little bits and pieces left of the old world, like the Paradise Falls sign, or the big boy alongside it.

Molly's hatchet always trumps the guns! biggrin.gif Especially now that she is wearing powered armor.

Bomb Storage is exactly what it said on the door! laugh.gif It is part of an old military base / ICBM silo.

Molly has replaced her magnum with something a bit heftier

Molly meets the friendly ants of Shalebridge

And goes to war with their enemies, the not so friendly ants next door.

In the end Molly saved the day for the little fellas

Molly's collection
mALX

Gaaaaah!!!! Did not expect an update so fast, urk. Here is from yesterday:

Great shot in front of Paradise Falls!

Oh yeah!!! The Molly vs Eulogy shot I hoped to see!!!

That must be that Satcom Array in the NorthWest - I tried to bring it home once and those gnomes weighed 15 pounds each and grow to full-size in your inventory, lol. Oh, and I love that movie you just quoted!

Is that Fort Constantine bomb storage? That was a Bobblehead, and a great power armor too!

All awesome shots, now you're making me want to break in a new character and redo some - but I won't because so far I've only seen three Enclave; I can't wait to stir them up and see them attacking Misa across the Wasteland, lol.

** And here is for todays screens:

Holy Cow, what the heck gun is that? That thing is huge!

Very cool screen with the friendly ant !!

Omg, they really are tiny, aren't they?

All 20 Bobbleheads !!! Awesome shot!

I really can't pick a favorite, this last one is a great Molly shot, but ... sitting on the ground near that friendly ant is a wonderful shot too. All great shots !!!

Acadian
Oh. My. Words fail to due justice to the coolness factor of that awe-inspiring sniper rifle Molly's toting in you first shot. And a fantastic pose/screenshot to show off both the gun and the gurl! Wow! goodjob.gif

I can only imagine how proud our friend the Antagonizer must be over Molly helping her pals. wub.gif

Think I neeeed some of those bobbleheads. laugh.gif
SubRosa
mALX: That is one of those SatCom Arrays in that pic with the shrunk down garden gnomes on the chessboard. I guess all they did was use setscale to shrink them down, but not change their regular stats! laugh.gif

Those bombs are indeed in Fort Constantine. Molly never did the Shoot Em In The Head quest, or gathered up the keys, so she could not get to the T-51 powered armor. I never really liked that type of armor anyway. It makes my characters look fat. sad.gif I like the T45 power armor the Brotherhood wears much better.

Some of the friendly Shalebridge ants are small like others, others are bigger, though still not the size of the normal ants you see in the Wasteland.

That gun is the Anti-Material Rifle from FONV. I was looking for a gun big enough to look good with Molly's Tribal Powered Armor, that could also dish out the damage for the enemies she meets at level 20, and it fit the bill.

Acadian: Time to buy Fallout 3 Acadian! I think there was a collectors edition that came with a real vault boy bobblehead!

I was thinking of the AntAgonizer too when I was helping those ants in Shalebridge. It is nice when a character makes a lasting impression like that. smile.gif

Molly has hung up her axe for some much deserved rest and retirement. So without further ado, I present Hecate, a new toon to beat the game with.

Talon Company was kind enough to 'donate' this suit of armor to Hecate

Hanging out in Megaton

Putting out the light

Sniper heaven

Rising from the depths

Relaxing at home
Acadian
Hecate may not be a blonde, but she's got a big sniper weapon, ponytail and a critter pal - so she's all right in my book! Seriously, she looks great and I'd imagine a sniper would be great fun. biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Acadian; Snipers work well in FO3. Every time you hit while in unobserved in sneak mode, you get an automatic critical hit. Fallout snipers are all about getting those criticals, they usually double damage. There are perks that will increase your critical damage as well, so one shot kills are quite doable, so long as you take your time and sneak around.

Hecate in her new Black Recon Armor

Making the Wasteland safe for Teddy Bears everywhere

Taking on the Red Chinese

Sittin' on the dock of the bay...

Nuclear-powered car + one bullet = Boom!

On the lookout

Hecate teams up with the Brotherhood of Steel

Hecate is now packing an M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System

Headshot

Bringing light to the darkness

Hecate and her handiwork

Boom Mk II

mALX

How did I miss this? Hecate looks Awesome! Is that one of the themes in the Megaton house? I like seeing those shelves filled! Awesome shots!

Next:

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 20 2015, 10:32 PM) *

This is my favorite shot, looks like she's sitting next to Otis! Next favorite was the Nuka Girl sign she was standing under - it looked like her! Didn't Pepsi-Cola used to have a girl named "Jenny" or something?

All Awesome shots, and I was totally stumped for where she was !!!

Acadian
I really like Hecate (and her gun)! A very cool looking sniper and her adventures look like great fun. As ever I love the old signs – so Hecate’s magnificent pose under the Nuka Break sign is fantastic! I also really liked how you captured the escaping 50 cal shell in Hecate's M110 shot.
SubRosa
mALX: That is the Pre-War Theme. Most of the house themes don't do anything for me. The Wasteland Explorer and Raider theme have too many skulls. The Love theme just seems silly, and the Vault theme only adds a few scientific items. The Science theme can work for a sciency character, but I have not played one in a while. So the Pre-War one is pretty much my default choice, if I go for a theme at all.

The woman on the Nuka Break sign always makes me think of Rosie The Riveter.

Acadian: VATS mode makes a lot of good screenshots possible in the Fallout games. It is where the kill cams in Skyrim came from. Only it goes through an entire series of attacks, and you can choose to aim for different body parts before the cinematic starts.

Hecate vs Raider

Washington by twilight

Hecate has become the first woman on the Moon

Stopping for a drink in Tenpenny Tower

It seems that old Herbert Dashwood still has plenty of dash in his... *ahem* wink.gif

Hecate found the Firelance

Attten-Shun!

Gary?

Queen of the Wasteland
Acadian
Nice action and touring shots of DC! smile.gif

Wise of Hecate to switch to an assault rifle for up close Raider huntin’.

Washington by twilight looks like she’s stepping out of the Metro station on the Capital Mall.

Hecate on the moon – looks like she had time for visit to the Smithsonian.

Wow, Tenpenny Tavern looks like they stock quite a selection of drink.

Herbert Dashwood – laugh.gif

I got a chuckle out of Queen of the Wasteland – that’s quite a science project throne she’s sitting on.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 24 2015, 06:04 PM) *

mALX: That is the Pre-War Theme. Most of the house themes don't do anything for me. The Wasteland Explorer and Raider theme have too many skulls. The Love theme just seems silly, and the Vault theme only adds a few scientific items. The Science theme can work for a sciency character, but I have not played one in a while. So the Pre-War one is pretty much my default choice, if I go for a theme at all.

The woman on the Nuka Break sign always makes me think of Rosie The Riveter.

Acadian: VATS mode makes a lot of good screenshots possible in the Fallout games. It is where the kill cams in Skyrim came from. Only it goes through an entire series of attacks, and you can choose to aim for different body parts before the cinematic starts.

Hecate vs Raider

Washington by twilight

Hecate has become the first woman on the Moon

Stopping for a drink in Tenpenny Tower

It seems that old Herbert Dashwood still has plenty of dash in his... *ahem* wink.gif

Hecate found the Firelance

Attten-Shun!

Gary?

Queen of the Wasteland

"Washington by twilight" really gives the feel of the wasteland - gorgeous shot !!! I can't get over Hecate doing all these things so early in her game, that is so early to be doing them while the Player is so weak comparatively! Wow !!!

Wait, is that Susan in bed with Dashwood? Holy Crap !!!

Urk, I hate the Gary's !!!!

Ah, the Roach King's throne !!!

Awesome shots !!!!

SubRosa
Acadian: That pic is of the Metro station on the Capital Mall! It is really cool how much the game is like the RL DC. I went there once, but I was really little, so I don't really remember it. I always love when you can identify places from the screenshots I post.

mALX: Hecate is pretty tough these days. Her small guns is about 90, so she can bullseye a headshot from long range without much trouble. Usually that is all there is to it. Most enemies never even knew shew was there, at least not until the back of their head went through the front...

I think that was Susan Lancaster in bed with 'Daring' Dashwood. He's got quite a bit of dash for a man his age! laugh.gif

These will probably be my last Hecate pics for a while
Sunrise sniper

Training Big Town to fight

Pillars of Eternity being released has gotten me thinking about the old school RPGs. Even though it has good reviews so far, I don't want to buy it so early. I'd rather wait for the inevitable patches to fix things, and other folks to discover and wiki the hard to figure out things. So maybe I'll buy it this summer. Until then I decided to satisfy my RPG longing with trying the two expansions for Neverwinter Nights 1, Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark, which I never did get around to doing before.

Aranyani is my archery-based elven ranger, beside her is her animal companion Urso
mALX

OMG, I've never been high enough to train them - never seen the whole town turn out like that! That is awesome! Still, my fave shot has to be Sniper; what a great shot that is! The Wasteland has so many beautiful moments, you have captured a lot of them with your camera!

Is that NevereWinter Nights? I've never played it, but wanted to try it at one point - can't remember why I didn't.

Acadian
Never played the FO stuff, but from what I’ve seen, they did a pretty neat job of deteriorating DC just a little more than it already is. That makes it easy to spot things for those of us unfortunate enough to have been stationed there. tongue.gif

Sunrise sniper is a beautiful shot. Hecate simply radiates an aura of ‘class act’. Wow!

I like that big gurl gun going off next to Hecate as she trains the town. Looks almost like ‘bound weapon blue’ magic there.

Welcome to Aranyani! An elf with a bow, backed up by a bear is a very promising concept!
SubRosa
mALX: That last pic was indeed Neverwinter Nights 1. Even after all these years, it is still a fun RPG. It is only $10 at Gog.com.

Acadian: Was DC really that bad? Too many politicos you had to rub shoulders with?

Aranyani worked out really well in NWN1. The Ranger/Wizard/Arcane Archer build I did with her really took off once she got to the Arcane Archer part. Best of all as a Ranger she could summon an Animal Companion, and as a Wizard she could summon a Familiar. So she always had a small horde with her.

But I got the idea to try something in Neverwinter Nights 2, a game I have never been able to play all the way through. Maybe this time I can.

Persephone has made it to Faerun

She still has a big sword

She can summon Darryl (on the left)

And his other brother Darryl (on the right)

It's probably best if he didn't have any children anyway...
Acadian
Glad to hear that Aranyani worked out well in NWN. Critter companion + familiar both! Nice. You know, it occurs to me that good ol’ Diablo II probably gave me the first solid model for a no-melee mystic archer – complete with valkyrie, decoy and plenty of magic tricks to enhance a girl’s bow.

I loved seeing some shots from NWN2 as I have only played BG1, BG2 and Icewind Dale from the D&D stuff. It sure looks like NWN2 took a huge leap in terms of graphics and such! No more tiny figures on tiny green circles. Persephone (and big sword and Darryl) made the transition nicely! The last shot looks a bit Morrowindesque – just missing mushroom houses. Thanks for sharing!
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 31 2015, 09:27 AM) *

mALX: That last pic was indeed Neverwinter Nights 1. Even after all these years, it is still a fun RPG. It is only $10 at Gog.com.

Acadian: Was DC really that bad? Too many politicos you had to rub shoulders with?

Aranyani worked out really well in NWN1. The Ranger/Wizard/Arcane Archer build I did with her really took off once she got to the Arcane Archer part. Best of all as a Ranger she could summon an Animal Companion, and as a Wizard she could summon a Familiar. So she always had a small horde with her.

But I got the idea to try something in Neverwinter Nights 2, a game I have never been able to play all the way through. Maybe this time I can.

Persephone has made it to Faerun

She still has a big sword

She can summon Darryl (on the left)

And his other brother Darryl (on the right)

It's probably best if he didn't have any children anyway...

The characters look a lot bigger and more lifelike than I thought they would, really intriguing! I think I've seen mods on Nexus, so assuming they included an editor. Really nice - and liked the Darryls, lol. Actually remember that show if I should admit that, lol.

SubRosa
Acadian: NWN2 is a big leap in graphics from the BG and ID games. But actually not that far in other terms. Including the colored circles around your character's feet! laugh.gif I got a very similar feel playing them all. Though in the end, I would say that in spite of the older graphics, Neverwinter Nights 1 was a much better game than NWN2.

mALX: NWN2 does look good, even for a game its age. Granted, I take my screenshots zoomed in, and with the UI hidden. It does have a game editor, mainly for making your own modules. A lot of the modding can be done with Notepad however, or better yet, Excel.

Ah ha! You caught the brother Darryl reference. I loved that show. Granted, that is about all I remember from it now. biggrin.gif

I have returned to Skyrim with a new character

Molly Hatchet has been plucked from the Capital Wasteland by some immortal hand and eye

Rolling into Helgen

Molly wishes she had an axe...

But maybe not that axe!

Alduin clears the way for Molly's escape

It's killin' time

Look out below!

Molly is loosed upon a new world
mALX

I remember it had Bob Newhart in it, and a very funny young blonde girl that was spoiled/rich - and remember the Darrryls, lol. That is about it for what I remember, other than it was in some Vermont type Bed and Breakfast.

I've been waiting for Molly to debut in Skyrim, I remembered the Mohawk hairdo from your earlier screens when you were warming her up on the bullpen.

My favorite shots: Tied for first place is the wicked looking Molly in "Wishes she had an axe;" and the "Alduin clears the way."

Both of these shots are breathtaking for different reasons. All are awesome shots, so glad to see you posting again, I've been waiting/missing your posts!

Acadian
Wonderful to see Molly the Axemaiden in Skyrim! The closer up of the two shots of Molly in the wagon is simply stunning – a fantastic shot and what a magnificent job you did with Molly! Gosh, with legs like that, I can certainly see why they gave her the pantless version of the roughspun tunic to wear. If anyone could deliver a proper comeuppance to that harpy Imperial Captain, it would certainly be Molly. I can only imagine the swath she’ll chop through the northern province. Great to see you playing Skyrim again. goodjob.gif
SubRosa
mALX: I just love the way Molly's look turned out. She has a really intense stare.

Acadian: I didn't give her that outfit, the game did! I guess we know where the devs minds were... Molly is a little more leggy than usual, because I used Enhanced Character Edit to make her a little taller than normal.

This was an unexpected encounter

Molly goes fishing

Let's make a deal

Molly the Hatcheteer

I also rolled a new toon for Neverwinter Nights 1

Persephone gets an assist from Darryl

Fulfilling an ex-convict's wish
mALX

She sure does have an intense stare, it is Awesome! I didn't notice that in the preliminary shots you did choosing armor a month or so back. The "staring down the fish" is my favorite, it looks like she scared the fish out of the water with that look, lol.

Molly is beautiful, I love that look, I got Misa to do that in the one picture I hung on Buffy's thread today; but she doesn't do it all the time like Molly is in the screens since she came to Skyrim. (and by the way, Misa's Skyrim looks are all thanks to your advice; I can never thank you enough for that!)

I love that you brought her from the Wasteland in your roleplay of her that is a very cool idea! It is really exciting to think of all the possibilities for her; I imagined her looking down at the Geiger counter on her wrist and wondering why it wasn't ticking; then kind of laying face down in the water and rolling or drinking kind of madly like the two boys did in "Holes" when they got to the top of that mountain.

Oh Persephone is invisible/see through in that one shot! I can see on closer inspection the difference in graphics with NeverWinter Nights - the lack of clutter and how quickly the items fade from view, etc. I didn't notice these things in the first shots you posted of it.

Love these screens!

haute ecole rider
Acadian: I didn't give her that outfit, the game did! I guess we know where the devs minds were... Molly is a little more leggy than usual, because I used Enhanced Character Edit to make her a little taller than normal.

No wonder the game gave her that outfit - there were no pants to fit those legs of hers! wink.gif
Acadian
The wandering bard and lying cat! It is funny when two random encounters appear at the same time – or perhaps one simply remains till the next one shows up. I’ve encountered a skooma seller chatting with a thief on the side of the road, apparently waiting for Buffy to ride along for example.

I think Molly’s gonna win that staring contest with the slaughterfish. ohmy.gif

Let’s make a deal – it is clear that Molly’s intimidate skill likely exceeds her speechcraft skill.

If you axe me, that bandit got what was comin’ to him. tongue.gif

Wow, Purse Phone gets around – she’s doing NWN-land now. I’m so glad she was able to bring Darryl with her; they are a team after all. smile.gif
SubRosa
mALX: Actually the slaughterfish was already dead. She killed it, and it floated to the surface. Otherwise I probably never would have gotten such a good pic with it. wink.gif laugh.gif

The Wasteland is definitely a big part in Molly's roleplay. It makes the game feel a lot different when I look at it through her eyes. So far she has been able to put down all the fantastic stuff she has seen to mutations, or some form of hidden technology. She thinks everyone is a bunch of tribals, who don't even recognize tech when they see it. Because of that she has so far never cast or learned a spell. I am not sure how long that will continue. But so far she is a no-magic character. She does use potions. Because to her those are just chems, the same as stimpacks.

These pics of NWN Persephone are from the first Neverwinter Nights game, not the second one. So the graphics are a lot simpler. The look of the game is deceptive. Because when you zoom in close to things, they often look really good, like the grain of wood on a wall, or the small detail in the waving strands of grass. But most of the time the game is played zoomed out so you can see what is around you, and you miss it. Instead you see the big, blocky shapes. Still, the gameplay is really good.

haute ecole rider: The Imps had to cut the legs off her prison pants because they did not fit! I love that. laugh.gif

Acadian: Once and a while I have gotten two random encounters in the same spot. But never with either of those two!

As usual, I had to do a little modding magic to get Darryl into the game. I did dual class Persephone as a Fighter / Cleric to get some magic. But she has still needs another level before she can get the Animate Dead spell. Instead I found an Animate Dead feat that one of the prestige classes gets, and I used the character editor to give it to Persephone. She has teamed up with Sharwyn, an npc bard who can handle those pesky tasks like picking locks, so she has not called on Darryl much lately. But I am starting to think of discarding Sharwyn and just using the editor to up Persephone's open lock skills.

Persephone casts an Endure Elements spell on her companion Sharwyn

Taking on a Bloodsailor mage and his Eyeball Familiar

Persephone plays Halo

Another angle, that is a Flesh Golem she is attacking, and a Dire Wolf that Sharwyn summoned to help

Turning ogres into mist

Taking on a troll
Acadian
Neat! I was very thankful for a character editor when playing BG II. It is ever so helpful to modify classes of NPCs that have good personalities into skills/attributes that you need them to have. And combining stuff into your own character is very helpful as well.

Like Persephone, Buffy was a hybrid in BG II. Ranger (archer) with find/disarm traps, unlocking (from the thief class) and a summon critter spell from the druid side of things. In return, she ignored melee and armor.

Thanks, as ever, for sharing some screens from your game. I’m so glad you’re, once again, enjoying NWN I. There are some creepy looking foes there! Sharwyn looks like a good helper, but no one can compare to Darryl and I’m sure Persephone misses him. Although I love the dire wolf helper, It seems most of D&D is sort of designed around a 6-member team – is that the case with NWN?
Grits
Gosh, this game looks really fun to me. The flesh golem and dire wolf picture looks particularly neat. Is your view mostly down at character level like that, or do you zoom out sometimes for kind of an overhead view? I’m sorry I don’t know how to describe it. I never got to play these games. embarrased.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: Thanks. smile.gif My full reply is over in the Neverwinter Nights topic.

Grits: Most of the time I play the game zoomed out pretty far so I can get a good look around. Here is a good example from NWN1, and here is one from NWN2. Still, I like to zoom in during the fights so I can see things go spleckt! The bottom of the screen is a quick-bar where you can assign spells and actions to. The upper right has pictures of you and your companions. The red bar beside each is for health. The icons off to the left of Persephone's pic shows the effects she has active thanks to buffing spells. NWN1 doesn't show your companion's buffs, but NWN2 does. The buttons under Persephone's pic are shortcuts to things like the journal, inventory, and so on. But I always use the keyboard shortcuts for that.

There are actually three different camera options. All of them are third-person only. The one I use most centers the camera on your character, and lets you zoom in and out, and spin around any way you want. There is a very similar mode that does not always stay centered on you, but rather allows you to move the camera to either side for a bit as well. Finally there is a view that zooms down to behind your shoulder, and does not allow you to look to either side without turning your character. I think that is meant to be more like an FPS style, but I never use it.

They are very fun games. They are very dated now, but still a good time. I highly recommend them. I think you can get NWN1 for about $10 on Gog.com.
mALX

I remember Molly did Oasis, so had that memory of grass/trees; maybe thought Harold's seeds created another Oasis; but the snow/cold/etc.

I think that is what makes the roleplay so awesome, is the initial reactions on seeing all these new things. Like Argonian and Khajiit - because in the Wasteland the mutations were a danger and had to be eliminated before they could eliminate you; so to see mutations interacting with people in a friendly manor would kind of be shocking, lol. Really Awesome idea you had here!

These screens really remind me a lot of Morrowind, especially that green Golem, lol. Awesome shots!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 26 2015, 01:56 PM) *

Wow, the detail in that robe is amazing! And yes, that armor is gorgeous.

Holy Cow, that bottomless chasm is freaky! You are so right about the level of detail though, this is amazing!

Holy Crap! Is there no way to sneak on those giant things? Urk, holy cow!

Ooh, a vid! Two things struck me about the vid: The first was the voice files for the spell casting are the same voice files I used for Maxical's casting in the ELZ Voice mod that lets you add all your own voice files - I found them on Planet Elder Scrolls or a similar site.

The second is how small everything is when you are in the exterior world; how do you keep up with the fight and how your character is doing?

I had a lol moment when she said "I hope you like pain," loved that line and her voice!

Okay, now on the werewolf she is zoomed in to fight, much better. Gaaaah, what was the dialogue saying after they stopped battling? I couldnt' see...wait, replayed it in full screen and with a magnifying glass.

Oh how cool that quest was! I wish the dialogue was larger like in Oblivion, but that was a really cool quest! I liked that a lot!

Do you use FRAPS for your vid capture?

Awesome update, I am really liking seeing this game - always wondered about it.

Acadian
You’re right! That armor looks fabulous – like glass/elven.

Yay for Darryl!

Bottomless chasms is a spooky looking shot!

Umber Hulks! I remember them from D&D days.

What fun to see Persephone in action in that vid! I chuckled at the little rat squeaky background noises and how you can toggle loot to come up in turquoise – both features that I liked from BG II.
SubRosa
mALX: Thankfully the game won't let you fall off the bridges and down into those bottomless pits. So they just look really cool.

How hilarious about the voice! It is called Female Seductress. It is the only voice out of the entire two dozen or so in the game that does not sound ridiculously over-acted. So it is the only one I use in NWN1.

I do use FRAPS. I tried out Bandicam as well, trying to figure out what was going on. Finally I figured it out. I was recording at 30 frames a second. When I tried an experiment at 60 fps it looked much better.

Acadian: I remember those squeaky rats from Baldur's Gate. Not to mention a squeaky space hamster! I remember the old trick of holding down a key to highlight interactive objects from way back in the first Diablo game.

Persephone battles goblins

Holding the bridge

Persephone smites the undead

That is one big book

Persephone meets a demon...

...then a lich

I also spent some time with Molly Hatchet
Molly found a hotplate for her camp

Molly discovers Edoras

Bargaining with a pointy-eared mutant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.