Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Because Every Rose Has Its Video
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Art
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
mALX
These three vids were great! Like King Coin, I was rolling when the robot was asking the super mutants for tickets - and when the bomb went off and a leg came flying in the room with Boudica! ROFL !!!
King Coin
QUOTE(mALX @ May 19 2011, 11:19 PM) *

That one scared the crap out of me!

The first time I did it I was pumped and ready for him. I grabbed the bear and whirled around... to nothing. I walked around and he was off in the distance killing raiders.

The second time (with the alien blaster) I just grabbed it and assumed he'd be off in the distance again. Nope
He spawned right behind me. I remember because I was talking to a friend on XBL and our conversation was interrupted by me yelling obscenities. Good thing I had the blaster.
mALX
ROFL !!!

I was collecting teddy bears, had an enormous pile of them on my bed in the Megaton house - grabbed that bear and next thing I know he was THERE! I was so scared I nearly wet my pants! I squeezed back into that trailer and just kept shooting - I think it took forever before he died, I ran out of bullets in two guns - had just got through tangling with the one at that car factory place, so totally wasn't expecting another so soon!

The first one I ever saw was at the place where you get the "Terrible" shotgun. I dropped down from the mountain behind the building onto the roof of the building, then to the ground - and raced into the building. I was out of everything, so figured I'd see if I could get loot inside that building. Didn't know the bartender would be friendly, and blasted a missile into the bar (picked that missile launcher up in the upper building). When I saw the stats on that "Terrible" I was tickled pink that I went in there. I came out of that place wanting to try it out and saw that Behemoth ... HOLY CRAP! What the H is that thing!!!! It was loose, running between the trains. Scared me to death!
SubRosa
King Coin: I love turning protrectrons loose the tunnels. It is so hilarious what they get up to. You can also give them tickets too. If you have one in your inventory and click on a protrectron, he will take it from you.

My first time finding that Behemoth with the teddy in the shopping card I ran nearly all the way to Evergreen Mills. I ran into one of the caravan traders there, and him, his bodyguard, and I finished the Behemoth off together.

mALX: I always collect the teddy bears and toss them on my bed. Sometimes I throw the pre war cash on the desk in the same room.

I love turning the behemoth loose in Evergreen Mills. If you skirt around the cliffs, you can get a shot at the generator that runs the power for his cage. One shot will blow it up, and let it out of its cage. Tons of fun to watch it toss the raiders around!

Next, something different. I fired up Oblivion again for a while today to tweak some of my OSR settings. While I was at it I decided to take some vids of Teresa clearing out Miscaracand. It was a big place, so will take a while to get all of the videos edited and up.

Teresa of the Faint Smile 01 - Miscarcand, Part 1

The lion you see is Teresa's, it is from my Witchcraft mod. Likewise the spell she uses at the end to recharge her bow is from a Recharge mod, that I further modded to reduce how much it recharged and make it easier to buy. Teresa's bow is a combination of the Bow of the Mongolian Horseman mod, which I modded to put the Elven Bow texture on it. Her armor is the miran-talurn armor from shdw armor pack 2. I use Poison FX to add a shader for the poison effect. Finally, her goggles are from Dwemer Spectacles. I created a script to go with them that grants night eye while they are worn.

I am a little rusty, since I have not played Oblivion in a while. Because of that I forgot about recharging Teresa's bow. I went into that last big fight against all the zombies with it out of charges. That is why her poison was not working. Her bow has a 100% Weakness to Poison to bust the immunity of undead.

Oh, I am also using a mod I created that makes all the Ayleid Ruins accessible, regardless of quests. That is why Teresa can get into Miscarcand, as she is not doing the main quest, and never will.
mALX
I'll bet you are right that it was the Hubris Comics - it was text-based adventure - it was fun though, and a nice surprise!

Miscarand! I was just talking to King Coin about this ruin the other day. If you grab the giant welkynd stone without killing the Lich King - and run out of Miscarand, it stalks you everywhere you go till it is killed or your character is, lol. It is hard to kill, and a ball to have chasing you !!

Not sure, but I don't think Miscarand is ever locked. I have gone in there without any quests active and gotten in, grabbed the giant welkynd stone and just held onto it till the quest required it. When Martin releases you from talking you can just tap him on the shoulder and start up conversation again and he will recognize the stone is in your inventory.

I enjoyed most of the quests in the main questline - most, not all. What I didn't like is that there is no way to do it without your character becoming uberish or heroic just by the nature of the quests. Still, it was fun to follow through, especially on my first time playing.

What knocked me out about this vid was the absolute toughness of these zombies! They just kept getting up over and over again, filled with arrows! I was screaming my head off watching, especially when they trapped her at the door and then that skeleton followed her back out! GAAAAH! Awesome Vid !!!
King Coin
That was pretty exciting! Those hotkeyed poisons worked so well!
That summoned mountain lion is awesome! I usually dread hearing their roar.
SubRosa
mALX: You are right, Miscarcand is one of those you can get into even though its quest-related.

Those were Dread Zombies, so the top of the food chain. Teresa is level 20, so she sees some tough critters. It would have gone a lot better if her bow had not been out of charges, then her enchantment would have worked, and her poisons.

King Coin: It took me a year and a half to figure out that you can hotkey potions. It sure comes in handy. If you like the lion, just wait until Teresa can summon a grizzly bear. Or a spirggan. Those are the most powerful creatures summonable in Witchcraft.

Miscarcand, Part 2

Miscarcand, Part 3

I am sorry for the ultra-brightness in the menus, but if I had not increased the brightness, it would have been too hard to see outside the menus. Either Windows Live Movie Maker or You Tube darkens everything. In the future, I will make sure that Teresa wears her night eye goggles whenever underground.
Thomas Kaira
My hotkeys tend to be this:

1: Primary weapon

2: Poison

3: Secondary weapon

4: My best healing spell

5-8: Various spells that suit my needs at the time

I am contemplating picking up Enhanced Hotkeys again to give me even more hotkeys, but for now, I'm doing fine with the standard 8.

Also, a new addition to my own load order has been Less Annoying Magic Experience, which aims to rebalance Oblivion's magic to make it less irritating to use and correct several shortcomings in the ways certain vanilla spells worked. Here's a few noteworthy tidbits:

- Duration of many buffs and debuffs have been significantly improved (x4). No more casting three buffs in a row and the first one is already disappearing! Very powerful buffs / debuffs like Invisibility and Paralyze aren't affected.
Example: the Apprentice rank premade Soul Trap spell has had its duration increased to 80 seconds from 20 seconds so that you no longer have to fret about the spell effect dying while in the middle of a big battle when you have other things on your mind, like staying alive.
- Summons can be killed with Dispel effect.

It is very useful, and has already allowed for a notable increase in my spellcasting. Also, most of the more "out there" features I know you don't like are optional, so I would recommend taking a look at this one.
King Coin
I meant to say this on the last video: Good voice set choice goodjob.gif

I love seeing those skeletons fly apart when you shoot them laugh.gif It does make a follow up shot more difficult though.

You must not care for septims much, because you left quite a few valuables behind. Two things that come to mind right away are some potions and every lockpick in the dungeon. Those are literally more valuable than septims!

I'm going to look into that recharge spell. That's really cool!

I like the armor/outfit as well.
Acadian
What fun to watch Teresa clear this big ruin! smile.gif The voice of Imoen suits her well. Love the mountain lion; for the way Teresa fights, the fact that the lion is generally below her line of fire is ideal!

I noticed Teresa generally held her nocked arrow once she decided not to shoot. Once I saw her shoot it into the ground. You know that you can denock an arrow and not loose poison or a charge, right? I use the vanilla 'dodge' maneuver (Acro of 50+) to denock arrows and am so very used to it that I don't bother with any of the several mods that can also do the job.
mALX
I have to go out for the next 45 minutes, will watch this when I get back.
mALX
I'm back ... GAAAAH!!! ARGH!!! You ended it on a cliffhanger !!! Urgh !!! Great vids, I'm dying to make my way into Miscarand again after watching this !!!
Grits
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 25 2011, 12:05 PM) *
That was pretty exciting! Those hotkeyed poisons worked so well!

ohmy.gif Holy smoke, I had no idea you could do that!!!

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 25 2011, 07:26 PM) *
You know that you can denock an arrow and not loose poison or a charge, right? I use the vanilla 'dodge' maneuver (Acro of 50+) to denock arrows and am so very used to it that I don't bother with any of the several mods that can also do the job.

ohmy.gif Or that!!

I loved those shots through the gap in the railing. Later it was fun to see those bones fly! I have a new character I’d like to play before I try to write her. Now I’m inspired to create her, today!!
SubRosa
Thomas Kaira: I always hotkey 1 as my healing spell or stimpack. The rest kind of vary. LAME is another of those mods that does not interest me. I find magic to already be overpowered in Oblivion, and would sooner find ways challenge myself by using less of it. Even with my pure mage characters, I find myself specializing in different fields or elements to limit myself. Such as Morrigan, whose only attack spell was Fingers of the Mountain (which I modded to make it actually a reasonable spell).

King Coin: Imoen was the first voice set I ever used for Oblivion, and Teresa the first character I used her on (she is the second Oblivion character I ever played. The first one - Clare - was basically a throwaway character that I learned the game with). In fact, Imoen set the bar so high, that there are very few other voice sets I can stand to listen to.

You are right about the septims. Teresa has 41k right now, which she never spends any of, because she never needs to. She has no need for more money, so the only things she takes are ingredients to make potions with, and few pre-made potions that be useful. Everything else she leaves behind. She also has the Skeleton Key, which makes lockpicks obsolete.

That recharge mod is a bit tricky, as it has several different modules you can use. I edited the simplest one, reduced how much it recharges and made it a novice level spell, and made it into a spell tome that you can buy at The Mystic Emporium. If you want, I can email the .esp to you.

Acadian: Most of the animals you can summon in Witchcraft are like that. Because they are low to the ground, you can shoot over their heads. Unlike summoned undead or daedra. You are right, it is very convenient. The lion can sometimes be tricky because it likes to jump up, and I have not tried it with the grizzly yet (not up to the 100 Conjuration required). The Boar was the best for shooting over, since he is really low to the ground, and never leaps. He was also surprisingly tough.

I know about the acrobatics denocking trick. But I do not have enough hands and fingers to do it, and gave up trying a long time ago. I just shoot the arrow down in the ground. If you hit the grab quick enough, you can catch it before it bounces away. I lose a potion and a charge, but both of those are easy to replace.

mALX: Miscarcand was always one of my favorite ruins, because of its size, and the goblins and undead fighting one another inside.

Grits: I find shooting through the railing to be very tough. Often I find myself hitting the rail instead of the target! But jumping up on top of the rail often ends up in me being spotted. Or at least it did when Teresa had a lower sneak. So sometimes I still go for those shots. Hotkeying the poisons really does make life for an archer much easier. No more opening the menu with every shot and picking out the poison you want to use.

Teresa goes deeper into the rabbithole, and actually uses her night eye goggles at the beginning here. Unfortunately I did not think of the video darkening effect, and took them off later.

Teresa faces the Lich King of Miscarcand, in the conclusion of the series. There was more to the ruin afterward, but it just felt anti-climatic to show it.
King Coin
As you saw a few of my videos ago, Aravi has no need for money either, but I just can't stand leaving all that stuff behind.

@ the lion: Good Kitty!

LOL you figured out you can shoot arrows through those gates as well.

I noticed you were carrying a lot of repair hammers. Is that number normal? Aravi usually carries 3-4 or at most 5.

In the second video at about 1:30 I thought that zombie saw you. Instead it was interested in Kitty. Freaked me out for a moment though.

Teresa is very agile.

If you want, I can email the .esp to you.

Sure, send it to (edited out)

Let me know if you do send. I don't check that one often.
SubRosa
Ok, check you mail, I just sent it. It has been a while since I did that, now I remember. I took the script for the spell effect that the guy was using in the original mod, and created an entirely new mod of my own around just that. Basically making a new spell using his script, a spell tome for it, and giving it to Calandil to sell.

I am not really sure how many hammers Teresa is carrying. In the vanilla game I always carried 20 or more, as I went through them so quickly, no matter what my skill. I have since modded the game to make the hammers last longer, and so usually do not carry that many. If she has a lot, it is just because she has not gotten around to selling off the extra ones she's picked up.
King Coin
I just noticed you said spell tomes... I do not have that add-on. Do I need it for this to work?
Acadian
Neat to see Teresa's NVGs in action early in the first part.

I was sooo reaching for a command creature spell with those multiple foes! Teresa however continues to do really well working with her furry feline friend and quick footwork. I see what you mean about the lion occasionally jumping up into the line of fire, but Teresa knows how to anticipate that it seems.

Great fun!
SubRosa
QUOTE(King Coin @ May 27 2011, 08:18 PM) *

I just noticed you said spell tomes... I do not have that add-on. Do I need it for this to work?

You do not need it. The Spell Tomes dlc does not really do anything that the regular game cannot. A spell tome is simply a book that uses a script that teaches you the particular spell when you read it. The first time you open it, it gives you an option of whether or not you want to learn it.

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 27 2011, 09:13 PM) *

Neat to see Teresa's NVGs in action early in the first part.

I was sooo reaching for a command creature spell with those multiple foes! Teresa however continues to do really well working with her furry feline friend and quick footwork. I see what you mean about the lion occasionally jumping up into the line of fire, but Teresa knows how to anticipate that it seems.

Great fun!

At first I could not figure out what NVG meant. Then when I looked back at the video, the night eye light went off in my head! I usually can see fine without them with my flatscreen monitor, so I rarely use them anymore. But they do make things a lot clearer in these videos.

The lions took me a bit of getting used to, because of how they like to jump up and paw at people. I had to get used to the rhythm of their attacks, and time my shots between them. I have found that conjuration works really well with an archer, especially indoors, as you can use the summons to ward off the enemy, or decoy them.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2011, 09:00 PM) *

You do not need it. The Spell Tomes dlc does not really do anything that the regular game cannot. A spell tome is simply a book that uses a script that teaches you the particular spell when you read it. The first time you open it, it gives you an option of whether or not you want to learn it.

Thanks. I was not sure. I'll give your .esp a shot.
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2011, 09:00 PM) *

I have found that conjuration works really well with an archer, especially indoors, as you can use the summons to ward off the enemy, or decoy them.

It really does work well. I'd consider it for Aravi if she wasn't already skilled with the blade.
Thomas Kaira
If you aren't already aware of it, if you equip a one-handed melee weapon after you shoot your bow in sneak mode, but before the arrow makes contact, you will get an extra 3X damage from your sneak attack.

You need not use the weapon at all, it just needs to be in your hand when the arrow makes contact.

Good for getting some extra health off those pesky high-level monsters with all those extra leveled hitpoints. wink.gif

By the way, Rosa, I had no trouble seeing what you were doing. I'm used to having my dungeons A LOT darker.
mALX
My heart was in my throat after she grabbed that welkynd stone! It releases the steps and the King Lich, lol. What a fight! I am always torn between wanting to kill everyone and get the loot and running out of there so the King will stalk me, lol. Great Vids !!
Thomas Kaira
Okay, this one simply cannot be passed up.

The mod is called Idle Dialogues, and its purpose is to restore a feature of Oblivion's that was left out of the final release for unknown reasons (seeing as Bethesda packaged all the needed voice files anyways). Basically, this mod allows for the NPCs of the game to mutter to themselves when they aren't really doing anything (like they used to in Morrowind).

Here's a few snippets:

Redguard: "I long for a Colovian Fur Helm."

Imperial: "So many things to do, so little time."

Imperial: "Brandy and Comberry Wine... heh, not a good combination."

Imperial: "I'm so hungry, I could eat a Bosmer!"

Breton: "Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, everywhere dirt."

Altmer: "The indignity of it all."

(Note: OBSE required)
SubRosa
It has been a long time. I have been playing a new character lately: Artemisia. Thanks to being the victim of magical experimentation, she has Khajiit eyes and the Khajiit night eye ability to go with them. Thanks to that she was exiled from Summerset as well. Her ship wrecked north of Anvil, and she was the sole survivor thanks to her birthsign. Born under the Undine, she can breathe underwater, and is healed by water and rain. After exploring the area around Anvil, she went to the Imperial City, where she tried to help some people out who were being harrassed by a corrupt Watchman. He tossed her in prison for her troubles, where she met the Emperor, saw him die, was given the Amulet of Kings, and escaped. After seeing the Watchman go to prison, and join the Thieves Guild, Artemisia decided to follow the Emperor's wishes, and has gone to Kvatch to find his long lost son. But strange things are afoot in Colovia...

Artemisia 01 - Kvatch Part 1
King Coin
I haven't finished watching, but I literally facepalmed when I saw you spinning the camera around her. Why did it never even occur to me that there was a function like that? I should have been making big use of that! And now that I think of it, I think Acadian even mentioned it in his comments once. Missed opportunities.

At the end there I thought Artemisia was going to have to resort to using a melee weapon on those two atronachs. I never made much use of absorb health magic just because they take so much magic to use.

That atronach on the hill was so frustrating! Aravi used to be able to easily make shots like that, but then she spent so much time fighting in enclosed spaces that she can't shoot very far anymore with much accuracy.
liliandra nadiar
You have a fondness for archers don't you? smile.gif Marksmen happens to be the area I need the most work on myself. Give me a sword or a staff any day.

Artemisia seems a tad anarchist, vengeful at the least. Makes me wonder why she even decided to do what the Emperor asked at all.
Acadian
So, the Greek Diana with a voice like Viconia is laying siege to the Deadlands! wink.gif

She looks like a great no-melee mystic archer, specialized in conjuration. And really using that Dremora Conjuredude well with her bow. Blocking with bow, then casting a touch spell when cornered! Most excellent.
Grits
That was fun to watch. Great shooting across at that Flame Atronach, and it was inspiring how Artemisia stuck with her touch spells against the two in the tower. My Altmer archer/conjurer/supposedly destructionist still carries an axe for those situations. whistling.gif

I hope this is part one of many! smile.gif
SubRosa
King Coin: I do that 3rd person spin around all the time while playing the regular game. That way I can see behind or beside my character while I am going down the road. The only downside is that you can only move in a straight line when you do it while moving.

Artemisia is a no-melee character. I am trying out Absorb Health with her rather than destruction magic because I have never done the bow/absorb combo before. It is tough, because as you said, the magicka cost for the absorb is so high.

liliandra nadiar: To be honest, I like all the types. I have been playing melee and magician characters of late, so a bowgirl has been a refreshing change of pace. Artemisia is a bad girl, but has not always been so. Before she was kidnapped and mutated, she was a nice, law-abiding citizen of Summerset. Since then she's had to learn what life is like when you are not one of the beautiful people. She sees the Emp as her shot at getting back her legitimate life, of being respectable once more, rather than just some freak in the gutter. Still, she has trouble keeping her fingers from wandering into other people's pockets... wink.gif

Acadian: "I feel your eyes roving over me. Do you see something you desire?" wink.gif Viconia is one of my favorite sound sets. Although when the Innocent voice says: "Found a dark patch." I always want to giggle, as it brings up images of a naked brunette...

Artemisia is my first character to summon daedra. I am going to experiment with her to see what they are like. So far it is a lot more challenging than summoning animals, as the damn dremora always block my field of fire. I cannot count how many arrows I used to find my scamp.

Grits: I have not played an archer in a while, so I am a little rusty at some of these long range shots too.

Artemisia finishes the Kvatch Gate
Acadian
I’m loving Viconia’s voice for Artemisia – it suits her perfectly. Heh, I know what you mean about Innocent's voice set; Buffy is always finding a dark patch.

How touching that she took a cue from Jerric and left Menien a dagger for, well, you know. sad.gif

She is quite the packrat when it comes to grabbing heavy loot! And it looks like she just upgraded bows perhaps? That looks like sort of a daylight shader on her natural nighteye ability? I’m fortunate that, when I rarely use nighteye, I like the blue. Ah, and I see she is using her repair hammer to check for enemies nearby. She is getting much better at using her big summon as a shield as well as sidestepping to enable her shots around him. Okay, from the sigil, we see that Artemisia is between level 9-12. Woohoo, then her rain regeneration kicks in at the very end to top off her red.

Whew, let me catch my breath. Closing an Oblivion Gate in under twenty minutes! Wham, bam, thank you ma’am. Artemisia needs to meet Nerussa and learn to slow down. You know, to smell the harrada and such. tongue.gif
King Coin
That was nice of her to leave a dagger. Depressing, but better than what the Dremora would do.

I really miss that nighteye. That mod won't install and I think it's because of a MS screwup. mad.gif

She got in there a couple of times real quick to absorb some health while the enemies were distracted. Nice!

That was a neat ability, getting health from rain. Do bodies of water heal her too?
liliandra nadiar
Nice work Arti. Now she only has to deal with the horde inside the city itself.

BTW, I use a mod to reduce Restoration spell costs that has been invaluable in making that particular school of spells useful in most cases.
Grits
The two dremora jumping off the ramp was fun!

Artemisia doesn’t usually seem to have much patience with the Imperial guys, but she sure wanted to get Menien out of that cage. sad.gif Excellent touch with the dagger.

My favorite part was the Rain Regeneration, that is so neat!
SubRosa
Acadian: I am getting practice at shooting around those big hulking dremora. I don't put nearly as many arrows in their backs as I did with the scamps when I started playing Artemisia! She was about 10th or 11th level when I started Kvatch. She leveled up too quickly to be honest, and I had to change around her majors to slow it down some more. I went into Kvatch unprepared - with no magic items that is - and it really made things difficult. She did indeed upgrade to that Dwarven bow. I was hoping for a damage effect on the sigil stone, but got a shield and damage armor instead. Since most of the daedra don't seem to wear armor, Artemisia used the sigil on her armor instead.

King Coin: You cannot delete the old shaders? Or copy over the new ones? That would sound like some sort of file corruption going on. Maybe you should just download it all over again and try from scratch?

Artemisia's Undine healing works when she is in water, but only when she is under it, or treading water. Unfortunately it won't work if she is only standing in say knee-deep water. It is because of how the ISSwimming function works. It also works in the rain, and when it is snowing. I got the entire idea from the Grummite water healing, and ran with it.

liliandra nadiar: The horde in the city is even worse. They are all packed together, and of course there are the city guard and legionaries to get in the way and ruin any chance of sneaking. I am holding off on reducing the cost of Restoration. I want to try it the way the game made it at first, and see how that works out. It should be a lot cheaper as Artemisia gets her skill up. She also added a sigil to fortify her magicka after Kvatch that helped a great deal.

Grits: I love pushing the daedra over the edge in those towers! It was so great when they did it all on their own this time. The first one that fell actually shot up a frost bolt at the one following it too! Before he went splat that is! You are right about Artemisia being impatient with the Imps. They are human, and speaking with them is just so demeaning for a Altmer like herself. The worst part of her exile is being forced into the company of such primitives. wink.gif

The Rain Regeneration is part of her birthsign, that I created. The Undine gives water breathing, and heals her when she is the rain, snow, or water. It is part of a bunch of new birthsigns I created a few months ago, after I got a burst of inspiration.

Artemisia helps retake Kvatch - part 1
Grits
Wow, that is a tough battle for an archer. Everyone gets in the way! The undercroft looked nearly impossible.

Once again the rain healing was just brilliant. It’s so much more a part of her than a power she can use once a day.

I like Artemisia’s voice and look, they really set her apart from the usual folk I expect to find in Cyrodiil. It’s fun to watch this battle, since playing it feels so personal.
Acadian
That was exciting. What a terrible situation for an archer to have friendlies darting in and out of your line of fire. I hope Arti’s Dremora doesn’t get mistaken for a baddie! biggrin.gif

I remember when you got that green cloud mod to more dramatically display the poison effect. It looks good.
King Coin
LOL! It looked like Artemisia’s Dremora checked the pulse on the dead flame atronach!

Why does Artemisia take the dremora weapons?

Ah I see Inian dropped pretty fast. The rest of the soldiers did surprisingly well though for suicidal maniacs.

Nice spell names. Makes everything easy to find then.

Oh and that undercoft was a madhouse! No friendlies hit either I don’t think. I’m impressed!

On the nighteye, it tries to place a file into a folder in C:\Users\Dan\Local\... <some other folders that I cannot remember anymore>
Anyways, the file never makes it there. DLing the mod again doesn't help. The folder its trying to add the file to is marked "read only" and I can't get rid of that flag. mad.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 5 2011, 12:34 AM) *

On the nighteye, it tries to place a file into a folder in C:\Users\Dan\Local\... <some other folders that I cannot remember anymore>
Anyways, the file never makes it there. DLing the mod again doesn't help. The folder its trying to add the file to is marked "read only" and I can't get rid of that flag. mad.gif

That sounds like it might be a Virtual Store issue. Is Oblivion installed in your Program Files folder? If so I bet that is what is going on. Windows Vista and 7 will not allow you to add, remove, or edit files in the Program Files folder. Microsoft thinks we are all too stupid to be able to do that. When you try to do it, it creates another copy of not only the file you are copying, but everything else in the folder it is going to in another place on the drive. Which of course does not work because it is not where the game really is.

The solution is to never install anything in the Program Files folder. That and disable UAC. If you have Windows 7, you will also have to take ownership of the folder, and make sure your account has administrator privileges. To make sure you have ownership, right click on the folder, go to properties -> security tab. Select what user group you belong to, and make sure everything is checked under Allow.
King Coin
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 4 2011, 11:45 PM) *

That sounds like it might be a Virtual Store issue. Is Oblivion installed in your Program Files folder? If so I bet that is what is going on. Windows Vista and 7 will not allow you to add, remove, or edit files in the Program Files folder. Microsoft thinks we are all too stupid to be able to do that. When you try to do it, it creates another copy of not only the file you are copying, but everything else in the folder it is going to in another place on the drive. Which of course does not work because it is not where the game really is.

The solution is to never install anything in the Program Files folder. That and disable UAC. If you have Windows 7, you will also have to take ownership of the folder, and make sure your account has administrator privileges. To make sure you have ownership, right click on the folder, go to properties -> security tab. Select what user group you belong to, and make sure everything is checked under Allow.

I've got Oblivion installed to C:\Users\Dan\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion.

I've gone through all that. UAC and User groups privileges. None of it works. I've given up on it. Thanks for the help though. All of that should work, but it doesn't.
SubRosa
Try installing it in a folder right off the root of your C: drive, rather than your User folder. I have a sneaking suspicion that is involved in the issue.
SubRosa
Grits: This big brawls are tough. Artemisia is built for stealth, and slowly taking her time. All that goes out the window in these huge melees. It is all I can do to keep from shooting my own people. I cannot count how many friendly arrows Artemisia has dug out of her back. Like I said to Acadian before, Artemisia went into this unprepared. Without a magic weapon these battles are long-drawn out messes.

Acadian: It is funny that you mention it, because I have trouble telling which one is Artemisia's summoned dremora, and which are the bad guys. That new poison shader really does make it a lot easier to tell when your poison is working.

King Coin: Artemisia takes everything, so she can sell it. Also so she can practice her armorer skill on it all. Even if I am going to drop it again, I still pick things up just for the latter.

By now she has put together a good nest egg. She needs to buy a house. I do not know where yet though. She likes it down in Leyawiin, because of all the rain. Likewise with Bruma with the snow. So maybe one of those two places.

The finale of Kvatch
liliandra nadiar
So is Arte taking care of the Legionnaire out of self preservation? Though it looked like she was becoming aware of the effects of the Gates and what they could do at the end there.
Acadian
Argh, the Battle for Kvatch is such a frantic, confusing and frustrating goat rope, is it not?

Nice to see Artemisia pause by the bodies of the fallen soldiers.

House hunting? I like Leyawiin too. The ferns and weeping trees and Topal Bay are beautiful. And since Artemisia doesn't have green skin or a tail, she won't get picked on by the local nobles. wink.gif
King Coin
Mantius’ over eager charge almost got him shot!
I liked seeing her heal up the legionnaire.

Inside: atronachs everywhere! I would hate using absorb health all the time. Just watching Artemisia
stand there and block while waiting for her magic was not something I’d want to do. I did like it when she killed the atronach with the spell though.

I’m surprised two soldiers survived! With all those atronachs I figured they’d all be killed.
Grits
Nice to see Merandil and the Legion archer still on their feet at the end. I also liked that Artemisia took a moment with the fallen, and looked around as she left. That was a great way to end the Kvatch series.
SubRosa
liliandra nadiar: I have learned a long time ago that the only way to keep followers alive is by healing them all up to full after every battle. Even doing that, most of them died. The fights went on too long, because Artemisia lacked a magic weapon to take down the Daedra quickly. Other characters of mine have gone through the retaking of Kvatch without losing a single guard or legionary. Like Medea.

Acadian: Artemisia could not fail to notice the sacrifice made by all the soldiers at Kvatch. It is forcing her to rethink her ideas about those who serve governments.

I settled on Frostcrag Spire, as it will give me a chance to try out the Frostcrag Reborn and Frostcrag Village mods.

King Coin: I just missed putting an arrow in Matius' back by a hair. Followers in Oblivion always charge in like that. It drives me crazy. The Absorb is working out alright. Now that Artemisia has raised her Restoration skill, and got some more magicka from a sigil stone, she can hang in with an Atronach or Clannfear and take them out with just Absorbing alone. And usually come out without a scratch.

Grits: At least two of them survived! You asked in King Coin's topic about Artemisia's new bow. She did get a new one after Kvatch: Hatred's Soul. I had a video made for how she got it, but it was just too dark.

No videos this time. I am writing the next chapter of the TF, and just do not have the time. But I do have a few pics:

This is what happens when you force clear weather in Oblivion. It looks almost peaceful.

Artemisia has a new pet.
liliandra nadiar
Dressed like she was, I'm surprised the guard following Medea didn't walk into walls, let alone keep them selves alive. tongue.gif

Clear night skies in Oblivion does look pretty.

Watch out Artemisia, your pet's broken three houses so far. tongue.gif
King Coin
It actually occurred to me to change the weather in Oblivion to see what it is like, but since Aravi isn't the Champion of Cyrodiil, I never got to try it out. Very neat looking with the stars and the lava. Now if only there weren't corpses all over the place, it might actually be nice.

New pet? I bet he/she/it smells bad.
Acadian
Those clannfear are so loyal and cuddly!

What a neat idea to import a clear night sky into the Deadlands!
SubRosa
liliandra nadiar: Medea was a nature girl. She always wore the vanilla hunter's garb when out adventuring. She had some nice city clothes too though.

King Coin: I change the weather all the time when I am taking pictures, so I can get the best effect. With other characters I often got tired of raining all the time in Leyawiin too. Now that I am playing an Undine, Artemisia loves it when it rains. Or better yet, when it snows.

Acadian: Cuddly as a rattlesnake I would say! She has been playing with a Daedroth lately, and so far, I'd have to say that clannfear seems more effective. The Daedroth seems to like to stand around an preen a bit. Where the clannfear just homes right in like a missile.

Since everyone is posting pictures of a new game, I thought I would do the same.

Or not.

Artemisia is relaxing in her new Bruma home, which she forced me to heavily mod until it was up to her standards.

She's taking advantage of having a place of her own to lie back and read some fashion magazines. Hmm, where did that cat come from?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.