Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Because Every Rose Has Its Video
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Art
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57
SubRosa
Acadian: I don't often get to look into Loviatar's eye, given the hair and mask that covers most of her face. So it is nice to see those close-ups.

Loviatar hangs out in Primm

Loviatar is looking for a holster...

She is the Scorpion Queen

A nice relaxing swim in the toxic waste

But she's a nice cannibal...
Acadian
Hanging out in Primm is funny with that woman strolling along the bartop. Fabulous ‘face on’ shot of Lovie though.

Holster? Can’t she just unsummon her. . . oh, nevermind.

Scorpion Queen? Wha? Did she eat the Rock? laugh.gif

Aww, she looks so at home in those poisonous waters.

So how many corpses does she have to eat to earn a ‘bad girl’ rating? tongue.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: If Loviatar ate The Rock, I think she'd need to go on a diet afterward! laugh.gif

Loviatar is trying to be evil, but the game just won't let her! I guess she needs to find some books to steal...

Forgot this bunch of pics from the last time.

Welcome to Nipton

Look who won the lottery!

What do we have here, shishkebobs?

Loviatar lets the Legion go

Loviatar has a new gun, and a new companion

Enjoying the nice fresh irradiated air of Camp Searchlight

Searchlight shootout

Up close

Bad day to be Radsuit Guy

There is only one Scorpion Queen

So tell me about your gang

Paladin

Acadian: Loviatar is the Proton Chef.

And the Legion is even led by General Tullius! laugh.gif

So far Loviatar has eaten all contenders to become the Queen Scorpion. biggrin.gif

I think you get more good karma for killing certain villains such as the Powder Gangers and feral ghouls than you lose when you eat them. So Loviatar is bound to become a paragon of virtue!

Harnessing the power of the sun

It is very convenient when dinner glows in the dark

Loviatar is a rocket man

Eclipse

Someone has their eye on Loviatar

Welcome to the Big Empty
Acadian
I got a chance to see that other set of shots on the FO screenshot thread. smile.gif

With all that foe-eating, how does Loviatar maintain her girlish figure?

Harnessing the power of the sun – Wow, I didn’t realize the Dwemer had built stuff out in the desert!

Aww, dinner by glowlight. How romantic!

Do all those little rockets serve the same purpose that horker tusks do in GritsFiction?

Some very cool lights and stuff going on in Eclipse!

Aww, watchin’ the drive in show with her hoverpal.

Big Empty is a neat shot with all that smoke, fire and lights.

SubRosa
Acadian: Lovie has an intense cardio regime to burn off all those calories. wink.gif

It looks like the Dwemer sure got around, before they vanished without a trace that is... laugh.gif

I hadn't thought of horker tusks! But those rockets would certainly help with... blasting off! biggrin.gif They even have a radioactive isotope in the liquid within them, that makes them glow.

Halo Reach

Lobotomites make good eating

I think someone might be behind this door...

Lost his head

Crispy critter

Taking a bath

Saint Loviatar

Here is one for the Bloody Noble
Acadian
Halo Reach really pegs the ‘Oh Wow!’ meter! What a magnificent shot. The light from her eyes, halo of the sun, all of it. Wow!

Great shots, as Lovie beheads, roasts and eats her way through the badlands.

The ‘foe stuck in the door/rock/wall’ was probably intentional to remind you that you are indeed playing a bonafide Bethesda game. wink.gif

I love the incongruity of the lovely (without her borg gear on) Loviatar bathing in green. . . stuff.

Looks like her Pip Girl thingie believes she’s eating her way to sainthood.

Loviatar and Bloody Noble? That’s a scary thought. . . although, it does conjure cute images of him cutting her food into bites for her. tongue.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: Halo was one of those occasions where I suddenly though, hey this would be a great place for a screenshot. Then I noticed the setting sun and lined things up to put it around her head.

Loviatar will be the Saint of Fried T-Bones...

Loviatar has a new outfit

This Antenna would make a good club

Strange Transmissions

This is definitely not Tranquility Lane

Loviatar is on top of things
Acadian
Nice new outfit! What are the nipple plugs for?

Tranquility lane – Eeep! What are all those horrible creatures growing up from the ground converting my nice carbon into horridly poisonous oxegen?!?

Oh my. I hope she doesn’t get carried away by that jumbo horker tusk! tongue.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: Those are twin sensor arrays on the chest piece of her armor... wink.gif At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. laugh.gif

Normally Loviatar likes seeing some greenery in the Wasteland. Especially when it oozes from barrels with hazmat markings on them... wink.gif

Those horker tusks would make for some explosive... *ahem*s! ohmy.gif

Looks like the Bloody Noble was here...

Heigh Ho, heigh ho, heigh ho.

Supa Fly

A little shop of horrors

Now where is Gojira?

Showdown in the Forbidden Zone

Giant Robo Scoripion Sting

But Loviatar has Plasma Grenades

Plasma Scorpion
Acadian
The FO skellies wear space suits! Who knew?

Loviatar and the six dwarves in a red soul gem mine!

Kewl green lights as she takes on that chaurus hunter.

Wow, even the plants are trying to kill her!

Just a nice little suburban neighborhood.

Great action shots vs roboscorpion.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 27 2016, 02:26 PM) *

Lopov: The Hobo must have gotten an eyeful of Holland's globe and anchor! laugh.gif

Acadian: I actually decided to create a Commie Killer perk for Holland to take. I just have to test it out to see if it works or not (it will do extra damage against all Asian characters).

Warrant Officer Smith was using a Stealth Boy in that sneaky pic. She doesn't have a Stealth Suit. That's Chinese! nono.gif

Renee: I never intended it, but I have always thought Hecate looks similar to Megan Fox.

Getting ahead in the world

Every Marine is a rifleman

Walking the DC streets

Holland teamed up with an Army remnant.

Shooting it out with Muties

Judge me by my size do you?

As well you should not!

Holland takes some well-deserved R&R

Wow, I didn't realize I was this far behind! I am so sorry!

Holland (?) is very pretty - I haven't seen her before, have I?

Your Fallout 3 looks more vibrant than mine, more colorful!

I had trouble picking a favorite here, but I think it has to go to the Mutie with the fire blowing up behind him - What a shot !!!!! That one could be a postcard !!!

And relaxing with 3Dog is fantastic too, but these were all really great! Loved seeing her working with the Brotherhood too; I don't think I've got a single shot of the BoS working beside Misa or Maxical! It was kind of inspiring to me to get one made, they most def look good on film!

Awesome update!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 29 2016, 07:01 PM) *

Acadian: I had forgotten about the Marine Barracks in DC. Holland was probably there at least once in her time. I looked it up on Google Maps, and near as I can tell, it is in an area that is inaccessible in the game. sad.gif

She was definitely showing the Army how to do things right!

Now that I have played her a bit, I have done some conjugating on Holland's background. She was born in 2050 in Denver, Colorado. When she was two years old the New Plague/Blue Flu occurred and killed her parents. She was sent to an orphanage, and grew up bad. When she was a teen she was committing cyber-crimes and blackmail. Finally she was arrested by the FBI when she was 21 (in 2071) and given the choice of prison or the military. China had invaded Alaska when she was 16 (in 2066), so they needed every one they could get.

It was an easy decision for Holland - steel bars or shooting people. Since they gave her a choice, she went into the Marine Corps, because she wanted to be the best. She soon learned that prison would have been a lot easier. But hard as the Corps was, it gave her a sense of purpose and belonging that she had never felt before. Given her skill with computers, she was put into Signals Intelligence/Electronic Warfare.

Her first deployment was just a year later, in 2072. She was sent to annex Canada. In 2074 Holland and the Corps hit the beaches of the Yangtze River and took Shanghai. A year later her first term of enlistment was up. She could not imagine going back to life as a civilian, so she reenlisted for another six years, and was promoted to Warrant Officer. It was during a major Chinese counterattack on the Marine positions in the winter of 2076/77 that she was taken by the aliens. One moment she was in her battalion HQ working on cracking Chinese encrypted communications, then the next the room turned bright white. She woke up in Mothership Zeta.

Holland is ahead of the muties

Monumental firefight

Time to put that signals and electronic warfare training to use

Been there, done that

Holland picked up a classic Model 1911 Colt

She uses it for the smaller critters

Its good for getting ahead of raiders as well

Ooh, nice background story on Holland! Really exciting that she was a survivor of MZ, now does that mean you did MZ first or that she will return to it some day?

In the last shot it looks like the BoS is coming back to shoot Holland, and the raider right beside him! Holland is a crack shot to behead that raider and miss the BoS guy!!!

I always love clearing that trench area and mutie bunkers in DC, really don't even know why - it is just always a fun fight.

My favorite shot here is the top of the Washington Monument; what a great pose!

Awesome Shots !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 31 2016, 06:31 PM) *

haute ecole rider: One of these days I have been planning to play a pistoleero character, and I have been saving the Colt .45 for that. Maybe Thomasina Magnum, PI. wink.gif

Acadian: It often takes a little while for a character's background and attitudes to come together for me. Holland's are finally starting to really gel.

I hear they are going to be getting rid of that 9mm and going to a new handgun. Hopefully back to a .45.

Hey, you look familiar

Did you come from Greyditch?

Holland enjoys a home-cooked meal at Karen Schenzny's place in Arefu

Dogmeat gets some exercise

Welcome to Big Town

Now get out!

Holland warned them

Holland is way ahead of the muties

Oh no, where is the little boy? I've never seen a man start the Greyditch quest before!

Hey wait, wasn't Holland dark haired a few posts back? Well, if so - love the blonde look better!!!! WOO HOO !!!

Wow, nice looking Dogmeat! Is that a friendly raider?

Woo Hoo, the showdown at Big Town!

Holy Cow, they bridged the bridge? That is too close for comfort!

Urk! Okay, that last shot was an appetite killer, laugh.gif

Great shots !!!!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 2 2016, 07:19 PM) *

Acadian: I'm not sure what would be worse, Post-Apoclayptic food or MREs!

Even back when I was creating Holland, I knew that you would approve of her hair color! laugh.gif

That battle at Big Town can be tough, in spite of the narrow bridge leading into the town. The mutants like to throw grenades, and the Big Towners all love to crowd around the end of the bridge. It is difficult to get through that fight without one or two of them ending up in pieces.

Holland meets a Glowing One

She introduces it to her little friend

Burning One

Even after that, Holland needs her M-16 to finish the job

Holland knows a place to get these Buttercups cheap...

Nukalurk!

Blue Planet

Too close for comfort

"Buddy, I am going to shoot you in the face!"

Holland has mastered human-cyborg relations

Okay, my favorite shot of these is the "Say Hello to my Little Friend" one! That is AWESOME! How in the world did you get that close-up when you had to be so far away to shoot that missile! Amazing shot!!!

I can't believe that didn't kill him, holy cow!

MMMMMMM! Nukalurk meat is really good, I wish it wasn't so limited! I made a mod of meals for Fallout 3; one of them is Nukalurk cakes - a plate of them that can sit out on a counter, etc. The plate is a container, and the nukalurk meat inside respawns to give the player a supply of 3 whenever the game resets.

It is so hard to shoot the Nukalurk/Mirelurks in that tiny spot on their face, I remember the first time I played getting killed by every Mirelurk I came across at first, lol.

Milo!!! He scared the heck out of me about every time I've played when I hit that corner and he comes straight for me so quickly. He got shot a couple times, I ended up having to reload to keep him alive, lol.

It isn't listed as one of the FO3 Easter Eggs, but I think he most def is a play on Milos Forman the director who directed Valmont (among other really great films).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C5%A1_Forman

Great shots !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 6 2016, 11:55 PM) *

HaHa, the Bobblehead is aiming at Holland!

Oh, is that Mama Dolces? What a great dungeon crawl that is!

Great shots !!!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 8 2016, 05:06 PM) *

Acadian: Those are ghoul commies, so they are not the prettiest. Granted, the normal Reds are not much to look at either, being communist after all! laugh.gif

I love the billboards in this game. They give a wonderful peek into what Pre-War American culture was like.

mALX: I had a lot of trouble getting Hecate's face right in New Vegas this time around. I was getting these weird shadows above all my character's lips. It looked like a mustache, but wasn't. I have no idea what was causing it. In the end I had to create her almost half a dozen times, and went through several face mods before I found one that would get rid of it.

I think that is my first time seeing that duck in case of gunfire sign outside the prison. Though I could be wrong. It is good advice for people in range of Hecate's rifle!

I am using Fellout - Brighter Nights with both FONV and FO3. I tweaked both a lot to get them looking how I like it. I also have a night sky mod in FONV - Mojave Nights. It adds new stars and new HD moon textures.

I think you are seeing Loviatar's breathmask on her face. She cannot breathe pure air anymore, only toxic or radioactive air.

I think that was a car blowing up in the Tenderizing pic. Or it might have been a bottlecap mine. She set out a few of them while invisible, before the shooting started.

That was a giant radscorpion in the wildlife pic. It is hard to see because it blends in the background.

That is Drowned Devil Crossing! Loviatar stopped for a refreshing dip in the radiation. wink.gif

I cannot remember what the AntAgonizer said. I think it was just a generic greeting. It was really neat meeting her though. That is the first time one of my characters has ever met either her of the Mechanist after doing the Canterbury Commons quest.

It did take a looong time to get those bottles set up to spell HOBO. But it was a moral imperative. laugh.gif

The game wouldn't let Hecate do anything with the crucified Power Gangers. It just says that cutting them down would kill them. In the end she just shot them all in the head to put them out of their misery.

Hecate took sneak as one of her Tag skills. She had a grenade launcher in those last two pics. That got the Legion's attention!

Always Faithful

A toast to the Commander In Chief

A Marine doing what a Marine does best

A close up

Holland has been encountering Feral Reavers lately

They take a lot of killing to put down (they have twice as much health as a Deathclaw!) ohmy.gif

The Burnmaster

On your responses to my questions - I so love the background story for Hecate; and the way that you accomodate the backstory into your gameplay! I knew I had seen her in the breathing mask in several shots, but didn't connect it to her not being able to breathe clean air (even though I knew radiation didn't poison/effect her) .

BWAAHAA, on setting up those bottles - I pictured it being an excruciating task, but once you start something like that it is really hard not to finish it, lol.

To this day I have never met the characters from that AntAgonizer quest after it was over. It would be so nice to see her being friendly!

Yeah, now that is what happened to me too; unable to interact with the men on the crosses to release them. I wonder, did the game consider it a murder to kill the men on the crucifixes? Did you lose Karma or no change?

That is such a hard position to find yourself in, I mean - even though if you released them they would probably try to kill you if you have any animosity with the Powder Gangers; I still hated leaving them up there. But the thought of shooting them never occurred to me, to be honest. I just felt helpless and sad - wished we could have given them a pure water, you know?

That closeup is spectacular! And this is the second time I've noticed this = do you have a mod that changes the icon for injured enemies? It looks like a svelte woman instead of an Oriental voodoo doll!

Oh, I hate the reavers!

Oooh, the Burnmaster! I wondered where you were! (Now I know).

Awesome shots, especially that closeup! That is my favorite !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 11 2016, 10:58 PM) *

Acadian: Playing Holland gives a greater poignancy to places like Arlington, of a kind I only normally feel when playing Persephone (who generally feels more strongly for the dead than the living).

If a Marine can be counted on to do anything, it is to blow stuff up! laugh.gif

I suppose the nearest equivalent to a Feral Ghoul Reaver might be a Draugr Deathlord. The Reavers don't shout, but they do irradiate you, and they are among the most powerful enemies in the game.

That was The Burnmaster, a unique flamethrower. It is tucked away in an easy to miss level. Holland actually had to do some backtracking to find the area, because I missed it the first time through, even though I knew it was there!

Holland steps up to the Anchorage Simulation Pod

Holland Smith walks the (simulated) earth of Alaska

She has a surprise for Chairman Mao

The last thing this Red saw was the 10mm bullet exiting his skull

Holland has a partner from the Army. Hopefully he can keep up.

Oh, this is one of my (if not the) favorite of the DLC for me - Anchorage! Love that DLC !!!

Mao, BWAAHAA!

Holy Crap, is the bullet that big? Oh wait, or is that a hunk of his head?

Does Holland go for the Intel?

Great shots !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 14 2016, 04:55 PM) *

Acadian: Holland's helmet is part of her head! laugh.gif It helps keep her ears on. wink.gif

Holland would rather have a Marine Corps K9 unit! The Army guy's name is Benji though, so that is halfway there...

mALX: It only took you a year and a half to start the PC version of NV! laugh.gif I don't blame you, I like FO3 better as well.

It sounds like maybe you should try Mothership Zeta again. But make sure you do it with an energy weapon character, since there isn't much ammo for anything else.

I restarted Holland from where she began Operation Anchorage

Posing for a statue

I finally figured out that the planes you see over Anchorage are Chinese

Red skies

Holland is back home in Megaton with her trophies (everything is a rare or unique item)

OMG, I have three favorite shots in this one, and can't pick one over the others!

First off, the "Restart" - what a shot !!! You caught that just perfectly! I have never seen anywhere a picture of the simulation starting!

Then - not in the favorites, but had to say this - all the times I've seen that photographer take that shot, I never realized the guys were posing like the statue at the Anchorage Memorial !!! That is Awesome !!! Like you were there when that moment in history was recorded !!!

Now the next two shots are vieing for favorite with the first shot = How in the world did you get that shot????? I've never seen those planes up close, was afraid to shoot them in case they were BoS or something! That is amazing to have that shot !!!! Did you toggle clipping and fly up there? And how did you know when to do it? Do they fly continuously or did you have to time it just right? AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I also love the teddies on the bed, I don't think I've ever gotten that many! (But that is where I keep mine too).

AWESOME SHOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SubRosa
Acadian: Those skeletons in space suits are supposed to be in Trauma Harnesses. I think the devs never had time to create a new mesh for the Harnesses, so they just used the space suit. The Trauma Harnesses are robots created to be worn as armor, and if their user was wounded they would take over walk back to safety - even if the soldiers were incapacitated. Basically they are automated ambulances in the form of a suit. But they didn't work out quite right, and they immediately took over control of the people wearing them, and went on killing sprees. Their wearers eventually died of thirst and starvation, and they still walk around with the skeletons inside them.

There was actually a seventh dwarf miner in that spot with the quartz. I thought I had them all in the picture, but I see I missed one... sad.gif

In the Fallout world, everything in the Wasteland is trying to kill you! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

mALX: Holland is new. I just created her a few months ago to try out an assault rifle based character in FO3. I started her out in MZ. Well, after doing the normal tutorial start in the Vault. After she stepped out of the Vault 101 I pretended that was all just a dream. I used the coc command to teleport her to the alien crash site to immediately start Mothership Zeta. That way it kept with the RP of her being abducted during the war in China.

I use Fellout to remove the green tint in FO3, that is why my game has more color. I also heavily modded it from the original. Let me know if you would like it, and I will put my modded version on Dropbox.

I love those trenches in the Mall in the middle of DC as well. Its loads of fun slugging it out with the muties in those trenches and bunkers.

That Wastelander talking about Greyditch didn't start the quest. He was just a random encounter that I came across. That was the first time that ever happened to me.

I do all my action shots by opening the console and using the TFC 1 command to freeze time. That lets me move around to find the right angle and distance to get the best picture.

That is Loviatar who wears the breath mask and is a cannibal, not Hecate. They both wear black, so I can see where you could get confused. But I assure you, Hecate is a really nice person! Loviatar of course, is not. devilsmile.gif

They crucified people at Nipton are all Powder Gangers, and if you kill them you actually get positive karma. That is because all Powder Gangers are marked as evil, so you always get good karma for killing them. That is one reason that Loviatar has Very Good karma in Vegas, in spite of eating half the people in Nevada.

I use the Vault Girl mod to replace the Pip Boy with a Pip Girl. There is a New Vegas version, and the author is working on an FO4 one as well.

Holland did get all the Intel suitcases. Not that it mattered since she had already maxed out the skills it gives you a bonus to after finishing that quest. But it was still neat to get them all.

I think I got those pics of the Chinese planes over Anchorage by using TFC to get a free camera. I always thought they were American. They fly in regular patterns, you can see their contrails when you look up from the ground.

Periscope depth

Movie night

Alexander learns not to diss the Lady of Death and Disease

Loviatar eats the Powder Gangers in Vault 19

Relaxing in the toxic waste
Acadian
Loviatar + periscope = Very neat, and her little robopal was a nice touch.

A movie and a couple bottles of booze! Is the stuff toxic enough that Lovie can drink it?

Ouch, Alexander learned the hard way. Whereas Persephone is known for being disarming, those encountering Loviatar tend to lose their heads over her.

Yum! Powder Puff Snacks!

Toxic waste – the green mushrooms are a great touch!
SubRosa
Acadian: Thankfully ED-E (her robo pal) is waterproof! biggrin.gif

Those are whiskey bottles, so they are probably toxic enough for Loviatar's delicate digestive system to tolerate... laugh.gif

Those Powder Puffs sure pile on the carbs though! Loviatar will have to hit the gym for a week to work them off!

You probably recognize the Wisp Stalk Caps. They are one of the few things that made the transition from Oblivion to Fallout 3/New Vegas. Though you cannot pick them for ingredients like you can in Oblivion.

Loviatar has been making a lot of long-range sniper kills lately, which got me in the mood to play someone who likes more... palatable food

Hecate also packs a Colt 1911 for close encounters

He got a little too much sass in his parilla...

Hecate takes aim

One shot...

...One kill

The 5.56 Express, coming through!

No stops on this train
Acadian
Yay, welcome back to Hecate! I love all your characters – after all, they all sport ponytails!

Oh, I love it when you talk sniper! You’re making Buffy’s heart speed up.

Gosh, just like Loviatar, all the guys seem to lose their head around Hecate.
SubRosa
Acadian: Those ponytail hairstyles are some of my favorites! I wish I had more of them to choose from.

Come to Fallout Buffy... We have sniper rifles... Come to Fallout... devilsmile.gif

Playing around

Last sight

Having a drink

Let's trade

Things fall apart...

Hecate has learned to befriend the animals

...but not the Deathclaws!

Deadclaw (it only took 2 frag mines, 14 powder charges, and about 6 bullets)
Acadian
Playing around is a beautiful shot. It makes me wonder about Hecate’s childhood and what she is remembering in that empty playground.

Looking down her barrel is definitely not the last sight one wants to see!

Having a drink – or ‘What’s a nice girl like you doing in a joint like this?’ tongue.gif

Are there desert trading caravans?

Love her pose, standing under the graffitic warning.

Aww, the call of the coyote choir. This says a lot about Hecate – all good. happy.gif

Urp. You know what they say about deathclaws. . . 22 shots, one kill. ohmy.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: Hecate grew up in Vault 101. So there were no playgrounds for her. Just metal rooms and steel corridors. She never even saw the sun until she escaped from the vault when she was 18.

There are lots of traveling traders in New Vegas. But it was Fallout 3 that first introduced them in a Bethesda game. In FO3 there were only 4 of them in the entire game world. But they were all unique, with different names, voices, inventories, etc... There are a lot more than that in New Vegas, but they are all generic in every way.

Hecate is going to heat thing up

Roast Scorpion Queen

Sunny has never seen a woman this well dressed

A caravan makes its way down the road...

...unaware of the Legionaries waiting to ambush them...

...who were unaware that they were in Hecate's sights

Mojave sunset

Taking aim

The brahmin will no longer scream in this Nightkin's head
Acadian
A great collection of Hecate’s travels and adventures in the desert. The Scorpion Queen makes for an impressive bbq. Looks like Sunny believes Hecate is stylin’ – I agree. While taking aim is an ultra cool shot, I absolutely love Mojave sunset - Girl, gun, cacti, desert, sunset *sigh* - just doesn’t get much better than that. happy.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: I recall some good sunset pics of Hecate in the Capital Wasteland, so I had to stop and take advantage of the twilight hours when I saw the chance for that sunset pic. I am sure you see plenty of sunsets, desert, and cacti out in New Vegas yourself...

Hold Up

You know how this ends

Now Hecate has a sword

These ghouls are out of this world

Taking a well-deserved break

Super Tuesday

Walk into the light

Acadian
Hold Up – As ever, I love those old billboards!

How this ends – Eeep! I’m imagining what Hecate must see in sight at that range! ohmy.gif

Sword? Sacrilege!

Spaaaaace Ghoooost. . . remember that old cartoon show? tongue.gif

Nuka break is a great shot of Hecate relaxing

Tuesday – I love how she’s showing the election blather what she thinks of it. laugh.gif

Into the light – Wow, you took a subway tunnel and turned it into a mysteriously evocative scene! Beautiful.

SubRosa
Acadian: Hecate is probably lamenting the sad state of Wasteland dental care in that pic with the ghoul! ohmy.gif

Hecate won't be using the bumper sword of course. She prefers to kill her enemies from at least a hundred yards away. But it will go in her collection of strange and unique weapons.

If you look close at those election signs, you will note that they are not about getting votes, but rather not getting votes! That was an interesting Vault.

I have always wanted to get a pic in that into the light tunnel. This was the first time I got one that came out looking good.

Looks like SX4 could get a good charge here

The power of the Sun God

Big gun

Perched

Hecate puts her space suit to good use in irradiated Searchlight

Taking a break

Another Scorpion Queen

The Sengoku Jidai Wasteland?
Acadian
Oooh, robocharging stations. I see why you thought of SX4.

Sun god? Phhft, I thought the wastelands had enough radiation to make everything glow for centuries?

Woot! A big gurl gun! wub.gif

Perched. . . someone’s been taking perchyposing lessons from Loviatar. wink.gif

Bubblehead vs Radscorpions! Hey! What’d that silly bubble suit do to Hecate’s beautiful ponytail!?!

Ginsu Jedis? What is that all about? ohmy.gif
SubRosa
Acadian: It turns out the radiation from nuclear weapons does not really last very long. Though other sources like power plants create much longer lasting radiation. So there are only a few places that still glow in the dark in the Fallout games.

Hecate finally upgraded to her M110 Sniper System. It is quite satisfying. smile.gif

If I zoomed in too close with that space suit bubblehead it made all of Hecate's hair vanish! ohmy.gif So losing just the ponytail wasn't so bad after all.

Those Ginsu Jedis are a band of Samurai Heros from Shogun 2 - Gozen's Hime Heros

One of my Kobaya - the smallest ship in the Samurai arsenal

A medium Bune (which is technically a Seki-Bune) probably the workhorse of a Japanese fleet

A trading ship

My Seki Bune grapples a Wako (pirate) trading ship

Now this is stirring speech! laugh.gif

Banzai!

My Katana Samurai (in green) battle Otomo clan Yari Ashigaru (peasant spearmen)

Slaughtering an Otomo general

Scaling the walls of a fortress
Acadian
Cool pix!

I especially like the 'My Katana Samauri (in green)....' shot. The pitched battle in a field of wildflowers is so incongruously beautiful. The icing on the cake is the horse near the left side of the pic that is so wisely running away! tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 19 2016, 11:40 PM) *

Acadian: In the case of the Anchorage Memorial statue, Bethesda actually did it in reverse. You find the statue and memorial in the vanilla game, then in the dlc you get to see (and experience) the event it was based on. I thought that was really neat.

The Chinese planes remind me of the old P-38 Lightnings, with those double tail booms.

Holland probably sleeps on the floor! Otherwise the bears might eat her. biggrin.gif

Guess who traveled out west?

A betrayer meets his fate

Open fire!

Dining out

Dining in

Can I come in?

So you think you're in charge here?

BWAAHAA! The west will never be the same! Is that the NCR Correctional Facility she is at in the last two screens? My favorite is the "Can I come in?" when the sign says what it does, lol. That nearly caused me to spray my chocolate milk, lol. Great shots, I can't wait to see the Mojave get shaken up, lol.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 21 2016, 01:10 PM) *

I originally had picked "He does NOT feel lucky" as my favorite, but as soon as I saw Loviatar washing her hair in the radioactive waste from those leaking barrels, I had to go with it as my absolute favorite - final answer! Loved seeing her face in that shot, very cool shot! I will say it again, I LOVE your roleplay with her !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 26 2016, 06:05 PM) *

Acadian: I don't often get to look into Loviatar's eye, given the hair and mask that covers most of her face. So it is nice to see those close-ups.

Loviatar hangs out in Primm

Loviatar is looking for a holster...

She is the Scorpion Queen

A nice relaxing swim in the toxic waste

But she's a nice cannibal...

Bwaa Haa, what is that lady doing standing on top of the counter? I LOVE the Pip Boy avatar being a girl in the karma page!

BTW, do you know what the Pip Boy Occurrence stats meant by "Miss Fortunate Incidences?" That really has me curious !!!

I get such a kick out of her having good karma after cannibalizing over 90 people, rollinglaugh.gif

Now, you know which my favorite is, laugh.gif Always love it when she takes her mask off in a highly radiated area, it is so fun that you have added that element into your RP with her!!! I've said it before, it would be Awesome fun to watch you play! I love watching my son because his skills in gameplay are stunning, but he does not roleplay at all when he plays. So it is all about the action. Your gameplay has all kinds of interesting things going on in the background that has such interesting purpose!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 1 2016, 01:18 PM) *

Acadian: If Loviatar ate The Rock, I think she'd need to go on a diet afterward! laugh.gif

Loviatar is trying to be evil, but the game just won't let her! I guess she needs to find some books to steal...

Forgot this bunch of pics from the last time.

Welcome to Nipton

Look who won the lottery!

What do we have here, shishkebobs?

Loviatar lets the Legion go

Loviatar has a new gun, and a new companion

Enjoying the nice fresh irradiated air of Camp Searchlight

Searchlight shootout

Up close

Bad day to be Radsuit Guy

There is only one Scorpion Queen

Paladin

Acadian: Loviatar is the Proton Chef.

And the Legion is even led by General Tullius! laugh.gif

So far Loviatar has eaten all contenders to become the Queen Scorpion. biggrin.gif

I think you get more good karma for killing certain villains such as the Powder Gangers and feral ghouls than you lose when you eat them. So Loviatar is bound to become a paragon of virtue!

Harnessing the power of the sun

It is very convenient when dinner glows in the dark

Loviatar is a rocket man

Eclipse

Someone has their eye on Loviatar

Welcome to the Big Empty

The first set of screens above - I can't pick a favorite among them because there are so many of them with her breathing mask off and Loviatar is stunningly gorgeous - how in the world did you manage getting her so beautiful? She looks amazing, and I've had a lot of trouble making a good looking character in New Vegas; even using the beauty mods (that I think you recommended to me).

The second set - Omg, can you eat ghouls? Urk, I see some stomach aches in Loviatar's future, lol.

I ran across the Eclipse thing, and the quest wouldn't start - never have done that one yet; so wondered what happens! I'll have to Google it, lol.

The Big Empty - I have seen this view before, so I do know it. Just can't remember where it was. But that is a great shot!

Really great update!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 3 2016, 12:35 AM) *

Acadian: Lovie has an intense cardio regime to burn off all those calories. wink.gif

It looks like the Dwemer sure got around, before they vanished without a trace that is... laugh.gif

I hadn't thought of horker tusks! But those rockets would certainly help with... blasting off! biggrin.gif They even have a radioactive isotope in the liquid within them, that makes them glow.

Halo Reach

Lobotomites make good eating

I think someone might be behind this door...

Lost his head

Crispy critter

Taking a bath

Saint Loviatar

Here is one for the Bloody Noble

When I saw the Halo in her first screen here, I was going to tease about her becoming a saint, lol. But I lost my opportunity to joke about it when she actually reached sainthood in her Karma, laugh.gif

Where is that space man from? And can Loviatar eat space men too? This is awesome! Is this one of the DLC? I haven't played any of them yet.

My favorite shot here is obviously "Taking a Bath" - what a gorgeous character she is! Fantastic shot !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 4 2016, 02:44 PM) *

Acadian: Halo was one of those occasions where I suddenly though, hey this would be a great place for a screenshot. Then I noticed the setting sun and lined things up to put it around her head.

Loviatar will be the Saint of Fried T-Bones...

Loviatar has a new outfit

This Antenna would make a good club

Strange Transmissions

This is definitely not Tranquility Lane

Loviatar is on top of things

GAAAAAH, where/how do you get a stealth suit in NV? And what facility is this? I'm sure I haven't seen it before! I'm dying to know about the Tranquility Lane area !!!! Awesome Shots !!!

SubRosa
Acadian: That was a smart horse! I would run away from all those blood-thristy head-hunters too

Shogun 2 is definitely the prettiest Total War game I have played so far. In the spring you see pink cherry blossom petals floating in the breeze, and even the pink cherry trees on the strategic map. It helps you get into the mind of a man who would write the following before going to his death:

“If only we might fall. Like cherry blossoms in the spring — So pure and radiant !”

mALX: That is the NCRF prison in those last two shots of Loviatar asking to come in. That is the first time I ever tried being friendly with the Powder Gangers and doing some of their quests. For a while...

I am pretty sure the Miss Fortunate Instances are the number of times Miss Fortune has shown up to help you, if you take the Miss Fortune perk.

See, it's not hard at all to be a good person, even for a cannibal!

I have trouble making good-looking characters in New Vegas as well. Their faces look different than in FO3. I always see this weird shape around their mouths, and without those mods I am now using everyone had a darker area on their upper lip, like a five o'clock shadow. I don't know what Obsidian did to the faces between FO3 and NV, but it was not good.

The Eclipse pic is part of Old World Blues, where you go to Big MT, or The Big Empty. wink.gif I know you have been there before. The Mk.II Stealth suit is in there, I forget which facility. It's not like a Chinese Stealth suit that turns you invisible though. But it does talk to you. Ah ha! It's in the X-13 Research Facility

Naval battle

This is a pretty place

Get ready to frighten those children

Storming the fortress

My No-Dachi swordsmen cut down the last of the defenders
Acadian
Thanks for sharing! I’m glad you’re enjoying Shogun 2. I have played a few what I would call real time or turn-based strategy games where you build up an economy so you can have a war machine so in the end there can be only one. While I have enjoyed them, I’ve gravitated to focusing on one protagonist instead of big armies and empires. As I said though, I’m so glad you’re having fun with this! smile.gif

Your pix are great and nicely showcase the game. Great action shots and you really show us the large scale involved on land or sea. I think the icing on the cake is the strong asian theme that is both captivating and exotic.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 6 2016, 09:55 PM) *

Acadian: Those are twin sensor arrays on the chest piece of her armor... wink.gif At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. laugh.gif

Normally Loviatar likes seeing some greenery in the Wasteland. Especially when it oozes from barrels with hazmat markings on them... wink.gif

Those horker tusks would make for some explosive... *ahem*s! ohmy.gif

Looks like the Bloody Noble was here...

Heigh Ho, heigh ho, heigh ho.

Supa Fly

A little shop of horrors

Now where is Gojira?

Showdown in the Forbidden Zone

Giant Robo Scoripion Sting

But Loviatar has Plasma Grenades

Plasma Scorpion

I've been watching a vid on this DLC, and never saw all those little houses! I'm dying to know what that is all about! I also never saw that giant roboscorpion, holy crap !!!! That thing was huge !!! The guy playing had to hit the small ones numerous times to kill them using the Sonic Emitter or the Dog gun either one, and I must have stopped watching before he ever reached this giant one, I never saw him fight it!

These are Awesome screens, and after seeing those vids I was kind of torn on whether the DLC sounded like it would be fun or not. Some of the extended robot talking set-up for the questline was getting a bit overplayed; I mean there is only just so many times you can laugh at the robot thinking his toes and fingers were numerous penises. But once he got into the actual delve it seemed much more interesting.

In the early part there was a room with an empty safe in it - I wondered if the Player could store stuff in there safely, since the guy playing couldn't go back out of the realm till he completed everything; and he played quite a bit of the time overencumbered and not able to pick up any loot.

I'm really enjoying these screens, and finally finding out what the deal is with that crashed satellite, lol.

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 10 2016, 07:56 PM) *

I really like that Vault Girl in your screens, am thinking of getting that mod now.

I didn't mean to say Hecate on that comment, didn't realize I had until you responded. Sorry about that, I do know the difference in their faces and hair; I must have had Hecate on my mind for a different reason and said her name by accident. Sorry about that.

My favorite screen here is "Movie Night," I am dying to know how you got something on your TV screen - or such a large screen !!!! Is that a mod? That is Awesome !!!!!

Last night I was trying to explain your Loviatar roleplay to my son, and he was really impressed; especially when I showed him how you had modded your game to accommodate your RP!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 12 2016, 08:32 PM) *

I was about to pick the Sass - parilla as my favorite shot, till I saw the 5.56 Express, rollinglaugh.gif Your titles are as entertaining as your shots !!!! Awesome update !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 14 2016, 07:05 PM) *

Acadian: Those ponytail hairstyles are some of my favorites! I wish I had more of them to choose from.

Come to Fallout Buffy... We have sniper rifles... Come to Fallout... devilsmile.gif

Playing around

Last sight

Having a drink

Let's trade

Things fall apart...

Hecate has learned to befriend the animals

...but not the Deathclaws!

Deadclaw (it only took 2 frag mines, 14 powder charges, and about 6 bullets)

Urgh, is that first shot a ghoul? Urk, that is gross!

Having a Drink is my favorite, in my favorite place in the Mojave too; the Outpost !!!

Befriending the animals is just plain AWESOME !!!!! I love that one !!!

Things falling apart - where is that? I don't remember seeing that ever!

Awesome update !!!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 18 2016, 09:28 PM) *

Acadian: Hecate grew up in Vault 101. So there were no playgrounds for her. Just metal rooms and steel corridors. She never even saw the sun until she escaped from the vault when she was 18.

There are lots of traveling traders in New Vegas. But it was Fallout 3 that first introduced them in a Bethesda game. In FO3 there were only 4 of them in the entire game world. But they were all unique, with different names, voices, inventories, etc... There are a lot more than that in New Vegas, but they are all generic in every way.

Hecate is going to heat thing up

Roast Scorpion Queen

Sunny has never seen a woman this well dressed

A caravan makes its way down the road...

...unaware of the Legionaries waiting to ambush them...

...who were unaware that they were in Hecate's sights

Mojave sunset

Taking aim

The brahmin will no longer scream in this Nightkin's head

Gotta love the roasting scorpion!

Sunny does look interested in that screen, how you caught that look on her is amazing !!!

I think the NCR sets you up to get on the bad side of the Legion with that caravan detail; I fell for it once and ended up having the Legion attack me the rest of the game (until Vulpes gave me a pardon on the steps of the Casino so I could meet with Caesar). After that I kind of avoided any missions till I was ready to rile Caesar's Legion = had some hit points amassed, lol.

Mojave sunset is amazing !!! Do you use a sky enhancement in Vegas like you do in FO3 or is that vanilla? Awesome shot !!!

The non-screaming Nightkin had me rolling due to your title. Those things give me the creeps !!!

Awesome Update !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 21 2016, 09:22 PM) *

Acadian: I recall some good sunset pics of Hecate in the Capital Wasteland, so I had to stop and take advantage of the twilight hours when I saw the chance for that sunset pic. I am sure you see plenty of sunsets, desert, and cacti out in New Vegas yourself...

Hold Up

You know how this ends

Now Hecate has a sword

These ghouls are out of this world

Taking a well-deserved break

Super Tuesday

Walk into the light

I could swear some of these shots were taken in FO3! They must have re-used some of the vault stuff, lol.

The last shot; was that in the base below the Vegas strip? (McCarron - spelling might be off) I don't remember seeing that corridor, but if I did see it then that is the only place I can think of that it may have been, lol.

(if not, don't tell me where it is, just use it in a "Where am I?"

Awesome shots !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 24 2016, 12:14 PM) *

Acadian: Hecate is probably lamenting the sad state of Wasteland dental care in that pic with the ghoul! ohmy.gif

Hecate won't be using the bumper sword of course. She prefers to kill her enemies from at least a hundred yards away. But it will go in her collection of strange and unique weapons.

If you look close at those election signs, you will note that they are not about getting votes, but rather not getting votes! That was an interesting Vault.

I have always wanted to get a pic in that into the light tunnel. This was the first time I got one that came out looking good.

Looks like SX4 could get a good charge here

The power of the Sun God

Big gun

Perched

Hecate puts her space suit to good use in irradiated Searchlight

Taking a break

Another Scorpion Queen

The Sengoku Jidai Wasteland?

I love that Helios One quest, that is straight up fun!

Perched had me laughing, how in the world did she get up there? laugh.gif

Loviatar will do well in Searchlight, but I never did - hate it there !!!

I'll bet you are going for an Axe in that "Another Scorpion Queen" screen !!!!!

Oooh, what is this? Is this the "Shogun" game I've seen you talking about on other threads? It looks Awesome !!!

This was an Awesome update !!!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 26 2016, 08:33 PM) *

Acadian: It turns out the radiation from nuclear weapons does not really last very long. Though other sources like power plants create much longer lasting radiation. So there are only a few places that still glow in the dark in the Fallout games.

Hecate finally upgraded to her M110 Sniper System. It is quite satisfying. smile.gif

If I zoomed in too close with that space suit bubblehead it made all of Hecate's hair vanish! ohmy.gif So losing just the ponytail wasn't so bad after all.

Those Ginsu Jedis are a band of Samurai Heros from Shogun 2 - Gozen's Hime Heros

One of my Kobaya - the smallest ship in the Samurai arsenal

A medium Bune (which is technically a Seki-Bune) probably the workhorse of a Japanese fleet

A trading ship

My Seki Bune grapples a Wako (pirate) trading ship

Now this is stirring speech! laugh.gif

Banzai!

My Katana Samurai (in green) battle Otomo clan Yari Ashigaru (peasant spearmen)

Slaughtering an Otomo general

Scaling the walls of a fortress

Holy Cow, this game looks cool !!! Is it kind of like the "Rome" game, but with ships? Really awesome! I love the wall scaling, and the Pirate ship was tied to your mid-sized boat? That is Awesome !!!

Looks like another fun game you have there, I like learning about different games by watching you play them!

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 29 2016, 09:53 AM) *

Acadian: That was a smart horse! I would run away from all those blood-thristy head-hunters too

Shogun 2 is definitely the prettiest Total War game I have played so far. In the spring you see pink cherry blossom petals floating in the breeze, and even the pink cherry trees on the strategic map. It helps you get into the mind of a man who would write the following before going to his death:

“If only we might fall. Like cherry blossoms in the spring — So pure and radiant !”

mALX: That is the NCRF prison in those last two shots of Loviatar asking to come in. That is the first time I ever tried being friendly with the Powder Gangers and doing some of their quests. For a while...

I am pretty sure the Miss Fortunate Instances are the number of times Miss Fortune has shown up to help you, if you take the Miss Fortune perk.

See, it's not hard at all to be a good person, even for a cannibal!

I have trouble making good-looking characters in New Vegas as well. Their faces look different than in FO3. I always see this weird shape around their mouths, and without those mods I am now using everyone had a darker area on their upper lip, like a five o'clock shadow. I don't know what Obsidian did to the faces between FO3 and NV, but it was not good.

The Eclipse pic is part of Old World Blues, where you go to Big MT, or The Big Empty. wink.gif I know you have been there before. The Mk.II Stealth suit is in there, I forget which facility. It's not like a Chinese Stealth suit that turns you invisible though. But it does talk to you. Ah ha! It's in the X-13 Research Facility

Naval battle

This is a pretty place

Get ready to frighten those children

Storming the fortress

My No-Dachi swordsmen cut down the last of the defenders

I have never yet been able to get very long in NV without ticking the Powder Gangers off somehow for whatever reason; I finally gave up and just started wiping them out in Goodsprings and be done with it; since I couldn't manage a neutral stance with them no matter how hard I tried. It was easier just to let them be the enemy they were dying to be, and they were a lot easier to kill than any of the other factions, lol.

So I'm dying to know how you made it to be on their good side !!! Did you have to side against Goodsprings? Or were you able to just leave without doing that quest?

Anyway, very cool that you were able to get on their good side, I never could! (I've had trouble with the Khan, too - and really wanted them to like me! )

That Miss Fortune must be a perk I've never taken, but I don't ever remember seeing it offered to me on the list !!!

Okay, well I have not done a single one of the DLC for NV yet, so that is why it didn't look familiar.

This game looks amazingly detailed in the combat! (and bloody as hell !!! )

I love how detailed the battle at sea screen is, this is amazing !!! I take it this game is conquering (like Rome was) ???

Awesome update !!!

SubRosa
Acadian: One of the things I like about Shogun 2 is the 16th century Japanese setting. It is a refreshing change to see a game - strategy or otherwise - set in that era.

mALX: I forgot about the little houses. They are in a weather experiment test area in Big MT. There is a little control room nearby with a switch that turns on rain and lightning.

The Giant Roboscorpion is at the end of the Big MT main quest. It is the final boss you have to square off against before facing Dr. Mobius.

I felt the same way about Dr. Klein, Borous, Dala, and the others. Obsidian made them so ridiculous that you cannot take them seriously. But when it comes to just exploring and gathering loot, Old World Blues is really cool. It has tons of cool places and stuff.

There is a safe storage in the player room (The Sink). I stored all my extra stuff in that safe. Then when I was done I made three or four trips back and forth to take it all to the Wasteland to sell it off.

That movie night is from a Vault. It is the one north of Helios one, between the dry lake with the ants and the 188 Trading Post.

Things Fall Apart is the highway under pass between the NCR Mojave Outpost and Nipton. It is where all the ants are that the Ranger in charge of Mojave Outpost sends you to kill.

I use Fellout for New Vegas, but I have modded it heavily from the original version. It took me a long time to get it how I like it. I still think Fallout 3 looks better though, even though I am using the same settings in both games.

The Walk Into The Light pic is from the same Vault where Loviatar was watching the movie. There is a surprise in that last room...

It was actually very easy to get up on top of the highway sin in the Perched pic. One side is collapsed, and you can walk right up!

The Sengoku Jidai pic is from Shogun 2. It is by the same company that made Rome Total War. I have a lot more of them now.

Loviatar got on the Powder Ganger's good side by just ignoring the Joe Cobb quest in Goodsprings. She went out and explored instead, and I found that all the Powder Gangers were friendly. She went into the prison and talked to the boss, and he started giving her quests. In the end you have to decide between them or the NCR though, and Loviatar decided that the Powder Gangers were the losing team. So she helped the NCR storm the prison, and then went back to Goodsprings and finished up that quest with Ringo and Joe Cobb by killing all the Powder Gangers.

I think Miss Fortune is basically the same as The Mysterious Stranger. It is available at the same level. 10th I think.

A nice country house

My army in Shikoku was attacked at a bridge

Up close...

...and personal

Crossing downstream
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 3 2016, 03:44 PM) *

The Walk Into The Light pic is from the same Vault where Loviatar was watching the movie. There is a surprise in that last room...

A nice country house

My army in Shikoku was attacked at a bridge

Up close...

...and personal

Crossing downstream

Ooh, now my curiosity has been peaked, I'll have to go find that vault! laugh.gif

That house is gorgeous, can you go inside buildings in this game?

That war is amazingly detailed, even the weapons look real! And that you can get into boats and your troops cross - that is just Awesome!

It did look kind of like that Rome game, but seems to have more detail (if I am remembering correctly) . It looks really great! I can't get over how you can command a whole army - I have trouble keeping one character alive in combat, lol.

Awesome shots !!!

It is nice to be caught up again!

Acadian
Wow, great actions shots! Curious that the larger castle force would sortie out to fight on a bridge - but to your advantage clearly.
SubRosa
mALX: You cannot go in any of the buildings in the TW games. In Rome Total War you would fight inside cities though, battling through the streets. Sometimes you would find estates out in the country that would fight near. That pic is the first I have seen farms in Shogun 2. It is pretty neat to see.

The boats in that one pic of crossing the river are just for show. You cannot get in them. If you notice, the water level is low there, so it is a ford you can just walk across. The enemy attacked me at that ford with all their cavalry. You can see the dead horses on the far left. After wiping them out I sent the infantry I had used to defend the ford across the river to attack the enemy from their rear.

To be honest, it is not easy commanding an entire army. The pause key helps a lot! But you can only watch one area at a time, and things can happen in other places without you having any idea. Like your general getting into a fight with hundreds of spearmen...

Acadian: The AI is not always the brightest in these games. Well, in any game. That said, this is the most challenging and difficult TW game I have ever played. The AI can crush you in this game if you are not careful, and don't plan your decisions out in advance.

The 300 Samurai have seen off the first amphibious invasion of Shimazu territory

The next turn reinforcements took care of the remnants of the invaders

in the east, my armies are poised to drive upon Kyoto

My ninja is busy murdering the Shogun's family
Acadian
Looks like General SubRosa is relentlessly sweeping across all of Japan! The game looks pretty fun - and challenging!
Acadian
Congratulations to Shogun SubRosa! Thanks for sharing your campaign with us along with your observations of Shogun II.

I remain impressed with the scale of the game and its setting.

'Facing the enemy general' is a fabulous shot. Not only does it have wub.gif horses and some up close action but, as you've done before with flowers, here it is the beautiful sun that provides the incongruity.

Last through the ages?!? By Azura, it looks like SubRosa City is still faring well after five centuries!
SubRosa
Acadian: ShogRosa sounds about right. I really loved what they did at the end of the victory video, the camera opens to the statue, and then zooms out to show the modern city all around it, with your clan's mon on the building to the left.

Back to the Mojave.

Early Morning Sniper

Wake up call for the Legion

Hecate in action

Mighty big skeeters in these parts

Hecate found the Repconn 'O'
Acadian
Back to Hecate and her big gurl gun!

Wow, you can really see the Skyriim influence on the mojavie Legion - men in skirts and red shirts. tongue.gif

Hecate in action. *happy sigh* What a wonderful shot of Hecate the Gungirl.

Skeeters? ohmy.gif I think I saw a mosquito out here in the desert once. . . but that was years ago. I figured it must have stowed away on a plane full of tourists from back east. laugh.gif

Looks like she found some Shogun influence there in the last shot?
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 4 2016, 03:05 PM) *

mALX: You cannot go in any of the buildings in the TW games. In Rome Total War you would fight inside cities though, battling through the streets. Sometimes you would find estates out in the country that would fight near. That pic is the first I have seen farms in Shogun 2. It is pretty neat to see.

The boats in that one pic of crossing the river are just for show. You cannot get in them. If you notice, the water level is low there, so it is a ford you can just walk across. The enemy attacked me at that ford with all their cavalry. You can see the dead horses on the far left. After wiping them out I sent the infantry I had used to defend the ford across the river to attack the enemy from their rear.

To be honest, it is not easy commanding an entire army. The pause key helps a lot! But you can only watch one area at a time, and things can happen in other places without you having any idea. Like your general getting into a fight with hundreds of spearmen...

The next turn reinforcements took care of the remnants of the invaders

laugh.gif I would be paused for days, drawing maps and plans, rollinglaugh.gif

I singled this shot out because it was just beautiful! I love the cherry trees, how cool they put those in there!

I like how they show where your army (and I'm assuming your enemy's army) will be marching, and they showed the next land with the names on it - sometimes I wish they would do that in ESO, lol.

These games look so great for me to watch someone else playing them, but I don't know if I would ever be able to actually play one myself, lol. I bet you would be awesome playing "Stratego," or any of the other world domination games, lol.

I used to find a small island and try to amass troops to defend it; my son wiped me out every time, laugh.gif

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 4 2016, 05:09 PM) *

I can't get over how stunningly gorgeous that first screen is! And the second - amazing graphics to have so many NPC's populating a screen in action including their horses! This game is Awesome, I can see why you like it!

The last shot I singled out - I just spent some time in Cyrodiil (in ESO) - this shot so reminds me of the Alliance war going on in Cyrodiil! You try to usurp control of the other Alliance's keeps; steal their Elder Scrolls; etc. - have to attack their fortresses with Ballistas and trebuchets, (etc) filled with hot oil/rock/diseased meat/fire/lightning/etc.

You can get missions to attack forts and seize them; but if you are like me (playing single player) it is better to get missions to repair the keep walls or scout behind enemy lines. You can also heal the fighters while they do the combat if you are too green or inexperienced to take on a fort.

The girl I play with from Australia and I came across an enemy gate and couldn't cross it; and she pulled out a huge trebuchet and started hauling off and bombarding the gate with just the two of us there, laugh.gif

But after the battle, the fortress walls remain damaged till someone repairs them, so for people like me who are playing alone and can't take on a fort - repairing the walls afterward is a good way to earn rewards.

Anyway, that last picture reminded me of what it looked like when they are laying siege to a fortress in Cyrodiil.

Very cool looking game, I'm so glad you shared it on here! Awesome graphics, and I love that you were given the honor of being a Shogun at the end !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 6 2016, 01:41 PM) *

Acadian: ShogRosa sounds about right. I really loved what they did at the end of the victory video, the camera opens to the statue, and then zooms out to show the modern city all around it, with your clan's mon on the building to the left.

Back to the Mojave.

Early Morning Sniper

Wake up call for the Legion

Hecate in action

Mighty big skeeters in these parts

Hecate found the Repconn 'O'

Hecate !!!

Uh Oh, I see trouble ahead if she is declaring war on Caesar's Legion!

WOO HOO !!! Can't wait to see what she does to the Legion next, she will have to have one eye over her shoulder at all times, lol.

OMG, is that the O? I never would have thought that is what that was!

Awesome shots, and again wanted to thank you for showing that Shogun game. It is really impressive!

SubRosa
Acadian: At least the Legion skirts make more sense in the desert. At least during the day. I imagine at night it must get awful cold out there in the Mojave.

No skeeters in the Mojave? I suppose you folks have flies instead. Not to mention radscorpions.

I hadn't even thought of the crosslegged sitting as looking Japanese! But you are so right! Hecate is a Samurai Sniper.

mALX: I love the cherry trees on the strategic map in Shogun 2. It is one of many things that really brings a Japanese feel to the game.

That is neat to hear about the alliance war in Cyrodiil. I have actually seen talk of Elder Scrolls mods for the Total War games, though so far as I know no one has ever made Tamriel Total War. There are several impressive Lord of the Rings total conversion mods for Rome Total War 1 - Third Age Total War, Second Age Total War, and Fourth Age Total War.

The Legion never gives most of my characters a choice about declaring war on them. Not after seeing what they did to Nipton. It is supposed to frighten people, but it just gets my character's dander up, and puts the Legion on their list of abominations that must be expunged from the world. Except for Loviatar. She thought it was nice of the Legion to leave all those tasty snacks up on those crosses.... devilsmile.gif

But I am using a mod that reduces the frequency of the Legion assassin squads. So I don't have them constantly coming after my characters.

Blast Off

Brassy

Angry Deathclaw

Too close for comfort

Much too close for comfort
Acadian
No skeeters and no flies here. The lack of skeeters makes complete sense in the desert. Not sure on the flies though. I spent lots of time in the deserts of the middle east and it is swarming with flies. Just lucky out here in the Mojave I guess. Well, we do have rattlesnakes (not the blue-eyed blonde kind), mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes and bark scorpions. The bark scorpions are small but among the most dangerous scorpions there are (not counting the megaradiated giant ones on FONV of course.) wink.gif

Blast Off – You know I love it when you show us screenies of those old billboards.

Brassy – Wow, that brings back memories of having to ‘police up our brass’.

Deathclaw. . . oh my. ohmy.gif I can’t even imagine how terrifying it must be for Hecate to be seeing that magnified in her scope!
mALX

Oh, I meant to mention and forgot - each of the items you fling on people has its own effect - of course the fire and hot oil both burn, etc - but the diseased meat makes it hard for the enemy to heal; when it hits them their healing is reduced by a percentage and then you pound them with something else and they can't heal up from it. I thought that was kind of a cool touch in combat, lol.

That is exactly how it struck me seeing those Cherry Trees - it just gave a perfect touch of Japan to make me feel immersed in the setting (like seeing sampans and that rice paper-wall building) .

I think I already said that I loved anything Oriental when looking at your apartment pictures and mistakenly thinking that statue of William Shakespeare was Emperor Mao or something, laugh.gif

I guess it doesn't even need to look Oriental when my glasses are off for me to feel the Japanese vibe, rollinglaugh.gif

(at least I was right that those were cherry trees, lol) .

OMG, that is one ugly Deathclaw! I am tied for favorite between the two "Too Close For Comfort" screens - especially the first one, where you can see the bullet cartridge being ejected so you know she is firing for her life! Hecate isn't a Dead is Dead character, is she? It really looks like we almost found out on those shots! Awesome shots !!!! (and scary !!! )

SubRosa
Acadian: I always think of policing up the brass whenever I see spent cartridges flying in video games.

mALX: I never play Dead is Dead. I have played too many FPS games where you often die half a dozen times a level to even consider that. I play Dead is Time to Reload. biggrin.gif

Another early morning sniper

Taking notes of the map

Hecate has a new hat

Hecate found where the sass came from

Enjoying a cold one

Another cold one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.