Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skyrim Screenshots
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Skyrim cheats and hints
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
Acadian
Great shot of Molly under the moons. Has she met Persephone? *shivers at the thought*
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ May 27 2015, 09:06 PM) *

You had some spectacular shots here, but these two were outstanding even above them all! Totally Awesome shots here, Holy Cow! What a battle that must have been!

QUOTE(Grits @ May 28 2015, 10:17 AM) *

Look how Claire is sitting like a lady unlike the bandit from the beginning.

- I never noticed that till you said something, rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ May 28 2015, 10:17 AM) *

You know this has to be my favorite, since it is a scene replayed NUMEROUS times in Jerric's life, lol. Great shots, all!

@ Everyone -

What is with Imgur and these giant shots suddenly? Has Imgur changed how they are doing pictures now? They are suddenly more than twice as big as my 19" screen, what is going on with that? Are mine doing that too? I better go look.

SubRosa
My pics are the same size as always - 1920 x 1080. They always scale to fit my window whenever I bring them up. I notice Grits' only appear to be 1364 x 768 (playing on a laptop then Grits?).

Maybe the pictures are not bigger, but your desktop resolution is lower?
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 28 2015, 10:14 PM) *

My pics are the same size as always - 1920 x 1080. They always scale to fit my window whenever I bring them up. I notice Grits' only appear to be 1364 x 768 (playing on a laptop then Grits?).

Maybe the pictures are not bigger, but your desktop resolution is lower?

I'm on a laptop too, what does that mean? How do I check the resolution on my laptop, and what should it be set at?

Because now that you say something, I did change over to Avira Antivirus right before the giant pictures started, and it does something weird with my screen if my hand lingers on a key a few seconds where it changes the size of the type. It drives me nuts, and I don't know how to make it stop doing that.

Acadian
MALX, I just brought up some random screens posted by me, you, SubRosa, Grits and Renee. I don't see any changes from the way they normally look.
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 28 2015, 10:20 PM) *

MALX, I just brought up some random screens posted by me, you, SubRosa, Grits and Renee. I don't see any changes from the way they normally look.

So something has changed on my laptop, but I need to know what changed/why/and how to fix it.

The only thing new on my laptop is the Avira.

Renee
HA HA HA Erik the Purseholder! rollinglaugh.gif Every girl needds one, right?

It looks like there's a tiny flare of electricity in that final shot, Grits ... boy Jerric has come a long way. ha ha

Molly: That's such a dreamy picture of you, wow.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 28 2015, 10:05 PM) *

You had some spectacular shots here, but these two were outstanding even above them all! Totally Awesome shots here, Holy Cow! What a battle that must have been!

I finally figured out how tfc1 works! XD

I've got 1360 x 768, but I tend to resize my pics a lot. Sometimes I crop 'em, because I'm too lazy / distracted to turn menus off as I'm gaming. Are my pics still gigantic to you, mALX?
SubRosa
QUOTE(mALX @ May 28 2015, 10:18 PM) *

I'm on a laptop too, what does that mean? How do I check the resolution on my laptop, and what should it be set at?

Because now that you say something, I did change over to Avira Antivirus right before the giant pictures started, and it does something weird with my screen if my hand lingers on a key a few seconds where it changes the size of the type. It drives me nuts, and I don't know how to make it stop doing that.

Laptop monitors typically have a lower screen resolution than the bigger ones made for desktops. One of my old work laptops had that same 1364 x 768 as its largest resolution.

If you want to find out what your resolution is, it will vary a bit depending on what version of windows you have. But in general right click on any empty spot of your desktop. In Windows 7 the box that pops up will have a line called 'Screen Resolution' that you can click on, and it will take you right to its settings. I think Vista is similar. In Windows XP that box will have a line saying Display Properties. Click on that and in the next little window go to the Settings tab.

In any case, set it to whatever resolution you like best. Higher resolutions make everything look sharper, but also smaller over all.

I don't know anything about this new antivirus of yours. I have never heard of it. I don't know why it would change your desktop resolution, but I wouldn't rule it, or something else out, as the culprit.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2015, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 28 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Laptop monitors typically have a lower screen resolution than the bigger ones made for desktops. One of my old work laptops had that same 1364 x 768 as its largest resolution.

If you want to find out what your resolution is, it will vary a bit depending on what version of windows you have. But in general right click on any empty spot of your desktop. In Windows 7 the box that pops up will have a line called 'Screen Resolution' that you can click on, and it will take you right to its settings. I think Vista is similar. In Windows XP that box will have a line saying Display Properties. Click on that and in the next little window go to the Settings tab.

In any case, set it to whatever resolution you like best. Higher resolutions make everything look sharper, but also smaller over all.

I don't know anything about this new antivirus of yours. I have never heard of it. I don't know why it would change your desktop resolution, but I wouldn't rule it, or something else out, as the culprit.

It is showing as set on the highest resolution in the settings; 1600 X 900. The only thing I've done differently right before this happened (that I remember) was to change over from Trend Micro Antivirus (which was using up way too much memory) to Avira antivirus, which (according to Tom's Hardware) is supposed to be the lowest memory waster giving the highest protection available in freeware.

(It works great, uses WAY less memory, but irritates me with pop-ups trying to talk me into buying their full program)

But ever since I changed over to it, when I hover over the keys my screen suddenly flips to a magnified text - I hate that, it is very irritating. And I just noticed the large screens the last couple weeks too - they have never been like that before, and the only change I can remember is the Antivirus.

I don't know what else would cause it, or how to search out a solution.

SubRosa
It sounds like you might be accidentally using the magnifer built into Windows' Accessibility Tools. Here is a link about it.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 29 2015, 03:17 PM) *

It sounds like you might be accidentally using the magnifer built into Windows' Accessibility Tools. Here is a link about it.

That sounds exactly like what is going on. I couldn't find a way to shut it off, but went in and unchecked everything so hopefully it will stop. It is extremely aggravating to have the screen jumping all over and pop up windows asking if I want to use "sticky keys" or "filter keys" if I hover over a key longer than the laptop thinks I should.

The odd thing is though - it's never done these things before the last time I had to reformat the hard drive. It didn't do it when I bought the laptop or when I reformated it the first time; but suddenly started doing it.

And my resolution is as high as it can get, but I am wondering if these automatic key shortcuts are changing the resolution as I'm opening the screenshots suddenly.

But yeah, all this started after the Avira was added, so I'm wondering if it is part of their "Optimization" of my computer that they said would make everything better. Maybe they packaged some program they "thought" everyone would love in it, lol. Urk.

I don't understand why with the great graphics card I have with this laptop - why my top resolution available is X 900. I think my old PC had higher resolution than that.

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ May 29 2015, 04:45 PM) *

I don't understand why with the great graphics card I have with this laptop - why my top resolution available is X 900. I think my old PC had higher resolution than that.

Because it's not the graphics card, but the screen itself that determines that. Each pixel on the screen is a separate item, and you only have so many.

CRT's usually had a lot more dots on the screen than they could use and the scan (flying dot of electrons) hit multiple ones at a time. Essentially the size they could focus the dot down to determined the resolution the could achieve. LCD's turn on pixels on the mask directly.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ May 29 2015, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 29 2015, 04:45 PM) *

Because it's not the graphics card, but the screen itself that determines that. Each pixel on the screen is a separate item, and you only have so many.

CRT's usually had a lot more dots on the screen than they could use and the scan (flying dot of electrons) hit multiple ones at a time. Essentially the size they could focus the dot down to determined the resolution the could achieve. LCD's turn on pixels on the mask directly.

Oh, well that makes sense then - I didn't realize it was the monitor. Urk, But still, the screens just suddenly got bigger about two weeks ago, so whatever it was doing right before - it isn't doing right now. I don't know of anything that has changed other than the antivirus.

Thank you, Ghastley and SubRosa, I appreciate the help a lot!

Okay, I just found out the problem. For some unknown reason, there was a little magnifying glass in the corner of my toolbar. I clicked on that while looking at Grits's screen of Jerric getting arrested (for possibly the billionth time) and it was showing zoomed to 200% !!!! So it showed "Restore Default" - I clicked on that and Jerric's arrest went right back to the way it was a couple weeks ago!

So obviously at some point that magnifying glass got turned on, and never went away. Problem solved, thank you all so much for your help !!!!

Lopov
I was browsing through Lucius' pics today and found out that I have three more pics to show which I didn't post yet, probably because I was too busy with Aard's game.

The last pic featured in this thread showed his battle with Ancano after which he was declared the Arch-Mage. However, Lucius refused the great honor and instead named Tolfdir as the new Arch-Mage.

Leaving the Staff of Magnus behind...
...Lucius decided to leave the College...
...with style.
SubRosa
I was half-expecting a dragon when Lucius Skyrimwalker left the College! But that is quite a leap of faith! I am guessing he is using the ethereal shout?

My characters always leave the Staff of Magnus behind too. Given the nature of the quest it is associated with, it always struck me as one of those things that should be locked away, and only used when the world is in danger of being destroyed.
Acadian
It’s a shame that both the ArchMage and his Master Wizard die during the questline. kvright.gif I don’t miss that Ancano fellow one bit though! evillol.gif I think Lucius was wise to post Tolfdir as the new ArchMage and leave the Staff of Magnus behind.

Like SubRosa, I was half-expecting Lucius to call a dragon in to carry him off instead of etheri-jumping. ohmy.gif

Lucius looks spectacular (as always) in his stalhrim armor. happy.gif Great shots!
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jul 10 2015, 12:18 PM) *

I was browsing through Lucius' pics today and found out that I have three more pics to show which I didn't post yet, probably because I was too busy with Aard's game.

The last pic featured in this thread showed his battle with Ancano after which he was declared the Arch-Mage. However, Lucius refused the great honor and instead named Tolfdir as the new Arch-Mage.

Leaving the Staff of Magnus behind...
...Lucius decided to leave the College...
...with style.

Gaaaah! Did he die on landing? I also really like the idea of Tolfdir becoming Arch Mage instead of the player, and plan to use the mod Acadian uses when I play that quest in the future. I've only played that questline once (when the game first came out and mods for it were non-existent).

But the Staff of Mundus - I would either have to bury it in the Midden with that forge so none of the others at the College could access it - or in safe keeping from un-trustworthy hands by keeping it myself.

Grits
From Where Am I?
QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 20 2015, 07:42 PM) *

If the mod was installed, how did you get Jerric to leave the temple?

It wasn't easy! laugh.gif

Here's one from Abiene and Jerric's journey back to Whiterun. Blue heavens.
Acadian
It wasn't easy? I can certainly see why! Did Abiene have to doff her robes and tease him out of the temple? tongue.gif

Wow, Blue heavens is spectacular. Sometimes when you just pause in Skyrim at night to look up, it's stunning. happy.gif

And what a wonderful screenie of the month! Such a quaint 'village life' setting and quite the impressive procession! goodjob.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 21 2015, 08:20 AM) *

From Where Am I?
QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 20 2015, 07:42 PM) *

If the mod was installed, how did you get Jerric to leave the temple?

It wasn't easy! laugh.gif

OH! So THAT is what Ghastley meant by Jerric not being able to leave the Temple! Now why did I not figure it out before now, lol? rollinglaugh.gif

ghastley
This is probably a better place to ask than the "Where Am I?" thread. Does anyone know the location where the armor images on the USEP wiki were shot? I'd like to use it for the Alik'r Heavy screenshots, but can't figure out where it is. It looks like a Solitude wall at the back, so I'm guessing it's around Castle Dour somewhere.

Example
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 21 2015, 12:16 PM) *

This is probably a better place to ask than the "Where Am I?" thread. Does anyone know the location where the armor images on the USEP wiki were shot? I'd like to use it for the Alik'r Heavy screenshots, but can't figure out where it is. It looks like a Solitude wall at the back, so I'm guessing it's around Castle Dour somewhere.

Example

Hard to notice the background with those hi-beams shining in the screen, laugh.gif

Grits
There was a promise made to get Jerric out of there! laugh.gif Abiene looks lovely in her new temple robe, but I failed to get a forum-appropriate angle of her. tongue.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 21 2015, 12:16 PM) *

Example

Could it be here? Jensa is in the upper left corner here. Most places around Castle Dour have ivy on the walls in my games.
ghastley
That's good enough. Even if it's not the exact location, it looks like it. There are console commands to adjust time of day and weather, so I can get the light direction right.
Renee

Whoa, that's amazing. blink.gif Wow.

Does anybody remember the first time they saw auroras in-game? I do. My character was walking up toward Bleak Falls Barrow .... I didn't know Beth included Northern Lights in the game, so when I first saw some, I was freekin' stunned.

Grits
I remember, Renee. I was playing on the PS3 with the big TV. I could not believe what I was seeing. wub.gif

Here’s some nice weather if you’re an Argonian. I call this one Dar-Ma Changes Her Mind.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 22 2015, 06:02 AM) *

Whoa, that's amazing. blink.gif Wow.

Does anybody remember the first time they saw auroras in-game? I do. My character was walking up toward Bleak Falls Barrow .... I didn't know Beth included Northern Lights in the game, so when I first saw some, I was freekin' stunned.

Wow. That does indeed look like a land of gods and giants. goodjob.gif

I don't remember my first time seeing the auroras in game. I had seen them so many times in screenshots by other people, that by the time I finally started playing and saw one it was just "oh, that's what they look like."

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 25 2015, 08:47 PM) *

I remember, Renee. I was playing on the PS3 with the big TV. I could not believe what I was seeing. wub.gif

Here’s some nice weather if you’re an Argonian. I call this one Dar-Ma Changes Her Mind.

Only an Argonian would think that is nice weather! laugh.gif Is she racing the salmon upstream?
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 25 2015, 08:47 PM) *

BWAAHAA! For me it was more like Acadian's trick of "Can you find the Argonian in this screenshot?" I did find her , but it took a while, lol.

Grits
I thought of Acadian and Buffy when I took that shot. happy.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 29 2015, 05:13 PM) *

I thought of Acadian and Buffy when I took that shot. happy.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

ghastley
Since Claudia has been so helpful to Kemel Al-Satakalaami in testing the Alik'r Heavy Armour with him, and being a good housecarl at Hjerim, he's married her.

The bride wore white, and he put on his best non-armour outfit for the occasion too. However, both felt bound by tradition to carry their scimitars.

No shots of the guests, as Jordis turned up naked, (and probably drunk). I think that was the result of my trying to persuade her to wear a dress around Proudspire without opening the CK for it.

Grits
Woo, thank you for the wedding picture! Congratulations to the lovely couple. cake.gif smile.gif

Did you make Claudia’s shoes? They’re perfect for her outfit!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 29 2015, 09:25 PM) *

No shots of the guests, as Jordis turned up naked, (and probably drunk).

Nords! rollinglaugh.gif
ghastley
The shoes are modified Barkeep's shoes, with the toes curled up a bit, and they're still using the original dull brown texture. They really need a proper gold-trimmed and sparkly texture before I let them loose.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 29 2015, 09:25 PM) *

Since Claudia has been so helpful to Kemel Al-Satakalaami in testing the Alik'r Heavy Armour with him, and being a good housecarl at Hjerim, he's married her.

The bride wore white, and he put on his best non-armour outfit for the occasion too. However, both felt bound by tradition to carry their scimitars.

No shots of the guests, as Jordis turned up naked, (and probably drunk). I think that was the result of my trying to persuade her to wear a dress around Proudspire without opening the CK for it.

BWAAHAA!!! Jordis wanted to be the one, lol !!!

Darkness Eternal
Lycus 1.

Lycus 2.

Hmm. Time spent adventuring, no time to trim beard.
Acadian
Grits - Yay, Dar-Ma swimming upstream to play in the waterfalls. tongue.gif

Ghastley - Great wedding shots. The Arabian Nights outfit looks fabulous! goodjob.gif

DE - Lycus in Skyrim! How neat is that?!? biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Aug 30 2015, 10:11 PM) *

Lycus 1.

Lycus 2.

Hmm. Time spent adventuring, no time to trim beard.

Holy Cow! That bow is enormous! He def looks like a hunter, especially his eyes in the second screenshot! Awesome, DE !!!

Grits
QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 29 2015, 09:55 PM) *

gold-trimmed and sparkly

*swoons*

DE, Skyrim Lycus looks great! Love the beard. smile.gif

It's always fun to be back on the road with Jerric and Darnand. They like to get an early start from Winterhold. In the first three minutes, this happened. wub.gif
SubRosa
ghastley: The Arabian White Nights outfit does look really neat.

DE: Rob Zombie comes to Skyrim! panic.gif biggrin.gif

Grits: Holy flaming headless assassins Batman!
Acadian
Yikes! I hope the hair on Jerric's back regrows quickly! tongue.gif
ghastley
QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2015, 11:19 AM) *

Yikes! I hope the hair on Jerric's back regrows quickly! tongue.gif

That's why he has the Nomex cape!

Can you say overkill?
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 31 2015, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 29 2015, 09:55 PM) *

gold-trimmed and sparkly

*swoons*

DE, Skyrim Lycus looks great! Love the beard. smile.gif

It's always fun to be back on the road with Jerric and Darnand. They like to get an early start from Winterhold. In the first three minutes, this happened. wub.gif

It is so awesome to see them together doing exactly what they do in the story!

haute ecole rider
Oh my GOD! Talk about OVERKILL!

My current toon, Hallkatla, is roaming Skyrim on behalf of the Stormcloaks (I created her just to explore that storyline - the next toon probably will do the Imperial side just to see the differences). She has the Retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller in her journal, but isn't interested in that. She only went up the mountain because she heard of this giant of a Nord - the biggest Nord to ever walk out of Skyrim - was camping near the 7,000 steps. She found him alright - and he is huge, bombastic, and quite deadly in battle, just like Destri Melarg's Valdemar. He also uses the Fire Shout on everything that attacks Halle. Dragon, bandit, and yes, these poor little skeevers who are incapable of sizing up the opposition before going aggro.

He's loud, bombastic and talkative. And he uses the lines from the Stormcloak side. The mod actually uses Galmar Stone-Fist's voice for this companion. It's a bit disorienting to meet up with Galmar in the Stormcloak camps to get orders, and hearing Valfar ranting in the background about how Skyrim will not be slaves to the Thalmor, and both are speaking with the same distinctive voice! Yes, though I'm deaf, I can pick up certain differences in voices - Galmar and Valfar use the roughest voice around, and Argis's voice is not that far behind. Calder's is smoother, lighter in tone (I guess you would call him more of a tenor?). Anyway, one thing I really like about this mod is that there is an option in the dialogue to tell Valfar to shut up. Diplomatically, of course. wink.gif

Add to that her newest companion, an old bounty hunter who doesn't care for any side except for the one that pays him. And he is less talkative than Valfar. In fact, Valfar was going on about Skyrim being free and about how he was going to take the fight to the Thalmor once Skryim is cleansed of the Elven Plague, and Hoth, very quietly, in almost an aside to Halle, murmurs: "Less talking. More bloodletting." The contrast between the two is so marked, I'm having so much fun walking around Skyrim with them!

And yes, the two of them together is overkill. Doesn't leave much for Halle to do (except when fighting off random dragon attacks). Between Valfar's Fire Shouts and Hoth's custom weapon, the smaller ones don't stand a chance.

And wait, let's not forget Halle's first follower, who is still tagging along. Roger the Battle Bunny! I thought he was good for just tagging along, but it turns out whenever someone goes hostile, Roger runs to the heart of the battle. What he does there, I don't know. I haven't seen him harm anyone. I think he's trying to get behind the enemies so he can trip them up!

I'm going to have to post a screenie of the four of them somehow . . .
ghastley
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 31 2015, 12:45 PM) *

And yes, the two of them together is overkill. Doesn't leave much for Halle to do ...

This is why I stopped using extra-follower mods. When my first Altmer wizard had the Tamriel Topless Team following her around, she just stagnated completely on levelling. The chances of her inflicting any damage before the mob was mobbed seemed to be nil. Since she primarily used ranged spells, they were usually between her and the enemy, too, which made her reluctant to risk hitting companions who were only protected, rather than essential.

It may work better if the player character does melee, but those characters aren't the ones who collect followers, for some reason.
ghastley
And talking of overkill. I think this one is past even guard duty.

The one with the bow is Fluffie, who has a luxuriant bush, humungous boobs and a twin sister Fuzz. Fluffie is in black, Fuzz in white.

I've been trying to create a dual-wielding follower who uses two bound swords, but Fuzz isn't cooperating. She'll wield a bound sword with a regular one, but won't cast the off-hand sword, despite having spells for each hand. Still, she's effective enough as it is.

Fluffie has built Lakeview, including the Enchanter tower (mainly for the view, as she doesn't use any physical weapons or armour). She looked very disappointed when she made the braziers; I think she was expecting something else that she needed more.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 12 2015, 04:30 PM) *

And talking of overkill. I think this one is past even guard duty.

The one with the bow is Fluffie, who has a luxuriant bush, humungous boobs and a twin sister Fuzz. Fluffie is in black, Fuzz in white.

I've been trying to create a dual-wielding follower who uses two bound swords, but Fuzz isn't cooperating. She'll wield a bound sword with a regular one, but won't cast the off-hand sword, despite having spells for each hand. Still, she's effective enough as it is.

Fluffie has built Lakeview, including the Enchanter tower (mainly for the view, as she doesn't use any physical weapons or armour). She looked very disappointed when she made the braziers; I think she was expecting something else that she needed more.

You had me rolling reading this, but I love the twins - all three sets of them! laugh.gif

mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 28 2015, 08:34 PM) *

Yeah, she is wearing the helmet I liked best!

How on Nirn did you get clothing on a skeleton? That is Awesome!

I actually found that door in my exploration of Skyrim, and tried to get around it - just knew it would take me to Cyrodiil, lol.

That is funny about the urn in the tree!

Great shots!!!

Renee
Welcome back to Skyrim! Wow, I can't believe Persephone is getting so much hatred from the locals, how can this be?

Lol at the urn tree biggrin.gif
Lopov
I bet that locals have some interesting stories to swap, now that's she able to see what happened in their previous lives thanks to Pillars of Eternity.

I assume that Imperial guards attacked her because they were in fact disguised guards?

Really like the auto killcam and the Fort Neugrad shot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.