Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Renee
Lady Saga is about to plunder Makenentain (however you spell it). We believe this is where one of the Ayleid ruins are located.

To all my Lady Saga fans (both of you, lol), I apologize for not going into more detail with her updates. I'm working on a way that I can do gaming and writing with her at the same time, but it's going to probably involve going to Radio Shack and getting some different cables & connections so I can have 2 computers hooked up to my TV at the same time. I'm not very good with gaming and then writing, I like doing both at the same time.
mirocu
I get it. That´s why and how you make such excellent Kahreem updates! biggrin.gif
Renee
Yes, she managed to get Statue #4! Not only this, but she found four Varla stones, and those suckers fetch a pretty penny up in the Imperial City. In general, she's been making a slow trip on the East side of the Niben, plundering an Ayleid ruin here and a fort there. She's at the point now that she and Maglir are going to be rich when she finally returns to the I.C. Then ... it'll be Spell Creation time.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 30 2014, 05:46 PM) *

I get it. That´s why and how you make such excellent Kahreem updates! biggrin.gif

Exactly. All I have to do is change channels from the Xbox to PC, back and forth, as I write. Sometimes I can just type as I'm gaming without changing channels, although this causes tons of typos.

Rihanae
I NEVER thought this day would come... but it has. I have retired Lissa for a while. I have left her in the AU to her studies. It just felt like the right time to have her hang up her warhammer... at least for a while.

It is pretty sad to let her go for a while, as we have been playing together for over three years. It just felt like we weren't going anywhere, and I think she needed a break, too.

I have had another character call to me quite a lot, always plaguing my thoughts whilst playing Oblivion, so I decided it was time to bring her to life.

Now, I haven't fully created her yet, but I know who she is and some of her back story.

Her name is Ciyenna (Pronounced the same as Sienna). She is a Dunmer who uses Marksman and destruction (fire) primarily.

All I know about her so far is that she is a necromancer hunter with a personal vendetta against the craft, and she will travel through the Mages Guild questline (to start with) as an undercover agent for a small organisation Ihave yet to learn about from her.

I'm pretty excited to start travelling with her, and can't wait to give you updates!
mirocu
I think boring moments are a part of a character´s life just as it is with our lives. I enjoy even the slow times with Lothran smile.gif

But good luck with your new character!
Rihanae
think that's wonderful that you can do that, but I like to keep my chars somewhat busy. There are many stories in my head I want to explore, but I only go through with the ones I feel passionate about. Such as with Jessie, Anyanka and Edina. I followed their stories though having them as NPC's.

I could have done that with Ciyenna, but I feel she needs to be her own person, and not a companion to another.
mirocu
Don´t worry, I´m not gonna try to convince you to only have one character.. laugh.gif
Rihanae
Here is a screenie of Ciyenna. I will mostlikely go over her face again when I have more time, but I think her hair is fine. it suits her.

What I know about her so far is she is twenty-three, she lived in Kvatch and she is an axe user. Her bow is her backup weapon. She isn't the sneaky sort; she isn't afraid of confrontation.

I think her majors will be Blunt, Destruction and possibly another magic field. Most likely alteration.

mirocu
A blonde Dunmer! First one I´ve ever seen, but she looks really good! smile.gif
Acadian
Rihanae, I hope you'll come back to Lissa at some point. Taking a break can be nice though.

Welcome to Ciyenna! I've heard blonde's have more fun. . . . tongue.gif
Rihanae
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 2 2014, 01:37 PM) *

Rihanae, I hope you'll come back to Lissa at some point. Taking a break can be nice though.

Welcome to Ciyenna! I've heard blonde's have more fun. . . . tongue.gif

Do not worry, I feel it will only be a brief retirement for the time being. I am desperate to explore Ciyenna's story, so with Lissa spending time to study at the AU it seemed like the perfect time smile.gif

This is most definitely not the last we have seen of Lissa and her friends.

As of yet, because of time, I have yet to actually begin Ciyenna's story haha. I imagine her updates will be wonderful.

to be honest, at some point she might even join the AU at the same time as Lissa, but we will see smile.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Rihanae @ May 2 2014, 08:28 PM) *

to be honest, at some point she might even join the AU at the same time as Lissa, but we will see smile.gif

KAPPA-GAMMA-ALPHA SISTERS!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Rihanae
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 2 2014, 07:32 PM) *

KAPPA-GAMMA-ALPHA SISTERS!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Haha! AU SORORITY! WOOO!!! wink.gif
Renee
In no particular order, Lady Saga has ...

1). returned to the Imperial City, her horse loaded with goods. This includes: 7 Varla stones, one Ayleid statue, about two dozen soul gems (many of which were loaded), one goblin totem staff, and a lot of potions. After selling all these she had (of course) a lot of money, and with over 2 grand in Cyrodiil's bank, she had more than she needed to fund her recent experiments at the Arcane University.

1A). With Enhanced Economy in her game, she actually couldn't sell everything before the three merchants she visited (Thoronir, Jensine, and one of the Three Brothers) all ran out of money. laugh.gif She still has two Varlas left. I also advanced the Unfriendly Competition questline forward using the console, since her game is supposed to be in the 4th Era. so all the merchants get along in her gameworld, which furthers the illusion that the events of UC are long in the past.

2). She made the following at the Arcane Uni: a ring with Night Eye, a ring which casts about 26 feet of light, a lesser light ring (which she sold), and a spell which combines Shield 10% on self and Detect Life 60' on self, both of which last for 60 seconds.

3). I also RP'd that one of the Arcane University mages who runs the Chironasium told her about a hollowed-out tree stump just across the river from Vilverin. In this tree stump was a Summon Wolf spell tome as well as a book on witchcraft (thanks Miss Florens). The Witchcraft book is particularly interesting to Saga as a Bosmer, and I will explain why later.

... Because of all this, Saga's recent adventures have been much more efficient. She is able to detect and see her enemies well in advance, and also get some good shots off before they even know what's happening. She's beginning to eschew the 'armored' look she had when first returning to Cyrodiil for a typical Saga / Wood Elf way of adventuring, and this makes both of us happy.
mirocu
Aerin is pretty active and she seems to have alotta fun as well smile.gif

Her horse, was it a chestnut?
mirocu
Tonight Lothran cleared out Shattered Mine just north of Kvatch. He used his skills in Illusion to turn the bandits against one another and even though battle music started at a few occasions (which it shouldn´t have since Lothran had over 100% chameleon), it´s a pretty nifty trick. I can see why Buffy likes it smile.gif
Acadian
Yay Lothran! Buffy snipes individuals or groups that are well dispersed, but for tighter groups, the command spell like Lothie used is exactly what she does. Friendly fire usually draws the whole group into fighting. And it is great fun to watch. evillol.gif
Renee
Sounds fun, mirocu. Illusion spells are great.

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 4 2014, 04:26 PM) *

Aerin is pretty active and she seems to have alotta fun as well smile.gif

Her horse, was it a chestnut?

Actually she's got two bays at the moment. One of them gets actively ridden, the other dwells in Skingrad's stable.

Rihanae
nice update mirocu! command spells are awesome, especially for getting out of tight spots... good to see Lothran making the most of them!

So... Ciyenna went nowhere. Haha. I wouldn't say she was a waste of time, however. She helped me appreciate Lissa EVEN MORE! Haha. it was just so hard to connect with her. I will be returning to Lissa shortly.

ATM I am taking a break from Oblivion to play some other games from my childhood smile.gif
Acadian
Rihanae, sorry it didn't work out but I think it's wonderful that it helped you appreciate Lissa even more. happy.gif
Renee
I've had a couple whom I couldn't really connect with, or whose backstories don't seem to catch on for some reason. It happens. What games are you playing from childhood, Rhianae?

Evening Star 31, 4th Era Year 4

"You should join the Fighter's Guild! And fight for gold!"

"Oh Maglir, full of mischievous whims are we now? .. What supposes you that I, a free-roaming Bosmer from Valenwood herself, might make such choice for becoming untowards my very heritage? .. No, I feel it best I stay within my own devices and wishes. But much appreciatings I have for you and your urgings."

On the very last day of the 4th year of the 4th Era, Lady Saga and Maglir have camped outside of Talwinique, where Maglir spent the day outside watching his lady's horse, and Saga carefully roamed inside the Ayleid ruin searching adamantly for anything of value. Full of mostly bandits, Saga did not find anything significant, and the rare artifact she's been given the task to locate by Gunder back in Skingrad remains elusive. * But there are two more places this artifact could possibly be. One of these is Ellenglyn, a place Saga has not been in awhile.

"At ease, Maglir. 'Tis the end of another year's passing. Share and elate," Saga says, passing him a bottle of mead. Maglir sips on the mead, looking forward to wherever his employer desires to go next.
Rihanae
I'm currently alternating between Grandia and Final Fantasy 8. Mostly Final Fantasy 8 right now smile.gif

Oooh camping! What a wonderful way for Saga and Maglir to spend the last night of the year smile.gif
mirocu
Sorry to hear it didn´t work out, Rihanae. But at least your appreciation for Lissa grew smile.gif

Renee - Too bad Saga didn´t find what she was looking for, but I have to say I just love the way she talks! biggrin.gif
Renee
Rhianae: Yeeesss! I played several Final Fantasies in the past. Those turn-based games are interesting in their own way. If I didn't have so much to do in ES, I'd return to some of those older games (out of nostalgia's sake) too. Wow, imagine the perspective you'll gain when you go from FF back to Oblivion.

Well anyways, enjoy. smile.gif

mirocu: Me too. All my characters speak kinda funny, don't they? *laughs* A lot of that is automatic writing. I get into their head, and then whatever the first words that come up, I type, without editing. Hard to explain. In this way, conjugations and verb tenses and stuff like this wind up being much different from the way you and I speak.
Grits
Rihanae, I’ve been away from all of my characters for a bit and it has really made me appreciate them.

Happy New Life Festival to Lady Saga and Maglir!

I looked in on Lildereth and Jerric’s camp in Elsweyr, and they need a little more time to rest. Lil is one stressed out and exhausted elf. I need to gather some more energy before joining them! laugh.gif
While I was doing some computer repair I happened to notice that Lil’s game just surpassed Jerric’s in hours. PC Jerric only, of course. tongue.gif He still spends most of his Oblivion time off the laptop.
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 7 2014, 03:59 PM) *

I need to gather some more energy before joining them! laugh.gif

Yeah, no doubt. Those folks do keep you busy, huh? So many personalities for sure, hon.

I am happy to report that my archer has just become an Expert in Marksmanship. She also went in an Ayleid ruin full of slimes, giant spiders, and ... what the heck is that? What is that shiny globe of light???
HOLY CRAP IT'S A WILL O' THE WISP!

MMM added a whole slew of these creatures to this one Ayleid ruin (at Level 7 too), and Saga wound up getting noticed by the first one. ohmy.gif She seemed unprepared, but luckily had some silver bolts for her crossbow. She ran outside the ruin where Maglir tried to help her, but he's only got an iron warhammer, so that's no good. Saga would run off, manage to get a good shot into the WotW, but if she had to run again, the dang thing might zap her and recharge itself.

She finally managed to get 3 good shots in a row into that sucker, and finally it perished. When she went back inside the ruins, she managed to sneak sneak sneak past the rest of the WotWs (there were about 7 of them scattered throughout the ruins) and was not noticed a second time, thank goodness.
ghastley
That was one of the situations where WotW's are at their worst - you have a follower that feeds them, so they recover from the damage you're doing. The only positive is that you can get the separation needed to stop them damaging you.
mirocu
Tonight Lothran revisited a few places in the Colovian Highlands and the Gold Coast. Amongst them was Fort Sutch, a place he hasn´t been to since he did that favor for the former Arena Champion so long ago...
Renee
11:33 AM, Sun's Dusk 26, 3E Year 433

Kahareem of Weet is off to Bravil to see S'krivva. He stole a bay horse in plain sight of Restita Statlilia, and so (as usual) he's already got a bounty. Ha ha

mirocu
I think Kahreem wants to have a bounty on him in case he´s in a sudden need for a bed.. biggrin.gif
Renee
Har Har... yeah, he sees jail as either an annoyance or a relief, depending on when he gets caught and why.

Lady Saga
is making her way towards Morcant's cottage (thank you Miss Florens), where she hopes to learn more about her heritage, and also some nifty new conjuration spells. On the way there she came across Belda, an Ayleid ruin west of Cheydinhal. She decided to leave her horse at a locked cabin she discovered, and so this way she didn't have to leave Modryn Oreyn behind to guard the horse.

Modryn is great at what he does (being a knight, making loud, brazen fighting moves) but Saga's more about stealth and sneak-arrows. So there were a couple clashes between these two during this particular dungeon-dive. Modryn's contract also ended in the middle of sneaking through Belda, which means he wanted more gold before he would accept Saga's commands rolleyes.gif Even though she had the gold, CSR seemed to glitch or something; she couldn't pay the man! But then all the sudden later on she went to speak to him and was able to pay him. Sheesh.

Modryn mostly winds up guarding Saga's horse (this was true of Maglir as well, wherever he is), when she goes underground, yet he still gets to see plenty of action as they travel. I 'advanced' all the Dar-ma quests for Saga's game using the console, and am RPing the Fame point she got as the result of Modryn's boasting about his new adventures with his new, blonde, Bosmer boss. One of my other characters (Dyan probably) would have saved Dar-ma in the past.

When they returned to Chorrol a few days ago, Modryn unlocked the door to his house so Saga could stay there, since he likes to hang around the Fighter's Guild anyways. The two mer make a good pair, except when it comes to sneak situations. smile.gif
Acadian
Hiring a follower to watch your horse! I love it (and totally understand wink.gif ).
mirocu
Modryn and Saga don´t seem to be on the same page all the time. But him being something of a non-sneaking brute can be a good thing for those moments of overwhelmingness laugh.gif
Renee
wink.gif

Loredas, 7:50 am, Morning Star 12, 4th Era Year 5

Days Passsed: 139
Active Quests: 17
Quests Cmptd: 17

Fame: 14
Infamy: 6

Places Found: 170
Ingrdints Eaten: 909

Hours Slept: 1870
Hours Waited: 494`.`
mirocu
Wow! Not even Lothran has eaten that many ingredients or slept for that many hours! blink.gif
Grits
I suspect that some of Kahreem’s sleeping hours could be described as “passed out after a bender.” biggrin.gif
Renee
Really? Wow. You don't RP sleep or eating I guess. Part of the reason Ingredients is so high is because of a mod that introduces the need to eat, and Oblivion describes food items as 'ingredients'. But even when I played on console I RP'd eating. I should actually go back to Saga's PS3 game to see how high Ingredients Eaten was back then.

There was supposed to be a little story that goes along with the post above, but Morcant doesn't say anything really, so Saga didn't either.
Acadian
I'm with you, Renee. Buffy normally sleeps about 8 hours a day. She not only eats (like a bird - frequent small meals), she also 'eats' for Superian. Buffy augments the mare's diet of forage with oats (we changed rice to oats in our game), apples and carrots. When she 'feeds' those items to Superian, she 'eats' them herself to simulate that. So Buffy's hours slept and ingredients eaten are way high too. laugh.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 15 2014, 03:11 PM) *

Really? Wow. You don't RP sleep or eating I guess.

I do, but I figure since Lothran is an elf who lives far longer than a human he doesn´t have to eat as often as humans do. Usually species who live long lives eat alot but much less frequent than those who live shorter lives due to having a much lower metabolism which in turn wears less on organs. This of course is a factor that helps prolonging one´s lifespan smile.gif
Grits
Neat. I’ve always thought that TES elves live longer as a result of their higher magicka. Bretons should live longer than they do but their native resistance cuts down on the benefit. I like hearing how others interpret lore and game mechanics, especially across the different games.

It’s fun to check hours slept and ingredients eaten against game hours. In the game I just do what seems natural for the character since I don’t use any needs mods in Oblivion. Sure enough Jerric eats and sleeps way more than Darnand or Lildereth. tongue.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 15 2014, 02:44 PM) *

It’s fun to check hours slept and ingredients eaten against game hours.

Yeah it is. I'm rather obsessed with little stats like this (can't ya tell? lol). The thing I like about my elf is she's constantly eating, and is not afraid to eat something raw. She'll pick up mushrooms, monkshood, St. John's wort nectar, lavender, etc. She just eats this stuff raw, making all her hirelings cringe! :yuck:

-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

6:59 am, Morning Star 14, 4th Era 5

"You really enjoy this whole hero thing, don't you? Everybody fawning all over you? I'm not like that"

.. says Urnsi Serethi, one of two Dunmer sisters who dwells within the Aleswell Inn. Urnsi had been hearing from several travelers (who had stopped by the Aleswell for a night or two) about the blonde Bosmer elf, who had been dungeoneering around Cyrodiil successfully for months now. And apparently, this Bosmer had been in Cyrodiil before, way back in the 3rd Era, which means she must have heard about the dreadful situation with Ancotar, the wizard who had almost ruined their lives with his incessant invisibility spell.

Where were you then, Bosmer, when we were suffering in the dark? .. Customers and travellers had eschewed the Aleswell for months during the period when the entire hamlet of Aleswell had been affected by Ancotar's incompetence. Where were you? Urnsi thinks, glaring at the Bosmer named "Raga" or whatever her damn name is.... Where were you as we were treated like horried haunts? .. And even now, people still avoid the Aleswell! ... While you strut in here with your gold and your fancy armor. Phsst!

"I am feeling not one ounce of compunction towards your past situation, Dunmer. Be it known that had I intuited or had taken orations of the fact, I might have indeed made my way here to Aleswell, and assisted in any such way as I might have seen fit. But as of now, today, and in this fourth era, I have little compunction, as stated."

Lady Saga is surprised by her own tongue-lashing of the Dark Elf before her, but cannot help herself. The Dunmer's words hurt in such a way that she feels it necessary to speak her mind, in this case. She cannot be everywhere at once, after all.

But the situation with this Dunmer and her sister have made Aerin from Valenwood uncomfortable. She leaves her squire's hand (Modryn Oreyn, a fellow Dunmer) to stay the night inside the Aleswell, while she goes outside to structure her tent.
mirocu
Poor Saga. Being talked down to like that for something she had no control over... I SAY RELEASE THE KRAKEN STORM ATRONACH!!! evillol.gif
Renee
Ha ha ha there ya go, that'll teach her!

Grits
Lildereth and Jerric slipped back into Cyrodiil at dawn. A tremendous thunderstorm hit pretty much immediately. They’ve taken refuge at the Border Watch Inn. Lil is relieved to be back in one piece. I can tell because she bought all of the inn’s mead and cheese for Jerric.

I think they’ll head north to visit Rimmen and then cut back across Elsweyr (if possible) and home to Anvil. Jerric needs his gear repaired, so they really need to find a blacksmith.
Renee
Where did they slip back into Cyrodiil from? .. Where were they?
SubRosa
From Skyrim (I think). She has the same characters in both games, so they move back and forth between provinces.
Acadian
Or perhaps from Elsweyr, since Border Watch is so close to the border and I know Grits has the Elsweyr mod running. We'll just have to wait for Grits to tell us for sure! tongue.gif
mirocu
We´re also waiting for you to give someone the cake in Caption This!, Acadian.. wink.gif

Lothran is in Skingrad at the moment. I think... Haven´t paid him a visit now for some time. Sorry, bud.. kvleft.gif
Acadian
Oh, thanks for the reminder, mirocu. Done. smile.gif

Buffy's up in that other province (the cold one) at the moment trying to survive. laugh.gif

Once we get her sorted out up there, I hope/expect she'll move between the provinces as easily as Grits' characters do.
Grits
Acadian is correct, Lildereth and NPC Jerric have been adventuring in Elsweyr through an Oblivion mod. They crossed the Elsweyr-Cyrodiil border near the Cyrodiil town of Border Watch in Blackwood. (The town built on a hillside with all of the Khajiit.)

They plan to walk north to Fort Namore and cross back into Elsweyr (same Oblivion mod) to visit Rimmen. Then they’ll walk northeast through Elsweyr to Riverhold if the terrain allows it. From Riverhold they’ll cross back into Cyrodiil and travel northwest through the West Weald until they hit the Gold Road. Mostly they want avoid the Strid River gorge. Then it’s home to Anvil.

SubRosa is correct that Lildereth and Jerric also exist in my Skyrim game both as characters and as NPCs. They are the same people living the same lives, they just look different in the two games. Things might get confusing if they ever start adventuring in Elsweyr through the Moonpath Skyrim mod! ohmy.gif

Lildereth sends love to her sister Bosmer in the danger-cold zone. Lil recently had an incident with some Elsweyr minotaurs that sent her sprinting back to more familiar forest. Afterward NPC Jerric got up and dusted himself off as if nothing had happened, but Lil does not bounce back so quickly. She finds that exploring new lands can sometimes get a little too exciting!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.