Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 3 2017, 11:06 PM) *

Hey wow, he's already done his season eh? Yea that did go rather quick. ohmy.gif I'm a little shocked, honestly. Damn. Maybe it's because we've had a lot of warm weather where I live, and it barely feels like winter half the time in Maryland this year, that winter in general seems really short this year. Still though. He's already going to Chorrol?

Yup, first thing tomorrow morning. I cannot believe it's already time to leave Bruma, but sure enough, it is smile.gif

Make sure to cure ms Gade the Third before she turns! ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 4 2017, 01:07 AM) *

mirocu - Wow, it does seem like a fast winter but the fact that Lothie is making preparations to leave Bruma is the surest sign of spring I can imagine. Here's hoping he enjoys a rich warm season of adventuring!

I think most people here now takes that as a sign of spring laugh.gif

Thanks for your well-wishes happy.gif

------------------------------

Today was a day all spent in Bruma. Lothran walked around, talked to people, bought last-minute things and re-charged a few weapons. He also made sure the two beggars and the only prisoner had fresh food, who knows when they will get that next time?

Lothran did wander outside the gates for just a bit, tending to his horse and looking at the views as the snow stopped falling. And yes, as evening rolled in it was time for one last foray at Olav's Tap and Tack. He even got himself a mead this time! Some shenanigans as always but very little actually; no guards came to slay Ongar tonight.

And after a good night's sleep, Lothran now sits at his desk downstairs, his mind already on the Orange Road to Chorrol...
Renee
Well good journey to you, Sir Lothran. Why doesn't he like mead, by the way?

--------------

Morndas, Rain's Hand 29

A late start from the West Weald Inn, but it's okay. There's already much to do in town once again. There is also another thick fog in the air, not as conducive for vampire hunting in the day as full sunlight.

By the afternoon the fog had cleared, but the sky was still overcast, the air now blustery with wind. Renee spent quite a bit of time waiting for the bank man to show up. Keeping her entire party's gear repaired + her two flame-based swords enchanted was turning out to be an expensive venture, during this particular campaign. She'd just taken out 500 gold back in the Imperial City, now it was a thousand here in Skingrad. She still has somewhere over 2,000 in savings, but still...

Tracking down the man who recharges items is always a daunting task. When he finally shows up at the Mage's Guild, he is no longer offering his services. mad.gif

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 7 2017, 12:09 AM) *

Well good journey to you, Sir Lothran. Why doesn't he like mead, by the way?

Well, I reckon just like me he's just indifferent to the stuff and thus rarely drinks it smile.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 7 2017, 12:09 AM) *

Tracking down the man who recharges items is always a daunting task. When he finally shows up at the Mage's Guild, he is no longer offering his services. mad.gif

Oh man, I HATE when that happens!
Winter Wolf
I have some time off work this month so I decided to start a new character after a twelve month hiatus from Oblivion. My new build was a Breton that unintentionally ended up looking like the twin brother of Uriel Septim. The prologue dungeon ended up being a surreal experience where the emperor was pretending that he did not know his sibling. laugh.gif Now I finally understand why he spoke in circles and riddles. He knew the prisoner and the whole thing was preordained!

Upon leaving the sewer I dyed my character's hair a dark color so that the Jauffre and the imperial guards on the road would not confuse him with the deceased emperor. laugh.gif Things should get interesting when I met Martin and tell him that he is not Neo.
Renee
Awesome, that'll be good to have you in Cyrodiil with your Uriel look-alike. I can't wait to hear more about how he turns out. Yeah that does sound hilarious, the Emperor having "dreams" and visions about his long-lost twin... biggrin.gif

----------------------------

Tirdas, Rain's Hand 30

Days Passed: 247

Diseases Contracted: 111

YES! another perfect, sunny day. Renee Gade III gets (once again) her Claymore of Burning and Bane of Kvatch re-enchanted. Geez. This costs just over 2,700 gp. The Claymore is a mass-produced cheapie, and ony requires 225 gold; the rest goes to recharge the one-of-a-kind Bane sword, which was gifted from the Count of Kvatch some time ago. At first, she thought she'd have no use for this piece; it could slaughter an ordinary man in just two blows for instance, and she's the type who wants more of a challenge. But against powerful undead, who also happen to be susceptible to fire...the Bane sword is very useful, and worth all the money she's been spending on it.

Next place to hunt will be Fort Vlastarus, a place she has been in before, and is pretty sure contains more vampires. Vlastarus is also on her map. After this fort, the final place to search (the Ayleid ruin) is probably one she had spotted from a distance, but hadn't visited yet. It is supposed to be 'east of Skingrad', and there are no Ayleid ruins on her map at all in this general area, but she did note some white-looking buildings in the distance last time she was in this area. So some camping and hardcore exploring might be required.*

In fact, there was an Ayleid ruin called Silorn nearby, but this place is sealed up tight with magic, according to the party's two magic-users.

Good news was: the party managed to find a camp with three tents & bedrolls, and a campfire already roaring. Perhaps this camp formerly belonged to the group of goblins that'd been scouting nearby?

*Some of my other characters go off the beaten path a lot, like Lady Saga. RG3 tends to stay on it though, mostly. She's not as 'random' as somebody like Saga or Joanie is.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 9 2017, 03:39 AM) *

I have some time off work this month so I decided to start a new character after a twelve month hiatus from Oblivion. My new build was a Breton that unintentionally ended up looking like the twin brother of Uriel Septim. The prologue dungeon ended up being a surreal experience where the emperor was pretending that he did not know his sibling. laugh.gif Now I finally understand why he spoke in circles and riddles. He knew the prisoner and the whole thing was preordained!

Upon leaving the sewer I dyed my character's hair a dark color so that the Jauffre and the imperial guards on the road would not confuse him with the deceased emperor. laugh.gif Things should get interesting when I met Martin and tell him that he is not Neo.

Cool! Are you playing as twin to the original Uriel, or Patrick Stewart?

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 9 2017, 05:09 PM) *

Tirdas, Rain's Hand 30

Days Passed: 247

Diseases Contracted: 111

YES! another perfect, sunny day. Renee Gade III gets (once again) her Claymore of Burning and Bane of Kvatch re-enchanted. Geez. This costs just over 2,700 gp. The Claymore is a mass-produced cheapie, and ony requires 225 gold; the rest goes to recharge the one-of-a-kind Bane sword, which was gifted from the Count of Kvatch some time ago. At first, she thought she'd have no use for this piece; it could slaughter an ordinary man in just two blows for instance, and she's the type who wants more of a challenge. But against powerful undead, who also happen to be susceptible to fire...the Bane sword is very useful, and worth all the money she's been spending on it.

Next place to hunt will be Fort Vlastarus, a place she has been in before, and is pretty sure contains more vampires. Vlastarus is also on her map. After this fort, the final place to search (the Ayleid ruin) is probably one she had spotted from a distance, but hadn't visited yet. It is supposed to be 'east of Skingrad', and there are no Ayleid ruins on her map at all in this general area, but she did note some white-looking buildings in the distance last time she was in this area. So some camping and hardcore exploring might be required.*

In fact, there was an Ayleid ruin called Silorn nearby, but this place is sealed up tight with magic, according to the party's two magic-users.

Good news was: the party managed to find a camp with three tents & bedrolls, and a campfire already roaring. Perhaps this camp formerly belonged to the group of goblins that'd been scouting nearby?

*Some of my other characters go off the beaten path a lot, like Lady Saga. RG3 tends to stay on it though, mostly. She's not as 'random' as somebody like Saga or Joanie is.

I love the Ayleid ruins. I can always go off the beaten path to explore them.
Winter Wolf
Renee- Thanks! I am in love the prologue dungeon under normal circumstances, I feel it is a smooth introduction into the game and I never skip it. This time it was very surreal- I could sense that the Emperor was trying to hide his knowledge of his twin from Baurus and was part of some secret plan that he has set up.

My character has not even let me on to what is going on. It must be some secret family plot!

Diseases contracted 111. Wow! Are they all from vampire attacks, or does your character spend their days lurking in the sewers. laugh.gif

SubRosa- I have just used the original version of Uriel. I chose a Breton and just clicked random about 4 or 5 times and a doppelganger of Uriel appeared. It shocked me. Same eyes, same tired skin, same weight. Scary.

I love the Nexus mod you linked. Wow! That bald Patrick Stewart is perfect!
mirocu
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 9 2017, 09:39 AM) *

I have some time off work this month so I decided to start a new character after a twelve month hiatus from Oblivion.

Welcome back to the fold, WW! goodjob.gif

---------------------

Lothran was supposed to reach Chorrol tonight but a slight change of plans prohibited that. Having rested on the Orange, he suddenly noticed a cave to the north. A cave he suspected he hadn't been to - Underpall Cave. And sure enough, the interior was dim to him. So down the rabbit hole he went, and good thing too! It was a very interesting cave/fort hybrid of a sort he's never experienced before. A necro one to boot but in the huge system with multiple rooms and hallways, he could only find one lousy Adept. The rest of the inhabitants were just various undead - now fully dead wink.gif
Acadian
Renee - Ahh, another beautiful day in RG III's world for vampire hunting! biggrin.gif

Wolf - Great that you're back to playing Oblivion again! Good luck with Brother Septim the Breton. tongue.gif

Mirocu - How magical, after all this time, for Lothie to find an unexplored cave! I'm glad he enjoyed it and emerged safely. Chorrol can wait. smile.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 10 2017, 12:20 AM) *

Diseases contracted 111. Wow! Are they all from vampire attacks, or does your character spend their days lurking in the sewers. laugh.gif

A lot of those diseases have been contracted from vampire hunting, yes, but there's also the fact that I've got a hygiene mod in her game. In her early days, RG3 was always getting sick because she didn't bathe! :yuck: She began bathing at some point because one of her followers taught her the value of good hygiene, and now she can't get enough of bathhouses, and even just standing in rain! biggrin.gif

LOL @ that Patrick Stewart mod! laugh.gif

--------------------------------

Middas, Second Seed 1

Days Passed: 248

Beautiful sunny day, emphasis on the word 'sunny!' Haili seems to have left the group overnight, and none of the others knows where she went. Some initial searching was done (with Renee's new Bracers of Life Detecting 105' equipped) but the mage from Cheydinhal was nowhere to be found. Oh well, cannot delay.

By mid-morning, the party had found Howling Cave, and turned north. Fort Vlastarus is supposed to be directly north from here. And Vlastarus was indeed found just an hour later. There were some roaming goblins nearby which had to be taken care of first, and the 'RG3 Dream Team' downed these in mere minutes.

Once again, the plan would be for Lady Gade to lure the vampires out of Vlastarus, where the rest of her gang (Fel, Jada, and Arraya) would be ready to pounce. Renee sipped a bottle of Shadowbanish Wine as she walked into the fort with full confidence. This time, things were much different. Renee was able to take care of three vampires (including their leader, who'd been calling herself the Baroness of Vlastarus Castle) all by herself! ... and she'd even forgotten to bring her fire-based swords, too. Odd.

The final group of vampires refused to follow her outside, though. Since they were concentrated into one room, Renee ran back outside and gathered up the three she'd left there. As a foursome, they demolished these vampires within a minute or so. These ones seemed to be tougher than the rest, maybe it's because they refused to leave their darkened environment, and therefor maintained their full vampire power. indifferent.gif

Since the village of Oranstad was nearby, the party headed here for the night, rather than going all the way to Skingrad.

mirocu
Lothran has entered Chorrol and spent a night at the Oak and Crosier. So nice to be back here in this fine town!

Very little resistence on the Orange and most particular and noteworthy was the no-show bandit who usually stands by a rock beside the road passing the Chorrol wall enroute to the North gate. There has always been one there but not now, nor was there a minotaur by the gate!

Someone seems to have beaten Lothran to the punch. Literally tongue.gif
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 12 2017, 02:43 PM) *

and most particular and noteworthy was the no-show bandit who usually stands by a rock beside the road passing the Chorrol wall enroute to the North gate. There has always been one there but not now, nor was there a minotaur by the gate!

Someone seems to have beaten Lothran to the punch. Literally tongue.gif

Or maybe all those baddies are just finding new places to lurk and stalk, ha ha ha.

Decrepit
My decrepit avatar stands in Weye Manor foyer, clad in Champion's greaves and chestpiece, leather boots and blue hood, a quiver of arrows on his back. He is about to walk to the Imperial City to gather assignments for the day, consisting of a road patrol of Gold to Skingrad, two commercial shipping consignments to Skingrad, and a tax gathering commission for wherever the clerk specifies. (This last will not be fulfilled until it coincides with a like road patrol.) Being the patrol it is, he has, as is common practice, allowed his ward to sleep in and breakfast at her leisure while he visits the capital. He himself broke fast with a boar meat, goat cheese, egg and muffin breakfast sammich washed down with stout and polished off with passion fruit, watching the dawn sky brighten over the capital from his third floor private balcony perch.

The previous day saw them wake in Bruma's Fighters Guild basement sleeping quarters, gather shipping consignments, grab a quick breakfast at Olav's (Vil abstained), and ride mountainous trails to Cheydinhal to deliver said shipments. The trip was marred in being blanketed in heavy fog to the halfway point, then not long afterward being subjected to a steady snow that persisted almost to Cheydinhal. They battled the usual suspects en route; lots of bears, too many ogres, one bandit, a cat, an imp. They reached their destination mid afternoon, dropped off packages and, Vilja yet again not being hungry, immediately departed the city. Not far along the Blue they spotted an engagement in the distance. Galloping forward, this proved to be two glass armored bandits accosting a patrolling legionnaire, who seemed to be getting the worst of the situation. The gang joined the fray and were able to save the trooper but not, alas, his horse. Be that as it may they continued on, eventually crossing Lake Rumare via East Bridge and following Perimeter Road to Chestnut Handy Stables, at which point they dismounted, tethered their beasts, put Wolfgang on guard duty, and entered the Imperial City for a formal supper at The Foaming Cask. That done they rode home, arriving at the Manor circa 2145. Being late my avatar bid his ward goodnight and retired to his bed posthaste.

The day prior they patrolled the Silver to Bruma, but I'll spare you details of that venture.
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 13 2017, 01:14 AM) *

Or maybe all those baddies are just finding new places to lurk and stalk, ha ha ha.

I like to think they heard of his coming wink.gif

@Decrepit - So nice to get a report from the Crusader again, I had almost given up! smile.gif
Winter Wolf
Thanks Mirocu and Acadian! It is so nice to be playing a game that has proper exploring again. Beth did it so well in Oblivion/FO3 and so bad in Skyrim/FO4. In the second two games I feel like I am just moving through an area- not hunting down every nook and cranny like this great game.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 12 2017, 07:43 PM) *

Lothran has entered Chorrol and spent a night at the Oak and Crosier. So nice to be back here in this fine town!

I see that Lothran is living the high life in Chorrol. My characters can only ever afford the Grey Mare.

I doubt that Lothran would ever see the down and out side of Bravil....down in the 3rd class with Buffy and City Swimmer. laugh.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 15 2017, 02:29 AM) *

I doubt that Lothran would ever see the down and out side of Bravil....down in the 3rd class with Buffy and City Swimmer. laugh.gif

If there is a downside of Bravil then yes, he has a hard time seeing it from the balcony right outside his house wink.gif
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Mar 14 2017, 02:38 PM) *

@Decrepit - So nice to get a report from the Crusader again, I had almost given up! smile.gif

I know, right? Since I've been taking a hiatus from RG3's game, there's nobody really patrolling the roads of Cyrodiil, in fact there's a vampire flying around on her broom lately. Thing is, that vampire rarely touches down, and when she does, it's rarely on a road. Therefore, Decrepit's avatar probably won't get to down her, heh heh heh....
mirocu
Lothran is now in the Imperial City Waterfront. He wants to keep moving and not be stagnant in yet another town so he will travel back and forth a lot. Stagnation is for winter time smile.gif

Maybe he will even see a flying vampire? laugh.gif
Renee
It must be so neat to be "stagnant" for so long, and then all the sudden you're active again. Yeah, I totally get it now.

IPB Image

Turdas, Second Seed 2

Two pleasant surprises: 1). it's sunny again. By now, it's been well over a week since it rained. And 2). there's a magic shop the party had previously ignored in the past, here in the mod-added village of Oranstad. Best of all... this shop's owner can recharge items! Unfortunately, Renee only has 243 gold at the moment, but this will be useful information in the future, when she has much more to spend.

Later while looking for those Ayleid ruins, they found a place called Nornalhorst, but by the time they'd found it the sun was hanging low to the west. Making a snap-decision, they all decided to head to Skingrad after all. Money was needed, and there were things to sell, gear to repair.

As the party passed by a small camp (Collarbone Camp), the body of Haili, the Altmer mage from Cheydinhal, was finally found. sad.gif She'd apparently wandered off the previous day, and got herself killed by a gang of cutthroat bandits. But it looks as though she'd put up a fight.

Anyway, RG3 held a short bit of prayers for Haili, even though she was a non-believer. Haili is the one who taught Renee Gade III all about proper bathing. biggrin.gif
Acadian
Nice to see so much activity in Cyrodiil what with summer quickly approaching.

Good to see the Decrepit Champion on duty. salute.gif

I know that Lothran's boots will gather no moss this time of year. happy.gif

Aww, poor Haili - RIP. sad.gif
Winter Wolf
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 16 2017, 12:05 AM) *

Nice to see so much activity in Cyrodiil what with summer quickly approaching.

Summer? Melbourne is still 30 degrees C this week and has humidity like the swamps of Blackmarsh. If summer is approaching I am in big trouble. laugh.gif

Braden Septim (twin brother of Uriel) has already popped into Weynon Priory and demanded a coronation from Jauffre and be announced as the next Emperor. He could not understand why the Amulet of Kings kept slipping off from his neck. Jauffre looked up from his book. "I am sorry but that is not how the plan of of succession works."

"But the nephews are dead, I read about it in the Black Horse Courier!" Braden complained.

"Yes, but as you know there is another child, an illegitimate one."

Braden slapped his forehead. "The serving wench. I remember now!"

"Your job, Braden, is to go to Kvatch and bring Martin back here. He is serving as a priest in the temple at Kvatch."

"That would be right," Braden grumbled, "They always turn into priests...."

"Please be careful. The servants of Mehrunes Dagon are on the lookout for anybody connected to the Elder Council."

Braden thought about it for a moment. "So, if something would happen to Martin, an unfortunate accident, perhaps, then the plan of succession would fall on my shoulders."

Jauffre nodded. "I suppose that is correct."

Steps sounded on the floorboards and the door slammed in the room below.

Jauffre's eyes blinked at the empty study.

Travelling south Braden has gotten lost in the Colovian wilderness.

He is now wet and drenched and hurling curses at the Nine. Darkness has fallen and he has stumbled into the Gottshaw Inn.
Acadian
laugh.gif Jauffre sends Braden to Kvatch so brother can knock off nephew and become Emperor. Got it! biggrin.gif
Renee
Ha ha ha what a delightful little tale there. I'm amazed Jauffre did not confuse Braden for the real thing. wink.gif You owe us a picture, WW.

Hey, you have humidity in Australia too? I always thought it was dry/desert there.

Winter Wolf
Acadian- Thanks! I had no idea what plans Braden had up his sleeve until he started muttering to me on the Red Ring Road. I was shocked! How dare he!

Renee- Braden has dyed his hair a dark color so the Imperial Guard will not recognize him. Jauffre must have seen through the disguise. I play on Xbox 360 so pics are harder, not impossible. In other words- lazy I am. Lol.

Melbourne only has a little humidity each year. A few weeks at most. Sydney and Brisbane have 4-6 months of humidity each year. Yuck! When it does hit all we do is complain. Good thing I do not live north. Ha!

Tongues of forked lightning impale the darkness of the vast sky.

Two men are buffeted by the harsh wind that sweeps across the broad plateau.

“What in the Oblivion is that?” asked Braden, gesturing at the dark walls in front of him.

“My Lord- that is Oblivion.”

“You cannot be serious.”

“Oh yes, I am, very serious,” replied Savlian Matius, “The minions of foul magic have raised the gate right out the front of the city. It was an impossible battle- many died before we could evacuate the civilians.”

“But, but.....I have to get inside the chapel.”

“I am sorry, my Lord, but you are going nowhere until we remove the threat and save the town.”

“Well, raise an army, or something, and attack the damn place,” Braden fumed.

“We have sent a request to the Elder Council, and are holding position until we hear back.”

Braden removed a silk cloth from his tunic and wiped it across his forehead. “Is there nothing else you can do, Captain?” His eyes showed signs of despair.

Savlian took a deep breath. “I have sent a small attack force into the gate in an attempt to see what we are up against. Some of my best men are inside that place. We have not heard back from them either.”

Braden turned and looked around, folding the cloth over in his hand. “This place is damn hot. Anywhere I could get a drink?”

“No, my Lord. All of our resources are devoted to caring for the sick and infirmed.”

“You have no bar, or anything?”

Savlian paused. “Well, I suppose there is the tavern down the road, my Lord. The Gottshaw Inn.”

Braden exploded. “That place of vile wickedness! By the Nine! The Bosmer there tried to water the beer on me last night. He thinks I didn’t notice. When I become Emperor the first thing I will do is burn that building to the ground!”

Savlian’s eyes blinked slowly. His hand clenched and unclenched on his sword.

Braden moved a step backwards. “Alright Captain, I will leave the situation in your capable hands. You are doing a great job. Ahh, which way is Anvil?”

Braden Septim has since burst into Anvil and demanded an audience with Countess Umbranox, wanting to borrow her garrison to march up the hill and attack the gate at Kvatch. He was told to wait until the morning.

Fuming he enters the Fighters Guild looking for the person in charge.

He is told that he must join the Guild first....

laugh.gif
mirocu
Lothran is currently back at Cloud Top. Dunno when he was there last time smile.gif
Renee
Ha ha ha that's funny...there's a scary Oblivion gate and Braden wants to run off to the nearest pub! blink.gif Braden does seem like he's not really Hero of Kvatch material, huh?

Why did Lothran go to Cloud Top? Any particular reason?
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 19 2017, 12:15 AM) *

Why did Lothran go to Cloud Top? Any particular reason?

Nah, just because biggrin.gif

Nice views up there smile.gif
Renee
Been awhile since any of mine have been to Cloud Top. smile.gif

Fredas, Second Seed 3

Days Passed: 250

Fame: 18
Infamy: 5

Party got a late start after spending the night in Skingrad. Walked back to Collarbone Camp, to pay respects for their fallen friend. sad.gif

By the time they got here, it was late afternoon, and the sun was going down, with rain threatening. If there were any vampires in Nornalhorst, it would be better to start on them tomorrow.

Winter Wolf
What level is your character now, Renee? How many hours?

Did you +5 level or just play the game as is?
Renee
She is Level 13 now, but probably 12 back when I was making these updates. Today is RG3's birthday by the way. cake.gif

OH whoa. 348 hours, 17 minutes, and 6 seconds is her save. I had no idea it was this high! The save size is only like 15 mb too, so that's a pretty good sign that there's no bloat going on.

I rarely +5 anything. Heck, it's rare any of my Oblivion characters get over +3! I have nothing against +5 though. Just rarely happens that way.

What is Braden up to?

---------------------

Loredas, Second Seed 4

Light fog in the air, but not too chilly today. The party gets up early. Since Nornalhorst is so close by, they don't have far to travel.

And it turns out there are vampires in Nornalhorst! And we've got all day to banish them, hee hee. The hours flew by though, and Nornalhorst is a big place. Even though Renee spent all day luring vampires out of there (and occasionally just killing them in inside the ruins) the job did not get done entirely on this day. In all, Renee counted just 5 vampire dusts as the sun went down. The party probably killed more like seven though.
Winter Wolf
Wow! 300+ hours. That is really neat. smile.gif I rarely go past 200 hours before I want to try a new character. Hopefully I will stick at it this time. Have you seen the A-bomb glitch now you are over 300?

Glad to see those pesky vamps sorted out. The ruins in Oblivion are huge, aren't they. And heaps of fun.

Braden is up to no good in Anvil. I will post another update soon!
mirocu
So far this season Lothran has re-visited two locations he hasn't been to in years; Cloud Top and today the Ayleid ruin of Lindai. Really fun to see these places again, and just to complete the trilogy he will later this year re-visit Nenalata smile.gif
Renee
Ah, Lindai...that name rings a bell. I think one of mine has been there within recent history ("recent" meaning within the last 8 months, lol).

Wolf: I am usually really lucky with characters, most of them last a long time, it's rare I lose interest. But 348 hours is about the time I'd see one of my older games on PS3 bite it, since that's when the A-bomb showed up (twice) on PS3. The A-bomb shows up more on PC, but luckily it's pretty easy to get rid of.

Braden is up to no good in Anvil. I will post another update soon!

Awesome. Braden seems rather mercurical, ha ha.
mirocu
Today was a rainy day, so Lothran decided to go dungeon diving.

First one was a re-visit of Narfinsel, the Ayleid ruin. Then he thought to re-visit Fort Carmela, but it turned out to be a first visit! I'm surprised we haven't been there before! ohmy.gif

Fun it was either way, as it was full of vamps biggrin.gif Found a few things of interest plus a bunch of vampire dust to add to the collection of course.
Renee
WHAT? You've never been to Carmala? Sheesh, should I also as if Lothrean has ever been to Hackdirt? Lol.

Sundas, Second Seed 5

Day two of Nornalhorst, a brilliant, sunny day too. Good. Today turned out to be the day that Nornalhorst's leader was taken down. Another signet ring collected (three out of three) so now the party was ready to return to the Imperial City.

But today is Sundas, and it'd been awhile since they had been back to Kvatch. After taking a vote, the party decided to head to Kvatch first, before going back to the I.C. They'd stay overnight in Skingrad, but would head toward Kvatch on the morrow. And stay there until Middas, so Renee could participate in another arena match.

First thing to do though after this exhausting day would be to head to Skingrad's chapel, and pray to the Nine. Renee was sick with yellow tick and (once again) polyporic hemophilia.

On Morndas, it was time to leave. You know you've been in Skingrad too long when even Gunder manages to run out of money.
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 25 2017, 06:32 PM) *

WHAT? You've never been to Carmala? Sheesh, should I also as if Lothrean has ever been to Hackdirt? Lol.

tongue.gif tongue.gif

Actually, I do think that Hackdirt is a reason he's never been there; too close to the nutjobs laugh.gif

Speaking of whom, he's currently in the Colovian Highlands on his way to Skingrad. Taking his time, of course smile.gif
Winter Wolf
QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 25 2017, 06:32 PM) *

You know you've been in Skingrad too long when even Gunder manages to run out of money.

Lol. When I play I tend to just role play the character, some grabbing heaps of gear, others leaving most behind. A friend of mine who played Oblivion in crazy amounts (2008-2010) had compulsive behavior to grab everything. He played a sneaky Orc in steel boots who would back stab every creature and grab all their gear after the battle.

I remember watching him pile everything up outside and then fast travel 3-4 times just to sell it all. He must have completed over 75% of all dungeons in the game- a lot of fast travel. Gunder must have had a field day with him. laugh.gif

Good luck in the Colovian Highlands, Mirocu. Just watch for bears!
mirocu
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Mar 26 2017, 03:43 AM) *

Good luck in the Colovian Highlands, Mirocu. Just watch for bears!

No worries; they are his friends smile.gif

Another place not previously visited in the ten years I've been playing; Fort Wooden Hand. Not much to say about it, pretty mediocre dungeon although some interesting layout. Also, the Marauders are pretty tough, even for my Spriggan. They knocked her down several times and that never happens usually.
mirocu
Lothran is now in the Imperial City. He has just done some business in the Market District, including repairing some weapons to 100 at Stonewall Shields, and he's now resting at said place.

Rain is pouring down so he's in no hurry to get back out smile.gif
Acadian
I hope Lothie enjoys his respite out of the rain in the IC. Mebbe when it lets up he can stop by the Mystic Archives and say hi to Buffy's pals Tar-Meena and Boderi Farano. happy.gif
Renee

Middas Second Seed 8

Overnight, much of the bloom of springtime suddenly ended*, and this day was quite warm. Summer was coming.

By now, the party was in Kvatch, and it was Middas, the proper day to do an Arena fight. But first, Renee Gade III buys & sells, and also picks up a new task from the castle's steward. Apparently, outlaws have returned to Fort Wariel (this is yet another of my quests, lol), and though they are not causing trouble for Kvatch directly, there have been rumors of highway robbery, with the occupants of Wariel getting fingers pointed at them as the culprits. Once again, if the party goes to Wariel, rids the outlaws, and finds proof of their misdoings, Renee and her team will earn some sort of reward.

Next, the Arena. Miss Gade took Jada (her dark elf archer) with her this time. Together they watched a match in which some other knight fought and killed one of Kvatch's "traitors." This fight took maybe a minute or two, then it was Renee's turn to go down into the Bloodworks and arrange a fight of her own.

Unlike the Imperial City, Kvatch's arena has no rules against wearing specific armor, but RG3 wore official arena armor, anyway. Brought two swords (Claymore of Jolts as a primary 2-hander, with a 1-handed Longsword of Diminishing for backup). Her opponent was a Khajiit who had performed some sort of crime as a Mythic Dawn agent in the Imperial City sewers. He brandished a bow which did some sort of magical damage, some of which was reflected by one of the rings Renee had just happened to be wearing. Still though, she took a significant amount of damage.

Her opponent managed to hit her three times before she finally got to him, so it was a good thing Jada was also getting some shots with her silver bow, from the far side of the Arena. By the time Renee got to the man with her greatsword, which had been poisoned to drain the cat-man's fatigue, all it took was a few blows and a few side-steps, and he was done.

The crowd cheered as Renee Gade III then looted the Khajiit (outlawed in the Imperial City, but allowed in Kvatch) of the man's magical bow, which she gave to Jada, and a magical daggar, which would simply be sold.

You mooove like a pregnant ahh!

The successor

* I uninstalled Betty's Springtime Overhaul because it makes it feel like summer is coming! smile.gif No more flowery fields, but Cyrodiil is still pretty.
SubRosa
Renee teamed up with Jada Pinkett!
mirocu
Have you posted some pictures of Kvatch when it's rebuilt, Renee? Otherwise I would love to see some, including the arena. I'm not too frequent in the pics thread so I might have missed them..
mirocu
Lothran has now entered Skingrad. It was a nice walk from the Imperial City which included a few fights and nice weather, last thing courtesy of fw 38eee 1 wink.gif

---------------------

Since rain poured from the sky, Lothran decided to go have some dungeon fun. First up was the necro lair Fort Linchai. Fun fun fun. Then as he was walking back to Skingrad he came upon Miscarcand and decided to re-do that one as well.

Turns out though, he has never been there either! ohmy.gif I don't know why but this year Lothran seems to knock one unexplored dungeon after another off the list.
A very interesting dungeon, to say the least. A few fights were going on as he entered the different parts of the ruin between goblins, Bitterfish goblins and various undead. A lot of nice loot as well with the Grand Prize™ of course being the ultra-rare Great Welkynd Stone! Lothran had only heard rumors about it but here it was, up for grabs! The Miscarcand King didn't like it though so he went off to have a talk with Lothran's summoned Spriggan who, needless to say, won the argument wink.gif

After all this it was finally back to Skingrad and the Fighters Guild. A good night's sleep was just what Lothran needed smile.gif
Renee
SubRosa: I am busted. Indeed, I have Jada Pinkett Smith in my game. Will is nowhere to be found, but I am planning to add Mary-Kate and Ashley as hobbits.

mirocu: Okay, I will put some Kvatch pics in the screenshot thread. Miscarcand is pretty immense, right? biggrin.gif I've only been in there a handful of times.

Turdas morning, Second Seed 9

Days Passed: 256
Level: 13

Gathered the entire party (Felrika, Jada, and Arraya) but left Kendrel the vampire hunter behind. Kendrel refuses to equip anything. And from what Renee remembers, she also does not really fight, instead choosing to hide behind those who do fight. Gabrielle also performs this odd habit. So both of them must stay behind.

Party got to Fort Wariel by late afternoon. At times, rain had been coming down torrentially. This rain managed to blind the party, so that they wound up on the wrong side of Kvatch's hill ... Instead of finding Fort Wariel, they found Shetcombe Farm! X(

Party killed most of the inhabitants of Wariel, and spent the night sleeping in this fort. Found lots of goodies, too many things to take. Felrika got some magical gauntlets, plenty of gold was found, plenty of gems and jewelry...right now Renee's horse is carrying just over 2,400 gold, which is rare.

The best item of all though was a shrouded hood which allows the wearer to have constant night eye. Renee snatched this up, of course. No more blundering in darkness, especially during combat, with only a ring with a weak light spell to see by.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 5 2017, 08:42 PM) *

SubRosa: I am busted. Indeed, I have Jada Pinkett Smith in my game. Will is nowhere to be found, but I am planning to add Mary-Kate and Ashley as hobbits.

I was just watching the Matrix movies a few weeks ago, and she was in the last two. She was really cool. And she has been awesome in Gotham.
Decrepit
My decrepit avatar and his ward are about to exit Inn of Ill Omen and resume their patrol of the Green to Bravil, last patrol of their current cycle. My avatar likes to pot his head into the Inn each Bravil patrol to make sure all's well. This visit he also replenished their booze supply.

The patrol has gone about as well as expected, except that one time he lapsed into daydreams and rode them smack into a minotaur standing in the middle of the road in plain view.

Assuming they make good time on the road, they will return home rather than spend the night in Bravil. Even should time play against them they are apt to begin their homeward journey and stop en route to sleep at their property in Faregyl Village.
mirocu
I'm not a Crusader and I know he has his orders, but wouldn't it be a neat idea to also make patrol down to Leyawiin while they are so close to it?

Either way, real nice to know they are out there cleaning up the roads! happy.gif
Decrepit
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 6 2017, 03:23 AM) *

I'm not a Crusader and I know he has his orders, but wouldn't it be a neat idea to also make patrol down to Leyawiin while they are so close to it?

Either way, real nice to know they are out there cleaning up the roads! happy.gif

You'd think it would make sense, but the Legion doesn't see it that way. Leyawiin comes second in the patrol cycle, following Anvil. Bravil comes last. My avatar has no say in the matter.

Anvil/Skingrad is a similar situation. As mentioned, Anvil is the first patrol of a cycle. Skingrad is the penultimate patrol, just before Bravil.

From a pure gaming standpoint making each pair two separate patrols works out for the best. Otherwise there would be two less patrols to accomplish per cycle, and my avatar is hurting for meaningful tasks to perform as it is. I wish the mod's tax collecting system was more elaborate than it is. That could be a full-time job in and of itself. As it stands, only taxes from the wilderness inns are collected. This works at well when combined with road patrols, but why not add tax collection from the various city merchants? A small complaint...the mod asks too money money from an innkeeper each tax payment. No wilderness innkeeper could earn enough money to owe that much in taxes, not as often as my avatar collects them. I suspect the mod creator set the amount assuming most player might collect taxes once in a blue moon if that often and call it a day. A larger amount makes sense in that case.

----------------------------------------------------

Here's a rehash of the patrol, this time covered from start to finish. Lot's of redundancy here. I originally wrote it for posting on another forum <blushes> but don't want to waste the effort on having it seem in only that one place.

​My decrepit avatar and his ward just arrived home, bringing to conclusion their journey to from Weye to the Imperial City to Bravil to Faregyl Village and at last back to Weye Manor. They were of course performing a patrol of the Green as assigned by the IC White Tower Department of Justice. Bravil is the final patrol in the Cycle, its completion earning them another monetary reward. They'll began another patrol cycle in a day or two, with an assignment to patrol the Gold to Anvil.

As for the Bravil patrol, they as normal supplemented it with shipment deliveries to that city as commissioned by the Gold Horse Courier and Merchants Guild. They made decent time on the way out, reaching their destination mid-late afternoon. My avatar would have liked to pause for a meal once both packages had been delivered, but Vilja wasn't hungry. That being the case they began the return journey posthaste. They could not make it all the way back to Weye that day without staying up far into the night, which my avatar had no intention of doing. They therefore stopped in Faregyle Village, where they ate supper at the local inn and spent the night at their Faregyle estate (such as it is). Up next morning at his preferred hour of 6am, they dressed, grabbed a quick breakfast at the inn, and rode home, arriving in time for lunch, which they were preparing to depart for (Wawnet Inn) when I left them.

As to the patrol itself, what can I say? It was a patrol much like any other. Ride, spot criminal scum or nefarious beast, give it a taste of Cyrodiilic justice, rinse and repeat until reaching Bravil. The trip's highlight, or lowlight depending of perspective, was when my avatar got to daydreaming and rode them smack into a minotaur standing in the middle of the road. Not that it mattered all that much. They were in no real danger of being bested by the beast. Almost forgot to mention that they paid a brief visit to Inn of Ill Omen to replenish a somewhat depleted travel-food supply.
Renee
As it stands, only taxes from the wilderness inns are collected. This works at well when combined with road patrols, but why not add tax collection from the various city merchants?

I could totally add this, I bet. Well, it depends how complicated and ambitious it gets, but I bet I could add extra tax collection from town merchants if it's just basic scripts and quest-making. What mod adds the tax collector stuff?

SubRosa: I have tried twice to watch the Matrix and I always zone out / have trouble following the plot. hehe.gif Dang.

---------------------------------------

Loredas, Second Seed 11[

Days Passed; 258

Party leaves Kvatch, a thousand gold richer, Five hundred from that Arena win, and five-hundred for bringing proof back to Kvatch castle's steward that the ruffians of Fort Wariel were up to no good. Best news: nobody died this time.

Reached Skingrad as evening was starting. The road from Kvatch to Skingrad had been rough, with some scuffles between the party and innocent travellers. This caused either Fel, Jada, or Arraya to get bounties, though Renee was able to talk the guards out of this! **

* awarded from "Another Job for the Party", which was yet another handmade quest of mine.

** a little console help? Yup. I had to!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.