Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
mirocu
@Rider - I basically only read updates here, sorry embarrased.gif
haute ecole rider
Don't apologize! If you're not into reading old fan fics, then I recommend you avoid OHDH. It's quite colossal, I'm afraid, and a real time-sucker. At least, it was for me! wink.gif No worries!
mirocu
Lothran has just come back from an excursion to Nornalhorst smile.gif

It was yet another ruin he had not explored before, the fourth in just a few days´ time. Inside he took care of a vampire infestation as well as other undead who are now without the un wink.gif He found two Varla stones and took five Welkynd stones, and he also found a book about a robbery of Nocturnal herself! He read it back at the Skingrad Fighters Guild.
Lopov
Good to hear that Cyrodiil still holds mysteries for Lothran. Oh, and that book is great, especially the ending (as always). wink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 29 2015, 10:30 AM) *

Good to hear that Cyrodiil still holds mysteries for Lothran.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup!™ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I actually thought that last night; I´ve been playing this game and this character since Feb 2007 and I still find new stuff! I have to look a little closer, but it´s still there! IPB Image

QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 29 2015, 10:30 AM) *

Oh, and that book is great, especially the ending (as always). wink.gif

I have read it before, but it still got to me!
Acadian
Yup, good to see Lothie still discovering new things. When's he going to put together an expedition to go around putting those varla stones back? wink.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 29 2015, 01:41 PM) *

Yup, good to see Lothie still discovering new things. When's he going to put together an expedition to go around putting those varla stones back? wink.gif

Around the same time I sell all my NES games... biggrin.gif
Acadian
Didn't Baa and Mooch undertake such an expedition?
mirocu
I don´t remember. Maybe they did indifferent.gif
Grits
Replanting the Nirnroot (via console) might be another non-journal quest to undertake in celebration of the next 1,000 hours that roll over. smile.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 30 2015, 04:13 PM) *

Replanting the Nirnroot (via console) might be another non-journal quest to undertake in celebration of the next 1,000 hours that roll over. smile.gif

That´s a good idea. Not sure though I´ll do it since Nirnies are still pretty common in Lothran´s world. Despite having done the Sinderion quests he still come across them quite often smile.gif
mALX

Here is someone else back from the dead running to Bravil:

http://imgur.com/a/BO89Z

Maxical's files were lost in 2012 when the laptop broke; then in fall 2013 lost all her files when the computer crashed. I was stunned to find her in 2014 when the laptop came back from the shop; and lucky thing I saved that data folder on an external drive, because the laptop crashed again this past January (2015)! I just found her on an old external drive last night!

SubRosa
Congrats for resurrecting Maxi!
ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 30 2015, 11:20 AM) *

Maxical's files were lost in 2012 when the laptop broke; then in fall 2013 lost all her files when the computer crashed. I was stunned to find her in 2014 when the laptop came back from the shop; and lucky thing I saved that data folder on an external drive, because the laptop crashed again this past January (2015)! I just found her on an old external drive last night!

Burn a CD/DVD now!!! And remember to label it tongue.gif
Acadian
MALX, that is wonderful news that you've found Maxical! As you've told me, she must have nine lives because she's a cat. biggrin.gif
Grits
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 30 2015, 11:20 AM) *

Hooray, you found her! Welcome back, Maxical!! cake.gif
mirocu
Welcome back, Maxical!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
mALX

Thank you all so much for your kind words on finding Maxical again! It means a lot, because she has been missing so long - and I seriously thought she was dead, have not been able to bring myself to play in Oblivion since I lost her.

I had brought her to Florida in the laptop for my Mom to play with her (my Mom loved Maxical's story, but had never actually seen anything but pictures of her). The laptop didn't survive the trip home from my Mom's. My Mom died shortly after that. She was the last one to play on these files, so when I found them again in fall 2014, I was very hesitant to play on them - afraid I'd accidentally save over the place where my Mom played with her.

Still, I was really happy to see Maxical survived, I thought I'd completely lost her in that PC crash in 2013; and truthfully didn't remember at the time that I'd brought her on the laptop for my Mom - didn't remember that till I saw her on there when the shop fixed the laptop.

Anyway, I was afraid to touch her, change the save my Mom had played or possibly crash the game somehow. But then this past January the laptop crashed, it had to be reformatted so I lost those Oblivion data files - once again I thought for good because the PC I had backed them up on was also crashed.

Well, I guess I was smarter than I thought, because on my old External Hard-drive there were two copies of Maxical files - one was missing the skin, but this one had everything - only missing the vanilla or modded window files, I had to fix that. (done).

The reason I can't get another copy of Maxical's files from Nexus (or where-ever) and just make a new one = DesuChan pulled and destroyed all her original Kawa files, she doesn't even have a copy herself anymore. She changed her profile name to MissiAnthrope (spelling may be off) and put up a Kawa Khajiit that wasn't as good, but I downloaded them just in case I ever lost my original data files because I'd already lost the original Kawa download file in a PC crash.

Well, I lost the secondary files in a corrupted zip file on the external hard drive; and Desu/MissiAnthrope got mad (again) and pulled her secondary Kawa off the internet too; so can't even get those anymore. Seems she noticed some files in the second had the Desu name on them and she wanted it (the name DesuChan) completely eradicated from her existence. (bad break up with the person she was with when her name was Desu)

When she gets in a fit, she pulls and destroys her work completely; doesn't just remove it from the internet. So then when she cools off, she has to start from scratch, and is not always as inspired to perfection as she was in the original works. I guess when you deal with genius on that high a level, there has to be some eccentricities involved to bring them back into the realm with us humans. Desu/MissiAnthrope is a genius, and a perfectionist. Can't find work like she does just anywhere. My only wish is that once she created something it was taken out of her control to destroy, lol.

Anyway. So Maxical went out and did two recommendation quests today. I'm stopping here because (not feeling good today) but - so SO glad she is back!

mirocu
It´s truly awesome you found your friend again, mALX! goodjob.gif

May the roads carry her safely in her journeys! happy.gif
Acadian
Aww, Buffy's elven wish for her feline friend is for green grass and cool waters. happy.gif
Destri Melarg
First of all:

MAXICAL IS BACK!! cake.gif
Congratulations mALX!

Secondly:

From the Quill of Sir Rugrat gro-Shurgak, son of Lord Rugdumph, Arena Grand Champion, and Knight of the White Stallion:

Salivations to you all! When last we converged I appraised you of the fact that I had extenuated an invocation to the fair Mazoga to accomplish me on a journal of adventure. I can now tell you that she respirated positively and that our adventure has now commensurated!

We gathered a pair of mounds and deported White Stallion Lodge early last Morndas and ventricled north along the Green Road. We watched Magnus make its assent into a clear blue sky, and commuted with the creatures for whom morning provokes indigence. With bird-song in our ears and glad tidings in our hearts we passed through Water’s Edge. At Rockmilk Cave I sublimated that we should commend the ‘adventure’ part of our excretion and have a look inside but, alas, Mazoga was too investitured in the sunlight to waist the afternoon ‘holed up in a cave.’

We continenced our way further north. And I, once again, pointed out the positatives of explicating Fort Redman across the Lower Niben. Before Mazoga could repose we were besotted by a pair of brigantines guarding the ferry near the water. They’re arrival was extremely suspicious, for I was beginning to lose patients with Mazoga’s lack of respite for the spirit of our ventricle. Bringing Volendrung to bare against one of them served proximate for the frustration I was feeling toward my beautiful wife. When I looked over I could see that she was just as perspicated with me, given the beating she was handing out. I do not mind telling you that I was glad for the insurrection of the brigantines, lest that be my head being sequestered from my body!

Having seen the extant of her anger, I suspected that our best curse of action would be to ventricle to the Shrine of Stendarr a short distance away to retrieve a blessing. Mercy is always a good thing to have. Mazoga was amelorated to the idea, thankfully, so we rode forth. Unfortunately Mazoga forgot to tie off her horse when she dismembered it, and the blasted animal disbursed into the forest to the west. Mazoga gave chase, yelling something about ‘losing her lunch.’

I followed, and it wasn’t long before we happenstanced upon several starving people convoluting a shrine to a bearded human. There was a Breton ravening about bugs, a nord ravening about children, an altmer ravening about light, and an argonian who used to be a dog. All pointed us toward a dunmer in white robes and a fur helmet. Ferul Ravel was the name he tended and, after telling me how he killed and ate a bosmer (which, being Arena Champion, i didn’t mind as much as you may think), he deformed me that I was standing at the Shrine to Sheogorath... and for the expenditure of a lesser soul gem, a head of lettuce, and some yarn I could convocate with the lord of madness.

Needless to say I didn’t have such maternals on my personage, so I deformed Ravel that I would return once I had procreated them. I found myself noxious to placate these items because I’ve never convocated with a statue before. Once I helped Mazoga round up her horse I perspicated her to accomplish me back to Water’s Edge to begin our search.

I refrain,

- R

Water’s Edge, 2 First Seed, 4E 0

mirocu
Lothran is currently at Gottshaw Inn, ready to set a spell ( laugh.gif ). Come night he´ll explore the nearby Ayleid ruin, or re-explore if he´s been there before smile.gif

Edit: Done and done. Necrodudes are no more and after a night at the Inn, Lothran is now in Anvil. But don´t think he´s just walzing around! Oh, no. He´s busy coronating anyone he comes across! tongue.gif
Renee
Destri! rollinglaugh.gif Oh my gosh laugh.gif Lordy your orc stories kill me! laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Luaghing soo hard right now!!! laugh.gif

Unfortunately Mazoga forgot to tie off her horse when she dismembered it, and the blasted animal disbursed into the forest to the west. Mazoga gave chase, yelling something about ‘losing her lunch.’

I seriously thought I'd lose a lung after reading this, I began coughing & laughing at the same teim! I mean time!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 30 2015, 12:44 PM) *

Burn a CD/DVD now!!! And remember to label it tongue.gif

What a good idea!

That must have been a spine-tingling moment to get Maxical back! biggrin.gif I'm not so familiar with her story, but I can imagine it would be like brining back a loved one, for sure
Renee
Just got the urge to switch from RG3 to Lady Saga's game. smile.gif She is about to enter Empty Mine, which is right on the plain between the Imperial City and Cheydinhal. Really enjoying being with her again. While Renee Gade III never collects ingredients, for instance, for Saga this is a major thing. Over half her diet is leaves, berries, mushrooms, etc. RG3 prefers full meals (REAL food).

I found a 'deer companion' mod for Saga's game, so I'm really excited to see how that eventually works. Right now Saga has Maglir following her everywhere, but she keeps a couple of Imperial Legion Foresters around to guard her horse.

Oops. Shhh. She's just entered Empty Mine, time to be quiet!

mirocu
That deer mod sounds cool. Having one as a companion... don´t expect it to fight for you! tongue.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 3 2015, 02:10 AM) *

Oops. Shhh. She's just entered Empty Mine, time to be quiet!

Time to be vawy, vawy quiet.... biggrin.gif

Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 3 2015, 03:00 AM) *

That deer mod sounds cool. Having one as a companion... don´t expect it to fight for you! tongue.gif

Yeah I don't think it does. I think she'll be able to ride on it, but when a fight happens the deer is triggered to run & hide.

There were goblins in Empty Mine, which LS took care of, no probs. We don't have to be quiet any more. biggrin.gif

mirocu
That´s awesome biggrin.gif

Btw, Yesterday I made save number 20.000! laugh.gif
Acadian
Destri - Love the creative quillings of Sir Rugrat! laugh.gif

Renee - So Empty Mine is now. . . empty! Good job with the goblin huntin'. goodjob.gif

Mirocu - Buffy loves the Gottshaw Inn. I think mostly because of the wonderful stable facility. The inn there was always a welcome respite while Kvatch was burning. And I see Lothie helped out the guild by by taking care of some pesky necrodudes. 20,000 saves? Wow! blink.gif
Destri Melarg
Renee & Acadian - Awww, thanks guys!

Renee - Having a deer companion who bolts at the first sign of trouble is still more useful than dragging Maglir around!

'rocu - 20,000 saves is insane! biggrin.gif
mirocu
What can I say? I´m a compulsive saver! laugh.gif

Lothran just cleared out Fort Strand outside of Anvil. Quite boring actually kvleft.gif We both much prefer Ayleid ruins smile.gif
Renee
Saga is somewhere above 2,500 saves. I thought that was a lot.

Destri: very welcome. Now let me go strafe up Skyrim. And you have a very eradicable day.

Lopov
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 30 2015, 05:20 PM) *

Good to see that you're reunited with Maxical. I'm more familiar with another character of yours (Dagoth Malan), but I remember Maxical especially because of her unique race.

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Apr 2 2015, 01:04 AM) *
Salivations to you all!

rollinglaugh.gif

Great story!
mirocu
Today Lothran left Anvil and is yet again in Skingrad. He has taken up on his failed quest from last year; getting one cuirass from each city smile.gif
Callidus Thorn
Today, Dranos Mathendis, a Sorcerer from Vvardenfell, arrived in the Imperial City. He's currently in a room at the All Saints Inn, with no money, because neither his luggage nor his coinpouch made it out of the Waterfront District.

At least he's still got his armour and his spellbook. biggrin.gif

Edit: And he's already being different from my other characters. He's the first character I've had who's looked at some of the stuff in the tutorial and just left it. He also kind of freaked out when he saw the zombie, lots of backpedalling and failing casts(trying to use flare without enough magicka).
Renee
Awesome. Good to see you and your new one, CT. Been missing you a bit.
Acadian
Welcome to Dranos! And Renee's right - nice to see you back in TES land. smile.gif
mirocu
Lothran is moving swiftly through Cyrodiil now. Both Anvil and Skingrad are behind him and he now finds himself back in Chorrol (much like myself! laugh.gif ) on his quest to acquire all the town cuirasses. But he also finds time to dungeon dive. In fact, last night he went through a previously undelved Ayleid ruin! And it´s not even remotely located; Wendir just south of Chorrol! How has he not been there before?? blink.gif

Anyway, not a fun dungeon if you ask me. It sort of felt like it was all over the place, but at least Lothran got something nice out of it to add to his collection! wink.gif
Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 9 2015, 01:57 AM) *

Awesome. Good to see you and your new one, CT. Been missing you a bit.

Hug_emoticon.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 9 2015, 02:05 AM) *

Welcome to Dranos! And Renee's right - nice to see you back in TES land. smile.gif

It's good to be back biggrin.gif

Dranos tells me he's been having quite a bad run of late. He's just gotten back from a 2 year posting to the Balmora guildhall. His enchanted gear was destroyed taking down some rogue mages near Pelagiad, so his armour's mere iron, which he's not happy about. He owes Aurelinwae at the Mystic Emporium thousands of septims for storing his possessions while he was away, so his home, Frostcrag Spire, isn't suitable for living in yet. And to top things off, he can't resume his post at the Arcane University because Traven's changed the rules, and despite having been a member of the Guild for over a century, 80 years of which he spent in Cyrodiil, he has to go through the process of gaining recommendations from all the guildhalls. But at the moment he has no choice. Oh, and he got ambushed by a highwayman on the way to Chorrol, so his armour's a bit dented.

He's currently at the Chorrol guildhall, because Angalmo owes him a couple of hundred septims from before Dranos left, and there's not an inn in Cyrodiil that he can afford at the moment.
Renee
Cool, I love that. I actually love that he is forced to return to cheap iron armor, and do some recommendations. You always come up with some great backstories, CT.

For those who don't know, CT, Lopov, and I formed our own trio of Oblivion writers over at Beth's forums a couple years ago. Those were the days. Marcos in particular was one of my faves.

mirocu: Sheesh, you and Lothie have never been to Wendir?? .. You would know if he's been there or not; Wendir contains a particularly important ummm... item. If it's not there, I would venture Lothran has been inside this place, but you simply don't recall this.
Acadian
Mirocu - Glad to see Lothie not gathering dust. This is his traveling season after all. smile.gif

CT - Dranos sounds fun and certainly reflects plenty of thought on your part. Wow, the University is a bit pedantic about those recommendations, no?

Renee - Neat about the fic group. During 2009 and early 2010 there was a nice active BethSoft fanfic group over there that included me, mALX, SubRosa, Grits, Rider, treydog, Winter Wolf, Destri, bobg and a few others. What killed it was BethSoft's change to a format that was. . . unfriendly to fiction posting. So we all came over here around March of 2010 and were know as 'treydog babies' since he was already well-established here. laugh.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 9 2015, 10:41 AM) *

What killed it was BethSoft's change to a format that was. . . unfriendly to fiction posting. So we all came over here around March of 2010 and were know as 'treydog babies' since he was already well-established here. laugh.gif

Really? Wow what happened? Sorry if this off-topic, but I'm super-curious. We can continue this conversation in some other forums here at Chorrol, if you like. wHAT were Beth's changes though?
Acadian
They changed to wide blank gaps on left and right, leaving only about the middle 2/3 of the screen available for posts (they later fixed this one, but too late for us). They went to their currenly eye-painful dark background with white lettering. There were a couple other small changes I don't recall. The changes were okay for normal posting purposes, but completely unfriendly for longer posts like fanfic episodes that often run 1000-2000 words. That format change combined with a couple other long-existing irritants (locking threads at 200 posts and purging old threads periodically) combined to cause us to seek another home.

So we all packed up our marbles and came here. Beautiful format for longer posts, no locking threads at 200 posts, old threads are never purged unless requested and a smaller more cordial group of writers. Basically, heaven for fan fic writers. smile.gif
gpstr
At the moment, Tina the Imperial is parked outside Shetcombe Farm, as I mod the interior for her.

Tina was purpose-built to be a fine, upstanding, honorable Champion. About 2/3 of the way through the MQ, she went through some sort of mid-life crisis. She just increasingly didn't fit the role I had intended for her - as I got to know more about her, I just became more and more aware of how stifled she felt and how much she wanted to get out of that role.

During the Battle of Bruma, one of the city guards stepped in front of her sword and got himself killed, and when she got the visit from Lucien, she jumped at the chance.

She finished up her responsibilities for the Empire (and I didn't realize then that that was significant), then hit the road to Cheydinhal and her new life as an assassin.

The significance of the fact that, unhappy as she was with her role as champion and eager as she was for a change, she still went ahead and fulfilled her existing responsibilities, is that she still has that core of decency and honor. I didn't even realize that at the time, but even when she was working as an assassin, it was still there, and when things went wrong in the DB, it came to the fore. She ended up having to make some really hard choices then, and it's taken her a long time and a lot of mostly miserable soul-searching to start to get a grip on her life. She's spent most of that time just wandering.

She fairly recently came to some decisions and dealt with some things, and is now starting to settle down a bit. And she needed a place where she could stop wandering for a while. She owns most of the houses, but none of them were quite right - she just doesn't want to be around that many people, particularly when they're always going on about the whole CoC business. But she doesn't want to be in the middle of nowhere either - she did that for a while, in a very isolated house high in the Jeralls, and it was a good thing for her then, but now that she's starting to feel a bit more at ease, she just doesn't like the idea of being that cut off from the rest of the world.

Some time back, she discovered Whitcombe Farm and really liked it there - it's a very tranquil spot, and it's close to Kvatch and she's helping with the rebuilding there. At that time, I tried to mod the interior for her, but ran into issues because the original is involved in a side quest, so has some objects related to that quest in it that really shouldn't be messed with. Over the past couple of days, I've been pondering and testing different houses and such for her, but none of them were quite right. And I kept thinking about Shetcombe.

Yesterday, just like a bolt out of the blue, I figured out how to deal with Shetcombe. I just placed a duplicate of the interior nif (just the shell), then moved the original Shetcombe teleport marker and door into the duplicate, so when she activates the exterior door at the farm, it takes her to an entirely different interior. So all the quest-related stuff that needs to stay placed is still placed where it's supposed to be, and it's just that that interior is no longer accessible normally (though it's still floating there in the void if she walks through the new interior walls). So now I'm just decorating the new interior, and she's there to check out the progress. She had been in the Imperial City, so she made the trip out to Skingrad (it was late afternoon her time when she was in the IC, so she ended up stopping for the night at Rosethorn Hall). Then she continued on to Shetcombe the next morning.

Just this morning, I worked out how to do toggleable fireplaces, and placed fires in the two fireplaces. Next up is toggleable lights. It already has a bed and a couple of drawers and most of a kitchen, but no clutter and no dining or living areas. I haven't touched the exterior and I'm not going to do much with it. It does need a chair or a bench or something though - some place where she can just sit in the sun and watch the world go by.

Does that count as an update?
Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 9 2015, 03:31 PM) *

Cool, I love that. I actually love that he is forced to return to cheap iron armor, and do some recommendations. You always come up with some great backstories, CT.

For those who don't know, CT, Lopov, and I formed our own trio of Oblivion writers over at Beth's forums a couple years ago. Those were the days. Marcos in particular was one of my faves.

Heh, Dranos is actually a character I came up with for an RP on another forum that takes place around the time of Skyrim, but I got the urge to play Oblivion so I wound the clock back on him. All those little details about his return just popped up while playing, so it pretty much was just him telling me about it.

And now I'm getting the itch to start writing some more about him. ohmy.gif Might find myself typing something up later.

Ah, Marcos. He was so much fun to write, all that arrogance biggrin.gif Maybe I'll have to get back to posting over at Bethsoft again...

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 9 2015, 03:41 PM) *

CT - Dranos sounds fun and certainly reflects plenty of thought on your part. Wow, the University is a bit pedantic about those recommendations, no?

I've never been able to take Traven seriously. Besides being paranoid about necromancy, his changes haven't exactly improved the Guild. I figure he's the type to put paperwork ahead of common sense. smile.gif
Lopov
QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 9 2015, 08:48 AM) *
But he also finds time to dungeon dive. In fact, last night he went through a previously undelved Ayleid ruin!
I don't recall right now where exactly it's located but the name is familiar enough for me to remember which goodie did Lothran find inside. wink.gif

Nice to see you back, CT, so another Dunmer, eh? No surprise. bigsmile.gif I wish him luck on his way through the recommendations and beyond.

Renee, those were fun times indeed when we used to write a lot at Beth. I haven't been playing Oblivion since...October 2013, I think, but I will come back at some point. Some point. cool.gif I'm still too hooked to Skyrim, especially now that it's modded to suit my tastes perfectly.
Renee
Yea, Marcos was awesome. I still remember him walking through some bad weather, cursing to the Gods because it was raining on him! hehe.gif Looking forward to Dranos too.

And Lopov I definitely have memories of Falador. And Edlar the Nose and a couple others.

QUOTE(gpstr @ Apr 9 2015, 12:27 PM) *

Does that count as an update?

Of course it does! At least you stay on-topic (Oblivion) unlike myself.

Tina sounds like quite a handful, walking away from your intentions like that. I've only had this happen really once, with a character I made long ago. Twice, actually. Eradi~Kate refused to finish the Dark Brotherhood. Almost forgot about her.
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 9 2015, 04:31 PM) *

mirocu: Sheesh, you and Lothie have never been to Wendir?? .. You would know if he's been there or not; Wendir contains a particularly important ummm... item. If it's not there, I would venture Lothran has been inside this place, but you simply don't recall this.

I saw directly on the local map that we´ve never been there before smile.gif And if you read my post carefully you´d notice we did get that item.. wink.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 9 2015, 04:41 PM) *

Mirocu - Glad to see Lothie not gathering dust. This is his traveling season after all. smile.gif

Yes indeed. Though I have noticed I sometimes forget that and get stationary in whatever town we visit. It´s like we can´t get out of our Bruma coma mentality... laugh.gif But now I make sure we move on, and it´s always fun to re-re-revisit the towns instead of waiting for the next year smile.gif

Tonight said Dunmer got a Chorrol cuirass, but he had to take it from a sleeping guard as there is no spare cuirass anywhere. So right now there´s a guard prancing around the Oak plaza in a blacksmith oufit laugh.gif
Callidus Thorn
A little something I threw together this evening. It's a little rough, but so's everything I write wink.gif

Chorrol, part 1

Dranos had barely walked in the door of the Chorrol guildhall before the familiar serpentine tone greeted him. “Dranos, it'ss good to ssee you again my friend.”

“Teekeeus! They moved you over to Chorrol? I didn't think they'd ever pry you away from Leyawiin.” Seeing his old friend was the first thing Dranos had had to smile about since coming back to Cyrodiil.

Teekeeus' mouth widened in the closest an Argonian could get to a smile in reply. “One of Traven'ss changess. Each sschool of magic hass itss own guildhall now. Chorrol is the home of conjuration now, and Traven put me in charge.”

“So you're the one I need to see about getting a recommendation then?”

Argonians are tough to read, but Dranos had known Teekeeus long enough to see when he was embarrassed. “I'm afraid sso.”

Dranos' smile faded. “What happened to the Guild Teekeeus? I've been a member for longer than Traven's been alive, half the Council of Mages could vouch for me, and I still have to go through the same process as a new recruit?”

Dranos saw the look in Teekeeus eyes as his gaze darted around the room nervously. He'd seen those eyes time and again back in Vvardenfell, when he was a member of House Telvanni. They were the eyes of someone who doesn't know who to trust, who to call friend or foe, who they can speak openly in front of. The eyes of the paranoid, and with good reason to be. “We can talk about that later my friend, in private. No one will quesstion two old friendss catching up.”

Dranos nodded. That is to say, his head twitched ever so slightly, a Telvanni Wink they called it in Vvardenfell. A tiny signal of understanding that you only saw if you knew what to look for. “Later then. Have you an empty bed here? Until I can pay to get my possessions back I can't go home.”

Teekeeus' smile reasserted itself. “Of course we do. My guildhall'ss half empty thesse days anyway. And there's space at the table for you to join uss for dinner too.”

Dranos' smile returned at that, and he laughed for the first time since leaving Vvardenfell. Teekeeus always seemed to know more than he should. “It's good to be back Teekeeus.”
Renee
goodjob.gif Time to go fetch something important.
mirocu
My gaming session was a bit ruined tonight sad.gif

First, when Lothran left Chorrol he found the horses for sale dead and the stable hand too which was a big surprise because I know I have coronated her! Then, the Odiil brothers turned out to also be uncoronated, yet another big surprise. When he reached the Imperial City the moving-through-solid-matter bug occured so Lothran fell through the Talos bridge.

Sigh. Some sessions are just bug-fixing sessions dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.