Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Acadian
Boxing with Ogres?

This is a 2:37 min vid of a player boxing 3 ogres. The reason I keep access to it is that the player uses the same 'Innocent' mod voice set that Buffy uses in Oblivion, Skyrim and Baldur's Gate II. Therefore it is a good feel for Buffy's speaking voice. The vid gets a bit repetitive but don't miss her cute comment at the end - so if you get bored, just skip to the last 15 seconds or so.
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 17 2022, 09:38 PM) *

It's always a little bit tragic when we see somebody running around without their weapon, trying to box a mountain lion or an imp or a troll. sad.gif

Did Lothran give him something to use?

No, he's still waiting for Jean-Pierre to go back to Bravil. At the moment he's just standing by the road waiting for time to pass tongue.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 18 2022, 12:06 AM) *

don't miss her cute comment at the end - so if you get bored, just skip to the last 15 seconds or so.

Saw the whole video and, well, she did end on a positive note, I must say... wink.gif
mirocu
Lothran is in Bravil and currently at the Mages Guild, doing business and relaxing.
mirocu
Having spent time in Leyawiin, Lothran is now on his way to Cheydinhal. This is the last city to be visited every year before going to the Imperial City and prepare for Bruma. Weather is nice and current location is Blankenmarch.
Acadian
Lothran is right on schedule. All is right with the world. biggrin.gif
mirocu
Yup biggrin.gif

Lothran is now at Drunken Dragon Inn having whacked a couple Azhklan trolls back at Blankenmarch prior.
Acadian
I was going to ask if he was going hunting for some grand soul gem fillers ashcan trolls on his way north from Leyawiin.
mirocu
Well, not like he used to. Back in the day he scouted the entire county of Leyawiin for them, but now he just make sure the ones at the Ayleid ruin close by are taken care of.
Lena Wolf
Trolls are having it too easy! tongue.gif They'll start breeding before you know it...
mirocu
Well if they do they'll only get abundant and reckless and then it's game time! No need to go look for them! biggrin.gif

------------------------

With rain pouring down upon leaving the Drunken Dragon, Lothran made his way north towards his next stop; the Imperial Bridge Inn. Another inn sort of on the wayside and the last one before reaching Cheydinhal. Next leg is gonna be a long one indeed.
Lopov
On a way to Bruma, right? wink.gif

This season I was quicker than Lothran - I mounted winter tires on my car before he made it home. tongue.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 18 2022, 08:50 PM) *

On a way to Bruma, right? wink.gif

Soon enough; he'll depart from Imperial City at the end of November.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 18 2022, 08:50 PM) *

This season I was quicker than Lothran - I mounted winter tires on my car before he made it home. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

------------------
Lothran is now sitting in Roland's house that's on the road to Cheydinhal. Rain has been pouring all the way from the Imperial Bridge Inn and he needed some place to dry up a bit before proceeding to Morcant's cottage for a supply run.
mirocu
Cheydinhal is quite nice, especially in rain. Lothran is glad to be there right now and has enjoyed a full day both inside and outside of town. A bandit, an ogre and two Dark Guardians (over at Fort Farragut) were disposed of before the Dunmer visited the small hamlet south of Cheydinhal.

Right now he's sitting on a bench inside the castle and prior to that he sold off a bunch of stuff to the local Orc merchant. She seems to be back in town after having been missing for a few years. Wonder where she was off to?
mirocu
Lothran is now in the Imperial City. It's late and the rain is still pouring down. He left Cheydinhal yesterday and visited Morcant and then Roxey Inn. And today he continued to the big city in preparation for the winter season.
Lena Wolf
Lena Wolf defeated Jyggalag at the end of another Greymarch last week. And she did it all on her own - without my help! ohmy.gif I was only telling the story of her second Greymarch while building Skyrim. biggrin.gif She is now relaxing in Crucible (Bernice has a new batch of her Summer wine, and that needs sampling!).
Renee
mirocu: Is the Roxey still quite a crowded place in your game? How many hours is Loth up to now?

Lena: Awesome, glad to hear you pwned the jigglelag. What do you mean she did it all her own? Lena's portrayed as an NPC in that situation?
Lena Wolf
No, I mean that I wrote the stories without actually playing it again. ohmy.gif It's fict...shhhh... no, it happened! I was just not there to see it. wink.gif
Renee
Ha ha got it! laugh.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 28 2022, 09:49 PM) *

mirocu: Is the Roxey still quite a crowded place in your game?

Well, there's the proprietoress, the old soldier (I think he was anyway) and a patron whose name I don't remember. Plus a guard drinking on a bench outside as well as a forester walking around. So inside there are only three people now after the related quest.

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 28 2022, 09:49 PM) *

How many hours is Loth up to now?

I simply don't know. I wish Oblivion had the same hour count as Fallout 3, then I would know. At this point I just keep track of how many times the counter has reset and tally up 1145-isch hours times that number, but I don't have my notes at the moment kvleft.gif

mirocu
Tonight Lothran amused himself with his usual City fun; coaxing up bandits from the Market District sewers and have them fight the guards. Upon entering the sewers he saw two bandits sleeping so he cast an AoE spell that revealed a third one more hidden in a corner.

When all was said and done up above though, only two dead bandits were found. Lothran looked all over the Market District but none were found. He therefore opted to enter the sewers again and yes; there was the third one. But when the Dunmer was noticed, the bandit didn't attack. It turned out to be yet another friendly female Khajiit bandit who acted as a highwayman as she asked for gold when entering conversation. And while normally a highwayman can't be friendlyfied with the Persuasion wheel, this one could be.

Oh, and it turns out I didn't have the number of resets written down. Only the number of Abombs kvleft.gif
Renee
Nice, so if the bandit doesn't attack, there's a chance he/she can live their life. That happened rarely back when I played a pure vanilla game. Every once in a while we'd meet a neutral baddie.

That is also fun luring them into situations like that. I'm sure Lothran has lured a few into traps as well!

mirocu
He has indeed! The Market District sewers and Bloodcrust Cavern outside Skingrad are the main ones where Lothran does this. Luring out vampires and fight them in the sun is both fun and effective laugh.gif
Lopov
Graziana, a battlemage by profession, stopped on a way to the Imperial City, where she intended to apply for a membership to the Mages Guild, by the Ayleid ruin of Sercen. Now she can't recall exactly, what had happened there, all she remembers, is that she got attacked by a group of bandits, whose weapons must have been coated with some poison, that was making her fainty with every hit. She remembers some adventurer in fur armor, that came to her aid, and she also recalls a screaming legionnaire riding on his horse in her direction, but the rest of the events remain shrouded in mystery.

As she woke up in a cold jail cell, stripped of her belongings, she didn't even have time to ask, why has she been imprisoned. Actually, she did ask one elderly man, that came in a company of his bodyguards into her cell, and it turned out that this man was Emperor Uriel Septim himself - apparently it was not important, why has she been imprisoned but what will she be remembered for from now on.

A few hours later Graziana is standing outside of the sewers of the Imperial City, the Amulet of Kings in her pockets and stains of Emperor's blood on her shirt.

Renee
Um. ohmy.gif Lopov. Is Graziana a new character you just rolled? In a game which isn't point 'n' click? But but but....

Sounds like she got duped. sad.gif She goes to Sercen to try to join the Mages Guild? Yeah, somebody did her wrong.
mirocu
I thought it sounded like Lopov has a mod, but I think you are more on the mark there, Renee.
Lopov
It's a new character, yes. The events at Sercen serve as a short backstory before wakening up in the Imperial prison.

I've been running Oblivion this time with only three mods so far. I might install some more along the way but I'll keep it really minimal this time. I did experience a surge of nostalgia after Graziana emerged from the sewers, because when my first character in Oblivion - Amadeus - came out of those same sewers many years ago, his game was also mostly unmodded, except for his hairstyle. The game has a special charm in its intact form.
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 30 2022, 02:50 PM) *

The game has its own charm in its intact form.

I agree, which is why my mods are only minor things that don't actually alter the world itself but only some minor mechanics behind the scenes. I guess the biggest world-changing mod I have is SubRosa's witch mod, adding Morcant's cottage by the road to Cheydinhal.
Lopov
So far I've been running Francesco's mod that slows down leveling and makes enemies randomized (lots of other Fran's features remain disabled), Natural Faces mod (to get rid of green blotches) and I plan to install some mod, that adds lights to windows at nights. For the last one I'll need OBSE.

It's also, that I've been running a fairly busy real life and I can't afford a lot of time to search for mods or deal with possible mod conflicts that could come up. Some mods that I was using before, also aren't available on the Nexus anymore.

Last but not the least, I want to learn more of Italian language through Oblivion. Since reading grammar and making online exercises gets boring fast, my Oblivion is now set in Italian. The game has never been dubbed, which works just fine, so I can still understand, what's being said. And I really look forward to reading books in game.

Renee
QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 30 2022, 09:50 AM) *

I've been running Oblivion this time with only three mods so far.

Oooh, get Console Commands! Then you can use tfc2 to get better screenshots (tfc2 freezes all AI).

I did experience a surge of nostalgia after Graziana emerged from the sewers, because when my first character in Oblivion - Amadeus - came out of those same sewers many years ago, his game was also mostly unmodded, except for his hairstyle. The game has a special charm in its intact form.

Absolutely. wub.gif Leaving those sewers, seeing all that land in the distance. Not knowing if you can go all the way up those mountains in the distance (turns out, you can!).

Nice to hear you're learning another language too... from videogames!

mirocu
Today Lothran decided to place a bet in the Arena, and it paid off! 200 gold winnings after the champion from the blue team won! biggrin.gif

The match was even; both had a shield and a short-range weapon, looked like daggers. Lothran has been to matches where one of the fighters had nothing to fight with but his fists while the other had a two-handed weapon. Not a fair fight indifferent.gif nono.gif
Renee
Did he happen to notice if a sneaky-looking Redguard with a fun sense of humor was sitting nearby? And also carrying a Gray Fox Cowl? emot-ninja1.gif
mirocu
Was the Redguard gulping down some cheap wine? If yes, then no; he didn't see him biggrin.gif
mirocu
Tonight Lothran decided to return to the Market District sewers to see if there were more bandits to lure up streetside.
Turns out there were, although no action ensued because beside the friendly female Khajiit bandit, another two friendly female Khajiit bandits were now there! laugh.gif

No wonder no one engaged in a fight earlier even though they should have heard Lothran jump around on the other side of the door; they were already friendly to him tongue.gif
Acadian
Making friends in low places, eh? tongue.gif
mirocu
I have no idea why this is, but for some reason specifically female Khajiit bandits are much more likely to be friendly towards Lothran! blink.gif

Ah, but lets not forget one of his former "vocations".... wink.gif
Lopov
Looks like that kitties love Lothran. laugh.gif

___

On a way to Sercen, Graziana came upon two corpses, the first one of a female Orc commoner and the second one of an Imperial soldier. Whoever or whatever killed them, was fortunately not around anymore.

Visiting Sercen, however, brought no answers to Graziana, who was hoping to shed some light on the attack by the ruin and the subsequent imprisonment. Since it looked like that the mystery behind the events at Sercen can't be solved, Graziana decided not to dally anymore. It was time to head to the Weynon Priory.
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 2 2022, 03:08 PM) *

I have no idea why this is, but for some reason specifically female Khajiit bandits are much more likely to be friendly towards Lothran! blink.gif

OH, I think I know why ... whistling.gif hubbahubba.gif

Lopov: Get the feeling Sercen is a dead end. verysad.gif

Sercen was one of my fave places to loot and plunder, by the way. One room with guaranteed action, plenty of drama, and a boss chest at the end. I used to call it "one stop shopping".

mirocu
Lothran has just visited the Marie Elena. It's a nice ship galleon and one of the places he always goes to before the winter season.
Lopov
Was there a pumpkin outside the main door to the Marie Elena? If yes, a certain thief might have been there as well...

___

The Amulet of Kings has been delivered but Graziana couldn't resist the call of adventure before departing to Kvatch. In Chorrol she joined the Guild of Mages and earned her first recommendation. After clearing out trolls and ogres at Nonwyll Cave, it's now time to head south to find the lost heir.
Renee
Grazi's looking for her lost heir? Nice. Wonder who that could be. Does she happen to have a mother here in Cyrodiil as well? A mother who (let's say) has a lot of other children?

Fredas, Last Seed 16, 4th Era Year 1-- Joan of Arkay is in one of Chorrol's new shoppes, this one called Olive's Baked Goods. It's run by an orc name (guess) Olive. Joan's been living back in Cyrodiil now for at least a couple years, but still, she can remember those days in Vvardenfell when she longed for sweetrolls.

She goes overboard in the baked goods shoppe, buying special loaves of bread, cookies, baked custard, and of course, two sweetrolls. Spiced cider, too. Yum.

But she's not alone. After visiting Chorrol's chapel, which has a gathering of refugees from Kvatch, she feels their plight. They've got nowhere to live, and Joan lives in a gigantic place called Battlehorn Castle, a place which is devoid of bodies. She decides to pay one of the refugees to follow her back to the castle. Maybe this poor lady can find some tasks to do once she's there. Joan gives her refugee some food.

On her agenda is to visit a few Ayleid ruins she hasn't been to yet. Umbacano needs more statues.
mirocu
Onboard the Marie Elena for the last time this autumn. Come Monday Lothran will set off for Aleswell, his usual stop on his way to Bruma.

Winter is coming happy.gif
Acadian
The Marie Elena? I hear it's a galleon. . . .

The road north from the IC awaits.
mirocu
Lothran has now arrived in Aleswell. He left early in the morning and only found some minor scuffle on the way. Like last year, the blue-est sister was not trapped inside the staircase of the Aleswell inn, as she had been two years ago. So no need to get her out of there.

All sheep seem to be safe and sound and tomorrow Lothran will visit Ancotar down at the ruin. The villagers don't seem to want to... wink.gif
Renee
Phew, well at least the sheep are okay. whistling.gif That's one less worry, crossed right off the list there.

Hypothetical: but what would happen if Lothran for some reason did not make it to Bruma in time for winter?
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 21 2022, 08:15 PM) *

Phew, well at least the sheep are okay. whistling.gif That's one less worry, crossed right off the list there.

It was a breath holder, wasn't it? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 21 2022, 08:15 PM) *

Hypothetical: but what would happen if Lothran for some reason did not make it to Bruma in time for winter?

Well, winter is outside my home as we speak, but Lothran doesn't follow that. He goes to Bruma when it's the last weekend of November. But as it was a hypothetical question, well, I guess he'd just go there at his earliest convenience.
mirocu
Lothran is now in Bruma!

As tradition dictates, he left Aleswell early in the morning and walked the Silver Road to the wintery town. Along the way he defeated two Minotaur Lords and chatted up one female Khajiit bandit. And once in his house all trinkets found throughout the year were placed in their respective drawer and yes; Snowflake, Lothran's trusty weapon gifted to him by dear Buffy, is once again his sidearm of choice.

It's good to be home! happy.gif
Acadian
All is right on Nirn then. The Snowflake-equipped winter guardian of Bruma is in place. Hope he got the little fireplace in his home working?
Renee
He chatted up another bandit??? blink.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 25 2022, 01:29 PM) *

Hope he got the little fireplace in his home working?

I know, right? Bruma House for Sale's got the only non-working fireplace if I recall correctly. Meanwhile, that's the town where we really NEED a fireplace. rolleyes.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 25 2022, 07:29 PM) *

All is right on Nirn then. The Snowflake-equipped winter guardian of Bruma is in place. Hope he got the little fireplace in his home working?

Certainly! What would a log cabin be without a roaring fireplace? happy.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 25 2022, 11:03 PM) *

He chatted up another bandit??? blink.gif

Yup. They sure seem to like Lothran laugh.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 25 2022, 11:03 PM) *

Bruma House for Sale's got the only non-working fireplace if I recall correctly. Meanwhile, that's the town where we really NEED a fireplace. rolleyes.gif

That always annoyed me. Early on when I learned about the lit torch trick I applied that and arranged three torches in such a manner that the fire from them looked like a normal fire. But when I found a mod I happily replaced those torches and finally Lothran could have a real fire in his home smile.gif

-----------------------
Lothran has been enjoying the town of Bruma while conducting business and being social. Right now he's sitting at the Jerall View and will soon head down to Olav's Tap and Tack. And would you believe it; as soon as Lothran exited his house it had started snowing! If history is any guide it will now not stop snowing until March next year wink.gif
mirocu
Lothran has now cleared out Plundered Mine, first time for this season. Some Septims, lockpicks and one gold nugget were the spoils. His crowd control spell worked wonders but it does require potions to boost Lothran's Magicka reserves.

Next up; an evening at Olav's! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.