Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
mirocu
Yay! Buffy´s in Anvil!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 5 2013, 04:00 AM) *

"Funny how that works. Skooma is an illegal substance, yet it's also illegal to steal it. Go figure."

Poor Kahreem, I think it´s hard for him to understand that contradiction laugh.gif
Grits
Selador cut through the woods from Skingrad to Bravil. He’s looking for an invisibility spell.

A creepy urban Bosmer followed him out through the vineyards and into a bandit camp where Selador watched his unarmed and unarmored stalker punch the bandit to death. Selador got the heck away from there.

He investigated an isolated house and was surprised by its hostile, axe-wielding occupant. He decided to bring her along (against her will) for the rest of his walk. That led to an unfortunate tussle with a wolf. The wolf died. Selador does not think things through.

He later met an Imperial Forester who had something that caught Selador’s eye. A bow with silver overlays. He wants one. Now he has a reason to go into some shops.
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 5 2013, 03:40 AM) *

Poor Kahreem, I think it´s hard for him to understand that contradiction laugh.gif

Yeah I know, right?

Grits
"No way I'm partin' with all this!" ...he says, eventually running upon a sandy beach. "Jail's gonna have to wait!"

This part had me rolling. It's been a long time since I've had a cheerfully lawless character. The Weet Bandit really makes me grin.

ImperialSnob
Well Ulvan had that nightmare again......

He may not seem like a bad guy and he isn't but well,I'm sure you'll find out in the future.
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 5 2013, 10:55 AM) *

This part had me rolling. It's been a long time since I've had a cheerfully lawless character. The Weet Bandit really makes me grin.

MM hmm. Kahreem's a lot of fun to RP. smile.gif

Imp. Snob, good to see you here.

ImperialSnob
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ May 6 2013, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ May 5 2013, 10:55 AM) *

MM hmm. Kahreem's a lot of fun to RP. smile.gif

Imp. Snob, good to see you here.

Thanks.
Grits
Xbox Jerric had some spoilerish adventures in County Leyawiin. The next day he found his new friend dead in a dungeon. He should have tagged along as she suggested. Here is a picture of him with his new sword and shield named in her memory. Jerric bearing the Blade and Shield of the Green Knight.
Acadian
Grits, Jerric looks so handsome! I see you're using an 'anti-compass Xbox mod'. laugh.gif

What a shame about the mighty green queen of tusks. kvleft.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ May 6 2013, 09:57 AM) *

Xbox Jerric had some spoilerish adventures in County Leyawiin. The next day he found his new friend dead in a dungeon. He should have tagged along as she suggested. Here is a picture of him with his new sword and shield named in her memory. Jerric bearing the Blade and Shield of the Green Knight.

I agree with Acadian, Jerric looks very handsome! I don't know how you do it on the XBox! Awesome shot!
Renee
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 6 2013, 10:08 AM) *

Grits, Jerric looks so handsome! I see you're using an 'anti-compass Xbox mod'. laugh.gif

Oh my goodness! There it is!

I agree, he's hot handsome.

SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ May 6 2013, 09:57 AM) *

Jerric is looking buff in his shiny armor! Seeing him all buff and blond makes me wonder where Skarsgard is. And there is Renee's Compass Delete Mod in action!
mirocu
We won´t see Skarsgard here, Sub. Mara is not so present even at Beth´s now sad.gif

But Lothran is here biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, I wonder if he´s still at the Count´s Arms... huh.gif
Grits
This is the youngest Jerric yet, so I made him extra smooth and blond. tongue.gif At this point his Ma was still paying healers to put his face back together on a regular basis.

It was a shocking and sad event indeed, Acadian. Somehow I thought she wouldn’t come to harm as long as he wasn’t with her. I guess he went into the wrong dungeon at the wrong time. sad.gif

I miss Skarsgard! That picture of him grinning at Forester outside the Ill Omen is one of my favorite Oblivion shots ever. Oh Lady Maaaaaaara… smile.gif
ghastley
The worst time for losing her seems to be when your character is just starting to see Will-o-the-wisps. She's never got an enchanted weapon, so she's vulnerable until she gets Daedric. I've found her floating in the Niben outside the lodge a few times.

At least the PC lets you make her essential (if you remember).
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ May 6 2013, 05:07 PM) *

I miss Skarsgard! That picture of him grinning at Forester outside the Ill Omen is one of my favorite Oblivion shots ever. Oh Lady Maaaaaaara… smile.gif

Yup, I know how you feel. kvleft.gif I would like to see more of Lady Mara and her stories, too. She's fun to have around. She's a student though (I think), and seems like she's got a lot going on.
mirocu
Lothran left Anvil in the middle of the night. He followed the shore eastwards and then went north and is now resting at Shetcombe Farm. Morning has come so he will soon go further north to Chorrol.

Who knows? Maybe he´ll stumble upon the decrepit avatar or Maxical on the way? wink.gif
mirocu
Lothran went to the Market District yesterday to sell some weapons found on the road. He also took the opportunity to recharge Targetfinder at Calindil´s.
After that he went to the Arcane University and was just in time for a lecture on the Doomstones scattered across Cyrodiil. Most fascinating, he thought, and wished the lecture was a bit longer...
He then went along to make a second bound shield spell, but without the Spriggan helper this time. A couple of other helpful extras went into it though smile.gif
PhonAntiPhon
Niamh headed out to the far east of the province to have a poke about in the hitherto unexplored regions there, latterly she has just gained the fresh air after having quite literally fought her way through a seething nest of Wampyres...
...Which for a girl who hates them, is no mean feat I can tell you!!
mirocu
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ May 13 2013, 06:43 PM) *

she has just gained the fresh air after having quite literally fought her way through a seething nest of Wampyres...

I reckon dear Buffy thanks her for her help. A few less vamps to give her a tummy ache wink.gif
ImperialSnob
I don't want Ulvan to got into that "mode" again.
PhonAntiPhon
Niamh is out in the far east of Cyrodiil, pushing against the borders of the province.
There's much to see out here and the old ruins and caves don't disappoint with a certain amount of bounty and a degree of danger - (lots and lots of Wampyres and Necromancers out here).
It's not like she needs to sell the stuff she gets, she has a decent nest egg at home in Bravil, but the skull and staff collections are coming on nicely and there are some really quite decent bits of kits to be found.

Mostly though it's for fun, and Fun is not something she's had much of. Niamh has Looch to thank for that and I believe she knows it too, certainly the presents and notes she leaves her upon arrival and before departing would seem to betray a certain "infatuation" with the Breton, but a healthy one - and one that is increasingly reciprocated.
It's good to see and to be honest your humble narrator is really quite happy with that...
...as for the future?
Well for the time being that can take care of itself.
----
Skip forward somewhat.
Niamh's been attacked by wampyres in her home in Bravil, and, having made sure Looch is safe in the Lodge, has travelled back to Jenseric in the IC. Jenseric has set her on a path to uncover some rather nefarious activity, to say the least.
Niamh stays the night in her shack on the waterfront, but is attacked there again and is forced to spend the rest of the dark hours in the relative anonymity of the abandoned shack a little further down.

The next morning she sets out, on what should hopefully be a voyage of discovery and an ultimate closure, and safety for her and Looch...

[SKIP]...

Roland directed her to the road to Cheydinhal, apparently there are marauding wampyres along that road and travel has been limited pretty much to daylight only. Cheydinhal being not that far from the Imperial City, users of that road had been able to move along it over much of the span of the day and night, previously.
Niamh jumps at the chance to check out the rumours, not least because she has personally been targeted twice and additionally she's somewhat worried about Looch - (a rather novel feeling that she kind of enjoys, even V had not made her feel this way). Besides any dead wampyre is a good thing.

We leave her for the moment on a daylight trek to Cheyd., there to catch up with the Guild and it's members there - (you know who I mean). She can use her influence to get a message to Bravil, for Looch.
She's planning to hang about until maybe 2100, then set out back to the Imperial City; using herself as bait.
(Looch won't know that, though).
mirocu
Lothran is at the University, sitting on a bench outside the Lustratorium. Don´t really know what he´s up to... mellow.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 25 2013, 12:09 PM) *

Lothran is at the University, sitting on a bench outside the Lustratorium. Don´t really know what he´s up to... mellow.gif

Well the Lustratorium is a brothel isn't it? wink.gif
Grits
That would give Jerric incentive to finish his recommendations!
King Coin
QUOTE(Grits @ May 25 2013, 12:12 PM) *

That would give Jerric incentive to finish his recommendations!

Maybe Darnand should tease him about that. laugh.gif
ghastley
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 25 2013, 12:56 PM) *

But brothel means "soup kitchen", doesn't it?
Acadian
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 25 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Hee! He's trying to teach the little woodster next to him how to get better at frost magic. . . I'm afraid it's a hopeless cause. What comes out instead are potent command spells that coax the butterflies in the garden to dance about her head and shoulders. Oh well. It is so wonderful to see Lothie at the University!
mirocu
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 25 2013, 06:56 PM) *

I´ll have you know Lothran is what Helloween would call "Perfect Gentleman" wink.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 26 2013, 04:46 PM) *

Hee! He's trying to teach the little woodster next to him how to get better at frost magic. . . I'm afraid it's a hopeless cause.

At least she can use her limited frost casting powers to chill down an ale, or a fevered forehead laugh.gif
PhonAntiPhon
Niamh's in Elsweyr.
It's pretty, and it's got BIG spiders...
ghastley
QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ May 28 2013, 05:05 AM) *

Niamh's in Elsweyr.

If I'm remembering my trip correctly, there's a neat quest that starts in the cave with the biggest one.
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(ghastley @ May 28 2013, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(PhonAntiPhon @ May 28 2013, 05:05 AM) *

Niamh's in Elsweyr.

If I'm remembering my trip correctly, there's a neat quest that starts in the cave with the biggest one.

Sweet! biggrin.gif
Renee
The day is sunny here in Anvil. As a schooner ship pulls up to the docks, a lone traveller gets off, stretches her legs, and stands in the sun a moment.

The sun feels good, here in Anvil.

Renee
Middas, 8:56 AM, 4th Era 438

As the lone traveller walks upon Anvil's docks, all Oblivion breaks loose! A sudden flurry of citizens are fighting. One (a magic-user in blue robes) summons a scamp. Before she knows it, a couple of these brawlers are dead, as everybody on the dock lends a helping hand at ending the fight.

The lone traveller walks up to one of these fallen fighters: an elf lady in a fine red dress. Carefuly, the lone traveller searches this fallen lady while nobody seems to be looking. She finds a silver daggar and 10 gold, and takes all of this. She will need everything she can get in preparation. Some of her things were stolen before she started the boat ride on the schooner several day ago.

"Welcome back to Cyrodiil", this lone traveller says to herself.

Acadian
Renee, did you break down and get a PC and some mods (like alternate start)? Or are you still using imagination-fired non-PC mods like, in this case, taping a small picture of a ship to the lower portion of your TV screen? tongue.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 9 2013, 10:25 AM) *

Renee, did you break down and get a PC and some mods (like alternate start)? Or are you still using imagination-fired non-PC mods like, in this case, taping a small picture of a ship to the lower portion of your TV screen? tongue.gif

ha ha nope, did not get a PC. If I had, you can bet I'd be bugging you guys with endless questions for weeks! I'd also be dancing all over the forums blabbing about this.

But yeah, I did do an alternate start. wink.gif He heh heh...you shall find out why after I post some screenies.
Renee
Turdas, 4:41 am
Last Seed 30, 4E 438

"Welcome to the Flowing Bowl. I'm Maenlorn. My twin's name is Caenlorn. How to tell us apart? I'm in brown. He's in blue. Simple, really."

"Yes I have knowledge of whom you are, we have already met. Long ago. You may not have memories of who I am."

"The Count went missing about fifteen years ago. No one knows what happened to him. Lady Millona rules County Anvi." Maenlorn says this, assuming the Lady before him is interested. "Her ladyship has no intention of remarrying. Liked her first Count well-enough, I guess, and doesn't fancy a replacement."

"Oh! How dreadful!" says the lone traveller. "Perhaps I can someday present my assistance, but for now...I need to present myself with a bed. And have you such for renting?"

Maenlorn does not offer a room for her to sleep, unfortunately. The place is all booked up.

"Okay," greets the other twin. "Guess who I am? Caenlorn or Maenlorn?"

"You ... are Caenlorn. The twin in blue."

"Right. You remembered! The one in blue!"

"Blue and brown. Caenlorn and Maenlorn. 'Tis happenings of folly, that you two should take such simple choices, and not ever make deviance or eschewation."

Hungry and bedless, but also happy and entertained. This is how the lone traveller spends her first night back in Cyrodiil.
Grits
QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 9 2013, 10:25 AM) *

Now that's a fine idea, Acadian! I'll use the illustration on the DVD box set that I already use for "compass delete" as part of the story! laugh.gif
Grits
Yesterday Kjestrid discovered the UOP. It fixed the fire in her Bruma house, yay! But it also “fixed” her awesome fire ritual greaves, rendering them not at all awesome. Boo. But it was nice to fish those torches out of the fire.
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 12 2013, 11:50 AM) *

Yesterday Kjestrid discovered the UOP. It fixed the fire in her Bruma house, yay! But it also “fixed” her awesome fire ritual greaves, rendering them not at all awesome. Boo. But it was nice to fish those torches out of the fire.

What's the UOP?

Grits
Unofficial Oblivion Patch. Kjestrid is on my laptop.
mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 12 2013, 05:50 PM) *

Till next winter I´m gonna give Lothran some proper fire too. I already took away the torches he´s been using for the last five years or so, so it´s all set. If I could just make meself download that mod... tongue.gif
Grits
Taking the torches out first would have been a much better way to do it! laugh.gif
Renee
Unofficial Oblivion Patch. smile.gif You can tell I'm still a non-PC girl. biggrin.gif

Fredas, 6:51 am
Last Seed 31, 3E 438

Wilbur : "I'm Wilbur, owner and proprietor of the Count's Arms. We make beds and food available to guests. Can I help you?"

Lone Traveler: "Hello. I have recently made journeys here from faraway. Traveled here by boat..."

Wilbur: "Buildings here look different ... Why? ... This is the Gold Coast style, like in Hammerfell. Eastern towns look grey and dull to me."

The Lone Traveller bites her tongue. She thinks to herself that she's a changed woman now. Her old self might have made some snarky comment in reply to the Redguard proprietor, with his inflated opinions. But she has changed.

She bites her tongue.

Lone Traveler: "Well yes. I did try the Flowing Bowl, but the place is all ... booked up. Maenlorn and Caenlorn did not even make offerings towards assisting me with a place to rest."

She bites her tongue again. Maenlorn and Caenlorn. Wood Elves. In the past, she had many issues with these, the ones who had been living here in Cyrodiil, anyways. But she has changed. After many years amongst her friends and family, elders and youngsters, she has changed for the better. She hopes this is so, anyways. The elders had given her lots of wise advice, and the youngsters reminded her that life is not to be taken quite so seriously.

Wilbur: There's a wonderful room available. It's the BEST I have, and you can use it for the night for a mere ... 25 gold. Interested?"

"I accept your terms and pricing, Sir Wilbur."

"Excellent! It's up the stairs there, and then directly across the hallway. Center room, wonderful view of the city. Sleep well!"

The Lone Traveler does sleep well, indeed.

"Cyrodiilic slumber. That was how I refered to such resting five years ago," she says, just before passing out.
Grits
Hmm... My first guess: has Lady Saga returned to Cyrodiil?

ETA: OK, I went back and looked at her pictures again. (Missed the dates the first time.) Yay! smile.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 13 2013, 04:55 PM) *

Hmm... My first guess: has Lady Saga returned to Cyrodiil?

Yes Yes YES YES!!!!!!! biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D

You are the first one to figure this out, Grits. You get a Saga Stick.
biggrin.gif
Grits
Whee! smile.gif

You did a great job with her!
Renee
thanks for your compliments. smile.gif Yeah, I just kinda felt an inspiration to be with Saga again, and I thought "what if I created her on Xbox?" smile.gif

That was my whole issue with her, well one of them. She was a PS3 character and it did not make sense that she's an explorer, but all the new DLC to explore is on Xbox. So the other day I decided if I could re-create her. It took two tries. I spent over an hour on the first try, but when I got her to Anvil I realized she looked too masculine. So I tried a second time, and I can definitely say she looks like the same goldenrod elf as the one on PS3.

The original Saga also had Conjuration as a Major, but I did not expect she would actually need this spell to survive, but turns out she did. The game levels upwards super-fast with Conjuration as a major, so this time, I think I got her skills more balanced.

The original Saga also got kicked out of the Mage's Guild, but the new one is going to give this another shot. She (and I ) really want to get to the Arcane University. I think if the original one had made it that far, she would have had a more successful 'career' as an adventurer.

ImperialSnob
I'm going to only post here from now on with my new charcter.

Beth admins have annoyed me(not allowing NPC Convo threads all of a sudden,not allowing What are you listening to threads,etc)

Name:Jack Dennius

Height:5''11

Weight:180lbs

Bio:Jack was apart of a rich noble family back in Skyrim,and well,he wasn't the nicest of kids,he was basically a rich snobish bully,yet he still had many friends,because of his money,but all of his other friends were also rich snobs.His mother and father couldn't be any more diffrent,they were kind,loving,generous souls,Jack took them for granted,he didn't know how good he had it until that faithful Sundas in Sun's Dawn,the farm just outside of Whiterun,the farm where jack lived was raided and destroyed.But that wasn't all Jack's parents were killed and Jack was almost kidnapped but he ran away,the invaders were there to kidnap Jack,kill no one and put him up for ransom,but thanks to a bumbling bandit who knocked over a candle setting the place on fire,an angry bandit who attempted to kill the bumbling bandit accidently shot Jack's mother and had to kill his father who ran at him.Now this isn't a revenge story,this isn't a story of a knight or wizard,this is the story a young man with a small amount of skill when it comes to blades,no skill in armour or magic or anything else really,trying to make it in an unfamiler world with little to no money.

Jack knows he'll never find the bandits who killed his parents,Jack knows they've died in vain,Jack knows he shouldn't of acted in the ways he did,Jack wants to change,well a little atleast.

Jack wants another thing to,his fourtune,he wants to be a noble,he couldn't stay in Skyrim,so he sneaked onto a boat to Cyrodiil,he has the mentallilty of fiddy,coz Jack is going to get rich or die trying.

Hopefully the former.

Yes I made a 50 Cent refrence in an Oblivion charcter bio.
Diamandis
Back to Breeva's journey, I have found her doing more of the same; which are odd jobs for the chapels.

She has just finished delivering food for the poor in Skingrad, so now she is making her way back to the chapel in Bravil; her home. It is then she will be given her next mission.

Redemption is hard wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.