Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
Acadian
Welcome to Vion - son of Count Pompousness. Sounds like a fun character - and from Buffy's home town of Bravil!

When first encountered, those wisps can be deadly indeed!
mirocu
So, Leyawiin cuirass acquired! That would have been the end of Lothran´s quest but as mALX pointed out, the enchanted Kvatch cuirass can´t be part of the original cuirass collection and so he has yet one more to go.

Oh, and he just cleared out some necrodudes and dudetts in Fort Doublecross. Apparently he hasn´t been there before so yet another dungeon checked smile.gif
Acadian
Congrats to Lothie on his cuirass collection and finding a new dungeon. Hunting black robes just never gets old!
Lopov
Does Lothran collect shields of corresponding towns as well? Or has he already completed this collection?

Seems that Lothran double-crossed necromancers in Fort Doublecross. wink.gif

--

"Just four days ago I was bored to death at my father's castle, and today I've killed the abomination called the Gatekeeper. Sounds like a fairy tale."

And it was a fairy tale in its own way. Ever since the head-like statue appeared on the floating island in the Niben Lake, Vion was curious what it is. Since he was now a free man, he decided to take a swim to the mysterious island and so he discovered that the statue serves as a door to Sheogorath's realm, the Shivering Isles.

Together with Jayred Ice-Veins he brought down the formidable Gatekeeper and entered the realm of madness through the Gates of Mania. He finds himself sane enough not to succumb to Sheogorath's blessing but he's aware that he shouldn't underestimate Mania despite its vibrant colors and cheery atmosphere.

Renee
QUOTE(Lopov @ May 8 2015, 02:53 PM) *

At the same time he learned that life in Cyrodiil, especially in wilderness, isn't meant to be taken lightly, and that he should consider his actions more in the future, because legionnaires paid for his mistake with their lives.

rollinglaugh.gif I think he really really needs to consider his actions more.

Well good luck in Shivering Isles!

Lady Saga is about to return to Cheydinhal. She took care of a group of vampires in Fanacas, but the affair was a bit messy. Those blood-suckers were tough. She needed to run outside a few times, where Maglir and an Imperial ranger were waiting, so she could get some help. And this is even while using her crossbow + some occasional poisons.

Lopov
QUOTE(Renee @ May 10 2015, 02:54 PM) *
rollinglaugh.gif I think he really really needs to consider his actions more.
I was hardly waiting your comment regarding this. biggrin.gif

Seriously, great Lady Saga can't handle a few vampires on her own? tongue.gif Pfff, she should consider her actions more and avoid enemies which she can't bring down. biggrin.gif Do you use the mod that makes vampire susceptible to Sun damage when outside?

Renee
QUOTE(Lopov @ May 10 2015, 09:03 AM) *

Do you use the mod that makes vampire susceptible to Sun damage when outside?

Whoa, I forgot about this mod XD Yes, I do. Maskar's allows me to add this. It wouldn't have mattered anyways though, all of that happened at night. Saga also forgot to equip some silver bolts for her crossbow. That would do extra damage to some vamps, I'm pretty sure.

Oh well.

Now she is in Cheydinhal. About to get her things repaired. smile.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

12:18 PM, Turdas, 3rd of Frostfall, 4th Era 5

"Illijiah?"

"Good day."

"Might you take considering to gather your leave upon this fine day of Frostfall?"

"Okay then, I'll stay here. Do you want me to do anything whilst I wait?"

"Well, as usual, make guardship amongst my horse. Protect and serve, 'tis what you do, eh? .. Um ... No. Of actuality, might you instead guard my horse, but the premises have much safety. You can take your easement, then."

"Ah great! I needed a rest, this gear's pretty heavy."

"I have understanding of this," Saga says. Indeed, Illijah the Legion Forester had gone for the most heavy of armor, for some reason. Iron gear mostly, with a dwemer-styled helmet. But .... Ilijiah had also survived up until now, long after many others who had joined Saga had perished.

"See you around," he says. "I'll make the most of this downtime."

"I would expect such, of surety. Maglir, you can come with, as always. I might have requirement that you make helping as I stroll about."

"If you say so."

Aerin from Valenwood equips the half-destroyed armor she'd been wearing ever since leaving Bruma, looking forward to yet another few hours in the company of Tertia Viducia, getting her things repaired.
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 10 2015, 01:32 PM) *

Congrats to Lothie on his cuirass collection and finding a new dungeon. Hunting black robes just never gets old!

He´s got quite a few now, and three hoods! Actually he has four hoods but one is used to boost his Intelligence biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 10 2015, 02:31 PM) *

Does Lothran collect shields of corresponding towns as well? Or has he already completed this collection?

That collection was finished years ago wink.gif
Acadian
Lopov – Congrats to Vion for taking out that Gatekeeper. goodjob.gif

Renee – A fun glimpse of Saga managing her posse. tongue.gif
mirocu
Do You Know The Way To Kvatch?

Well, do you? huh.gif Lothran is currently in Skingrad on his way to said town to find the last cuirass to finish off his collection quest. Maybe a letter to Buffy is needed to find the way..? biggrin.gif
Acadian
Hee! I think Buffy does indeed know the way! Good luck on finishing the great cuirass caper. What's next, replacing all the varla stones? biggrin.gif
mirocu
It never fails; whenever Kvatch comes up I always think of Buffy and so I had to make that reference. That elf certainly has made an impact on me happy.gif

Not sure the Dunmer is too keen on replacing the Varla stones to be honest. If only the guards had their helmets in the town colours... tongue.gif

Editio!!
Lothran has visited Kvatch and to his annoyment the fires are still burning and absolutely nothing has been restored. And Savlian is still standing in the castle where Lothran left him. Seven years ago... *sigh*

On a brighter note, said Dunmer helped a Legionnaire to fight an ogre on the road that passes Gottshaw Inn. After the fight the soldier rode on and Lothran got a good night´s sleep at the Inn smile.gif

Editio 2!!
One night in Anvil makes the Dunmer happy,
the sky is blue and yes, the sea is too.
The Gweden women can be oh, so trappy,
be ever watchful, yes those words are true.
Can you feel M'aiq the Liar next to you?

wink.gif laugh.gif
Renee
Okay, um .. wow. Did you write that poem, or is that yet another NPC comment I've never heard?

Are you trying to do something about those Kvatch fires? I can help, but it involves installing yet another mod. I can guide you through the process of Kvatch Rising though, if you want this. KR has a "No Fires" phase, along with several other phases. I've currently got a Back to Wilderness phase for Saga's game, but in RG3's world Kvatch is a fully-functioning town.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Loredas, Frost Fall 5, 4th Era 5: Lady Saga is on her way to ... I'm not exactly sure what she's doing. She's headed to the Roxey Inn for a night, but after that I'm getting conflicting thoughts from her. She'll either go to the Arcane University (she's thinking of doing some enchanting or spell making) , or maybe to Kvatch, maybe all the way to Sutch. Or maybe she'll head south to Blackwood. She's pretty sure the final statue is in Blackwood.
mALX
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 12 2015, 05:28 PM) *

It never fails; whenever Kvatch comes up I always think of Buffy and so I had to make that reference. That elf certainly has made an impact on me happy.gif

Not sure the Dunmer is too keen on replacing the Varla stones to be honest. If only the guards had their helmets in the town colours... tongue.gif

Editio!!
Lothran has visited Kvatch and to his annoyment the fires are still burning and absolutely nothing has been restored. And Savlian is still standing in the castle where Lothran left him. Seven years ago... *sigh*

On a brighter note, said Dunmer helped a Legionnaire to fight an ogre on the road that passes Gottshaw Inn. After the fight the soldier rode on and Lothran got a good night´s sleep at the Inn smile.gif

Editio 2!!

wink.gif laugh.gif

Nice poem, Mirocu!

mirocu
That 'poem' wasn´t NPC talk. Totally my own stuff. Like, all of it. Nothing stolen from any song at all hehe.gif

Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 17 2015, 04:13 AM) *

That 'poem' wasn´t NPC talk. Totally my own stuff. Like, all of it. Nothing stolen from any song at all hehe.gif

Hey, that's awesome then! *claps* You're a poet and we didn't know it.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2015, 06:04 PM) *

Hey, that's awesome then! *claps* You're a poet and we didn't know it.

Yeah, you do. I wrote the infamous Ode to Mud Crab as well as Ode to Buffy and a few other ones biggrin.gif

Also... I ripped the tune from One night in Bangkok by Murray Head to fit my text if that wasn´t clear tongue.gif
Renee
Turdas, Frost Fall 10, 8:20 am

Lady Saga has decided to head south to Leyawiin, starting on the east side of the Upper Niben. As usual, she's not very particular about staying on the road, so she instantly veers off of it. And discovers Shinbone Cave. She commands her horse to stop, and tells the Imperial Forester guy who's been with her for months now that she'd like him to stay with her horse. As always, he seems delighted. Horse duty? Why sure!

She changes clothes. Takes off the green wool shirt she'd slept in the previous night. It's foggy and muggy today, even though the weather should be getting cooler. She changes into one of her two chainmail cuirasses. And puts some magical gauntlets on which will allow her to see anything alive within 45 feet. She realizes she is hungry. Unfortunately, she (for once) hasn't got much to eat, and neither does the horse's satchel she keeps food & potions in. It's not a big deal. She can always find something to eat as long as she keeps walking aboveground, all sorts of leaves, mushrooms, flowers .. but in a cave? And what of this cave? .. She's walked right by it (from the road) dozens of times, yet had no idea it is here.

Time to go inside. The Imperial guy is guarding her horse, but Saga decides she wants Maglir to come with her.

Maglir has turned out to be her most loyal companion. Erthor was flakey, and always complaining. But Maglir has never done so. He always steps up to the job. It's a paid job for him, of course, but still....

... once inside, she changes her mind. There's goblins inside of Shinbone, and lots of them. Maglir would only become a problem. He would overstep his bounds, and wind up in trouble. Saga decides to go solo, as she often does.

mirocu
If Saga could find something other than a Bosmer to keep her company, maybe she wouldn´t need to go alone? biggrin.gif
Renee
Ha ha. She prefers Bosmers to go dungeoneering with, but the race / species doesn't really matter. Sometimes those followers like to go ape-[censored]. Saga will get a clean stealth-shot to an enemy, and this might cause another enemy to see what's going on. Whoever Saga is with might then decide he or she wants to go 'commando'. rolleyes.gif

Next thing I know, I'm seeing that famous message "Maglir is unconscious", or even worse "A member of your party has died." XD For these reasons, she simply prefers to go solo sometimes. RG3, on the other hand, prefers her entire party with her, oftentimes.

And then there's Kahreem, who rarely goes underground, for he prefers to go pickpocketing people whom he shouldn't....
Acadian
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 12 2015, 02:28 PM) *
It never fails; whenever Kvatch comes up I always think of Buffy and so I had to make that reference. That elf certainly has made an impact on me happy.gif ...
Aww, and you know Buffy quite adores the white-haired warlock. happy.gif
And nice little poem!

Renee, that Niben River Valley between Bravil and Leyawiin is beautiful! Good luck to Saga in that cave.
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 21 2015, 11:34 PM) *
If Saga could find something other than a Bosmer to keep her company, maybe she wouldn´t need to go alone? biggrin.gif
Grrrr! laugh.gif
QUOTE(Renee @ May 22 2015, 05:41 AM) *
Ha ha. She prefers Bosmers to go dungeoneering with,...
Yay! biggrin.gif
Lopov
QUOTE(mirocu @ May 12 2015, 11:28 PM) *

I knew you ripped it from some song but didn't figure out that it's One Night in Bangkok. Good job!

QUOTE(Renee @ May 21 2015, 10:30 PM) *
Lady Saga has decided to head south to Leyawiin, starting on the east side of the Upper Niben. As usual, she's not very particular about staying on the road, so she instantly veers off of it. And discovers Shinbone Cave.

Interesting, the name of this cave doesn't sound familiar to me at all. Blackwood holds many mysteries.

I enjoy reading about mundane problems, like getting hungry in Saga's case. And to choose appropriate outfit for dungeon delving. I think she's better off alone in the cave.
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 22 2015, 03:04 PM) *

Grrrr! laugh.gif

Oops, sorry. I meant to say something other than a Bosmer male... biggrin.gif
Grits
Lopov, what a start for young Vion! It was great to catch up on his story. I like his attitude and ambitions.

mirocu, congrats to Lothran on his collection and the new discovery. How is he going to get an unenchanted Kvatch cuirass? That’s quite a puzzle. Oh, and nice poem! smile.gif

Renee, it feels like summer with Saga in Cyrodiil. I always think of her with green trees and flowers. Long life and many screenshots to Legion Forester Illijah! I think he’s very photogenic. whistling.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 22 2015, 09:04 AM) *

Grrrr! laugh.gif

SPEW! Lucky Buffy didn't see Lothran say that! rollinglaugh.gif

Renee
Turdas, Frostfall 10, 6:03 pm, 4th Era Year 5

"Ah, what fate has brought to us," she says, glad to see that she and her friends had found another cave. "Here. We shall place our encampment here. Maglir, make fetching of our tent-rolls. Feldren ... you can do as your wishings command. Eyes wandering, in protection of the horse."

Feldren the Imperial Forester nods, but Maglir stares at his governor, his eyes earnest. .... please? Please bring me along into that cave? thinks he. He hopes his face does not betray his emotions, but knows it probably does. The lady elf he travels with day after day always seems to be able to tell whatever he is thinking.

"I know your thoughts, Maglir, and you have knowing of mine. I must purport to replying in the negative. That you might be ... ehmm ... better off staying here," says the lady, trying her hardest to speak more plainly to her hireling. "We know not of what lies within that cave: most likely it 'tis goblins. And not to make offensings, but your company is better-suited amongst my horse and Feldren, until I can make better assessings below."

"But .... if there's anything you want me to do, I am humbly at your service."

The lady smirks. Turns around, and begins to choose: crossbow? or longbow? ... It all depends on who (or what) is in that cave. If it IS goblins, the crossbow would be the best choice if she is to go down there alone. Her crossbow is slow to load, but has a habit of downing whoever it is pointed at, in just one shot. If she brings Maglir (which is unlikely, for she does not know this new cave at all), one of her many bows might be more appropriate. Less damage-per-shot, but quicker to aim, just in case Maglir fuddles everything up.

"Six o'clock, and all's well ma'am" says Feldren the Imperial, ever the soldier.

From then on, all chaos erupts.

Feldren is first to react. He grabs his silver bow and aims it. Saga is instantly alert, and grabs hers as well. Maglir brandishes his sword, a rare enchanted item he had found awhile back. Aerin of Valenwood hefts her own bow, and grabs the first arrow her fingers grasp upon: an arrow of silver. She aims in the direction Feldren had aimed, and Maglir is now running. The path before them is clear, yet at first she doesn't see who (or what) her enemy actually is.

IPB Image

Raaaaa!!!!

Goblins! Two of them. They rush Saga and her henchmen, calling out in their strange language. Both of them carry handweapons: one has an axe, the other has a club. Saga aims, fires, and hits one of these annoying creatures square in his gut. Feldren misses his shot. Maglir squares off with the other goblin, trading swipes and blows. Saga realizes that the one she had hit now has that sort of 'look' in his eyes: I think I'll go for the light-haired one. He seems all set to go, seems to be thinking he'll eat well that night. Thankful that dinner has just showed up. He likes it when dinner just shows up, without having to do any actual work hunting it.

That is when his luck begins to change. No Golden Elf Special for this goblin tonight.

Saga raises her right hand, calling out to the spirits of the forest, and summons ten drab-colored rats. squeak squeak squeak! they say in unison. Then they immediately attack, which confuses and slows the goblin. The goblin takes a couple bites of damage from the two rats nearest him, while Saga aims her bow once again. She doesn't move. Doesn't try to run off to another spot, doesn't need to. She merely aims, and fires.

SQUAAAAA!!!

IPB Image

The skirmish is over quickly. Two more arrows, and two more bites; the first goblin falls, wishing he had never decided to venture outside in the first place. Maglir ultimately needs help from Feldren and Saga downing his goblin, but this one falls as well, after Maglir throws a spell of health-draining upon it. This leaves the two Bosmer, one Imperial, and one bay horse left standing.

"Might have better luck staying up at Cropsford."

"Our encampment must be firmed upon safer grounds, I am of agreement."

They head north, glad to be alive. What if more than two had suddenly shown up? The attack had stunned the three humanoids; they hadn't seen it coming. But they are free, and head to Cropsford, which is (as it turns out) a ten minute walk.

"Okay. Maglir. I accede your wishings."

"Huh?"

"I have desirings, that you shalt make accompanyment alongside myself, on the morrow. We shall make our encampment within Cropsford. Gather some restings, and on the morrow, take this cave before it can take us."

"Fine," Maglir answers, literally bursting with enthusiasm underneath his tin suit. "You won't regret it."

"I baste my hopes upon such."

8:31 pm
Not long afterward, a trio of delvers enters the sleepy (yet vibrant) village of Cropsford. The people of Cropsford look to one another, happy to see the party's leader: a blonde-haired elf who had stayed with them before. Whenever she and her companions show up, they know for sure that Cropsford will be entirely safe, that's for sure. Not that they had many problems with enemies.

"I heard there were some goblins around here recently," Callia Bincal greets Saga and her friends, trying to make conversation. "Awful creatures."

Lopov
Heh, I love the ending when Callia mentions goblins, not that Saga and her party already had enough of them for that day. laugh.gif

Is Cropsford fully constructed in Saga's world?
mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ May 22 2015, 05:32 PM) *

mirocu, congrats to Lothran on his collection and the new discovery. How is he going to get an unenchanted Kvatch cuirass? That’s quite a puzzle.

The only one he could get was from one remaining dead soldier by the church. There was no unused one anywhere. He didn´t like taking it from the brave soldier but he thought it was an even worse thing that no one had given him a proper burial yet, or even put out the fires and started rebuilding the town.

QUOTE(Grits @ May 22 2015, 05:32 PM) *

Oh, and nice poem! smile.gif

Thanks! Did you notice I took it from One night in Bangkok? biggrin.gif
Renee
Yes, mirocu, I remember your other poems now ... Ode to the Mudcrab. You are a poet, and you know it. I sometimes forget though.

Yes, Lopov, Cropsford is finished in Saga's game, but it's the vanilla version, with 3 NPCs roaming around. I've got Cropsford Revival in Renee's game though, which is supposed to be even grander. She's never been there yet though, so I don't know what it's like yet.

Renee
My elf archer has just discovered Atatar! smile.gif Really excited about this. She'll be exploring Blackwood (which is our least-explored area so far) over the next few weeks.
Lopov
Atatar is a great ruin to explore, I still remember that its last section has a lot to offer for someone seeking knowledge. smile.gif
Renee
Actually, she's been to Atatar before. As soon as she climbed that hill and saw the inn which is next to Atatar, I realized where she is. Still though, it's pretty exciting that we're going to Blackwood.
Renee
Frostfall 22, 4th Era Year 5

Lady Saga has entered a new phase in her adventuring career: exploring the heck out of Blackwood. It's an area she's only skimmed through in the past, sticking mostly to the south, where Topal Bay is always a nearby swim.

She's convinced the final Ayleid statue must be in Blackwood. But Blackwood is much more randomly dangerous than other regions of Cyrodiil are. There are slimes, and oozes (MMM stuff), along with the usual bandits and other outlaws. There's no way she's bringing Maglir and her faithful Imperial Legion guy into these swamps. huh.gif

So for once, she's been going totally solo. She tends to leave her horse behind at Leyawiin's stables, or in the safe village of Blankenmarch. She's also been eschewing a lot of her armor pieces, actually going round wearing 'huntsman' styled clothing instead. She's that confident. smile.gif She just explored Veyond not long ago (no statue in there) which is full of trolls, or WAS full of trolls. Trolls used to be something she considered too dangerous to fight by herself, but now, she merely sees them as a challenge.
Callidus Thorn
Right.

Been on a bit of a Sci-Fi binge of late, but now I'm returning to fantasy. So I fired up Oblivion again biggrin.gif

Orvas

Orvas by candlelight

So Orvas made it through the Emperor's assassination, staying well back and watching. He wasn't surprised in the least by events though, so clearly he knows something of what's going on. He actually had a smug little smile on his face as he watched Baurus head off with the Amulet of Kings. Having gotten out of the sewers he swam across the lake, and went rummaging through Vilverin, clearing it of bandits and picking up some new and shiny iron armour in the process. Nothing like as good as his gear back in Vvardenfell, but it'll do.

Even better, after clearing the place out he headed back above ground for a meal. As he sat by the fire, eating the bandits' food and drinking some of their mead, he got a little chatty about his past. He was a former member of House Telvanni, but didn't go in for all the infighting and intrigue, not directly at least. In his own words:

"Nowhere is the phrase 'knowledge is power' truer than in House Telvanni. Knowing who a rival is working with and against, and more importantly, knowing what spells and enchantments they have about them, is vital. Trying to eliminate a rival without knowing enough is almost certain to lead to disaster. But that sort of thing tires me. Why bother fighting everyone else, when it's far easier to become invaluable to everyone else? So that's what I did. I became an Enchanter, and specialised in discreetly supplying enchanted items to others. I sold to everyone, and not just within house Telvanni. They all knew it, but they all stood to gain too much from my wares.

Meanwhile I'd sell enchanted gear to one person, and then the details of its magic to a half dozen more, letting me make money hand over fist. But such things an only last so long. After I received a letter about the death of my uncle in Cyrodiil, and learned that he's left me his Tower, I decided it was time to leave Vvardenfell for a while. Easier said than done. I had to fake my own death to get away from House Telvanni, and spent almost every coin I had getting to Cyrodiil in secret, and then got arrested to make sure I was in the right place to see if what I'd heard was true..."

What he'd heard, I can't say. He became tight lipped again at that point, and turned in for the night without saying another word. He was not happy when some magician, probably working with the dead bandits, attacked in the middle of the night. After blasting him with magic, he took the mages robes and shoes, since they were the right size. While looking for anything else of value, he came across the mage's spellbook, and one spell caught his eye. A Frenzy spell; up to level five for 30 seconds on target. A novice's spell. He's not much good at illusion, but it seems he might be getting some practice soon.
mALX
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jun 9 2015, 11:51 AM) *

Right.

Been on a bit of a Sci-Fi binge of late, but now I'm returning to fantasy. So I fired up Oblivion again biggrin.gif

Orvas

Orvas by candlelight

You made an awesome looking Dunmer! Great job you did on Orvas!

Acadian
Renee – Luvs Blackwood too! Buffy normally stays out of Atatar cuz its quest related, but enjoys the Drunken Dragon Inn nearby. Oh, and Veyond is wonderful! At Buffy’s level, all those special trolls have grand souls – every wonder where the Mages Guild gets filled grand soul gems? Only a few mages have the stones to fill those things up. whistling.gif I love the image of Saga going solo and Valennative style down in the marshes of Blackwood!

CT – Good to see you back in Tamriel. MALX is right – Orvas is a handsome Dunmer. goodjob.gif It’s so nice to see poor Baurus finally wised up and realized that taking custody of the amulet himself is a wise move. Impressive that he cleared Vilverin right out of the sewars – that’s a fair challenge I think.

Callidus Thorn
@mALX: Heh, thanks. With all the characters I've gotten through in Oblivion over the years, I've had an unfortunate amount of practice with Oblivion's character creation, and most of my characters have been Dunmer.

@Acadian: I've always found armoured spellcasters to be borderline overpowered early on. Between heavy armour, a shield spell, absorb health, a summoned skeleton, and that apprentice level frost spell, an armoured caster's damn near unkillable at level one in Vanilla Oblivion. The zombies in the undead section would have posed more of a challenge, but Orvas didn't find the pressure plate to open the hidden passageway.

Well, Orvas is now level two, having cleared out Sercen. He got to test out his new frenzy spell, which worked rather handily on a couple of bandits. Now he's got plenty of Welkynd Stones to examine. But he was frustrated by the locks he couldn't open. I'm not sure what he's going to do next, either work his way round to enter the Imperial City, or head north to Bruma and his Tower.
Renee
9:35 pm, Morning Star 22, 3rd Era 434

Kahreem of Weet is traveling by (stolen) horseback to Skingrad, with a bunch of weapons to sell, and he is going to sell these because he is desperate for money. An Imperial guard single-handedly demolished a group of goblins right outside of Derelict Mine, all Kahreem did was watch this spectacle. After the fight was over, he got this idea to collect any weapons carried by the goblins so he can sell these in Skingrad.

Let's all hope he makes it there with no hassles. His bounty is only 5 right now, but that could change at any minute.

mirocu
QUOTE(Renee @ Jun 14 2015, 02:58 AM) *

Let's all hope he makes it there with no hassles. His bounty is only 5 right now, but that could change at any minute.

Somehow I don´t doubt that rollinglaugh.gif
Grits
Renee, it’s fun to picture Saga slipping through the trees in Blackwood. I love that she’s concerned for her followers and wants to keep them safe. And Kahreem is loaded with weapons to sell – Kahreem the arms dealer! biggrin.gif

Callidus, Orvas looks great! I imagine he’s going to enjoy the Frenzy spell.
mALX
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jun 11 2015, 06:04 PM) *

@mALX: Heh, thanks. With all the characters I've gotten through in Oblivion over the years, I've had an unfortunate amount of practice with Oblivion's character creation, and most of my characters have been Dunmer.

Well, Orvas is now level two, having cleared out Sercen. He got to test out his new frenzy spell, which worked rather handily on a couple of bandits. Now he's got plenty of Welkynd Stones to examine. But he was frustrated by the locks he couldn't open. I'm not sure what he's going to do next, either work his way round to enter the Imperial City, or head north to Bruma and his Tower.

That is interesting, did you play dead is dead?

I don't remember ever going inside Sercen, though I clear out the bandits and dog every time I pass the area! I'll have to check it out and see what you have seen there!

Callidus Thorn
Yup. And I tend to play more recklessly than I should, resulting in a high character turnover rate. If you were to mod in a gravemarker for every character I've lost in Oblivion, they'd outnumber the npcs laugh.gif

sad.gif

And there's not much to see in Sercen, it's a pretty dull place. Has a rather amusing glitch involving a tripwire though, makes clearing it out a cakewalk.

On another note, Orvas made his way to Bruma, checked out Frostcrag Spire, and is pissed off by the fact he now has to go back to the Imperial City to get everything out of storage. He'll be even more annoyed once he sees the price list laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jun 22 2015, 12:12 PM) *

Yup. And I tend to play more recklessly than I should, resulting in a high character turnover rate. If you were to mod in a gravemarker for every character I've lost in Oblivion, they'd outnumber the npcs laugh.gif

sad.gif

And there's not much to see in Sercen, it's a pretty dull place. Has a rather amusing glitch involving a tripwire though, makes clearing it out a cakewalk.

On another note, Orvas made his way to Bruma, checked out Frostcrag Spire, and is pissed off by the fact he now has to go back to the Imperial City to get everything out of storage. He'll be even more annoyed once he sees the price list laugh.gif

I've never been able to play dead is dead unless I just was really tired of a character and wanted rid of it. I guess because the creation of them takes so long and is so intricate - hate to waste all that time usually; and then there are some I just love the character too much to let go ( like Maxical or Shivani ).

That Frostcrag Spire is kind of on and off for me. In the beginning of the game I used to stand inside it and delete it (console game) to see the Testinghalll area; just because it was there, and usually to grab the "Mace of Doom" and/or some sigil stones to enchant weapons and armor to sell.

But after that I'd re-install it and buy all the goods for it, grab all the wine and plants out - then never go there except to enchant stuff or get the Atranoch. Sometimes if my house in Skingrad was getting too full and stuttering the screen I'd move some stuff up there to the basement.

I thought it was so well done, but just couldn't love the place for some reason - I don't know why. I loved the Jeralls, and used to stay up there in camps and tents rather than sleep in the Spire.

I think the first time I played in it, my son killed Lucien Lachance in there and I had to see his dead body in there for a long time - in fact that is how I first learned about the glitch, Googling how to get his body out of Frostcrag Spire and came across the glitch. It worked, his body was deleted with the tower, lol.

Callidus Thorn
QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 22 2015, 06:38 PM) *

I've never been able to play dead is dead unless I just was really tired of a character and wanted rid of it. I guess because the creation of them takes so long and is so intricate - hate to waste all that time usually; and then there are some I just love the character too much to let go ( like Maxical or Shivani ).

I got into the habit when I was playing X3: Terran Conflict. I was a member of the official forums, started reading the fanfic section, one guy in particular was doing his Dead is Dead, three of them actually, which got me playing Dead is Dead. It's also where I made my first forays into writing fanfiction. They went about as well as anyone who's seen my attempts here would expect mellow.gif

I've been playing that way that my characters just seem too contrived and gamey if I don't play them Dead is Dead. Too much of the "Hero with a thousand extra lives" about them(1,000 points to anyone who gets the reference wink.gif )

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 22 2015, 06:38 PM) *

That Frostcrag Spire is kind of on and off for me. In the beginning of the game I used to stand inside it and delete it (console game) to see the Testinghalll area; just because it was there, and usually to grab the "Mace of Doom" and/or some sigil stones to enchant weapons and armor to sell.

But after that I'd re-install it and buy all the goods for it, grab all the wine and plants out - then never go there except to enchant stuff or get the Atranoch. Sometimes if my house in Skingrad was getting too full and stuttering the screen I'd move some stuff up there to the basement.

I thought it was so well done, but just couldn't love the place for some reason - I don't know why. I loved the Jeralls, and used to stay up there in camps and tents rather than sleep in the Spire.

I think the first time I played in it, my son killed Lucien Lachance in there and I had to see his dead body in there for a long time - in fact that is how I first learned about the glitch, Googling how to get his body out of Frostcrag Spire and came across the glitch. It worked, his body was deleted with the tower, lol.

Frostcrag Spire is literally my favourite place in the entirety of Oblivion. It's beautifully designed, allows you to sidestep those awful recommendation quests(love the concept, hate the execution), the alchemy garden is wonderful, and the Atronach Altar, Alchemy lab, and teleport pads give it a proper "Wizard's Tower" feel, as well as being awesome and unique(well, only the first two of those, but what self-respecting wizard would build a tower with stairs? laugh.gif )

I've never tried the glitch, I just couldn't bring myself to delete it biggrin.gif
Lopov
Nice to meet Orvas, he looks good, especially by candlelight. So he came to Cyrodiil to claim his heritage. I like his backstory, particularly that he had to fake his death and get himself arrested to make sure not to be pursued by House Telvanni.

Kahreem of Weet is traveling by (stolen) horseback to Skingrad

The word "stolen" is completely unnecessary in this sentence, I just wasted a second of my life by reading it biggrin.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jun 22 2015, 12:12 PM) *

Yes. CT means this. Every word.
mirocu
Yesterday as Lothran went the Gold from Anvil to Skingrad he got from Journeyman to Master in the Blunt arts! Actually this is the second time this happens. During a long period he only used swords and thus his skills with maces and axes faded a bit. It was quite fun to see a skill message again! biggrin.gif

So he´s in Skingrad now, on his way to Bravil and possibly Shivering Isles even though he sworn never to return. I think he needs a real adventure again wink.gif
Acadian
CT - Looks like a new lord of Frostcrag Spire! Congrats to Orvas. goodjob.gif

Mirocu - Fun to hear that the old warlock bashed his way to a rare (these days) new level of skill mastery. Anvil to Skingrad to Bravil to the SI - sounds like a good plan. smile.gif
mirocu
I looked at my last save and I noticed I haven´t played in a month! blink.gif

Weather is bleak today so we´re gonna skip the old car gathering stuff again, meaning another ´blivion session! biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Jun 22 2015, 04:55 PM) *

I got into the habit when I was playing X3: Terran Conflict. I was a member of the official forums, started reading the fanfic section, one guy in particular was doing his Dead is Dead, three of them actually, which got me playing Dead is Dead. It's also where I made my first forays into writing fanfiction. They went about as well as anyone who's seen my attempts here would expect mellow.gif

I've been playing that way that my characters just seem too contrived and gamey if I don't play them Dead is Dead. Too much of the "Hero with a thousand extra lives" about them(1,000 points to anyone who gets the reference wink.gif )

Frostcrag Spire is literally my favourite place in the entirety of Oblivion. It's beautifully designed, allows you to sidestep those awful recommendation quests(love the concept, hate the execution), the alchemy garden is wonderful, and the Atronach Altar, Alchemy lab, and teleport pads give it a proper "Wizard's Tower" feel, as well as being awesome and unique(well, only the first two of those, but what self-respecting wizard would build a tower with stairs? laugh.gif )

I've never tried the glitch, I just couldn't bring myself to d
elete it biggrin.gif

Your writing is wonderful! Don't ever let self doubt in, it creates those writer's blocks that kills your inspirations. It will block you from seeing how good you really are; and will keep you from becoming how good you can be.

I agree about the Wizard's Tower Alchemy garden, that is the best one I've seen in any game. I could never find anything I disliked about that tower; everything about it was so well done! And I loved the entry foyer and how that wall moved - like I said, everything about it was so well done!

I could never figure out what it was that kept me from loving it; because I liked everything about it. Maybe it was that first Oblivion game I played when my son left Lucien Lachance's body in there. That may have tainted me liking it, lol.

That incident it what caused me to buy my own 360 and my own Oblivion game, because my son and I were playing on the same game back then. I started playing and found that dead body in the bedroom, it was awful! I couldn't sleep in there, or get him out through a door. His body did not spawn out of the game, either.

At first I sat him up against the dresser on the other side of the room and covered him with stuff; but that looked awful and I couldn't sleep in the same room with his body. Then I dragged it into the alchemy garden and stuffed it down into the lava in the Oblivion part of the garden.

Anyway, it was after that incident that I stopped living in the tower in game, I even lived in the IC Waterfront shack or the outside cave of the Thieves Den rather than live in the tower, so I think it tainted it for me.

But I very much like the tower itself, the thought behind everything they put into that tower. I just stopped liking living in it, lol.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.