Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Are You Today?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 8 2014, 10:54 PM) *

On his way to Bravil.

"On his way..."

Kahreem, I take it? wink.gif
Renee
Yeah, that was pretty lame. laugh.gif Here's a proper update.

He is on his way to Bravil from Skingrad. He will meet up with S'krivva once he's in Bravil, but things aren't going too smooth.

He stole a horse from a guard near Greemmead Cave while the guard was fighting an imp and a wolf at the same time (Bounty: 250), then Kahreem got into a fight with a scamp near Pell's Gate. He was doing a community service at this moment. He didn't have to fight this scamp, but he decided to do so since he's pretending to be a guard. Guards protect people right? Anyways, he killed the scamp, then got on 'his' horse, and was witnessed by all the folks in Pell's Gate (Bounty 500)

The Redguard lady from Pell's began chasing Kahreem, but he finally lost her by the time he got to Inn of Ill Omen. It was night by now, and he just wanted to sleep. He couldn't do so though, because the Imperial Forester guy inside the inn tried to bust Kahreem for horse-theft. mad.gif The Forester chased my Redguard, where he (of course) got on his horse again (Bounty 750). Kahreem wound up back at the Inn of Ill Omen. The Redguard who chased him was probably in her own house by now, so he was able to sleep here.

He decided to ditch his Bravil Guard outfit in one of the sacks that are in Pell's Gate. Too many people know who he is by now, as they've witnessed a Redguard in guard's armor committing crimes, so he rode towards Bravil wearing no shirt, cheap pants, and chainmail boots + gauntlets. The guard helmet and cuirass are safely stashed away. ON his way to Bravil Kahreem ran into Countess Caro & Crew. The Countess's bodyguard recognized the Redguard wanted for horse-theft, so that led to yet another wild chase.

Last I saw him, he was still on his horse, somewhere near the Niben, safe from all. But I suspect next time we see him he will be in jail.
Grits
What a series of misadventures! At least he can get some solid rest in jail. Ending up shirtless on a stolen horse is a very Kahreem situation! biggrin.gif

The mod update I was waiting for has arrived, so Darnand and Jerric are returning to Cyrodiil. I expect unfinished Mages Guild business will take them to the eastern part of the province.
Acadian
Renee, that is so fun reading about Kahreem's misadventures with the law. Buffy, in +3500 hours in Cyrodiil, has never ever had a bounty. She's done some things that were not legal, but is so shadowy she's never been noticed. She's used to giving and receiving help to/from the Legion soldiers she encounters and counts them as friends.

Buffy has been spending some time in Cyrodiil. We've been doing some 'reverse engineering' so that it seems more natural for her to cross from Skyrim to Cyrodiil.

Speaking of which, I'm so glad to see that Jerric and Co also cross the magical boundary between games pretty freely. tongue.gif
mirocu
After all his good fortunes, itīs good to see Kahreem back in the saddle (of a stolen horse) laugh.gif

And yay for people and mer returning to Cyrodiil!! biggrin.gif
Renee
@ Acadian: Wow, that's very impressive. No bounty after 3,500 hours. That's amazing. I've only had one character who was technically bountyless (Dyan phor a'Cauz) but her game fell victim to a rare glitch that automatically gave her an 800+ bounty. mad.gif That made me so mad. But that wasn't real.

So she technically did not ever have a bounty, but her game was nowhere near 3,500 hours. Good job there.

@ mirocu: What about you? I know Lothran can get shady sometimes. Has he been bountyless though?

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 9 2014, 09:17 AM) *

The mod update I was waiting for has arrived, so Darnand and Jerric are returning to Cyrodiil. I expect unfinished Mages Guild business will take them to the eastern part of the province.

Sweet! It's been rather lonely playing Oblivion all by my lonesome. biggrin.gif Just kidding. Plenty of folks over at Beth are still into OB. I can't get enough of it on PC.

Matter of fact, my woodland elf is on her way .... actually I'm not sure where she 's going. smile.gif Just started her game, so it could be anywhere.

SubRosa
The Wheet Bandit strikes again! I guess that is what he gets for trying to "go straight". laugh.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 9 2014, 10:01 PM) *

@ mirocu: What about you? I know Lothran can get shady sometimes. Has he been bountyless though?

Ehhh, he may or may not have done things that may or may not have been shady. Or not hehe.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, heīs got some records but I canīt remember what his highest have been right now. I may or may not get back to that rollinglaugh.gif
Renee
Good to know, Crow.

Lady Saga has just visited the Arcane University. She got this mad idea to enchant an entire suit of armor (boots, greaves, breastplate, and gauntlets) with Resist Magic. Unfortunately, she doesn't know this spell yet, but she does know Shield.

So instead she's got an armor suit of extra shielding: mithril greaves, mithril gauntlets, chainmail cuirass, and chain boots, each enchanted with Shield 9%. Her total AR is now 45, and that's without any Shield spell added. If she casts this, we can add another 20% to the total. smile.gif

She's gotta learn Resist Magic next.
Acadian
I'm sorry to tell you, Renee, but resist magic is not enabled at the enchanting altar. That is, you cannot enchant your own resist magic gear at the altar. There are resist magic sigil stones however, that can be used to get the enchantment on armor and such. Hope that helps save you some frustration. smile.gif
Renee
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 11 2014, 08:50 PM) *

Hope that helps save you some frustration. smile.gif

Oh it's okay, thanks for the info. Chances are there's (say it with me) a mod that allows Resist Magic to be enchanted onto items. wink.gif
Acadian
Renee, there may well be but it seems it would be easier to simply use the command console to obtain appropriate sigil stones. Then use the sigils and pretend you enchanted things at the altar. Mods are really good for ongoing things, but for one-time uses (like making some resist magic gear), I find the command console to be just the ticket and much simpler. Just my two septims - so feel free to ignore. tongue.gif
SubRosa
Also if you are doing the main quest, I think in the big showdown with Mankar Camoran in Paradise he or one of his kids has a ring with a hefty resist magic enchantment on it. I believe it is leveled though, so you will get the most bang for your buck if you do it at higher levels. Ah-ha, it is the Mundane Ring, and you get it from Raven Camoran's body, but only if you are at least level 22. Here are a bunch of other resist magic options
Grits
Darnand is still fooling around with his books and alchemy. NPC Jerric is spending his leisure time eating, drinking, and chatting up the ladies. I can hear him in the background. It's been quite relaxing. smile.gif
Acadian
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 13 2014, 04:40 AM) *

Darnand is still fooling around with his books and alchemy. NPC Jerric is spending his leisure time eating, drinking, and chatting up the ladies. I can hear him in the background. It's been quite relaxing. smile.gif

Heh, all is as it should be in Jerric's world. biggrin.gif
Renee
Thanks all. I won't ignore your advice, Acadian, but I'll probably wind up doing that different somehow. Saga really wants an entire suit of RM; it's like she's kind of obsessed with it.

She nearly died again too. blink.gif In Ceyatatar. She and her Breton Illusionist dungeon-diving partner made their way to the final room of this Ayleid ruin. This is the room where several enemies congregate. Anyways, there were two mages, a clannfear, and three scamps. Two of the scamps were behind those doors (turn the lever, and this will kill these scamps with poison gas).

Anyways, she told the Breton to stay behind, because there's less chance of Saga's sneak-attacks getting ruined. Then she snuck up, and for some reason chose to fire an arrow at one free scamp (the only one not in a gas chamber). This wasn't a good idea because the scamp survived the attack, while we were expecting a one-shot-kill here. Since the scamp survived, this meant ALL of the enemies were now alerted.

My elf wound up running around the room, summoning rats at least 3 times. And healing herself, and getting an occasional shot in. Despite all the ruckus, the Breton gal did not join in with the fight until later on. And at one point, one of the mages got two or three lightning-strikes on Saga, and this zapped almost all her health. But she drank some pretty good potions. And then switched from bow to silver axe. Her axe was laced with some sort of poison.

So with her health failing, and her magicka waning, she begins whacking this mage with her axe. laugh.gif The mage fell down (MMM stuff) which was pretty cool. Saga killed him then, and we realized that finally the Breton had made her way up to help, getting rid of the second mage.

But at the end of that fight, my elf had maybe 1/4 health, 1/3 magicka, and just a sliver of fatigue, from all that axe-hacking.

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 13 2014, 07:40 AM) *

Awesome. Where are they?
Lopov
See, Saga should't ask her followers to consider their actions, now they almost let her to die. laugh.gif I'm glad she survived, the battle sounds tough.
mirocu
Reading about Saga reminded me of that time in a ruin when Lothran just barely survived. He was high-level and well-equipped but severely outnumbered and he had to summon all his skills in battle just to be able to leave the ruin alive.

This was actually one of the few times he really was in mortal danger. Even as a Warlock it can be dangerous to overestimate oneīs abilities...
Renee
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 14 2014, 10:35 AM) *
He was high-level and well-equipped but severely outnumbered and he had to summon all his skills in battle just to be able to leave the ruin alive.

Gets your adrenaline going, doesn't it? Well here is the story of someone who didn't fare so well as Lothran and Saga.

Middas, 11:41 am, Second Seed 29; 4th Era Year 5

IPB Image

The man's name was Horace Tyrelus, a bronze-skinned Imperial born and raised in the Heartlands.

Horace had met the blond-haired elf known as Lady Saga several days earlier, up in Chorrol. At first glance, he already knew who she was. Great with a bow, talented in the arts of Conjuration, Restoration, and Alchemy, and she knew how to live off the land for days upon days, without real food from civilization in her belly. She could sleep in rain, and her constitution was tough as nails. Though not Fighters Guild herself, word about Saga had been spreading through the guild for awhile.

Horace, a young man away from his family for the first real time, had joined the guild in Chorrol not long before meeting Saga. When she had first stepped inside his hall, he had done a double-take.

"Might I be of locating one Dunmer knownst as Modryn?"

"What?" Horace had asked.

"Sorry. My native tongue, it confuses. Modryn... is he here?"

But Modryn Oren had not been there. And Horace had assumed that would be the end of their conversation, but the elf known as Saga had continued. She asked him what he was skilled at, and what sort of background he had? "I don't like to boast but..." Horace had answered shyly.

At the time, he didn't know that his talents were being prospected by the blond elf before him, he had assumed she'd walk away at some point, raising her hand in dismissal. But things had not gone that way. And now here he was, with her, days after being hired for 200 gold. In the last several days he had seen more of Cyrodil, and braved more action, than he had seen in his previous eighteen years. He had been in the Imperial City before, for instance, but he had never seen the Arcane University's inside until three or four days ago.

Three or four days? ... Why not three? Why not four? .... The answer: because he had been so many places, and seen so many things, that he was starting to lose count. But he knows he's seen the inside of the Arcane University, and that's a very big deal to a former stablehand such as himself.

He had also fought several enemies along the way between the Imperial City and Skingrad: they had fought scamps and mages outside an Ayleid ruin; imps, rats, and goblins had randomly tried to thwart him and his crew as they traveled. But they had all fallen, and he had survived. And had some gold. With 263 gold currently burgeoning in his pockets ( imagine that?! ), he had seen more gold in one week than he had seen in .... many many years.

Overall it gave him pleasure to think the lady known as Saga had picked HIM, when she had been looking for his boss. Horace knew that Modryn and Saga had traveled together before, Modryn bragged about it all the time. But she had picked HIM over Modryn. Aerin from Valenwood had never allowed him to go inside any lairs or caves (yet), but Modryn didn't need to know this.

If I survive Kvatch, maybe I'll go back to Chorrol with a big old smile on my face, and boast a bit to Modryn, thinks Horace Tyrelus, former stablehand from the Heartlands.

``

Rumor was there had been trouble in Kvatch. The whole city had been burned to the ground years ago, but this sort of trouble was a lot more mundane than daedra and Oblivion gates. BANDITS! Bandits had been rumored to have taken over the whole place. Not just four or six, but dozens of them. Rumor had it that several bandit clans, West Weald and Gold Coast, had joined together to form the largest organization of outlaws ever seen in Cyrodiil.

"But if the rumors are true, then I pity those who must face her," Horace tells the elf Saga had picked up back in Skingrad. The elf's name was Arthor. or Erthor. Something like that. Erthor. That's it, with an 'E'. Erthor and Saga claimed to already know one another.

"Is that so?"

"Without question. Saga from Valenwood will take them down, one by one."

Saga had a talent for long-range covert attacks. Great with a bow, and even deadlier with a crossbow. Horace had witnessed this several times. She had a knack for knowing which way the wind was blowing, how off-center she'd have to aim her silent attacks, and rarely failed if her approach was not interrupted.

"I do not think she will falter, but I am glad to be at her side," said Horace Tyrelus on the last day of his life.

"Be seeing you."

mirocu
A story from the eyes of a follower? Nice biggrin.gif
Lopov
Nice story, Renee, it's good to read about how Cyrodiil used to be in the past and how it is now, and how other people perceive Saga.

The ending is sad but I had a feeling that it'll end somehow similar. R.I.P. Tyrelus.
Renee
I need to stop writing stories in which NPCs die. indifferent.gif Don't worry, the next story (I wrote two last night) isn't so saddened .... I mean sad.
Acadian
Aww, RIP to poor Horace and his short fighter career. kvright.gif I'm tempted to say he never should have left his job at the stable, but who knows? He might have been trampled by a horse there. wink.gif
mirocu
Special Lothran update

This time I will show Lothranīs slightly darker side with a list with all the various "crimes" he apparently committed rolleyes.gif Just remember that the Assaults are on unsuspecting Bandits, many pickpocket reports could very well just be to check what someone has on their person and that many items reported as Stolen are just items having been moved around or simply touched to avoid a sudden "explosion" when sitting down or standing up, and so on. Oh, and even though Trespasses show zero, they are in fact too numerous to list... evillol.gif

So, without further ado...

Largest Bounty: 1040
Horses Stolen: 6
Murders: 23
Assaults: 720
Trespasses: 0
Items Pickpocketed: 170
Items Stolen: 20828 (and counting!)
Days Jailed: 7
Locks Picked: 1877
Infamy: 11

Lopov
About time you wrote something about Lothran! goodjob.gif
It's a special update indeed though it surprises me that he had a pretty high bounty once. Care to tell what happened - I'm all ears. hubbahubba.gif
mirocu
I actually donīt remember but I think it happened around Skingrad. Canīt figure out what it was...
Grits
Renee, they were in Anvil, but they’re now on the bridge south of the IC. They’re heading to Cheydinhal on a mage errand.

Darnand tends to park Jerric somewhere and go about his business alone while he’s in town. He sometimes forgets where he left Jerric. Then we have to check the guilds and taverns, starting with the taverns of course. In Anvil there’s also the docks and the gardens by the chapel. There are usually a few ladies in the garden for him to chat with. Last time they were in the Anvil Mages Guild. Jerric talked to Carahil pretty much the whole time.

Argh, young Horace was lost to a giant! kvleft.gif

mirocu, it looks like Lothran is fond of property crime. Thanks for the Special Update! smile.gif
Renee
Cool, I like stats. Wow 720 assaults? ohmy.gif And ZERO trespasses???? smile.gif

Darnand tends to park Jerric somewhere and go about his business alone while he’s in town. He sometimes forgets where he left Jerric. Then we have to check the guilds and taverns, starting with the taverns of course. In Anvil there’s also the docks and the gardens by the chapel.

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Hey, has anybody seen my friend? He's human, fair-haired....

mirocu
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 17 2014, 05:20 PM) *

mirocu, it looks like Lothran is fond of property crime. Thanks for the Special Update! smile.gif

Youīre welcome, but a lot of those property crimes is just items being touched to prevent explosions biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 17 2014, 08:36 PM) *

Cool, I like stats. Wow 720 assaults? ohmy.gif And ZERO trespasses???? smile.gif

Yeah, I donīt understand that. Heīs trespassed so many times but it never shows huh.gif
mirocu
Lothran is doing the final preparations before the long journey north. He will spend one more night at the waterfront and the following morning he will head for Aleswell, hopefully heīll reach it before dark smile.gif
ghastley
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 17 2014, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 17 2014, 08:36 PM) *

Yeah, I donīt understand that. Heīs trespassed so many times but it never shows huh.gif

I think a trespass gets wiped if you "upgrade" it by stealing/assaulting while you're there.
Acadian
QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 21 2014, 01:42 PM) *
Lothran is doing the final preparations before the long journey north. He will spend one more night at the waterfront and the following morning he will head for Aleswell, hopefully heīll reach it before dark smile.gif
Buffy wishes a safe journey to her dear friend! smile.gif
Renee
ghastley; that makes sense. The crime gets upgraded, so 'trespass' is not needed anymore.

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 21 2014, 04:42 PM) *

That's good to know. Lady Saga is about to return to Lord Drad's Estate, where she is 'renting' both of the former slave houses. It's going to be a rather fun session once she gets back to these houses; I used the Construction Set to clean up a lot of the stuff lying all over the place, and also made every single container in Slave House #2 non-respawning, so she finally has somewhere to put all the stuff she has but doesn't use.

After that, she'll probably go adventuring. Still needs to find two more Ayleid statues.
Lopov
So Lothran is heading back to his cozy town yet again. People there will be even safer with him around but goblins beware!

Good luck to Saga in finding the missing statues, what does she do with all the gold she gets as a reward?
mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 22 2014, 08:47 PM) *

So Lothran is heading back to his cozy town yet again. People there will be even safer with him around but goblins beware!

Yup laugh.gif

And now the first leg of his journey north is complete; Aleswell is reached. Lothran even payed old Ancotar a visit smile.gif
Renee
Maybe Saga will head up to Bruma next. Why the heck not, right? Well right now it's summer in her game (Mid-year) so she's loving the Gold Coast area. But maybe when it gets really hot she'll head north.

Good luck to Saga in finding the missing statues, what does she do with all the gold she gets as a reward?

Most of her gold goes into the bank. She's got about 11,000 gold in there, something like that. She rarely carries more than a thousand on her person.

Whenever she needs a huge chunk of Septims, *clink* there they are. Like she got this urge to buy a chestnut horse (2,500 gp) up in Chorrol. And last time she was at the AU, she made all that Shielding armor. Well, that armor got junked really fast when she was battling those bandits in Kvatch. laugh.gif She spent all this money enchanting it (thousands of gold), but then wound up ditching it all when it got broken.

Right now she's in Anvil's Mage Guild, mixing up some potions.
Acadian
And Lothie's winter migration has begun! happy.gif

Sounds like Saga needs to learn how to repair enchanted armor! tongue.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 23 2014, 10:23 PM) *

And Lothie's winter migration has begun! happy.gif

Yup biggrin.gif

Tonight he cleared out Fingerbowl Cave which as you know is right next to Aleswell. He hasnīt gone through it all in ages so it was about time. Killed lots o Necrodudes ( and dudettes), Wraiths and disgusting zombies. And in one of the sub-caves he found something very interesting; a bow and a sword he apparenly dropped all that time ago when he first visited the cave! We know it was his since they were both repaired up to 125% smile.gif
ghastley
So now his bounty for littering has been reduced, and the save game got smaller by several bytes. Every little helps! biggrin.gif
mirocu
QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 24 2014, 10:07 PM) *

So now his bounty for littering has been reduced, and the save game got smaller by several bytes. Every little helps! biggrin.gif

Actually... itīs still there. He didnīt pick it up! laugh.gif He likes leaving stuff behind here and there and forget about them, only to rediscover them a few years later wink.gif

Tonight he went through a ruin heīs never been inside before; Piukanda! Since itīs also close to Aleswell he decided to take a look around for possible artifacts. He didnīt find any, but he got a lot of gold and some trinkets smile.gif
Acadian
What a neat find for Lothran, stumbling across an old bow and sword of his. smile.gif

And how fun finding a dungeon he's not been in before after all this time!
mirocu
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 26 2014, 03:49 AM) *

What a neat find for Lothran, stumbling across an old bow and sword of his. smile.gif

It is actually pretty nice smile.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 26 2014, 03:49 AM) *

And how fun finding a dungeon he's not been in before after all this time!

And one that is so close to the road! laugh.gif
Acadian
I know Buffy's cleared the 'PeekingInto' ruins but not often. Straight undead dungeons aren't her fave. She generally avoids just critter dungeons as well. Vamps, necro/conjur-dudes, bandits, marauders are ever so much more fun!

At her perma-level of 19 almost all the goblins she encounters are shamans. They're not a problem, just boring fighting a whole dungeon full of them with no melee types. I guess at higher levels one sees more of the warlords. So. . . gobbie dungeons lack the variety I'd like in our game.
Renee
Sometimes I like finding something one of mine has dropped long ago too, even though this is bad for save-bloating, it's great for i.... i....imm (say it SAY IT) immERSION. Kahreem's game often has multiple sets of jail clothes located just outside the prison or great hall he initially steps out of when his sentence is done, for instance.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 26 2014, 06:43 PM) *

I know Buffy's cleared the 'PeekingInto' ruins but not often. Straight undead dungeons aren't her fave. She generally avoids just critter dungeons as well. Vamps, necro/conjur-dudes, bandits, marauders are ever so much more fun!

Ha ha you sound like me! .. I get downright giddy sometimes when I know we've just entered an NPC lair. biggrin.gif It's all the silly things they say, and sometimes the more-interesting strategy they offer.

On the other hand, critter lairs have surprisingly good loot in the vanilla game. A lot of my characters' top gear (detect life, resist, enchantment bonuses, etc.) have been found in some dusty old imp cave.
mirocu
The Road to the Cold

Finally it was time for the final leg of the journey north! Lothran was all ready, everything was in order and the weather couldnīt have been better. He started off from Aleswell in mid-day and soon reached Sercen, the Ayleid ruin in the junction of The Red Ring Road and The Silver Road. When he came closer to the ruin he could see an Imperial Legionnaire in trouble! He was fighting a bandit and the banditīs dog and it seemed he was losing! Lothran quickly unsheathed his Elemental Mace and ran as quick as he could to assist, but it was too late. He wasn t even close enough to do anything when he saw the brave soldier fall to the ground and the bandit turn his attention to him. Needless to say, the Orc bandit soon payed his debt in the only way possible.

After the fight, Lothran looked upon the dead Legionnaire. His body was in a weird position and his weapon and shield lay all around him. To pay his respect to the brave man, Lothran carefully re-arranged him in a position almost similar to when kings are to be buried and placed his silver longsword on his right side and the shield on his left. At least he would look more dignified when his comrades come to pick him up..

The feet of the Nordic Dunmer werenīt as light as before when he slowly continued on his way. But he knew he must leave it all behind him and focus on the road ahead in case more trouble were to show up. The occasional bandit did and Lothran released all his fury onto them in way usually unseen of. The fights were quick and brutal with no care taken to protect himself from blows. He didnīt have patience to calculate any tactics, he just needed to move on..

Upon late afternoon when the sun was about to set and the light shifted, he started to see snow on the ground. That beautiful white powder that always made it far too easy to follow prey. He could also feel the icy coldness in his face and suddenly all his attention shifted from the dead Legionnaire down in the valley, to the memories from long ago. All the adventures he experienced when he first set foot up in the mountains in search of the only fence that would buy what he had stolen to survive, when he first looked for a lost artifact in the blazingly cold Pale Pass and when he was hunting the fellow Dunmer who claimed he was a vampire hunter.

When the gates slammed shut behind him and he saw the beautiful town of Bruma, he was finally home again. Lothran the Nordic Dunmer was home! happy.gif
Lopov
That's beautiful, probably one of the best Lothran's stories.

And unusually long too. tongue.gif
Acadian
Touching bit about the soldier. kvleft.gif

Yay! Lothran's home! Now, go get that fireplace going! biggrin.gif
Renee
WHOA a LOTHRAN story. An actual Lothran story. .. I'm ... I'm speechless.

No I'm not. Welcome home, elf.
Renee
Turdas, 839 am, Second Seed 30; 4th Era 5

Level: 10

IPB Image

"I just can't sleep. Everytime I close my eyes I can't stop thinking about it."

"I'm just tired. I can't face it. I'll have to start all over from nothing."

Five years had passed since the Oblivion Crisis had ended.

"I knew Captain Matius would get us through this. He'd be up for a commendation, if anyone were left to issue it."

Lady Saga looks to the soldier before her and nods in agreement, although she has never heard of Captian Matius, and does not exactly know the full politics of what had happened in Kvatch. She knew that even though Cyrodiil's current Arch Mage had saved the place, the whole city had still been burned to the ground years ago, and because of this she is shocked to find that even after all these years there's still a group of stragglers living just outside the city, in tents and by campfire. Apparently these stragglers had migrated from Kvatch after the Oblivion Crisis, and had been staying all over Cyrodiil. Now that they've returned, they realize there's suddenly nowhere to return to.

Why do they not just make reclaiming of their precious town, and rebuild?

"I've never seen anything like this," another soldier admits. "It's horrible, just horrilble. I'm just going to keep my head down, and follow my orders."

The things the stragglers speak of are not the daedra, no they have no returned.

"Bandits have taken over Kvatch, they've looted the town of all its remaining treasures."

Saga already knows what she's up against, and she's prepared wisely. Bandits, and lots of them, have captured Kvatch. Rumor had it several clans of these outlaws had managed to invade the ruined town over the last few weeks, now that the fires were gone. But they will not be of lasting, she thinks. Not if I can make differences.

She commands her horse to stay with the stragglers, then sets about gathering up things she shall need: her enchanted Bow of Scorching tops this list. Also, she grabs an assortment of arrows: steel, iron, and magic. Potions and poisons. A little food and drink. And she's on her way. She climbs the hill toward the town with her current followers: Erhor the Errant Elf of Skingrad, a highly-skilled Breton Illusionist named Sharonne Mitymme, and a couple of Imperial road patrols she had met (and hired) on her way to Kvatch.

She hopes this party she's assembled will rid the bandits as a group, although initially she plans on sneaking into Kvatch all by herself. Better to avoid unavoidable ruckus.

IPB Image

IPB Image

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

10:31 AM
Rain begins to pour, and the sky darkens the moment Saga enters the formerly-deserted town. It's not just a sprinkle, it's a deluge. Despite this, the first bandit, a Khajiit from West Weald who had (until recently) been comfortably living inside of Cursed Mine, spotted the elf the moment she had entered. This Khajiit had been standing beside Kvatch's ruined chapel, trying to think of a way to get inside its long-barricaded doors, when the elf showed up. The bandit drew her battleaxe, confident that she'd be able to put down the elf, and already thinking about the bragging-rights she'd have.

But she had been quickly swarmed by a group of small creatures, surrounding her from all avenues, forcing her to fight with them instead of the elf. Because of the rain, it had taken her several moments to realize she was now dealing with a group of rats instead of the elf who was now drawing her bow.

IPB Image

The second bandit Saga encountered had fared a little better, but ultimately also fell. This one was an Altmer trained in the arts of Destruction, who had formerly lived in a slew of West Weald encampments. He had also been surrounded by the elf's rats, but had managed to evade them as he casted spell after spell, dancing from foot to foot. But he had met his end with a steel arrow in his gut, not by rat-bites.

The third had bandit not suffered at all. She had merely been taken down by a well-aimed arrow from a distance. One moment she had been standing by Kvatch's chapel, wondering when they'd finally begin to build proper shelter here, so they wouldn't have to stand around in the rain. The next moment, her life had ended.

The fourth was an archer, a Dunmer with a set of very rare armor made from a fallen land dreugh. He wielded a crossbow, but had failed to get a shot in before Saga had taken him down from a distance. Because of his armor, though, he had survived, and had at least tried to take the elf who had shot him down. But she was skilled. She knew how to move, and how to dodge. And he had failed.

IPB Image

11:55 am
Lady Saga casts her dual life-detection spells, and begins to realize the rumors must not be true. Where are the hordes of outlaws she had heard about? ... In her vision, she only can see two more, located perhaps on the far sides of the former town. She creeps forward a bit, and realizes there are three. No, four. No, five...the numbers just keep adding up.

She sneaks in the rain, glad that she hasn't brought along the others, but she also knows they must be getting restless in the rain. So she decides to return to them, gets them to follow her, and within minutes the entire group of five is now with her, inside Kvatch's walls. This was ultimately a bad decision. As she approaches the outlaws, many of whom are taking shelter from the rain, one of them spots her, and a massive melee ensues. She is attacked by several of them at once, and finds herself forced to flee so she can regain a proper place to make her arrows count.

Aerin from Valenwood dashes around and around, summoning more rats, and hoping for a decent shot. But there are more bandits wearing the rare armor she had seen. Someone in Kvatch knows what he or she is doing. These bandits had managed to somehow elevate their usual furs and leathers into protection more effective.

But they all fall, and they all fail.

After the battle, Saga is terrified to find that all her party has died, or so it seems. She finds about a dozen bandits, but among the fallen she also finds the road patrols she had hired. Just as she's about to panic (for she suspects there may be even more to fight, hidden inside Kvatch's former castle) a small figure emerges from the carnage.

"I can't wait to get back to Skingrad, safe and sound!"

"Erthor! By amazement, you have made your survival!"

"Let's get out of here, let's go."

"No, this act cannot be of commencement as of yet. I must make finding of Sharonne."

And indeed, Saga does find her Breton partner, the most capable wizard she has ever met. And luckily, Sharonne happens to have several potions* she has brewed still on her person. These potions involve the highest form of magic, Alchemy-wise; Saga herself could have never concocted such a mixture.

"And here goes you."

She pours one of these potions into Sharonne's mouth, and is surprised with the Breton arises quickly, as though death had never taken her. "Good day!" she says brightly, perhaps unaware of what had just happened.

Lady Saga decides that the rest of Kvatch shall be taken by her, and her alone. She tells Erthor and Sharonne it's probably best if they stay down the hill with the rest of Kvatch's refugees, then returns by nightfall to deal with the rest of the outlaws. Overall there are just over two dozen of them. Rainstorm or not, the elf from Valenwood takes them down slowly. This is not an easy feat. To make her covert shots requires that she sneaks upon them from great distance; much of Kvatch's inner terrain is wide-open you see, which means there are several times she's spotted, even though she makes her siege by night.

But they fall, all of them. Within 24 hours, Aerin from Valenwood is able to report that Kvatch is now ready for reclaiming, for the waifs and castaways located down-hill.

IPB Image

mirocu
QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 29 2014, 10:22 AM) *

That's beautiful, probably one of the best Lothran's stories.

Thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 29 2014, 10:22 AM) *

And unusually long too. tongue.gif

I went back and forth whether I should write all that or just "Lothranīs in Bruma" ... laugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 29 2014, 02:30 PM) *

Touching bit about the soldier. kvleft.gif

It was rather sad indeed kvright.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 29 2014, 02:30 PM) *

Yay! Lothran's home! Now, go get that fireplace going! biggrin.gif

Done and done! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Nov 29 2014, 05:14 PM) *

WHOA a LOTHRAN story. An actual Lothran story. .. I'm ... I'm speechless.

No I'm not. Welcome home, elf.

He sends his thanks biggrin.gif

And nice story about Saga saving Kavatch there goodjob.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.