Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Am I?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General RPG Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96
Renee
YES, very good! cake.gif Impressive.
SubRosa
Oops, I did not notice Renee's reply until just now.

Where is this?
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 28 2018, 08:10 PM) *

Where is this?

My Morrowind geographical knowledge is rusty, but I think that is Pelagiad.
SubRosa
QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 28 2018, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 28 2018, 08:10 PM) *

Where is this?

My Morrowind geographical knowledge is rusty, but I think that is Pelagiad.

Nope, farther north. Keep trying.
RaderOfTheLostArk
My second guess was Caldera. How about that one?
SubRosa
QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 28 2018, 11:32 PM) *

My second guess was Caldera. How about that one?

Caldera it is! cake.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk
Where was Mariah?
mALX
QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 30 2018, 12:11 AM) *

A Vault, final answer!

Renee
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 30 2018, 12:18 AM) *

A Vault, final answer!

laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Hmm. Total guess here but I'll say Vault 34. You are playing New Vegas, right? Yeah I'll say 34.

Lopov
I'm not sure where she is, but it's not in the vault, both floor and ceiling look like that of a house.

I assume the location is from the DLC, but it can't be HH or LR, and probably not even DM. So let's stick with OWB. Maybe it's one of the houses in Higgs Village? Or maybe all that I've just written, is totally wrong. biggrin.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 30 2018, 12:11 AM) *

A Vault, final answer!

Negative.

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 30 2018, 10:00 AM) *

A Vault, final answer!

laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

Hmm. Total guess here but I'll say Vault 34. You are playing New Vegas, right? Yeah I'll say 34.

New Vegas, affirmative. Vault, negative.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 30 2018, 11:51 AM) *

I'm not sure where she is, but it's not in the vault, both floor and ceiling look like that of a house.

I assume the location is from the DLC, but it can't be HH or LR, and probably not even DM. So let's stick with OWB. Maybe it's one of the houses in Higgs Village? Or maybe all that I've just written, is totally wrong. biggrin.gif

Impressive deduction skills! Yep, it's Higgs Village. I don't remember which house it is either. I was just looking for the broad answer of Higgs Village, but I didn't want to say anything about giving a broad/specific answer in case that gave it away.

cake.gif
Lopov
Nice!

Where is Joe Burg?
mALX

In the Commonwealth, Final Answer!

Lopov
Nope, it's the Mojave. wink.gif
mALX

That bar in Goodsprings?

Lopov
Nope, it's quite far from GS.
mALX

Up in the Boomer's Mess Hall?
Lopov
Nope.

RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 30 2018, 02:14 PM) *

I was thinking Jacobstown at first, but if it was the room should look more ransacked. It's got to be somewhere near the Vegas Strip, yeah?
Lopov
Jacobstown Lodge is the correct answer.

There is the only pinball machine in the game.

cake.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 31 2018, 05:13 PM) *

Jacobstown Lodge is the correct answer.

There is the only pinball machine in the game.

cake.gif

Well, I guess I shouldn't have second-guessed myself.

Where was Mariah?
Lopov
Huh, this one is difficult, and taken at a tricky angle too. wink.gif

I can't get any more specific ATM, but for now I'll say she's somewhere close to Nelson / Camp Forlorn Hope area.
mALX

I can't see it; verysad.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 2 2019, 02:29 AM) *

Huh, this one is difficult, and taken at a tricky angle too. wink.gif

I can't get any more specific ATM, but for now I'll say she's somewhere close to Nelson / Camp Forlorn Hope area.

Nope, further north.

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 2 2019, 10:07 AM) *

I can't see it; verysad.gif

Sorry, mALX, but don't feel bad. It's supposed to be a dark picture to make it a little tricky.
Lopov
How far north? laugh.gif

Hoover Dam?
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 2 2019, 02:32 PM) *

How far north? laugh.gif

Hoover Dam?

More north than that.

Here's a bit of a hint: Think about why my screenshot is angled the way it is. More to this hint in a spoiler.

SubRosa
Ranger Station Alpha?
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 3 2019, 06:02 PM) *

Ranger Station Alpha?

Still a ways off, but you got the basic idea of what kind of location it is.

Addendum to my previous hint. Not only did I keep what is behind and ahead of Mariah out of the picture, but if I had aimed the camera downward at all it would probably give away where she is.
SubRosa
Bitter Springs?
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 3 2019, 06:58 PM) *

Bitter Springs?

Not Bitter Springs, but you are quite warm. Your guess was the closest answer yet.

I guess my hints haven't been as helpful as I thought they'd be. As all these guesses have been getting at, the location is indeed along the Colorado River. I realized just a little while ago that a helpful hint was left just out of the picture. It was a sign, but I won't say what that sign was just yet.
RaderOfTheLostArk
Hmm, maybe another hint is needed. The sign I was referring to says "scenic overlook." It is right behind that little barrier of rocks in front of Mariah.
Lopov
Lopov facepalms. happy.gif

Camp Guardian?
RaderOfTheLostArk
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 5 2019, 04:02 PM) *

Lopov facepalms. happy.gif

Camp Guardian?

And there it is! While I preferred Guardian Peak since it is technically that location, it's basically the same area and I was going to accept either answer.

The location that Mariah was looking toward was The Fort, behind her is that deserted NCR camp, and what I was referring to that was below her is the long drop to the ground below (which would not have given it away on its own, but with the other clues would've made it more likely to be figured out).

cake.gif Your turn, Lopov!
Lopov
As soon as you mentioned the "Scenic Overlook", I remembered that place, but before I was clueless. You really took that pic at a tricky angle, obscuring anything that'd hint to the location. wink.gif

The other day I found this old screenie from New Vegas in a folder, where screenies that survived my disk crash from years ago, are stored. It took me a while to figure out where it was taken but then I remembered.

So tell me...where is Joe Burg?
mALX

Vault 19?

Lopov
Nope.
Lopov
Looks like hints are needed.

This location can only be accessed during a specific quest of the main quest and even then, it's quite hard to access it. It's not necessary to discover this location at all, however.
SubRosa
The bunker under The Fort, where you upgrade the Securitrons?
Lopov
Nope.

Kane
El Dorado Substation?
Lopov
Nope.

The place in question is inside the city of New Vegas.

mALX

Is it just a tiny bit north and just slightly east of Fort McCarran?

Lopov
Nope.

It's under the Strip actually.
SubRosa
Is it the bunker where Mr. House's body is kept?
Lopov
Nope.
SubRosa
Vault 21?
Lopov
Technically that counts as the correct answer and because the game's been going on for a long time, I'm going to give the cake.gif to you. The exact answer was the basement under the Tops, where Benny flees if you let him go. The place is connected to Vault 21, however, and that's where you end up when chasing him. You can't actually catch him, though.

From the wiki:

The sub-basement
The sub-basement itself is a small room with a breached wall leading into a sealed-off section of Vault 21. This section is presumably part of the reactor maintenance section for the vault. It does however contain some minor loot in lockers and several explosives crates that Benny may have used in excavating the section.

If one explores the unfinished vault, they will find several inaccessible doors, but there is one door at the end of a corridor that, if opened with the console command "unlock," will lead to a void. If one jumps inside the void they will be teleported to the real Vault 21. Then they can simply turn around and leave to New Vegas or explore the vault.
mALX
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 13 2019, 09:27 AM) *

Technically that counts as the correct answer and because the game's been going on for a long time, I'm going to give the cake.gif to you. The exact answer was the basement under the Tops, where Benny flees if you let him go. The place is connected to Vault 21, however, and that's where you end up when chasing him. You can't actually catch him, though.

From the wiki:

The sub-basement
The sub-basement itself is a small room with a breached wall leading into a sealed-off section of Vault 21. This section is presumably part of the reactor maintenance section for the vault. It does however contain some minor loot in lockers and several explosives crates that Benny may have used in excavating the section.

If one explores the unfinished vault, they will find several inaccessible doors, but there is one door at the end of a corridor that, if opened with the console command "unlock," will lead to a void. If one jumps inside the void they will be teleported to the real Vault 21. Then they can simply turn around and leave to New Vegas or explore the vault.

I LOVE places like this in game! Now I want to start a game just to find it!!!!

SubRosa
QUOTE(Lopov @ Jan 13 2019, 09:27 AM) *

From the wiki:

The sub-basement

I have never let Benny escape, so I have never seen that area.

Where is Medusa? (This location does not have a name, just let me know where it is near).
mALX

Right? Like = who is going to let Benny escape when he is wearing that awesome checkered suit they can get for killing him? ... is the one who shot you in the head at the beginning of the game? laugh.gif

Okay, if I am not mistaken; that is a kind of sniper tower located south of that non-quest related ghoul workshop in the basement of a house.

When you near the tower there is someone shooting from the top; but when you kill them you still get the warning that the area is not cleared; so you go into the base of the man-made tower and find a bed with a Raider sleeping in it (that instantly jumps up and attacks you). It didn't produce a map marker for me to return to it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.