Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Am I?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General RPG Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96
mirocu
Correct!

SubRosa gets the cake.gif !
SubRosa
Where is Blood Raven?
Acadian
Killing the dragon just outside Whiterun, I think. The first one you can suck the soul out of.
Renee
The name of the place is Western Watchtower, although if that's correct, let's give the cake to Acadian. smile.gif
SubRosa
It is indeed the Western Watchtower where you fight the first dragon (not counting the one who saved your life in the beginning of the game wink.gif ). Since Renee asked, the cake.gif goes to Acadian.
Acadian
'All along the watchtower' . . . oh, thanks, SubRosa!

A challenge I expect for those not familiar with ESO, but in which city does Buffy find herself?
ghastley
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 11 2022, 05:45 PM) *

'All along the watchtower' . . . oh, thanks, SubRosa!

A challenge I expect for those not familiar with ESO, but in which city does Buffy find herself?

Indeed. I hardly knew Stormhold myself, from that angle.
Acadian
Good job, ghastley! Your cake.gif
ghastley
I confess to a very slight photoshop on this one. Unna was almost hiding her bra, so I finished the job for her.

Where is she? Bonus cake for the name of the event, especially if you can be specific to which part.
Renee
Skyrim, final answer! viking.gif Kidding. I have no idea. How about White River Watch?
Lena Wolf
Looks like Solstheim to me. Some kind of Nordic skinny dipping initiation ritual. biggrin.gif As long as there's mead... wink.gif
Acadian
Snow Ball Merriment Snow Bear Plunge!

Pretty good answers for non-ESO'ers. salute.gif It is indeed a Nordic ritual but takes place at Windhelm during the annual New Life Festival. You jump from height into the freezing water from three different locations, then swim to the respective warming fire and have some mead.

This shot is after one such jump and I believe the warming bonfire depicted is near the base of Dead Man's Fall, just west of Windhelm.

It is only by the grace of Jerric's (Grits' character) gift to Buffy years ago of an enchanted toe ring of resist frost that the little wood elf can survive these jumps into freezing water.
ghastley
That’s at least three cake.gifs for Acadian. Right location, right event, and right jump.
Acadian
Don't want us to overdo a good thing (ESO) so here is an old Skyrim shot.

Where is Buffy?
Renee
QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 12 2022, 04:52 PM) *

Mmm, Skyrim > Winterhold > Mages College > Hall of Countenance? bluewizardsmile.gif

macole
College of Winterhold, Hall of Attainment, Tolfdir’s room
Acadian
Two right answers. I confess, that is an old picture and I cannot pin down its location more specifically than College of Winterhold and that Tolfdir is the fellow in the shot. Renee was first though, so let's give the cake to her. smile.gif

Over to you, Renee! cake.gif
Renee
Woo hooo thanks! Yea I figured it's a 50/50 shot. One hall or the other.

I've been eating too much cake lately, so I'm giving the cake.gif to macole. cake.gif Have at it.

macole
Thank you, Renee.

Where is this dual taking place? The clues are there that tell you where.
Lena Wolf
Castle Chorrol? If I'm not mistaken, the Countess is sitting on the throne, watching.
Renee
I will say Bruma's Castle, Great Hall! viking.gif
macole
Renee is correct. cake.gif It is Castle Bruma,s Great Hall.
Note: Castle Chorrol has runners depicting the Great Oak hang on the wall flanking the throne.
Renee
Sweet, I've been getting a lot of these lately.

But take the cake.gif though Lena, my tummy can't handle any more icing yet.

macole
QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Mar 14 2022, 04:01 AM) *

Castle Chorrol? If I'm not mistaken, the Countess is sitting on the throne, watching.

Lena, Renee is passing the cake.gif to you.
Renee
That's fine. Where are Claire (and Lucia?)
Lopov
The buyable house in Whiterun?
Renee
QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 16 2022, 10:17 AM) *

The buyable house in Whiterun?

Yes that is. cake.gif Genieße deinen kuchen, Lopov.
Lena Wolf
QUOTE(macole @ Mar 16 2022, 04:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Mar 14 2022, 04:01 AM) *

Lena, Renee is passing the cake.gif to you.

Thanks! And sorry, I was rather preoccupied with Elden Root... ohmy.gif
Lopov
Thanks.

Where is Jes?
mirocu
I would say Isolated House S-E of Skingrad where Lothran always goes to pick up Flax during Easter biggrin.gif
Lopov
Yes, indeed.

cake.gif
mirocu
Thank you!

Where is Thor?
Acadian
In TES III inside the mouth of a snow bear. wink.gif
mirocu
Eh, not exactly the answer I was looking for tongue.gif
macole
I'm thinking you're at the Great Mead Hall in Thirsk, Solstheim
Lopov
This is Thor? I thought that your character in MW is called Karl.
mirocu
QUOTE(macole @ Mar 17 2022, 05:47 AM) *

I'm thinking you're at the Great Mead Hall in Thirsk, Solstheim

You are correct! Your turn! cake.gif

QUOTE(Lopov @ Mar 17 2022, 10:14 AM) *

This is Thor? I thought that your character in MW is called Karl.

You are also correct! I misspoke tongue.gif

Here, have a consolation cake.gif
macole
Thanks for the cake, let's try this one.

Where am I?
Lena Wolf
Fort Pale Pass. This is the Draconian Madstone.
macole
QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Mar 18 2022, 01:57 PM) *

Fort Pale Pass. This is the Draconian Madstone.

Yes, that is correct. The cake.gif is Lena's.
Lena Wolf
All right! Thanks, Macole! biggrin.gif

What about this?
mirocu
Not gonna "guess" because I don't need to. I'm letting it go to someone else. I'm much more interested in what has just happened!?? laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lena Wolf
Isn't it obvious? laugh.gif It's raining men! Hallelujah! laugh.gif
Kane
Wildeye Stables?
Lena Wolf
Yes! biggrin.gif cake.gif for Kane!
Kane
Thought so, lol. I only had one extended Oblivion playthrough, but I recognize Bruma pretty easily.

Where Am I?
SubRosa
Tough crowd. I think that is the Shamrock Taphouse?
Kane
Negative.
Renee
West Virginia! No, I am kidding. I have no idea. That looks like 76 though? I'd be totally guessing.

Whitespring Manor, final answer! (I just cheated with a map)
Kane
*bzzt*
SubRosa has the right game, with her suggestion of a Fallout 4 location. I'll drop a hint: it has to do with follower quest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.