Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
monkeyemoness
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 6 2018, 10:16 PM) *

-stuff-

I think you sort of hit on another issue I've personally been having with ESO in general: outside of dailies, I don't play enough to get a feel for my characters anymore. (As a friend put it: "I have toons, not characters.")

It isn't that big of a deal for the three Squad members, since I've been playing them long enough for their personalities to be established. But I think that more or less draws attention to the problem: they had their entire alliance worth of quests and adventures, this game probably being the absolute best at playing along with the few things about them that I had established on creation. They also had the privilege of being the group that tested out every aspect of the game. Any new characters I make don't really get either of those things, and they rely more on things I've been planning for over a year now. (In other words, for now they're more like props for the main three than their own characters. Fjotreid at least had his own questline to do, but I admit there still isn't much to him beyond "Xochitl's adopted brother".)

I think the one that got it worst was my Crafting Monkey. At one point he was supposed to break out into his own character but after he finished the Dark Brotherhood questline that idea died pretty quickly. I never even call him by name on these forums lmao

But anyways, yeah, I can totally see how voice RP can get awkward lmao. Random interaction is also how I got into that Argonian guild I mentioned earlier. Xochitl was standing in Mournhold on her Guar when another Argonian player came and complimented my Maximal Lizard Posse.

Today in Tamriel I brought the Shaggy Bookkeeper out of storage duties to start doing basic writs again. (Yes, I was inspired by the recent discussion in the Tips and Tricks thread) Got surveys for all 3 equipment professions so it's already paying off. Keeping track of another crafter and five minutes doing writs is better than spending half an hour gathering stuff, tbh. That said, the fact that most of his inventory is filled up means it'll probably make the five minutes into ten most of the time lol This is what going to keep him from being deleted when storage comes
mALX

Yeah, I look at Britta now and now she is one of my top favorite characters; but for three years she stood in a bank in her underwear doing nothing but hold stuff. I planned to delete her! If I had = I would have missed out on the most fun I've had in game. Really; because if I hadn't had an Imperial Dragon Knight sitting in the bank at the time I heard that conversation; I doubt I would have just decided to make one just to test out their theories. Since she was there already; it was no big deal just to throw some armor on her and follow their instructions. Now I love her, and am SO happy I didn't delete her!

The same thing is happening with Bubba, who has been on the line for deleting for a long time. I'm finally starting to enjoy him.

There is one character who was slotted for deletion at any time these three years because she "grunts" and I can't stand to hear it. Well, last year they added the ability to change her voice; so I have kept her just in case I have the extra crowns to spend on her.

The reason I have trouble deleting characters and wait so long is that I have so much invested in them that I hate to throw it away. Full backpacks and horse training so they all have 200 inventory slots; all the recipes and motifs that got handed down to them; all the researching; etc.

Grits
Glitter the Disco Pony had a great time trotting along after Jerric today. In typical fashion Jerric kept forgetting that he had a new fabulous friend at his heels until in the middle of a serious discussion with a questgiver or merchant he would see Glitter in the background doing his little rearing-up thing. Also upon passing through any kind of doorway, Glitter would make his sparkle noise to remind Jerric of his cheerful presence.

If anyone in Jerric’s crew spends a fortune on the Sparkle Horse, it will be Abiene. She has no budget sense and a taste for prettiness. Also she is drawn to smooth hair unlike her own that takes a braid. So we’ll see.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 8 2018, 02:57 PM) *

Glitter the Disco Pony had a great time trotting along after Jerric today. In typical fashion Jerric kept forgetting that he had a new fabulous friend at his heels until in the middle of a serious discussion with a questgiver or merchant he would see Glitter in the background doing his little rearing-up thing. Also upon passing through any kind of doorway, Glitter would make his sparkle noise to remind Jerric of his cheerful presence.

If anyone in Jerric’s crew spends a fortune on the Sparkle Horse, it will be Abiene. She has no budget sense and a taste for prettiness. Also she is drawn to smooth hair unlike her own that takes a braid. So we’ll see.

GAAAAAAH! I had just decided I couldn't afford to spend so much real world money on the glittering pony till I read this! Does ir really rear up and make magical noises? Urgh...now I might want one despite how hight the cost!!!

TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit doesn’t have a character who would like that horse. That said, this one is getting an idea for a character involving a male Breton, that horse, and “The Duchess” personality. rollinglaugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 8 2018, 04:10 PM) *

Khajiit doesn’t have a character who would like that horse. That said, this one is getting an idea for a character involving a male Breton, that horse, and “The Duchess” personality. rollinglaugh.gif

My male character Bubba uses the Duchess personality; but he doesn't want the horse, lol.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2018, 03:19 PM) *

My male character Bubba uses the Duchess personality; but he doesn't want the horse, lol.

Lol, really? That horse seems tailor made for any character using the Duchess personality laugh.gif

Now that undead horse that’s about to come out is more to this one’s liking. Not really fond of the armor on that one though.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 8 2018, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2018, 03:19 PM) *

Lol, really? That horse seems tailor made for any character using the Duchess personality laugh.gif

Bubba is not a "Brony," rollinglaugh.gif

Acadian
Well, it took Buffy about 12 seconds to decide she neeeeeeded the new blonde horse. The coloring matches both Buffy's 'buckskin' accents on her clothes as well as Kitsune's coloring. The long white braids are beautiful. For a long time she's wanted the palamino coloring on Superian (like she had in Skyrim). But this new blonde horse actually beats that. All the feminine flash, bling and sparkles are just a plus. And blue eyes. BLUE eyes. Lol. Besides, even Superian knows blondes have more fun. tongue.gif
Grits
mALX, it really does rear up and make magical noises! Also, sparkle hoof prints! Next time you see me in-game, we can take him out for a demo trot. biggrin.gif

Khajiit, if I ever get the Duchess personality it will be for a Khajiit or Argonian. I love the tail swish when they do that “look at my backside” idle!

Acadian, I’m so glad that Buffy found a blonde mode for Superian! I thought that all of the feminine details would suit her very well. Really, they could have made that horse just for Buffy! wub.gif
Acadian
Three long-earred blondes strolling through the forest. . . .

The sparkles tinkle - like as in every time a fairy gets her wings. happy.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 8 2018, 05:34 PM) *

mALX, it really does rear up and make magical noises! Also, sparkle hoof prints! Next time you see me in-game, we can take him out for a demo trot. biggrin.gif

Khajiit, if I ever get the Duchess personality it will be for a Khajiit or Argonian. I love the tail swish when they do that “look at my backside” idle!

Acadian, I’m so glad that Buffy found a blonde mode for Superian! I thought that all of the feminine details would suit her very well. Really, they could have made that horse just for Buffy! wub.gif

OMG, I've never seen a Khajiit with the Duchess personality! That must be hilarious!!! I'm going to the PTS and try that one out!

I may end up spending on that pony just from hearing about it from you! Just viewing it, I didn't see it walk or rear up or hear its magical noises! It sounds amazing hearing about it!

And oh yes, I could most def imagine Buffy loving a magickal version of Superian like that! I hope she got Superian's little blonde sidekick too!

treydog
Spindleclutch- gaaahhhhh!

That is all...
mALX
QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 8 2018, 07:43 PM) *

That is all...

Did you do it? That is not the place for someone with a spider phobia, that is for sure, lol.

treydog
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2018, 07:55 PM) *

That is all...

Did you do it? That is not the place for someone with a spider phobia, that is for sure, lol.

Trey was in the vicinity on one of his "it's a work night" harvesting/fishing runs and decided to see if being level 42 made it more survivable solo than the other 10-15 times he had tried it.

The answer is- "No. It does not make it more survivable solo."

Spiders 16
Overmatched Breton Nightblade 0
mALX
QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 9 2018, 06:22 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2018, 07:55 PM) *

That is all...

Trey was in the vicinity on one of his "it's a work night" harvesting/fishing runs and decided to see if being level 42 made it more survivable solo than the other 10-15 times he had tried it.

The answer is- "No. It does not make it more survivable solo."

Spiders 16
Overmatched Breton Nightblade 0

It is made to be done by 4 people: A Tank; a Healer; and 2 DPS = and when you get to the big bosses you will most def need that Tank and Healer.

ghastley
My Bosmer Wizwen has enough trouble with three spiders at once, let alone 16.

Laurie finally got her Luminous Russulas. After Unna found the one in Stonefalls - I'm convinced there's only one - she went off herself and found the one in Glenumbra. It was exactly where she expected to find it, right next to Asard the Putrid at North Point. But she managed to sneak in and grab it without starting a Boss fight.

So now she has the Botanist achievement, and a new grey dye called Nirnroot Gray she can use. That's when she turned her attention to finishing off her writs, and we discovered that none of the crew can harvest Beech. And she just has the one shield left to make before she turns it in. We forgot about running out of materials.

Laurie just bumped her woodworking up to Hickory (without thinking about the consequences), and Unna's playing at that level. Each of them gets Oak as well, as Unna's not advanced her woodworking, and Laurie is L22. Blossom isn't up there yet, either. Wizwen is at 23.82 so she'll be running around tonight trying to reach 24. Then there's the issue of seeing anything among the undergrowth in Grahtwood. She doesn't have Keen Eye helping her, foraging not being among her usual tasks.

Hopefully then we'll get back to normal. Unna needs to finish off Shadowfen. She still has a few of the exploring and/or skyshard achievements to collect. The fungal hunt in Stonefalls was a bit of a distraction from that, but she wandered into the Rift by mistake, and it felt like home.

treydog
Just had my first clipping error experience in ESO... soloing Obsidian Scar and got punched through the wall by a bunch of clannfear and banekin.

And... the only way out is apparently to type /stuck and pay the teleport fee. Considering that clipping issues have been well-documented in Elder Scrolls games since at least Daggerfall (where "surfing the void") became a standard practice due to the random dungeon blocks... I would think there would be a better fix.

Don't mind the gold, which was minimal- but having to fight my way BACK through all the Ogrim, banekin, etc.... urf.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 10 2018, 01:47 PM) *

Just had my first clipping error experience in ESO... soloing Obsidian Scar and got punched through the wall by a bunch of clannfear and banekin.

And... the only way out is apparently to type /stuck and pay the teleport fee. Considering that clipping issues have been well-documented in Elder Scrolls games since at least Daggerfall (where "surfing the void") became a standard practice due to the random dungeon blocks... I would think there would be a better fix.

Don't mind the gold, which was minimal- but having to fight my way BACK through all the Ogrim, banekin, etc.... urf.

Lol, Khajiit has seen enemies get stuck in walls but never found himself in that predicament!
mALX
QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 10 2018, 02:47 PM) *

You can right click on ANY player's name on your friends list or Guild roster; etc = click on "Travel to Player" to save from having to pay if you ever get stuck again.

But that Obsidian Scar is one of my most hated places in the game! How on Nirn are you able to solo it? Holy Cow!!!

Grits
If you get stuck you can travel to a friend, guildie, or someone's house to get unstuck for free. That doesn't keep you from having to slog the whole way back to where you were, though.

Elke and Jerric both tend to take the Nord shortcut straight down when they're following maps in uneven terrain. Many incidents of getting stuck in the rocks.
Acadian
Buffy had a huge problem with getting 'stuck' once long ago. She was using the bow skill (morph) that knocks you back from enemies and was fighting a big battle at sea. Well her bow skill knocked her right through the ship's bulkhead into an 'inaccessable' area. She could move around but could not get out. None of the get unstuck tricks (stuck, teleport to friend, port to your house) worked because she was 'in combat'. Though in combat she could not actually shoot her foes to stop the combat. Nor - even pressing up against the wall - could foes hit and kill her so she could resurrect elsewhere. Restarting the game brought her back up in exactly the same predicament.

We had to put in a 'help' request to Zenimax and exit the game. Within an hour I got a nice e-mail from Zenimax saying they had moved her to the nearby dock for me. Sure enough it was fine but had to do that battle at sea thing again - AFTER I respec'd to the other morph for that bow skill! tongue.gif
ghastley
Unna just reached level 40, and Fort Amol. Since the quest line gets a bit vague t that point, she decided that since we were almost in the Rift, why not peek across into the next zone. So she ran off and found Autumn's Gate, the house in the North-west corner, and she wants to buy it. We haven't furnished any of the other houses we bought yet, but that doesn't matter.

She was probably jealous of Laurie getting Twin Arches. We acquired that as somewhere appropiate to put the "Redguard Bed, Wide" for which we found a plan. Laurie has the skills to make it, but we opted to make bunks for the Inn room with most of our Pitch, and there isn't enough left over for that. (And having a need for it will stop it dropping from refining or writs).

I've also been creating Altmer over on the PTS, in preparation for Taminwe coming to the party when the Update 17 hits. When the last patch hit, I lost all characters that had been copied there, so it seemed the logical thing to do.
monkeyemoness
I miss the original login music. I miss the way it began the moment the game booted up instead of at the actual login screen.

Anyway, did some prep work to figure out what's getting stashed away and in what way. I'll have access to seven of the eight boxes right away so I have so many options. Aside from the mailbox, there's a universal wardrobe full of regular clothes, a crafting material chest with stuff set aside for a full set of armor and weapons for the Squad,and just plain storage for armor sets I'll probably never use lol

treydog
Trey mostly did achievement hunting in Rivenspire and Stormhaven- as well as dealing with the impending political crisis involving Duchess Lakana and the Knights of the Flame.

Just took at the last lurking Obsidian Scar boss (a group kindly invited him for that bit of the run), so that closed out the Rivenspire Cave Delver Achievement. On the other hand, Magdalena the Hag destroyed him in about 3 seconds- so he will need to group up if he wants to visit her house again....
ghastley
Since I'm trying to keep Laurie Craft's crafting in step with Unna's playing level, she needed some more skyshards for her crafting skills. Having exhausted Glenumbra, we did a few just into Stormhaven.

Unna went off into zones unknown collecting on the surveys, using Twin Arches as a stepping stone into Bangkorai, for example, and riding across Wrothgar, and Eastmarch to enter the zones beyond. She made sure to find any wayshrines on the way, so next time will be easier.

We now have decent stocks of most materials for the whole crew, although Jute seems to keep running out, because we get rawhide back more often, and two-thirds of the writs are for homespun. Alchemy can also be a problem, with multiple characters on the same level all needing the same samples, which aren't "random" at all. When one needs to turn in 3 blessed thistle, they all do.

Still saving up for Autumn's Gate - we have over 40,000 of the 60,000 needed, and everyone's pitching in. Spreads has looked at Humblemud, but wants to wait for something much larger.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 11 2018, 08:56 PM) *

I miss the original login music. I miss the way it began the moment the game booted up instead of at the actual login screen.

Anyway, did some prep work to figure out what's getting stashed away and in what way. I'll have access to seven of the eight boxes right away so I have so many options. Aside from the mailbox, there's a universal wardrobe full of regular clothes, a crafting material chest with stuff set aside for a full set of armor and weapons for the Squad,and just plain storage for armor sets I'll probably never use lol

Ooh, what is the criteria for access to the boxes? What mailbox? A wardrobe of regular clothes? WOO HOO!!!

I thought of using a box for gathering different sets; since some of the pieces of some sets don't even include the name of the set! (Example: Rattail Ring or necklace is actually part of the Toothrow set, etc).

I would like to pull all those furnishings out of my bank so I actually have the 480 slots to play with in the bank.

And maybe for those regular armor sets have one chest for all Tanking sets; one for all Light armor sets; one for all PvP sets; monster sets; trial sets; etc. I winder if we will be able to name the chests?

By the way, did anyone else notice that the 1/22 maintenance patch notes said it was just a security certificate = but the size of the download was 95 Megabytes? WTH kind of security certificate is that big?

The Elder Scrolls Online v3.2.13 is required to update an essential security certificate, and does not include any additional fixes. There will be a small patch to download of approximately 95MB.

ghastley
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 12 2018, 09:09 AM) *

By the way, did anyone else notice that the last maintenance patch notes said it was just a security certificate = but the size of the download was 95 Megabytes? WTH kind of security certificate is that big?

That would be all the software that uses the certificate. The certificate itself is held somewhere else, where it's safe from tampering.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 12 2018, 08:09 AM) *

By the way, did anyone else notice that the 1/22 maintenance patch notes said it was just a security certificate = but the size of the download was 95 Megabytes? WTH kind of security certificate is that big?

The Elder Scrolls Online v3.2.13 is required to update an essential security certificate, and does not include any additional fixes. There will be a small patch to download of approximately 95MB.

Ja, Khajiit believes this was the small patch they mentioned in the outfits and combat ESO Live shoe a few weeks ago. No content to it just security certificate, whatever that is.

*Edit* Ninja’d by Ghastley with superior info tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 12 2018, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 12 2018, 09:09 AM) *

By the way, did anyone else notice that the last maintenance patch notes said it was just a security certificate = but the size of the download was 95 Megabytes? WTH kind of security certificate is that big?

That would be all the software that uses the certificate. The certificate itself is held somewhere else, where it's safe from tampering.

Ah, okay! Thanks Ghastlet!!!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 12 2018, 09:22 AM) *

Ja, Khajiit believes this was the small patch they mentioned in the outfits and combat ESO Live shoe a few weeks ago. No content to it just security certificate, whatever that is.

I need to start catching that ESO Live show!

TheCheshireKhajiit
Patch download in progress...
monkeyemoness

Ooh, what is the criteria for access to the boxes? What mailbox? A wardrobe of regular clothes? WOO HOO!!!

I thought of using a box for gathering different sets; since some of the pieces of some sets don't even include the name of the set! (Example: Rattail Ring or necklace is actually part of the Toothrow set, etc).

I would like to pull all those furnishings out of my bank so I actually have the 480 slots to play with in the bank.

And maybe for those regular armor sets have one chest for all Tanking sets; one for all Light armor sets; one for all PvP sets; monster sets; trial sets; etc. I winder if we will be able to name the chests?

tbh I was just thinking of stowing everything into one (well, two) chests and forgetting about them lol
Part of me wants to just deconstruct them but there's always the chance i'll use them, especially now that I can have an outfit over them. Also IIRC, you can add a name to the containers so you can easily remember what you put into them.

The plan is to have at least one coffer set up at every house (the mail box) so I can quickly transfer items between characters since I don't have a banker assistant. Also it prevents clutter. The second coffer will be full of clothes I stole from containers, but since only Eolan and Hates use them (and only one outfit) who knows whether I'll stick to that.

Either way, I'm glad I saved those vouchers. The new crafter lady's getting a visit from me later.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 12 2018, 01:25 PM) *

tbh I was just thinking of stowing everything into one (well, two) chests and forgetting about them lol
Part of me wants to just deconstruct them but there's always the chance i'll use them, especially now that I can have an outfit over them. Also IIRC, you can add a name to the containers so you can easily remember what you put into them.

The plan is to have at least one coffer set up at every house (the mail box) so I can quickly transfer items between characters since I don't have a banker assistant. Also it prevents clutter. The second coffer will be full of clothes I stole from containers, but since only Eolan and Hates use them (and only one outfit) who knows whether I'll stick to that.

Either way, I'm glad I saved those vouchers. The new crafter lady's getting a visit from me later.

Same here on having tons of sets I'll probably never use, (but not ready to toss out yet) lol. Oh, I do hope they have the ability to be named, that will make organizing stored junk with them a lot easier! laugh.gif

Grits
I love the mailbox idea! I've been using Tythis, but it would be a lot more fun to check the mail as part of daily life. At least for the inevitable paperwork that gets passed back and forth. Mikken has one level and a bit before the free one (I think). He will be pleased to have something to do that everyone will like.

I tried to cram all of the crew's level/training gear into the one big box that Jerric bought, but it won't fit. Time to get the lowest level pairs in action so Elke can grind their old gear up!

Another use for a small box that I think would be fun is a campsite box. They can already set up bedrolls and a campfire outside at the dwellings, but I'd like for them to be able to set up and tear down as part of their visit without getting Tythis out and banking the campfire. Like that Chesko mod for Skyrim that I loved so very much.

haute ecole rider
Hey all, I got to spend some time in Outfitter with Maz this afternoon before they took the servers down. I took screenshots at every step of the way for those new to the system (like me) to refer to. I posted them on the guild’s genera Discord, but have messaged mALX if she could move them to the guild hall thread, where it might be easier to find.

Maz is in love with her new outfit - she went for a mixed medium and heavy look, and chose the Soul Shriven zweihander for her main weapon - I love that it looks like the dai katana from Oblivion. I can’t wait to get back on with Julian and get her twin blades looking like Daedra Slayer and Akatosh’s Touch! Bright steel blades, blue hilt with gold accents, YEAH!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit’s crew didn’t really get a whole lot done today, besides getting two new crew members settled in. No one got a new outfit today due to indecision on this one’s part.
monkeyemoness
MY BOXES
Not pictured: The Mail Box in the interior and the two Coffers that couldn't be placed because I exceeded the limit.

I always liked to pretend the item swapping didn't exactly happen through the magic bank but by mail. Now I can act that out in-game. :U

Still getting a new character ready, and chances are I'll end up making one completely unrelated to the Squad's unified world, but idk.
ghastley
Created Taminwe and advanced her up to level 10 so far - enough to get a horse, which several of the other will use, too, when they need one. Previously, they'd all nominally ridden Unna's bear for training purposes, but now they don't have to. Looking forward to the bed and coffer at level 18. From then on, she won't be the only one who can get the account-wide rewards, as she'll have caught up with Cat Man Dhou. It's not clear if the Crown Crate rewards in the list are seasonal, but we'll find out when we get there.

Laurie made Taminwe a few pieces of clothing, but only because she wants the crafting experience. We're constantly doing writs and deconstructing to try and get more pitch for furnishing, across the whole team. Laurie does most of the decon work, as she needs the XP.

Unna created an outfit that's essentially High Elf Iron, without the greaves, and with the"hide helm". Now she'll have Laurie make her some Death's Wind dwarven to replace her steel, unless she reaches three trait level, and can make another set. I need to start mapping that progression out, as well as light and medium options for the others.
monkeyemoness
Played around with the Outfit system today and realized I won't have something "ready" until the next Chapter/DLC. I'd change the Squad into their CWC looks but like...it's over 20k gold for Eolan and Jo'zira's alone lmao Might still go for it tho

At least you can get a decent preview of armor now. I remember when I crafted Hates an entire set of every style so I could decide what to wear. :v
ghastley
Taminwe got another four levels (with rewards), so she's now at 14. The important ones coming up are 15, (for the second bar) and 18 (for coffer and bed), which I hope she'll reach tonight.

Laurie made her five pieces of Rawhide Death's Wind, We haven't bothered dying any of it yet, but it looks good as a matched combo of all Bosmer-style, and could become her outfit as well. The long one-shoulder dress was displaced from the Crown Store by the Egg-Sister outfit that Wizwen and Spreads wear, so she might get a re-dye of that when she outgrows her armour.

We checked what's available in heavy for Unna. That's a bit more complex, as Unna made some of her own Death's Wind pieces with Steel, and so Laurie did her research on different items. Unna may have to make some again. And of course, we may make a different set if there are three traits completed between them. Laurie has the achievement for researching each trait at least once, and may also have done one on all pieces, but the combinations are muddled.

Since Taminwe is using Medium, she'd like to get some Twin Sisters right now, and of course the ones she's got are the same armour slots as her Death's Wind. And more pieces are from the Heavy or Light sets, although amulet/rings/sword/shield from either of those would be good, too.

The others are lucky to get their writs and horse training in until Taminwe catches up to the group.

Grits
Sorc Jerric hit level 50 this evening, and there was much rejoicing. He is going for Julianos + Necropotence. Elke has not made his grown-up armor yet and Steams still has his new jewelry in her pockets, so he scrounged some ragged CP150 training pieces out of the mage gear chest and went out to see how it feels to not be battle leveled. It felt like he needs to assign his Champion Points. ohmy.gif

I went ahead and wrote out a stamina build for him because he was so impressed with Elke's fun with her stamsorc morphs. He balked at using a bow, though. So unless I can come up with a hybrid build that is not tedious to play, he's sticking with the staves. For now.

Funny, he made his outfit right before he went out killing, and now he has to pick out his Julianos styles. Big day for a man who forgets to buy underwear.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Spent most of today’s session with Brenna in Rivenspire finishing up the requirements for the Rivenspire Adventurer achievement (quest count). She’s currently taking a short vacation from adventuring at our apartment in the Sisters of the Sands in Sentinel. She’ll still be doing consumable crafting and enchanting on a daily basis however. Tomorrow and Friday the newbies will get a lot of attention (and hopefully a free coffer for our housing!).
Acadian
Wow, everyone's making such great progress!

For Jerric there is some CP160 Necropotty gear in the guild bank we put in quite some time ago just for this very moment!
Grits
Yay, thank you! I'll take him to the Guild Hall and he will have it on within the hour!! happy.gif
monkeyemoness
While everyone's progressing, I'm getting started with a new character: Lucius. (This is on the PTS btw. I was wondering whether he was too baby-faced.)

I think I'm satisfied, appearance-wise, but now I gotta decide exactly how I'm gonna handle him in-game. Do I wanna go through the AD questline or is it better to skip that? Should I have him do dailies around Reaper's March and then see where he goes from there? What's the ratio between DPS and Tank that I want to hit? This'll be my first new "character" since last year, so I wanna be prepared, y'know?
SubRosa
He's not too baby-faced. He looks sad on the left. On the right he looks determined. I would go with that look.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 15 2018, 04:12 PM) *

I think I'm satisfied, appearance-wise, but now I gotta decide exactly how I'm gonna handle him in-game. Do I wanna go through the AD questline or is it better to skip that? Should I have him do dailies around Reaper's March and then see where he goes from there? What's the ratio between DPS and Tank that I want to hit? This'll be my first new "character" since last year, so I wanna be prepared, y'know?

He looks like a proper Rom-er, Cryrod, that’s for sure. Khajiit’s question is: can you get a good ratio between dps and tanking in this game? If so, Khajiit would really love to hear some ideas to try on Mira.
——————————————————————————

Khajiit got absolutely nothing done in ESO today. When this one went to play the game at around 10:30 KLT (Khajiit Local Time) this morning, there was a pop up message warning of a server error and to try again later. Weeeelllll, we had to play something, so we fired up Total War: Attila
, ended up getting sucked in, and played it almost all day (man Khajiit wishes Beth would make a strategy game based on TES, that would rock!).
monkeyemoness
I honestly can't say whether you can get a good ratio, but back when I somewhat followed the meta apparently Dragon Knights could do both (not so sure that's the case now). For me, it's more of a playstyle thing.

I think I was going for Nibenese with this one, but everything about him says "Colovian" so honestly yeah, Romey-rome Akatosh-loving goody-two shoes heroic guy. That tried to play hero against the wrong person and ended up erased from existence for his troubles. He got better.

As an aside I wish character creation had multiple lighting options. Like Skyrim, characters tend to look different depending on the light, and what you see in the creation screen is rarely what you see most of the time in-game. (The image is just the lighting in the tutorial area alone)

Anyways, played around with Jo'zira's outfit today and the Coney Island Nimbasa City Gym music from Pokemon Black/White 2 started playing in my head. Not that I'm complaining. Might go with Celestial in all but two slots.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 15 2018, 09:05 PM) *

I honestly can't say whether you can get a good ratio, but back when I somewhat followed the meta apparently Dragon Knights could do both (not so sure that's the case now). For me, it's more of a playstyle thing.

I think I was going for Nibenese with this one, but everything about him says "Colovian" so honestly yeah, Romey-rome Akatosh-loving goody-two shoes heroic guy. That tried to play hero against the wrong person and ended up erased from existence for his troubles. He got better.

As an aside I wish character creation had multiple lighting options. Like Skyrim, characters tend to look different depending on the light, and what you see in the creation screen is rarely what you see most of the time in-game. (The image is just the lighting in the tutorial area alone)

Anyways, played around with Jo'zira's outfit today and the Coney Island Nimbasa City Gym music from Pokemon Black/White 2 started playing in my head. Not that I'm complaining. Might go with Celestial in all but two slots.

Khajiit was thinking perhaps Lucius’s build should be a bit more lithe to reflect the Nibenese cultural leanings towards battlemagery. His current build suggests that he would be a straight up warrior (he’s a big dude!).
monkeyemoness
I actually dropped the Nibenese part pretty quickly the moment I realized his personality traits are more common for Colovians. That said, originally he was going to be slimmer, but then I realized all of my characters so far have been on the right side of the build triangle (Eolan being the shape he is mostly due to messing with the body parts themselves), so I decided to make him a bit more heavy set instead. Did the same with the face, too. Both "Heroic" leaning towards "Soft"

Then again, the races being The Way They Are, the triangle is still dependent on the "template" the race has. Try as I might, Jo'zira's shoulders will never be as narrow as I want them, and Fjotreid will always have wider shoulders, bulkier arms and thicker thighs than my Dunmer Crafting Monkey in spite of more or less being on the same setting on the triangle (Almost perfectly between Heroic and Slim).

Since they just copy-pasted the Bretons' body shape onto Imperials, it works out for Lucius. :U Bretons have a slabby, slightly top-heavy shape by default.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.