Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ May 9 2023, 08:49 AM) *

Tweaking builds after “hide shoulders” had me try Oakensoul with Miranu, my EU Magblade. I did a quick run round the Rivenspire Public dungeon, and her damage on the mob packs has increased dramatically, from the twenties to the seventies. ohmy.gif

So now all the servers are down for hardware changes, and I can’t try any of the others. sad.gif

WOW!!!! I need to read up on how to get that ring!

ghastley
It’s likely that those numbers exaggerate the effect a lot. Most of those kills were DoT followed by instant AoE, so the start of the first hit to the end of the second was abnormally short. When comparing the longer boss fights, it did not change so much, and testing on a 12M dummy shows she needs more mag regen. The gaps between fights in the Public Dungeons hides that.

In other words, the ring made the small fights much shorter, eliminating the buff, debuff, bar swaps etc. and just leaving the damage casts. Since the mobs don’t last a full rotation, even of one bar, they are not statistically meaningful.

Still, it was enough to justify more testing.

And it has me wondering what use a single-target dummy is for adjusting overall performance. In that PD context, multi-target skills are the useful ones, the balance shifting as the bosses become more important. I should take her off to solo a WB or two next.
ghastley
We've been collecting Dyes recently. Completing the "Saviour of ..." achievements that involve killing all the WB's and doing the Group Events in the zone's Public dungeons, plus the zone story quest etc. In most cases, we just had a boss or two left, so it all went quite quickly.

It might be time to stop. ohmy.gif
Acadian
Well kiss a troll and call me pumpkin pants! laugh.gif
Grits
QUOTE(ghastley @ May 27 2023, 04:46 PM) *

Oh my! laugh.gif
Grits
Sharp-As-Night: "Stay ready, never know what else might be headed our way."

Jerric: *steps on crocodile*

Jerric is having grand adventures with Sharp. So far neither of them is tired of fishing.
Acadian
laugh.gif

They did a pretty good job with both the new companions I think. Mirri's position is not in jeopardy though which is nice. smile.gif
ghastley
Is anyone else finding that the change to companion rapport levels means a lot of of them suddendly have a quest for you? Every time I switch characters these days, there’s an arrow over the companion’s head.

And wherever they want me to go, the place is full of low-level Arcanists.
Acadian
Now that you mention it, I did notice that Azandar's quest came up quite quickly. And when pulling Ember out on a more rarely used variant of Buffy, she had a quest arrow over her head.
Burnt Sierra
So, after reading all about your adventures in this thread, a few months ago I finally cracked (and got over my fear of playing an MMO lol) and started playing on the PC EU server. Almost 600 hours later... I'm kinda hooked. Only been playing it as a single-person game until now, but feel like I've learned the ropes (being able to solo some World Bosses certainly helped the confidence!)
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ May 27 2023, 04:46 PM) *

We've been collecting Dyes recently. Completing the "Saviour of ..." achievements that involve killing all the WB's and doing the Group Events in the zone's Public dungeons, plus the zone story quest etc. In most cases, we just had a boss or two left, so it all went quite quickly.

It might be time to stop. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 9 2023, 03:37 PM) *

It’s likely that those numbers exaggerate the effect a lot. Most of those kills were DoT followed by instant AoE, so the start of the first hit to the end of the second was abnormally short. When comparing the longer boss fights, it did not change so much, and testing on a 12M dummy shows she needs more mag regen. The gaps between fights in the Public Dungeons hides that.

In other words, the ring made the small fights much shorter, eliminating the buff, debuff, bar swaps etc. and just leaving the damage casts. Since the mobs don’t last a full rotation, even of one bar, they are not statistically meaningful.

Still, it was enough to justify more testing.

And it has me wondering what use a single-target dummy is for adjusting overall performance. In that PD context, multi-target skills are the useful ones, the balance shifting as the bosses become more important. I should take her off to solo a WB or two next.

I'm for anything that helps me in combat, lol.

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 16 2023, 07:08 PM) *

Sharp-As-Night: "Stay ready, never know what else might be headed our way."

Jerric: *steps on crocodile*

Jerric is having grand adventures with Sharp. So far neither of them is tired of fishing.

Oh, is this the new Companion? I haven't gotten either yet, will have to go do that when I get some time free again!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 20 2023, 09:45 AM) *

Is anyone else finding that the change to companion rapport levels means a lot of of them suddendly have a quest for you? Every time I switch characters these days, there’s an arrow over the companion’s head.

And wherever they want me to go, the place is full of low-level Arcanists.

Yes, I did notice this. Well, I only use Mirri, but I had already saved her Mother and I thought that was the only quest she had. Now she wants me to go save her Father too!

QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 27 2023, 07:22 AM) *

So, after reading all about your adventures in this thread, a few months ago I finally cracked (and got over my fear of playing an MMO lol) and started playing on the PC EU server. Almost 600 hours later... I'm kinda hooked. Only been playing it as a single-person game until now, but feel like I've learned the ropes (being able to solo some World Bosses certainly helped the confidence!)

AWESOME!!!! We have a Guild Meet on the EU server the first Monday of every new month; if you want to meet up with us.

A lot of us pretty much play the game solo; but get together here and there to kind of just "fun run" some world bosses or dungeons that are hard to do alone. (or just to talk to each other on the Discord sometimes).

This is wonderful; and your character must be amazingly tough build to be able to solo World Bosses!!! That is amazing!!!

Burnt Sierra
QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 27 2023, 01:48 PM) *

This is wonderful; and your character must be amazingly tough build to be able to solo World Bosses!!! That is amazing!!!

I did say SOME tongue.gif Although The Arcanist I've built up to CP 400 ish is surprisingly resilient. Not really played around with Guilds much yet, just joined my first 2 trading guilds this week to try to sell off stuff after running out of space in both the bank and the storage chests I'd bought for the house. How do I find the guild, or is it an invite?
ghastley
Guild membership for the Chorrolites is by invitation. What's your player ID?

And mALX runs the Discord, so she'll send details of joining that. I'd get it it wrong.
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 09:32 AM) *

And mALX runs the Discord, so she'll send details of joining that. I'd get it it wrong.

Uh oh. On the Discord = if he needs a Discord invite, I think anyone can generate an invite link and post it on this thread here. There is a thread that already has the link on it, but it is from so long ago that I am not sure it will still be valid. The thread name should be something like "Guild Hall" under the ESO banner. If that link doesn't work, I will try to figure out a way to make another, but to be honest = can't remember how the heck I did it in the first place, lol. I will def try to get it figured out quick, lol.

mALX
QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 27 2023, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 27 2023, 01:48 PM) *

I did say SOME tongue.gif Although The Arcanist I've built up to CP 400 ish is surprisingly resilient. Not really played around with Guilds much yet, just joined my first 2 trading guilds this week to try to sell off stuff after running out of space in both the bank and the storage chests I'd bought for the house. How do I find the guild, or is it an invite?

Well I can only solo ONE world boss, lol. And to do it I have to climb on a rock so he can't one hit me, lol.

Oh, I haven't started an Arcanist character yet except on the PTS, how are you liking it?

On the Guilds = you are only allowed to join 5; so I used to always keep two for trading guilds too = helps with the income and inventory. I probably should get back into a trade guild again, just haven't had the time to get in game enough lately.

But here are some inventory tricks if you are getting overwhelmed:

Start a new character of whatever race and class you might want to try out in the future; but until then you just buy up their inventory "backpack upgrades" and horse training "Capacity" and use them/their inventory slots like they are a "pack mule." (Lydia: "I am sworn to carry your burdens...")

If you have Crowns you can buy "Inventory Non Combat Pets" that add 5 extra inventory slots on each of your characters per each pet. I've got three of those, they are a huge help because I have 13 characters (most of which are "bank mules, carrying inventory, lol). So 3 pets gives me 15 extra slots per character = that is almost 200 extra inventory slots.

Another trick is ESO Plus membership (if you don't already have it) = doubles your inventory space, doubles your bank space, and as an added bonus gives you Crowns to spend in the Crown Store to get those Inventory Pets (the only place you can get them).

If you are still struggling; in an emergency you can (get a friend to agree first) = send items to a friend by mail and ask them to return them to you as the title of the message. Then just make sure you open that mail before the thirty days is up so you don't lose the stuff; because Zenimax deletes mail that sits in your mailbox over 30 days.

The best trick is to start your own NON trade Guild and get ten friends to join = at ten members your guild instantly gets a 500 slot bank account. A lot of people have open Guild slots and won't mind helping you out by adding your guild to get you up to the ten members.

Oh, another trick is that you can right click on items and choose to "Mark as Junk" in your character's inventory. Just don't "Empty Junk Folder" if there is anything stored in there that you want.

And last (and hopefully least, lol) = you can buy those hotel room properties or the really cheap houses and just dump any furnishings you have in them; that frees up your storage chests for inventory items that aren't furnishings.

Acadian
Burnt Sierra, great to see you here! ESO is very solo friendly and I think most of us play it mostly solo, just getting together once a month as the chorrol guild for a little guild meeting.
Burnt Sierra
QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 27 2023, 04:16 PM) *

Burnt Sierra, great to see you here! ESO is very solo friendly and I think most of us play it mostly solo, just getting together once a month as the chorrol guild for a little guild meeting.

Thanks! smile.gif Late to the party, I know. I spent a couple of months lurking away, reading about all your guy's adventures on here, and really wanted to experience it. Really pleased I did.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 02:32 PM) *

Oh, it's a very unique name! *ahem* it's, erm, burntsierra

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 27 2023, 03:21 PM) *

Oh, I haven't started an Arcanist character yet except on the PTS, how are you liking it?

Loving it. My main character was a Nightblade, and when The Arcanist came out it's become my favorite. It's like I expected a Magicka Templar class to be, ranged and tanky. It's also got some of the strongest identity in terms of class skills for me, no more having to have a mix of class, mages guild, and weapon skills, it's actually my strongest character and only uses class skills, so really easy to learn an effective rotation.

Oh, another trick is that you can right click on items and choose to "Mark as Junk" in your character's inventory. Just don't "Empty Junk Folder" if there is anything stored in there that you want.

And last (and hopefully least, lol) = you can buy those hotel room properties or the really cheap houses and just dump any furnishings you have in them; that frees up your storage chests for inventory items that aren't furnishings.

Did not think of either of those! Bought the ESO Plus membership, as I got hooked on crafting, and have splashed out on a "notable" house with crowns. And then had to splash out on storage chests as the ones that came with the house weren't actually usable... There were swear words heard that day...
ghastley
EU Guild invite sent and accepted. We have a new member.

You can create characters on the North America server, too. Several of us play on both.
mALX
QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jun 27 2023, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 27 2023, 04:16 PM) *

Thanks! smile.gif Late to the party, I know. I spent a couple of months lurking away, reading about all your guy's adventures on here, and really wanted to experience it. Really pleased I did.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 02:32 PM) *

Oh, it's a very unique name! *ahem* it's, erm, burntsierra

Loving it. My main character was a Nightblade, and when The Arcanist came out it's become my favorite. It's like I expected a Magicka Templar class to be, ranged and tanky. It's also got some of the strongest identity in terms of class skills for me, no more having to have a mix of class, mages guild, and weapon skills, it's actually my strongest character and only uses class skills, so really easy to learn an effective rotation.

Did not think of either of those! Bought the ESO Plus membership, as I got hooked on crafting, and have splashed out on a "notable" house with crowns. And then had to splash out on storage chests as the ones that came with the house weren't actually usable... There were swear words heard that day...

Bold: laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I tested out an Arcanist on the PTS; and it was a powerful character (but I couldn't tell how much of that was having access to the great armor I was able to get on the PTS that is "ungettable" for me on the live server, lol). It sounds like they are fun to play once you get used to their skill set! I will have to start one soon, my inventory is getting full again, lol.

And yeah; keeping furniture in those storage chests negates their usefulness. Most of us buy one cheap property they designate as "furniture storage" and just dump any unused furnishings in that location. That way all those storage chests can go to character inventory items like having a second bank. That gives you around an extra 360 inventory slots if I am not mistaken.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 12:29 PM) *

You can create characters on the North America server, too. Several of us play on both.

WOO HOO!!! Welcome Burnt!!!

Burnt Sierra
QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 05:29 PM) *

So, just set up a new character on the NA server - I'd been doubtful about it thinking the ping might be terrible. Glad to say I'm not really noticing much of a difference! smile.gif Except.... the NA server is SO MUCH BUSIER! So many people! Kinda shocked after how much quieter the EU server is.
ghastley
NA guild invitation sent.
Grits
Whoop, so glad you're having fun with ESO, Burnt Sierra!! Yay!!!
mALX
QUOTE(Burnt Sierra @ Jul 2 2023, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 27 2023, 05:29 PM) *

So, just set up a new character on the NA server - I'd been doubtful about it thinking the ping might be terrible. Glad to say I'm not really noticing much of a difference! smile.gif Except.... the NA server is SO MUCH BUSIER! So many people! Kinda shocked after how much quieter the EU server is.

Yeah; Japan was added to the NA server a few years back and it really upped the population on it. Many people prefer the quiet of the EU server over the bustle of the NA, lol.

I remember my first time entering Mournhold on the NA server = it was so vividly packed with Players that it actually FELT like being in a large bustling city IRL. It has actually toned down a lot since then; but that first impression was flooring!

Sakiri
They added JP to NA?

Also the ping isn't terribly noticeable unless you have an addon constantly updating stuff like master merchant or tamriel trade center.
Acadian
It appears so - since 2016. Here's a couple bits I pulled from a google search:

There is a JP client, not a server. All players on the JP client default to the NA mega server (in Dallas) and can choose the EU server instead (Germany). There are no Asia/Oceanic eso servers.

The Japanese client is hosted on the North American megaserver and does not have a separate server. The Japanese game client is in Japanese, except in some areas of the game.

Sakiri
Interesting. I had no idea, explains the Japanese guild recruitment ads in zone chat.

Might have to add some of those to my chat filter. The ads take up the entire freaking chat window.
Acadian
Yeah, I find just too much drivel on zone chat. So I disable zone chat. I still monitor whisper, say, yell, guild chats though and that cuts down so much junk.

I also quite dislike the 'so and so logged on', 'so and so logged off' that comes with a friends list and can't be filtered out. So I keep my friends list at zero friends. Lol. I also don't really want to push my own presence in game onto others. Those who matter can readily see if I'm in game by checking the guild roster in game. smile.gif
Sakiri
I find ffxiv has no friends login announcements, but there are for guilds. It drives me up a wall that I gotta keep checking constantly to see if someone logged in.

I got three friends. One I've known for 12 years from wow, Arieal (can't spell that) from Haven, and a guy I ran some dungeons with.
haute ecole rider
With a couple of exceptions, the only friends I have in my ESO friends list are those who aren’t also in my guilds. Easier that way.
Sakiri
I share a guild (two actually) with one friend, but ones a 499 member trade guild that usually has 50-80+ on at any given time, and the other is a 360ish member trials guild. Finding him on the roster would be a pain.

Besides, he's been on it since 2014.

The others I don't share guilds with.
Acadian
Oh, that's a good point. My two guilds are both small so I can see their whole rosters on one screen.
ghastley
The Passion Dancer costume fragments are finally back at the Impressario, and we got it on EU so far. Need one more ticket on NA.

Nadja the Naked Nord did the Snow Bear Plunge, as usual. biggrin.gif
Acadian
ghastley, do your bare bear riders like the new sortabear morphomount?
ghastley
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 21 2023, 12:47 PM) *

ghastley, do your bare bear riders like the new sortabear morphomount?

I don’t really like anything that uses that skeleton and animations. So none of the “heavyweights”. Unna et al. will continue riding regular bears, and lions, and wolves.

I do have one character using the Nagahide Welwa Ravager, which bears no resemblance to any real creature, so it gets a free pass, but I still think its run is somehow wrong. The elbows-out stance wouldn’t really work very well. But watching a real crocodile has almost the same issue, which is why they’re primarily aquatic.
ghastley
I finally managed to persuade Vicuña to put some clothes on, but now she can wear them, she wants better sets. We tried going to Falkreath Hold for some more pieces of Pillar of Nirn, but it looks like she needs them to be able to get them, so we gave up after one boss (who didn't drop anything useful). We'll have to tune her stats, too, as she's health-heavy for tanking, and could use more stamina for solo runs.

And she wants Turning Tide for her tanking, which will most likely replace her Torug's, although the Ebon Armory whirlies annoy her, too. A monster set is now a possibility, which it wasn't before.
Burnt Sierra
Happy to do some runs of Shipwright's and Falkreath with you, so you can get the set pieces smile.gif
Sakiri
I can help too. I saw you in falkreath before. I have the Nirn pieces I want (I use daggers and jewelry) so I can trade whatever you need, and can probably get someone else to help too. I two manned this place on normal quite a bit.

What monster sets you after?
ghastley
Burnt and I did a few runs in Falkreath and got her enough Pillar of Nirn for her solo build, as seen here.

IPB Image

Then we turned our attention to Turning Tide for her tank build, and got a real mix of armor, shield, two-handed weapons, and a ring that fell way short of a five-piece combo. At that point, overheating, connections issues, or whatever happened, cut the session short. Since it was lunch-time/supper-time anyway, we quit for the day.

So Shipwright's is on the agenda for another run or several at some point, but I've been spending my NA time getting her dual-wield skill up, as you I can't DPS well with sword and board. Well, that and crafting writs on EU, of course.

Unsure what others sets we'll get for the tank role. We have a large collection of shoulders from grabbing random ones for our keys back when that was the only option. It's likely she'll just watch the Golden for opportunities.
Sakiri
If you want to level skills quickly, put stuff on your bar, even if the weapons don't match them, and head out to spellscar in craglorn. There's usually groups you can follow around or join up with grinding the mobs there. I'll probably be there at some point with my buddy Paralyse post patch to get skills I haven't used yet leveled, can feel free to tag along, or if before like 7 or 8 central I can do it. I can solo the place quite easily.

Can also help with shipwrights regret.
ghastley
We are doing fine with Public Dungeons for the dense mobs, but may run through Craglorn and collect Nirncrux as well.

She got a set of Master sword and board from Dragonstar, so they just need improving (Laurie will do that), and she can decide on other sets once we see what Shipwrights drops we get.

And then the other 15 NA characters will want their turn at an upgrade. biggrin.gif
Sakiri
I seriously took my dw and 2h skills from the teens to 50 in about an hour and a half at spellscar with an xp scroll.

But if the pub dungeons are working, go for it.
Acadian
Spellscar is fun and good xp. I usually go there for kill frost or storm atronach endeavors.
Renee
Yesterday was 4/4/2024, which was ESO's anniversary release date. smile.gif I know this because it was also the day I bought my gaming computer at Micro Center; 10 years later the beast still zips along! 🖥

But it was funny, that day in Micro Center. I'd researched which desktop tower I wanted to buy, knew they had it in stock, and made the 40 minute journey out of town. Since it was 4/4/2014, the salesman thought I was buying it for ESO, which he was ecstatic about! smile.gif

Then the store manager came out from nowhere. He left his office/cozy lair because this crazy lady just walked in off the street, and dropped a bunch of money on one of their prebuilt desktops. The manager wanted to shake my hand! blink.gif

"What sort of games do you like?"

Mainly RPGs I said, especially open-world ones. And also Sims games!

"Cool, so maybe I'll see you tonight in Tamriel!" he said. But naw, I didn't jump into ESO right away. Anyway, here's for ESO's anniversary... cake.gif

Acadian
They are making a pretty big deal of the anniversary. A big party in Amsterdam I think and a big event ongoing in the game. I think you were wise to pass on the early days of ESO as it had a rough start. I watched the reviews and it turned around by 2016 so that's when Buffy went there. Still calling it home. smile.gif
Sakiri
They're doing more. Germany, then Sweden, then a bunch of others and finally, NA.

Excuse me, Sweden, then Germany, etc.

NA is next year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/s/kWsTicJH1K
mALX
QUOTE(Renee @ Apr 5 2024, 12:38 PM) *

Yesterday was 4/4/2024, which was ESO's anniversary release date. smile.gif I know this because it was also the day I bought my gaming computer at Micro Center; 10 years later the beast still zips along! 🖥

But it was funny, that day in Micro Center. I'd researched which desktop tower I wanted to buy, knew they had it in stock, and made the 40 minute journey out of town. Since it was 4/4/2014, the salesman thought I was buying it for ESO, which he was ecstatic about! smile.gif

Then the store manager came out from nowhere. He left his office/cozy lair because this crazy lady just walked in off the street, and dropped a bunch of money on one of their prebuilt desktops. The manager wanted to shake my hand! blink.gif

"What sort of games do you like?"

Mainly RPGs I said, especially open-world ones. And also Sims games!

"Cool, so maybe I'll see you tonight in Tamriel!" he said. But naw, I didn't jump into ESO right away. Anyway, here's for ESO's anniversary... cake.gif

Oh, what a wonderful story! I loved reading this, what a great memory that is to celebrate!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 5 2024, 03:11 PM) *

They are making a pretty big deal of the anniversary. A big party in Amsterdam I think and a big event ongoing in the game. I think you were wise to pass on the early days of ESO as it had a rough start. I watched the reviews and it turned around by 2016 so that's when Buffy went there. Still calling it home. smile.gif

I actually liked it much better in 2015 than now = Before "One Tamriel" (although I DO like being able to play with friends in other Alliances now; remember when Misa couldn't meet Buffy? Lol).

Burnt Sierra
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 4 2023, 09:35 PM) *

Yeah, I find just too much drivel on zone chat. So I disable zone chat. I still monitor whisper, say, yell, guild chats though and that cuts down so much junk.

Ok, seriously need you to tell me how to do this. NA zone chat in Auridon today is absolutely unbearable. I'm guessing the schools must be off?
Acadian
Sure. Access your chat box (I do this by typing /). At the top of the box it probably says 'Zone'. Right click on this to access options. Click off all the zone boxes. Done. Alternatively, you can click on the gear icon over the chat box and do the same thing.

I actually make two options - one with zone chat and one without. On top of the chat box there is probably a + symbol. Hit the + symbol and that will allow you to create a new tab, offering you options to allow/disable what you want on that tab. I leave everything enabled except zone. Then I label that tab as 'No Zone'. Now I have two options on top of my chat box: Zone (with everything enabled) and No Zone (with everything but zone chat enabled).

Hope that helps.
Sakiri
I like zone chat. The trash talking edgelords amuse me.
ghastley
The Frost Atronach crates have finally returned, several months later than I expected. But that means that Diablita gets revealed with her riding skills complete, Undaunted leveled, max rapport with her companion etc. so she's ready to go. Only a few traits left to research, too.

No hooves or tail, of course, and she's still wearing more than she'd like. We're hoping to get the right style page for a pitchfork on her back bar, but she's currently hiding the one she has via Gloambound. Her main weapon is the two-handed sword, like she preferred in Skyrim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.