Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
Acadian
Thanks, all. Magsorc Buffy is the crafter that has to get to crafting sites so it was a big confidence boost that she has gotten to the point that she thinks she can get wherever she needs to go.

Kaz, I know what you mean about having to learn and refine builds for some of them to be successful. Buffy studies hard and practices a lot. Her limitations are mostly that she will not change race (she’s a magical Bosmer), nor will she ‘farm’ dungeons looking for elusive dungeon set armor in the right traits. She runs a crafted set, does actually farm a dolmen to get 3 set jewelry pieces then buys a couple guild store items to complete an overland set. An even simpler approach is to use a set of farmed/bought jewelry pieces, one crafted set of 5 and another crafted set with only 3 pieces. I sympathize with Adryn’s combat restrictions in a dangerous world.

Grits, I did ‘preview’ the scholar personality and, though disappointing for Buffy’s use, I must admit that it would be purrrfect for Darnand. And I love the idea of him having Tythis the Banker trailing along. I can imagine the arcanery they discuss. I completely agree on the new clothing outfits – too big, bulky and puffy indeed. At least they seem to have moved beyond the crotch-to-the-knees pants style they’ve used on too many outfits. I’ll join you in hoping for better clothing costumes ahead. Oh, and I love your May screenshot - Jerric and Ulfe look so happy in what I imagine is a wonderful Skyrim fishing spot. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Yeah Khajiit is not overly impressed with most of the outfits he's seen. Mira likes her Cyrod Patrician gown, and Feng loves the pirate outfits. Brenna will have the off shoulder dress (when she's not wearing her Barbaric gear!). Khajiit's next crown purchases will be a mount for Brenna (cave bear!) and the adornments style parlor set.
monkeyemoness
@Kaza - I distinctly remember a combat part halfway through the questline but I could be wrong. Khajiit is right about the beginning though.

I wasn't too happy with the Breton outfits, either. I tried them out on Eolan and...eech. Those sleeves. Loose cloth outfits have always been like this since they started being released and tbh I really don't like it. I'd say Eolan doesn't either but that's his default expression so. :V Maybe the high Breton outfit will look better on him, even if it isn't his thing. I was really hoping the mid one would be his outfit even if he looked like a Daggerfall shopkeeper.

Anyways, since I was low on Heartwood and Eolan still hasn't hit the 10k harvested nodes mark, I decided to take him out to gather materials and ended up in Craglorn. I got 5 Fortified and 1 Potent Nirncrux out of it but not as much Heartwood as I wanted.
hazmick
It'd be nice if we could get some more varied outfits sometime. Something that isn't too baggy but not too snug either. (Haa-Rei wants a big, comfy jumper to mooch around in.)

I'm just relieved that we seem to have come to an end of all the Redguard style stuff that has been so regular for the last year or so. Nothing against Redguards but geez let's give some other styles a go, eh?
TheCheshireKhajiit
If anyone has any heavy helms with any traits besides "Reinforced" to spare, Mira could really use them for the researches.
Grits
Sure, I'll send you some this morning.

EDIT: Whoops, maintenance. So I'll send you some when the server comes back up! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 27 2017, 05:14 PM) *

Ok, Mira just finished God of Schemes. That was fun!! Man, Mira was owning fools left and right! Got some good pics too!

Also, that Coldharbour Ash Black looks good on the highlights of her armor!

WOO HOO! Congratulations to Mira!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 28 2017, 04:43 PM) *

"Back in the day" you pretty much HAD to do Silver and Gold to survive in Craglorn. (Which was at about level v10 minimum, never mind the group requirement) This was also before Wrothgar, so there wasn't any other option when it came to leveling through quests. :V

These days there isn't much of an incentive to do the Silver and Gold zones IMO, outside of the Motif (since it's bound to your account there's no other way to get one) and Collectible (if you don't have it yet). Primal, Barbaric, Ancient Elf and Daedric motifs and style material can be found everywhere now, and 50% of provisioning recipe drops are based on your level, as are material nodes.

I guess you can also experience the other alliances if you haven't played through them, but I made one character per alliance from the start so it didn't really matter much to me, outside of seeing different outcomes to quests based on the character's choices. By Gold I was skipping dialogue, though. Whoops.

This. It used to be the only way for your character to explore the other alliances (unless you found a way to sneak past the regulations and their blockades to sneak all the skyshards out from them like Misa did. I also had characters in each Alliance, but Misa was my crafter = and I would have done anything for the Soul Shriven motif, I love those swords!

mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 28 2017, 06:06 PM) *

I enjoyed the Silver since it was my first exposure to the Daggerfall Covenant. It was also a nice excuse/framework to gather all the skyshards in the DC areas. And it also netted from skill points from the DC Alliance quests as well.

As you recall, I have multiple versions of Buffy. The primary of these are the magplar healer and the magsorc dps. The magsorc is going through the Coldharbour questlines now and she has always felt rather skittish to me since she relies on pets, magic shielding and lightning. Well, she was poking around a world boss's area (Dwemer centurian) and accidently aggro'd his minions. As she started running away she realized both summons remained and were fully engaged. Well, she is just too devoted and nurturing to abandon them so she went back to see Spike (clannfear) and Drusilla (winged matriarch) holding their own vs the minions (boss not involved yet). So Buffy helped them out. As soon as the minions were gone, the boss came to life!

Well, Spike charged into him so what could Buffy do? She buffed all three of them with magic shielding, debuffed the boss, and started pouring on the thunder and lightning. Playing careful attention to make sure that Spike's shielding was up that Drusilla was healing him while Buffy was pouring out damage the fight actually settled into something that looked like it just might work. It all relied on Spike's ability to tank.

Sure enough, it took Buffy some time to carve through 2 million hp but Spike gave her the safety to do exactly that. When that big metal man fell, I can't describe how much self-confidence it gave Buffy. Not to mention deep appreciation for her steadfast helpers, Spike and Dru.

The significance of this fight is that it really (in my mind) puts magsorc Buffy up in the same league as her healing magplar version. In fact, this was a fight that the magplar likely could not have won.

HOLY COW, Buffy is AMAZING !!!! Misa got killed by that same world boss so many times that she ended up having to call Aussie to come help her kill him! Awesome! What a great feeling that must be, so proud of Buffy!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Grits @ May 2 2017, 04:54 AM) *

Sure, I'll send you some this morning.

EDIT: Whoops, maintenance. So I'll send you some when the server comes back up! laugh.gif

Thanks Grits! This one swears, we have multiple traits for all other heavy armor pieces but only one for helms. WTH?
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 29 2017, 11:39 PM) *

Magsorcs are a one-mage army and those pets are what got Jo'zira through Craglorn the first time around. They're great.

TIL that pickpocketing mages can net you Soul Gems as decorations. And I mean actual soul gems that you can pick up in the world, not the crappy "soul gems" that you can buy from achievement vendors. Jo has a Lesser Soul gem in his Sleek Creek house where his enchanting station will be now. I also learned you have to launder things before you can place them in your home. Gross.

OMG, I didn't know about this! Awesome !!!!! I think that is so cool, kind of like fishing can net you items to place in homes too!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ May 2 2017, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 29 2017, 11:39 PM) *

Magsorcs are a one-mage army and those pets are what got Jo'zira through Craglorn the first time around. They're great.

TIL that pickpocketing mages can net you Soul Gems as decorations. And I mean actual soul gems that you can pick up in the world, not the crappy "soul gems" that you can buy from achievement vendors. Jo has a Lesser Soul gem in his Sleek Creek house where his enchanting station will be now. I also learned you have to launder things before you can place them in your home. Gross.

OMG, I didn't know about this! Awesome !!!!! I think that is so cool, kind of like fishing can net you items to place in homes too!

Ooh, related to this, Mira added a shelf and a lantern over her "bed" platform in her Ebony Flask prison cell room! That along with the Hircine banner is making the room feel a little less prison cell-y! We really do need a proper bed in there though...
mALX
QUOTE(Kazaera @ Apr 30 2017, 10:12 AM) *

WOW, Acadian! I'm duly impressed by Buffy soloing a World Boss O.o

I need to get Tasrin-jo out a bit more - she's going magsorc, and I recently saw one of those destroy a dolmen. Ervesa is fun for stealthing but not exactly optimal for fighting - I may have to look up a Nightblade build at some point instead of just muddling through, as she's started having trouble with dungeon bosses. :/ Downside of the scaling system - in most other games I could manage a nonoptimal build by just overlevelling, here I get the impression she's getting steadily weaker as time goes on.

In the meantime, Adryn has fallen back into her old habits and joined the Thieves' Guild at Abah's Landing. I'm crossing my fingers that I can do that questline without, y'know, killing anything. Getting Adryn levelled has proven to be a real headache due to her restrictions, and I am 100% taking tips on ways to get XP without killing anything.

I'd like to know that answer to that myself.

Of course you can get it by crafting Writs, and the higher the skill level (purchased via skill point expenditure) = the higher the XP you get. (like between 1000 XP for lowest level and 20,000 XP for the highest level). It is a slow growth, but definitely gains a character levels.

Also, if you drink some Psijiic Ambrosia = the XP is doubled while the drink is running. Spend some skill points to extend the amount of time potions last, and you can make the most of these. Also, the Crown Store has XP Scrolls that also double the XP you receive from activities.

You gain XP for doing quests, but would kind of have to look up the quests to determine which don't require any killing.

I can't think of any others, anyone else know any ways?

Acadian
On those occasions when Buffy the healer simply heals the fighters, she gets xp. I know Adryn is not a healer but if she picked up a resto staff and stood in the background at busy dolmens healing those who fight, she should get xp for the dolmen close. The first resto ability (grand healing) only requires level 2 in resto staves and would do nicely. Not sure if that suits her nature though.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ May 1 2017, 12:36 PM) *

Congrats to Mira on finishing her Coldharbour business! I enjoy that part of the questline very much.

Congrats to Buffy on her world boss victory! That must have been a grueling battle, but she is a determined elf. A magsorc with team in full fury is a sight to behold! smile.gif

Kazaera, I have the same issues with Lildereth (stamina-Nightblade-bow) doing the Thieves Guild questline. She took a break and worked on her stealth, which helped a lot. To level she spent some time with groups at dolmens. It was pretty awful, but better for her than all of the various quests which would eventually put her toe-to-toe with a boss. It’s good to have other characters to spend time with for a break when things get frustrating. Now she enjoys the thief dailies, but it was rough until we got the hang of it.

Some random thoughts from Jerric’s world. I may have mentioned it before, but I adore the scholar personality on Darnand. I gave him one of the slightly tousled hairstyles, so now with his nose always in a book it looks as if his hair has just fallen into his eyes. I thought that running with the book would look silly, but on him it’s endearing. He likes to travel with Tythis. The two of them crack me up with all of their note-taking.

Another thing, I think they “fixed” the Markarth Bear Dog’s annoying bark by removing it. Hopefully that was not a mistake. Jerric loves that dog, but if the bark comes back I’m sending him on vacation. (The dog. Not the Nord.)

The puffy shirt costume looks ridiculous. It is a favorite of Jerric’s. I have even dyed it a dark color, but then he just looks like a flavored marshmallow man instead of a regular one. I think it’s the boots that he likes so much. Now I have a reason to anticipate the next month’s costume offerings. Fingers crossed for cool boots with a shirt that doesn’t hurt my eyes.

BWAAHAA! Jerric looking like a flavored marshmallow! rollinglaugh.gif

Oh, I actually thought of Darnand right away when I saw the Scholar personality! So fitting for him!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 1 2017, 03:58 PM) *

@Kaza - I distinctly remember a combat part halfway through the questline but I could be wrong. Khajiit is right about the beginning though.

I wasn't too happy with the Breton outfits, either. I tried them out on Eolan and...eech. Those sleeves. Loose cloth outfits have always been like this since they started being released and tbh I really don't like it. I'd say Eolan doesn't either but that's his default expression so. :V Maybe the high Breton outfit will look better on him, even if it isn't his thing. I was really hoping the mid one would be his outfit even if he looked like a Daggerfall shopkeeper.

Anyways, since I was low on Heartwood and Eolan still hasn't hit the 10k harvested nodes mark, I decided to take him out to gather materials and ended up in Craglorn. I got 5 Fortified and 1 Potent Nirncrux out of it but not as much Heartwood as I wanted.

HOLY COW, what a farming trip! Love the drawing of Eolan in his heavily fortified Farming Gear, lol.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 2 2017, 01:34 AM) *

If anyone has any heavy helms with any traits besides "Reinforced" to spare, Mira could really use them for the researches.

I can send you whatever you need! PM me in game what pieces you want, I'd be happy to send them!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ May 2 2017, 11:25 AM) *

I can send you whatever you need! PM me in game what pieces you want, I'd be happy to send them!

Thanks mALX, but Grits already supplied me with all we needed! Khajiit appreciates the offer though!

Mira finished her first group dungeon for an Undaunted pledge. We learned two interesting and surprising things. One, groups, even with complete strangers, can be fun! Two, Mira seems to hold agro fairly well. The dungeon bosses would come after her when she did her stabby stab thing and with her shield raised and power attacks refueling her stamina she was able to keep her health up while the others did their damage dealing. So now we have some questions about the Undaunted pledges. Is there an etiquette for groups when doing the pledges we should know about? Also, how do you talk to the group in chat?
Kazaera
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 2 2017, 05:05 PM) *

On those occasions when Buffy the healer simply heals the fighters, she gets xp. I know Adryn is not a healer but if she picked up a resto staff and stood in the background at busy dolmens healing those who fight, she should get xp for the dolmen close. The first resto ability (grand healing) only requires level 2 in resto staves and would do nicely. Not sure if that suits her nature though.

This is a great idea, thanks! It's not quite Adryn, but I can handwave it (blacksmithing isn't all that Adryn either, really). In fact, her resto staff skill is decent because, well, it felt ridiculous not to put SOMETHING in her weapon slot :') and I recently gave her one of the resto healing skills because she was sneaking along behind another player letting them do all the fighting and I felt really bad about not helping. So it works out pretty well!

Skill points aren't even the biggest problem - I mean, don't get me wrong, they're a problem, but there are tons of Skyshards out there so I can usually squeeze a few points out if I really need them. The main issue right now is that I really want to get the second detection-radius-decrease skill in the medium armor line before I pursue the Thieves' Guild line much further, and there is a lot of XP missing between me and that. It's proven hard to build up solely by crafting.
hazmick
For thieving xp, you could do the repeatable Thieves Guild quests. They're on the board in the Thieves Den in Abah's Landing and usually involve picking pockets or stealing from chests.

TheCheshireKhajiit
Welp, Mira Cervantii is now Champion Mira Cervantii!!
Acadian
Congrats to Champion Mira!

Sorry, can't really help regarding Undaunted pledges. kvright.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 3 2017, 06:42 AM) *

Congrats to Champion Mira!

Sorry, can't really help regarding Undaunted pledges. kvright.gif

That's ok! We probably won't be doing many of them.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Lol, put points into the Mage, Thief, and Warrior? Didn't the Stargazers tell Zeni that the Three Guardians were "out of the office" currently?
monkeyemoness
So I'm still hurting over the Jubilee-induced motif crash but next week I'll start selling some of the motifs that go pretty cheaply anyways just so I can get money into my bank for things.

I decided that instead of saving up 200k on each squad member I'd just have them each dump 100k into the bank. I don't have them do much shopping anymore so may as well. :T I only have Master Merchant enabled on one character since it's been so unstable since the last update and it hasn't updated for months, so I just have one character do the shopping tbh.

I also spent over 20k for Hearwood I'm not sorry.
monkeyemoness
This is the most expensive Motif I have ever completed since Akaviri.

And I still have Silken Ring to finish. Hopefully it becomes cheaper down the road.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 3 2017, 11:34 PM) *

This is the most expensive Motif I have ever completed since Akaviri.

And I still have Silken Ring to finish. Hopefully it becomes cheaper down the road.

Yeah but Khajiit really likes it! It's very "Aztec Eagle Warrior"!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 3 2017, 02:54 AM) *

That is Awesome! Congratulations!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 3 2017, 10:57 PM) *

So I'm still hurting over the Jubilee-induced motif crash but next week I'll start selling some of the motifs that go pretty cheaply anyways just so I can get money into my bank for things.

I decided that instead of saving up 200k on each squad member I'd just have them each dump 100k into the bank. I don't have them do much shopping anymore so may as well. :T I only have Master Merchant enabled on one character since it's been so unstable since the last update and it hasn't updated for months, so I just have one character do the shopping tbh.

I also spent over 20k for Hearwood I'm not sorry.

Yes, having trouble selling any of my purple motifs since that festival. Surprisingly, was able to sell all my blue ones (for about half price, though) laugh.gif

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ May 4 2017, 09:08 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 3 2017, 02:54 AM) *

That is Awesome! Congratulations!

Thanks! Mira had some trouble fighting the Flame Monarch in the quest "The Elemental Army" in Craglorn. Died twice. Finally beat it by spamming the spell absorb power, lol
Acadian
Noticed a character today named Iguana Jones. Any guess what race this intrepid adventurer was? Made me smile and think of dear Haa-Rei. happy.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ May 5 2017, 09:58 AM) *

Noticed a character today named Iguana Jones. Any guess what race this intrepid adventurer was? Made me smile and think of dear Haa-Rei. happy.gif

Well with that name he had better have been an Argo or Khajiit would call his creator confused!

Too bad there's no fedoras for Dr. Iguana Jones.
monkeyemoness
The names I see ofthen and the ones I like the most have always been food-based, and it's always really weird or specific foods, too.

My favorites are Garlic Naan (he was a Khajiit) and Cheesy Gordita Crunch.
Acadian
So all Buffy would have to do is change her name to Buffet? tongue.gif
Grits
Hm, torn between Picnic Ham Kjellingsson and Standing Rib Roast of Kvatch. tongue.gif
monkeyemoness
tbh Cheesy Gordita Crunch has been haunting me since I saw him. I was caught off guard and I still love it. Yesterday's "Banana and Kale Chips" was almost as good. That one was running Dolmen groups in Auridon last night. I wonder if it's all the same person or if it's an in-joke of some kind.

Anyways, in my search for soul gems I ended up getting a Human Skull. Three of them. In a row. The same thing happened with Wanted Criminal sheets (I got a male Colovian one then a male Imperial one...aren't they both Imperial? Is the "Imperial" one Nibenese? ????)

Thievery has never been so lucrative.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ May 5 2017, 01:39 PM) *

Hm, torn between Picnic Ham Kjellingsson and Standing Rib Roast of Kvatch. tongue.gif

Misa could be Miso?

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 5 2017, 03:10 PM) *

tbh Cheesy Gordita Crunch has been haunting me since I saw him. I was caught off guard and I still love it. Yesterday's "Banana and Kale Chips" was almost as good. That one was running Dolmen groups in Auridon last night. I wonder if it's all the same person or if it's an in-joke of some kind.

Anyways, in my search for soul gems I ended up getting a Human Skull. Three of them. In a row. The same thing happened with Wanted Criminal sheets (I got a male Colovian one then a male Imperial one...aren't they both Imperial? Is the "Imperial" one Nibenese? ????)

Thievery has never been so lucrative.

Can you set out those Wanted Criminal Sheets that you pick pocket? Because those sheets in household furnishings are costing a fortune at the Guild Stores!

monkeyemoness
QUOTE(mALX @ May 5 2017, 03:06 PM) *

Can you set out those Wanted Criminal Sheets that you pick pocket? Because those sheets in household furnishings are costing a fortune at the Guild Stores!

Yes, but I sorta want to keep them. As a reminder of what could have been had they kept the planned justice system PvP. I might end up selling them anyways though. I only really want a female Argonian one for Hates because I love "Tales of" references. Though right now Jo'zira is the one with the 12k bounty due to constantly terrorizing the pockets of the denizens of Vulkhel Guard.

I sacrificed vouchers I could have used to buy the poison cabinet blueprint to get Hlaalu Furnishing Documents. The better of the two options I think, what with the x2.5 price increase next month and the fact that I did get some nice things out of it. I'm not sure if I want to give the duplicates I got to the Squad, though.

On one hand the devs did mention that furnishing plans may or may not factor into Master Writ drops sometime in the future, but on the other, half of the motifs they know aren't complete so it wouldn't be that big of a jump anyways. idk, I need gold so (or I can wait for the price increase on the documents, though maybe it'll just make buying the documents pointless??)

idk mang, before housing dropped I was thinking I would be taking it easier now that i didn't have a huge goal to save money for. It just got harder, since getting the house was just the first step.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 6 2017, 12:37 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 5 2017, 03:06 PM) *

Yes, but I sorta want to keep them. As a reminder of what could have been had they kept the planned justice system PvP. I might end up selling them anyways though. I only really want a female Argonian one for Hates because I love "Tales of" references. Though right now Jo'zira is the one with the 12k bounty due to constantly terrorizing the pockets of the denizens of Vulkhel Guard.

I sacrificed vouchers I could have used to buy the poison cabinet blueprint to get Hlaalu Furnishing Documents. The better of the two options I think, what with the x2.5 price increase next month and the fact that I did get some nice things out of it. I'm not sure if I want to give the duplicates I got to the Squad, though.

On one hand the devs did mention that furnishing plans may or may not factor into Master Writ drops sometime in the future, but on the other, half of the motifs they know aren't complete so it wouldn't be that big of a jump anyways. idk, I need gold so (or I can wait for the price increase on the documents, though maybe it'll just make buying the documents pointless??)

idk mang, before housing dropped I was thinking I would be taking it easier now that i didn't have a huge goal to save money for. It just got harder, since getting the house was just the first step.

BWAAHAA! Like giving a child a "Barbie" doll; it is the gift that keeps on costing, lol. (IE: Barbie's Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall wardrobes; Barbie's Dream House; Barbie's Corvette; Barbie's friends and little sister; etc). Give your worst enemy's child one Barbie doll and you will have a decade of revenge on them for whatever they have done to you, lol.

I did the same exact thing - had 130 vouchers and was about to buy the Poison Cabinet plans: one plan vs 13 purple plans; and factor in the price increase coming up for those purple plans. So yeah, I chose the 13 purples instead too.

monkeyemoness
This is just more ammo for me to call Homestead the Warrior Barbie Dreamhouse update.

But yeah, it's why I put my attunable station collection on hold. Those things will be the same price forever and will be there when the other becomes more expensive.
Darkness Eternal
So, who again has a PS4? I bought one today and finally I'm going to begin ES: Online again.

I know you guys are higher level but I'd be great to adventure or visit your houses. I'll be in the Daggerfall Covenant.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 6 2017, 08:17 PM) *

So, who again has a PS4? I bought one today and finally I'm going to begin ES: Online again.

I know you guys are higher level but I'd be great to adventure or visit your houses. I'll be in the Daggerfall Covenant.

Most of us are on PC. sad.gif
Acadian
Khajiit's right that most of us are on PC and those here who play/visit together are on PC NA. I hope you'll share your adventuring in ESO with us though by telling us about it and maybe sharing screenies. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit dreams of a day when we can all play together, regardless of what platform we are on. *Sigh* Until then, it seems we must remain on our console and pc islands, solemnly gazing across the empty sea.
monkeyemoness
I think a few people were on the PS4 and still played on it, no? But yeah, cross-platform would make things much easier. PC is our "gathering" platform, though.

EDIT: Gathering all the furnishing plans will be the absolute most disgusting thing I will ever do in ESO if I stayed completely self-sufficient. At least Provisioning recipes could be earned from crafting writs, with a specific tier drop depending on the writ level. 1k+ plans from a single loot list, with the only saving grace being that you're more likely to find a specific racial style based on location. More likely, but not by much. This...this is a mess. A mess I will participate in regardless but my interest will wane considerably once I get all the ones I want.
Darkness Eternal
Bummer!! Thanks guys.

And Acadian, I'll be sure to post a few screenshots.

Sandor went fishing today smile.gif

I'll be able to do some adventuring all day on Tuesday. Hope to save up for a nice house I've been hearing about lately. So many to choose from.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 7 2017, 06:42 PM) *

EDIT: Gathering all the furnishing plans will be the absolute most disgusting thing I will ever do in ESO if I stayed completely self-sufficient. At least Provisioning recipes could be earned from crafting writs, with a specific tier drop depending on the writ level. 1k+ plans from a single loot list, with the only saving grace being that you're more likely to find a specific racial style based on location. More likely, but not by much. This...this is a mess. A mess I will participate in regardless but my interest will wane considerably once I get all the ones I want.

Admittedly, this has intimidated Khajiit ever since it became clear that being able to furnish your grand palace of a house would be a time and resource sucking chore. He can barely keep up with Mira's blacksmithing writs, how can he hope to obtain enough resources to furnish her little Ebony Flask Room, much less a palace like Hunding?! Maybe one day this one will be able to do this, but that day won't dawn for quite some time, sadly.

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 7 2017, 10:07 PM) *

Bummer!! Thanks guys.

And Acadian, I'll be sure to post a few screenshots.

Sandor went fishing today smile.gif

I'll be able to do some adventuring all day on Tuesday. Hope to save up for a nice house I've been hearing about lately. So many to choose from.

Have fun! We'd love to hear about your travels in Tamriel and though we can't physically be there with you, we will be with you in spirit!
Grits
DE, I still have a PS4 account. Let me know what you need, happy to help out.
hazmick
I was reminded why I don't group with strangers today.

Haa-Rei arrived at the Minotaur world boss in the Gold Coast, as part of our regular grind, and jumped straight in. We've solo'd it plenty of times before so I wasn't concerned.

After the boss got down to about 75% health, another player arrived and asked to group. "Why not?" Thought Haa-Rei, and accepted the invite. At first our new comrade did nothing, which didn't really bother me, but then he set foot into the boss's aggression zone, and the Minotaur turned to attack the newcomer.

Our comrade then promptly turned tail and ran out of the room, thus resetting the boss's aggression and health bar. This happened three times. THREE TIMES. Haa-Rei couldn't open up the menu to leave the group since we were in combat, so we were stuck in a groundhog day loop of fighting a giant minotaur and his ghost mobs.

Eventually two more players arrived and our cowardly comrade felt confident enough to stay in the room long enough to kill the boss.
monkeyemoness
Sounds like my time in Shada's Tear. It's understandable (but infuriating, especially in Craglorn anomalies) from randos, but people who regularly do dungeons should know that bosses reset if you stray too far. :V and should listen when it's said over and over not to go too far up the stairs or get off of them entirely, geeze

Never group with lone strangers, tbh. even if they follow you
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(hazmick @ May 8 2017, 11:25 AM) *

I was reminded why I don't group with strangers today.

Haa-Rei arrived at the Minotaur world boss in the Gold Coast, as part of our regular grind, and jumped straight in. We've solo'd it plenty of times before so I wasn't concerned.

After the boss got down to about 75% health, another player arrived and asked to group. "Why not?" Thought Haa-Rei, and accepted the invite. At first our new comrade did nothing, which didn't really bother me, but then he set foot into the boss's aggression zone, and the Minotaur turned to attack the newcomer.

Our comrade then promptly turned tail and ran out of the room, thus resetting the boss's aggression and health bar. This happened three times. THREE TIMES. Haa-Rei couldn't open up the menu to leave the group since we were in combat, so we were stuck in a groundhog day loop of fighting a giant minotaur and his ghost mobs.

Eventually two more players arrived and our cowardly comrade felt confident enough to stay in the room long enough to kill the boss.

Ugh, that sounds really annoying!
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 6 2017, 09:17 PM) *

WAAAAAH! Oh, I so hoped you would be playing on the PC! verysad.gif

monkeyemoness
A thing I am glad I got to do before One Tamriel hit: discover all the Harborage locations so I can quicktravel to certain parts of other alliances that I wouldn't otherwise be able to quicktravel to.

You can no longer discover them, so at least the Squad lucked out in that regard. (I needed to get to the Auridon Outlaw's Refuge asap, okay?)

Today I got to see a guildie's Strident Spring Demense and aside from getting some ideas for my own, I felt envious of how great it look and the fact that I wouldn't be able to accomplish that level of decoration while being unsubscribed. The exterior was like a forest and the interior was basically my original plan (a heavy mix of Redguard and Khajiit. I was right, it does look great.)

Mine looks barren by comparison. :T I will steal the idea for the hammock and the crates of food, though
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(Grits @ May 8 2017, 12:50 PM) *

DE, I still have a PS4 account. Let me know what you need, happy to help out.

Do you play primarily on PC?

What level is Jerric?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.