Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
Acadian
Buffy's very excited about getting three mystery crates full of presents! I won't let her actually buy any of the darn things but she loves getting the free ones. tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 26 2017, 08:36 PM) *

Buffy's very excited about getting three mystery crates full of presents! I won't let her actually buy any of the darn things but she loves getting the free ones. tongue.gif

Lol, well Khajiit hopes she gets something worth while!
Grits
Lildereth’s favorite outfit is in the new crates, so she’s excited. I think we’ll have enough gems to buy it if we don’t get lucky. The free crates are fun, but after I saw the gem exchange rate I’m not interested in buying them. Even though Elke’s perfect hair was in the last set (but not for sale). rolleyes.gif

Good luck with your crate opening tomorrow, everyone!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 26 2017, 09:13 PM) *

Lildereth’s favorite outfit is in the new crates, so she’s excited. I think we’ll have enough gems to buy it if we don’t get lucky. The free crates are fun, but after I saw the gem exchange rate I’m not interested in buying them. Even though Elke’s perfect hair was in the last set (but not for sale). rolleyes.gif

Good luck with your crate opening tomorrow, everyone!

Thanks G!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Bahahaha
Log onto the game and it says the NA servers will be down due to maintenance
Grits
That’s Pacrooti delivering your crates! biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 27 2017, 06:45 AM) *

That’s Pacrooti delivering your crates! biggrin.gif

Ha, yeah guess so!
Acadian
Buffy got her three crates and had great fun opening them! Nothing that she will actually use inside though. Highlights were a Dominion Scout costume that is okay but not something she will likely use, and an adorable black and white guar pet - but again, Kitsune the vixen's place is not in jeopardy as Buffy's pet. Lol. A serpentine body tatoo (ugh) and a nice selection of consumables. She turned everything she could into crown gems, taking her total such gems from 7 to 16. Since the crates were gifts, she is very happy to have gotten them. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 27 2017, 10:21 AM) *

Buffy got her three crates and had great fun opening them! Nothing that she will actually use inside though. Highlights were a Dominion Scout costume that is okay but not something she will likely use, and an adorable black and white guar pet - but again, Kitsune the vixen's place is not in jeopardy as Buffy's pet. Lol. A serpentine body tatoo (ugh) and a nice selection of consumables. She turned everything she could into crown gems, taking her total such gems from 7 to 16. Since the crates were gifts, she is very happy to have gotten them. smile.gif

You ask Khajiit, he believes they could raise the exchange rate for the gems. 25 lethal poisons for one gem? Come on throw us a frickin' bone here! Give us at least five gems! It's not like that's going to break them!
Acadian
Well, I do agree there - that the exchange rate could be a bit higher. Also, I would love to exchange the other items I got that I will never use for crown gems - pet, costume, tatoo. Oh well, that is why I only deal in the free gift crates.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 27 2017, 10:36 AM) *

Well, I do agree there - that the exchange rate could be a bit higher. Also, I would love to exchange the other items I got that I will never use for crown gems - pet, costume, tatoo. Oh well, that is why I only deal in the free gift crates.

Yeah like for pets. None of Khajiit's characters use pets.
Grits
Jerric got a Jacspur costume (not the one Lil wants), two face tattoos, and the Northern Lynx pet. Maybe he’ll wear the skull face tattoo on Halloween? Lol. Five gems to add to the pile. That gem rate makes the costume that Lil wants cost around $38, and Elke’s braids would be $96. That’s what keeps me from buying these. Gambling for what you want is one thing, but getting far fewer gems for a duplicate item than it would cost makes the system a ripoff for those who pay cash, in my opinion. Fun for free, though. tongue.gif
hazmick
Nothing too exciting in our crates either. Got a nice wolf pet that can stand around Stay-Moist, but everything else was useless. Like, a back tattoo - who wants a tattoo that nobody can see unless you walk around topless? Gimme some nice tattoos for Ciri's muscular arms, and then we'll talk about buying crates.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Good cernunnos, costumes galore (but not very good ones).

Dragon Warrior Mira

Jacspur(sp?) Mira

Mira is going as Uncle Sheo for Halloween!

Mira modeling a scary back tat (and her awesome back muscles).
Acadian
Thanks for the pix! The Jacspur costume would be very nice - except for the disqualifying hip flappers. Why ESO's hip, shoulder and crotch flapper fetish has to extend beyond heavy armor to medium and light I just don't get.

Buffy got what could almost be a nice costume (Dominion Scout) but it suffers from the perfect storm of shoulder/hip/crotch flappers all three. Grr. kvright.gif
Grits
Nice pictures! We should have a Halloween party, lol. Jerric wears that dragon costume sometimes on the PS4 for nostalgia’s sake. Not the helm, though.

I am in agreement about the hip/crotch/shoulder flaps. I find them especially egregious on light armor. Why would a mage’s robe have hip pads? Sigh.

By the way, if Jerric ever gets a free back tattoo, I’m sure you will all get tired of seeing it. laugh.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Lol, one of Khajiit's bank characters is making use of the Uncle Sheo outfit (with a color modification, of course). It actually suits him nicely! laugh.gif
Acadian
Woot! A guild Halloween costume party! Buffy's got her Tinkerbell outfit and hairstyle all ready to go! biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 27 2017, 12:14 PM) *

Nice screens!!!

We also got the back tattoo and the Jacspur outfit - but WOW, I LOVE that Sheo outfit !!!!

hazmick
That back tattoo actually looks pretty cool. I got a different one. I'll grab a screenie later.

EDIT: Now I remember why I don't like body tattoos - Cirinwe's scars miraculously heal when she gets inked. C'mon Zenimax, why not both?
monkeyemoness
I didn't have high hopes for anything good, even from 3 of them. On the first I got junk like Poisons and Food as well as the snake tattoos.

On the second I got a sudden gold card and thought "eh, it's probably a mount I'll never u-SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

HEY LOOK AT THAT I GOT THE ONE THING I ACTUALLY WANTED LMAO

Anyways...third crate had more of the usual, as well as a duplicate of the Vanguard armor. I'm left with 17 crown gems, 3 Mimic Stones that won't stack with the rest, and freedom from a cruel and unjust RNG god. I heard that the Treasure Hunting passive actually messes with BA drops, making them never appear if you have it

Anyways here's Eolan modeling the new stuff:
Vanguard Armor - I agree that the damn tassets and epaulets looked tacked on for the majority of armors. Can we just have, like, more subtle pieces??

Tattoos - Forgot to take a back one, whoops. If only you could wear tattoos and scars at the same time. Or combine certain markings together. Same with hair. Hm...
Grits
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 27 2017, 03:57 PM) *

On the second I got a sudden gold card and thought "eh, it's probably a mount I'll never u-SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

rollinglaugh.gif Congratulations!!! That's so awesome!!

Also congrats on getting Lil's favorite outfit! tongue.gif

There was a guy in chat this morning asking what the style book was for. He had never done crafting. At that moment, heads and fists met keyboards all over the world.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 27 2017, 03:57 PM) *

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dark Reaper
Made it to lvl. 18 got some steel armor and weapons and did a few more quest.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 27 2017, 02:57 PM) *

I didn't have high hopes for anything good, even from 3 of them. On the first I got junk like Poisons and Food as well as the snake tattoos.

Anyways...third crate had more of the usual, as well as a duplicate of the Vanguard armor. I'm left with 17 crown gems, 3 Mimic Stones that won't stack with the rest, and freedom from a cruel and unjust RNG god. I heard that the Treasure Hunting passive actually messes with BA drops, making them never appear if you have it

Anyways here's Eolan modeling the new stuff:
Vanguard Armor - I agree that the damn tassets and epaulets looked tacked on for the majority of armors. Can we just have, like, more subtle pieces??

Tattoos - Forgot to take a back one, whoops. If only you could wear tattoos and scars at the same time. Or combine certain markings together. Same with hair. Hm...

Nice!

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Sep 27 2017, 07:16 PM) *

Made it to lvl. 18 got some steel armor and weapons and did a few more quest.

Congrats!
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 27 2017, 02:03 PM) *

Woot! A guild Halloween costume party! Buffy's got her Tinkerbell outfit and hairstyle all ready to go! biggrin.gif

We have a goblin or a skellie morph, either one will be good!

TheCheshireKhajiit
Mira put some kind of Legendary furnishing she didn't foresee a need for into our guild bank if anyone wants it. An "Argonian Post", of some sort.
Dark Reaper
Today (or rather yesterday) in Tamriel Lena plays her Lute.
IPB Image
Acadian
Lots of goodies in our bank!

Lena the lutist! She's looking good - love her red hair and warden outfit. And she is really making progress leveling up. goodjob.gif
Acadian
So Buffy had 7 crown gems from previous freebies. That grew to 16 when she processed her free crates yesterday. Today she went shopping with her gems at the crate store and found a wood elf vanguard costume that is absolutely perfect - for 16 gems. So her gem count is now zero but she has a delicious new wood elf costume - a bare midriff and no hip/shoulder/crotch/butt flappers. It looks wonderfully like the very low level Bosmer style armor. Woot! She thinks Lil neeeeeeds that costume as well!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 11:01 AM) *

So Buffy had 7 crown gems from previous freebies. That grew to 16 when she processed her free crates yesterday. Today she went shopping with her gems at the crate store and found a wood elf vanguard costume that is absolutely perfect - for 16 gems. So her gem count is now zero but she has a delicious new wood elf costume - a bare midriff and no hip/shoulder/crotch/butt flappers. It looks wonderfully like the very low level Bosmer style armor. Woot! She thinks Lil neeeeeeds that costume as well!

Khaji-er, Brenna has had her eye on the cute little crow momento thing!
Acadian
Yes! Imagine conjuring mirocu to sit on your arm whenever you wanted! tongue.gif

Oh, got a screenshot of Buffy in her now Bosmer costume.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 12:55 PM) *

Yes! Imagine conjuring mirocu to sit on your arm whenever you wanted! tongue.gif

Buffy lookin' good!*

*As usual!
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 12:55 PM) *

Ah so you're Buffy, I've seen you in the text box from time to time in my game time happy.gif.

Oh and here's my character chilling.
IPB Image
Grits
Acadian, you’re right, Lil needed that Vanguard outfit! It’s perfect. She loves it for all of the reasons that Buffy does, plus Jerric’s favorite feature - bare toes! In fact it’s now the whole crew’s favorite outfit, because Lildereth is no longer hissing and fuming over what she’s going to wear. tongue.gif Buffy looks fabulous! It’s a happy day for the wood elf lasses! wub.gif

Reaper, congrats on the leveling and quests! I enjoy the questlines in this game. Nice to see Lena taking a moment to relax. I love how she looks in her Warden outfit.

I saw some people fooling around with their crows in Auridon. They look awesome!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Yes, Brenna needs the crows. She was named after ravens, after all.

Khajiit just wishes Wardens beast abilities weren't so specific to Morrowind. It would've been really cool if each race had their own corresponding animal for different abilities. For example, the dive bombing Cliff Racer could be a large raven for Bretons or an eagle for Dominion types.
monkeyemoness
Now we all have the Vanguard outfit. :U Although some of us that do happen to eat salad. And enjoy it. Ah well.

But yeah, given the Warden's background and our status as outsiders (as always) it seems a little weird to have their abilities Vvardenfell-flavored. It would make sense if one remained in Vvardenfell but that place has nowhere near enough content for it to be a thing.

Maybe the special skin applied to the Bear will extend to all abilities so we can change the look? The devs have gotten practice with mounts and pets so

Anyways, today Hates did some thieving in Vvardenfell and found something for her collection of strange dolls. She even found a motif but lbr that's not the prize here. Many Telvanni lost their lives.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 28 2017, 03:08 PM) *

Now we all have the Vanguard outfit. :U Although some of us that do happen to eat salad. And enjoy it. Ah well.

But yeah, given the Warden's background and our status as outsiders (as always) it seems a little weird to have their abilities Vvardenfell-flavored. It would make sense if one remained in Vvardenfell but that place has nowhere near enough content for it to be a thing.

Maybe the special skin applied to the Bear will extend to all abilities so we can change the look? The devs have gotten practice with mounts and pets so

Anyways, today Hates did some thieving in Vvardenfell and found something for her collection of strange dolls. She even found a motif but lbr that's not the prize here. Many Telvanni lost their lives.

Lol, why does the Kwama Warrior doll look like a bear?

Brenna made a new friend!
Acadian
Woot! Mirocu made it into ESO! IPB Image
Grits
Yay!! Welcome, mirocu!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 28 2017, 04:08 PM) *

Yikes, and I love that Hates has a creepy doll collection. wub.gif

Khajitt, Brenna’s crow is awesome! Woo, I love it!

I would welcome alternate animals for the Wardens. Wolf or sabre cat Ultimate, for example. (Though I can think of no better animal for Jerric than a bear.)
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 28 2017, 05:28 PM) *

Yay!! Welcome, mirocu!!! biggrin.gif

Yikes, and I love that Hates has a creepy doll collection. wub.gif

Khajitt, Brenna’s crow is awesome! Woo, I love it!

I would welcome alternate animals for the Wardens. Wolf or sabre cat Ultimate, for example. (Though I can think of no better animal for Jerric than a bear.)

Well, the bear is pretty much tops when this one thinks of land mammals he'd want on his side in a fight so Khajiit has 0 problems with that (also, Brenna loves her Emyr!). Wolves (unless a direwolf sized wolf) would really only be helpful in packs, but a big ol' Sabrecat might would work!
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Sep 28 2017, 06:33 AM) *

Today (or rather yesterday) in Tamriel Lena plays her Lute.
IPB Image

Really nice screenshot!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 12:01 PM) *

Do they have items that cheap? How do you see what you can redeem with the gems? I have 17 gems!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 01:55 PM) *

That is cute!

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 28 2017, 02:32 PM) *

Acadian, you’re right, Lil needed that Vanguard outfit! It’s perfect. She loves it for all of the reasons that Buffy does, plus Jerric’s favorite feature - bare toes! In fact it’s now the whole crew’s favorite outfit, because Lildereth is no longer hissing and fuming over what she’s going to wear. tongue.gif Buffy looks fabulous! It’s a happy day for the wood elf lasses! wub.gif

Reaper, congrats on the leveling and quests! I enjoy the questlines in this game. Nice to see Lena taking a moment to relax. I love how she looks in her Warden outfit.

I saw some people fooling around with their crows in Auridon. They look awesome!

Lildereth looks Adorable in it!

I really wish we could put some of those out in our houses!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2017, 05:42 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 28 2017, 03:08 PM) *

Lol, why does the Kwama Warrior doll look like a bear?

Brenna made a new friend!

Oh, I love that! (and yeah, it did look like a cute bear, not a scary stuffed toy like it described, lol).

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 06:05 PM) *

Woot! Mirocu made it into ESO! IPB Image

He did? HE DID?????

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!

When? Where? How do you know? I didn't see anything about it !!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Acadian
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2017, 06:04 PM) *
... Do they have items that cheap? How do you see what you can redeem with the gems? I have 17 gems! ...
Open any of your menu info windows, like character or inventory. Up at the top left select Crown Store. Then Crown Crates. Then peruse the various rewards. The various categories of rewards are grouped by price. The 'Superior Rewards' item are all 16 gems and that is where you can find (and preview) that cute little Bosmer outfit. That is also where you can get the crow and other things. smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 09:17 PM) *
the crow

Best 16 gems Khajiit ever spent! Of course, it's the only gems he's spent. laugh.gif

Khajiit kind of wishes they would sell crown gems in addition to the crowns themselves.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2017, 10:24 PM) *

the crow

Best 16 gems Khajiit ever spent! Of course, it's the only gems he's spent. laugh.gif

Khajiit kind of wishes they would sell crown gems in addition to the crowns themselves.

They kind of do, it is called "Crown Crates that are filled with useless junk that you can turn into gems."

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2017, 09:59 PM) *

the crow

They kind of do, it is called "Crown Crates that are filled with useless junk that you can turn into gems."

Lol, yes Khajiit is well aware that you can trade the junk for gems, but have you seen the exchange rate? It's laughably ridiculous. It would take you a long while (or a ton of money spent on crowns) to save up a decent amount of gems.
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2017, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2017, 06:04 PM) *
... Do they have items that cheap? How do you see what you can redeem with the gems? I have 17 gems! ...
Open any of your menu info windows, like character or inventory. Up at the top left select Crown Store. Then Crown Crates. Then peruse the various rewards. The various categories of rewards are grouped by price. The 'Superior Rewards' item are all 16 gems and that is where you can find (and preview) that cute little Bosmer outfit. That is also where you can get the crow and other things. smile.gif

Oh, thank you so much for this! I would have never found that, I kept looking in the Crown Crate section!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2017, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2017, 09:59 PM) *

the crow

Lol, yes Khajiit is well aware that you can trade the junk for gems, but have you seen the exchange rate? It's laughably ridiculous. It would take you a long while (or a ton of money spent on crowns) to save up a decent amount of gems.

Agreed. I have gotten two sets of free crates - this one and the one a few months back when the Dwarven crates came out - and with all the potions (etc) that I didn't want and duplicates of hats, (etc) - still only have 17 gems.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2017, 10:07 PM) *

Agreed. I have gotten two sets of free crates - this one and the one a few months back when the Dwarven crates came out - and with all the potions (etc) that I didn't want and duplicates of hats, (etc) - still only have 17 gems.

Khajiit has spent some of his ESO+ crowns on crates and has managed to save up 113 gems (97 now after buying Brenna's crow/raven for 16 gems). The mounts are like 400 gems. Can you imagine how many crates you'd have to buy to get enough for one of those?!

Perhaps the best solution is to eliminate gems altogether and simply change it to crowns. That way you aren't forced to buy crates simply for the gems to in turn buy the cool special mounts (Khajiit really wants an undead horse!). This is counterintuitive to what ZOS is wanting though, so Khajiit realizes that this isn't going to happen. Simply improving the drop rates for the big rewards would be a great solution as well.
monkeyemoness
Tonight: a Senche Khajiit with a basket of crafting materials in his mouth zooms by as Butterfly by Smile.dk is somehow blaring along with him as if coming from nonexistent car speakers.

I should be in bed.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 28 2017, 10:52 PM) *

Tonight: a Senche Khajiit with a basket of crafting materials in his mouth zooms by as Butterfly by Smile.dk is somehow blaring along with him as if coming from nonexistent car speakers.

I should be in bed.

So they were blasting this through their mic?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.