Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
TheCheshireKhajiit
@ Grits and Acadian:
This one and Mira sent you both messages, a friend request to Jerric, and Buffy's friend request was accepted. Let Khajiit know if you got them please!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 11 2016, 11:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 11 2016, 10:49 PM) *

Yes, we could get together and get one guild house to meet up at and hang out if we wanted to!

Ooh what would our guild name be?

The Chorrolites? BWAAHAA!

The truth is, anyone can start a non-trading guild. Ten members nets you a guild bank account with 500 inventory slots the members can share; but there has to be an understood rule that you only place items/gold in there that you are sharing with your guild members that may need it.

hazmick
Hearing about everyone on Chorrol playing together is making it really difficult to justify not playing on PC tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 12 2016, 09:06 AM) *

Hearing about everyone on Chorrol playing together is making it really difficult to justify not playing on PC tongue.gif

Misa wants to meet Haa-Rei !!!!!!

haute ecole rider
It would be so neat if we could have a Chorrol guild in ESO!

Haa Rei and Cirinwe would be great to meet in the Pact. Alise would like to meet Jerric, too.

She is closing in on Level 20 and working on her dual wield skills in her second bar. I'm proud of her progress. Oh, and she got certified in all the crafts, so she can work on crafting writs in her down time. She is also busy researching items that all three characters collect.

Yesterday Mazul and I spent some time adventuring in Wrothgar and Rivenspire with our new buddies Bear and Gray. In the process Mazul leveled up to 48, so getting close to Champion levels! She is likely to be the first to do so. And Julian worked through a side quest in Bangkorai to push her envelope a bit. We've all decided that our Covenant ladies' focus on stamina at the cost of health is beginning to punish us at the upper levels. Mazul's new armor is really helping her, so she is anxious to duplicate the combination in medium armor for Julian.

I really like our new ESO friends. Gray is considerate and kind, and I learned that she is a grandmother of 7 and a baker (Julian would really love her). It shows in the way she'll stop and turn around to make sure we are all staying together (kind of like a kindergarten teacher . . .) while we are running through the countryside looking for the next boss or the next quest. Yesterday we focused on helping her work her way through Rivenspire, and Mazul had to remember how a lot of them went (it was too long ago for Julian to remember). Mazul had cleared the entire southern half before taking off to Wrothgar on vacation, or so we thought. But in going through a previously visited area, Mazul looked at something and found herself with a new quest. Fortunately, it takes her to the part of the map she hasn't yet explored (Northpoint), so she's cool with that. But I don't think Julian got that one!

Bear has a fondness for one-liners and puns that cracked me up more than once! We joke back and forth on the text chat. I found out that he was in the Navy (hull tech, he said), worked as a short-order cook though that was so long ago he only remembers how to cook water, and used to provide IT support. He is supposed to be retired but no one believes it - in fact, he got a phone call while we were gaming from someone with PC problems! blink.gif tongue.gif

Anyway, we were idly chatting about Crypt of Hearts while looking at its towers through the fog. Bear said it takes at least 4 to do that dungeon on Normal. Veteran levels are really difficult. I mentioned that both Julian and Mazul are Undaunted, but we haven't done any pledges yet because we're not part of a regular group. Bear said Spindleclutch is a 3-person dungeon on Normal levels, so we could do that one. But we'd need four for Crypt of Hearts.

After hearing about it so much from others on this forum, I am really curious about its interior. The exterior is scary enough that I don't want to try it alone! Maybe one of my ESO friends from here would like to join with us and give it a go? One Sunday, perhaps (it's the one day of the week I can count on getting off).
Acadian
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 12 2016, 12:45 AM) *

@ Grits and Acadian:
This one and Mira sent you both messages, a friend request to Jerric, and Buffy's friend request was accepted. Let Khajiit know if you got them please!

Buffy has sent some goodies to both Jerric (Grits) and Mira (Khajiit) and recieved nice messages of thanks back. Also both of you are now in her list of friends. Welcome to PC NA both of you! biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 12 2016, 08:21 PM) *

Buffy has sent some goodies to both Jerric (Grits) and Mira (Khajiit) and recieved nice messages of thanks back. Also both of you are now in her list of friends. Welcome to PC NA both of you! biggrin.gif

Yaaay!!
Grits
Whee, thank you, Acadian! biggrin.gif

The mail system gives me fits. With no message saying "message sent" I think I messed up, plus sometimes (like tonight!) my game quits on me and I don't know if it went or just disappeared. I'll get used to it.

hazmick, it's impossible to justify not playing on PC! laugh.gif

Hautee, Sundays are unpredictable for me and Jerric is like level 9, but he'll happily come along if you think he'll help. He is always up for an adventure. I've rigged another fan so I get more time now. I just have to remember to turn them all on. I'd pick me last, though. But at least we'd get to see inside the doorway! laugh.gif
haute ecole rider
Today was Julian's turn to adventure in company. She started the day (late afternoon, as the server was down all morning and then I had to take Mom to the dr. an hour's drive away this afternoon) with a new set of armor from our friend Bear's crafter. It's similar to Maz's in that it's Hunding's Rage and Song of Lamae, but the jewelry made her smile - Seventh Legion. If only it were the Sixth! Still, she assures me the Seventh was a good team, too.

Anyway, the new weapons (sword and dagger) only pushed her to finally make the switch from sword and board to dual wield. After Alise's experiences with this combo, Julian is all too anxious to try it with her NB build. And it works very well for her! She took on Fallen Grotto, a side quest in Bangkorai that involves dealing with different aspects of Hircine. She (and I) liked this quest a great deal, and I found it more satisfying than the Hircine quest in Skyrim. Here we see Hircine more as a Native American Great Spirit/Wiccan Horned God type of deity than the patron of werewolves we see in Skyrim. As someone who is not interested in the werewolf quest line, but interested in the old pagan traditions of different cultures, I really appreciated that this shows Hiricine as more than a patron of lycanthropy, and more a part of the cycle of life, which does include the hunter and prey.

Bear and Gray were there to give her support via group chat even though they couldn't be present with her, as they were not doing the quest. Still, they were able to help her figure out how to use her new abilities to their fullest, and she discovered that she could handle two bears at the same time. Maybe they are underpowered in ESO, but they certainly didn't seem that way to Julian!

We also went into Spindleclutch. Boy, were we happy to have those two along. I think we died three or four times fighting these bosses (five!). It wasn't easy with just the three of us. Now I want to do Crypt of Hearts, but only with four members in the group! There is no rush on this, Grits, if you want to join us I know Jerric would fit in well! Bear plays great tanks - I can't believe how much damage he can take. Gray's Provisioning Master is no minor player, either.

Anyway, Julian leveled up TWICE today. She is very happy!

Grits, I was also having trouble with the email the other night. I think it's related to the recent patch and part of the reason why they took it down this morning for more fixings.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 13 2016, 11:52 PM) *

Today was Julian's turn to adventure in company. She started the day (late afternoon, as the server was down all morning and then I had to take Mom to the dr. an hour's drive away this afternoon) with a new set of armor from our friend Bear's crafter. It's similar to Maz's in that it's Hunding's Rage and Song of Lamae, but the jewelry made her smile - Seventh Legion. If only it were the Sixth! Still, she assures me the Seventh was a good team, too.

Anyway, the new weapons (sword and dagger) only pushed her to finally make the switch from sword and board to dual wield. After Alise's experiences with this combo, Julian is all too anxious to try it with her NB build. And it works very well for her! She took on Fallen Grotto, a side quest in Bangkorai that involves dealing with different aspects of Hircine. She (and I) liked this quest a great deal, and I found it more satisfying than the Hircine quest in Skyrim. Here we see Hircine more as a Native American Great Spirit/Wiccan Horned God type of deity than the patron of werewolves we see in Skyrim. As someone who is not interested in the werewolf quest line, but interested in the old pagan traditions of different cultures, I really appreciated that this shows Hiricine as more than a patron of lycanthropy, and more a part of the cycle of life, which does include the hunter and prey.

Bear and Gray were there to give her support via group chat even though they couldn't be present with her, as they were not doing the quest. Still, they were able to help her figure out how to use her new abilities to their fullest, and she discovered that she could handle two bears at the same time. Maybe they are underpowered in ESO, but they certainly didn't seem that way to Julian!

We also went into Spindleclutch. Boy, were we happy to have those two along. I think we died three or four times fighting these bosses (five!). It wasn't easy with just the three of us. Now I want to do Crypt of Hearts, but only with four members in the group! There is no rush on this, Grits, if you want to join us I know Jerric would fit in well! Bear plays great tanks - I can't believe how much damage he can take. Gray's Provisioning Master is no minor player, either.

Grits, I was also having trouble with the email the other night. I think it's related to the recent patch and part of the reason why they took it down this morning for more fixings.
Sounds like good times! Khajiit is a big Hircine fan for the reasons you pointed out, not so much the werewolf stuff. This one has always associated Hircine with Herne the Hunter and Cernunnos.
Acadian
Rider, I'm so glad Julian has found some friends to party quest with! Your pals sound great - and very helpful. goodjob.gif

Buffy's first exposure to Hircine was in Oblivion. Kill a unicorn? Not then. Not now. Not ever.
She next met him in Skyrim. Kill a ww that tore apart a child? You betcha!
She's not yet met him in ESO.
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 14 2016, 12:52 AM) *

Wait, does this mean Julian is a werewolf now?

Interestingly enough - since they represented Hircine this way; there was a segment of the Native American culture that believed in shape shifting; believed they were able to become not just wolves, but birds, bear, etc.

haute ecole rider
No, Julian would NEVER be a werewolf!

No, what I liked about the Fallen Grotto (not to be mistaken for the Undaunted Fungal Grotto) is that there were no mention of werewolves at all - only the Wyrd Sisters trying to reclaim their sacred grove back from the corruption of the Reachmen. And the emphasis was more on the nature of the hunt rather than on the cool factor that seems to be associated with lycanthropy.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Mira is now a certified blacksmith! After getting certified, she made 2 greatswords, 2 pairs of iron boots (sabatons), and 2 pairs of iron gauntlets. Hope some lucky soldiers of the Pact enjoy their shiny new imperial gear! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 14 2016, 12:07 PM) *

Mira is now a certified blacksmith! After getting certified, she made 2 greatswords, 2 pairs of iron boots (sabatons), and 2 pairs of iron gauntlets. Hope some lucky soldiers of the Pact enjoy their shiny new imperial gear! laugh.gif

Congrats to Mira! Doing Writs is a great way to gain skill levels in the crafting disciplines! (not to mention a great help to the war effort in Cyrodiil)

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 14 2016, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 14 2016, 12:07 PM) *

Congrats to Mira! Doing Writs is a great way to gain skill levels in the crafting disciplines! (not to mention a great help to the war effort in Cyrodiil)

Lol, yep! She laughed at the Woodelf's puny test! A dagger? Pfft! She's made a sword, leg armor, a helmet, and pauldrons way before learning about getting certified!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Today Mira received a couple of motif books, a Nord book from Jerric and a Bosmer book from Buffy! She then promptly used them to fulfill her second blacksmithing writ by making 3 Bosmeri swords, 2 Nordish cuirasses, and a set of imperial greaves.
Grits
Yay! smile.gif

Jerric has been enjoying the New Life Festival. He would very much like to get together with his friends and do some of the party events. Particularly the Nord one. tongue.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 15 2016, 07:24 PM) *

Yay! smile.gif

Jerric has been enjoying the New Life Festival. He would very much like to get together with his friends and do some of the party events. Particularly the Nord one. tongue.gif

Mira was going to head that way but she got sidetracked by joining the Fighter's Guild and investigating the Daedric Anchors.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 15 2016, 08:24 PM) *

Yay! smile.gif

This thing is a blast! Other than trying to fish with 100 other people in one spot, they have all been too easy/just plain fun!

Misa's favorite was the dancing too; but LOVED throwing mudballs! Also loved belching in other player's faces!

Acadian
I love how we seem to be helping each other. happy.gif

Buffy is also enjoying the Festival - since she doesn't have to dress up like a black bag full of bones like the last one. Lol. She did a couple of the quests - her goal is a Nordic Bather's Towel costume but no luck yet. For Buffy's third quest, dear Misa (mALX's highest character) was kind enough to give Buffy a lift to a wayshrine in Stormhaven. If you have a friend who is on line, you can travel to them and appear at the wayshrine that is closest to them - even if you've never been there. Misa simply wayshrined to the right place, had Buffy join her, then wayshrined right back to what she was doing. Very handy for getting to unknown areas easily.

I'm certainly happy to help folks get to places Buffy has been. Just whisper in game and we'll see if she knows a useful wayshrine.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit needs to start paying attention to his friends list to see if any of you folks are on!
Grits
Thanks for the help and kind offers, folks! Jerric has now been to all of the party sites on PC, so even he can give Wayshrine rides if we're on. He got so lost and distracted in Shadowfen, it was awesome.

Jerric was given the Colovian filigreed hood for his last festival quest tonight. After partying on the ice-beaches with some fellow Nords, he decided that the Nordic bath towels look much better on the ladies. He does not have a bath towel. Next time he strips down for an ice swim, he might just wear that hood!

Achievement hounds, there are two quests that have a timed achievement associated with them. I am not sure how quest sharing works with these, but if you get one and I am on I will gladly help out.
TheCheshireKhajiit
That does it! The next time Khajiit is on, Mira is starting the Festival quests!
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 15 2016, 10:28 PM) *

I love how we seem to be helping each other. happy.gif

Buffy is also enjoying the Festival - since she doesn't have to dress up like a black bag full of bones like the last one. Lol. She did a couple of the quests - her goal is a Nordic Bather's Towel costume but no luck yet. For Buffy's third quest, dear Misa (mALX's highest character) was kind enough to give Buffy a lift to a wayshrine in Stormhaven. If you have a friend who is on line, you can travel to them and appear at the wayshrine that is closest to them - even if you've never been there. Misa simply wayshrined to the right place, had Buffy join her, then wayshrined right back to what she was doing. Very handy for getting to unknown areas easily.

I'm certainly happy to help folks get to places Buffy has been. Just whisper in game and we'll see if she knows a useful wayshrine.

I got the towel dress!!!! WOO HOO !!!!! Also got a very pretty hat and a pouch for carrying mudballs, but haven't figured out how it works. 5 of my characters have the Skinweaver Mace motif; 3 have the axe. I also got one each of sword, belt, chest, and I think dagger. Plus - got at least 5 recipes.

The mud flinging is my favorite, I think. I love it! Even Puffy (Misa's horse) got pelted by some players in Skywatch! What a blast !!!

Calia is doing it now (in the towel outfit). (Misa and Bubba both finished all the quests).

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 15 2016, 11:22 PM) *

Thanks for the help and kind offers, folks! Jerric has now been to all of the party sites on PC, so even he can give Wayshrine rides if we're on. He got so lost and distracted in Shadowfen, it was awesome.

Jerric was given the Colovian filigreed hood for his last festival quest tonight. After partying on the ice-beaches with some fellow Nords, he decided that the Nordic bath towels look much better on the ladies. He does not have a bath towel. Next time he strips down for an ice swim, he might just wear that hood!

Achievement hounds, there are two quests that have a timed achievement associated with them. I am not sure how quest sharing works with these, but if you get one and I am on I will gladly help out.

Yes, I can't see me being able to pick those three chest locks in 35 seconds; those NPC's keep blocking my characters from getting from one chest to the other.

On the 35 seconds to light those braziers - not sure how that can be done either; since the animation to light the braziers takes almost a full 15 seconds each. I even tried using the "Rapid Maneuvers" from the Alliance skill lines for running between braziers; still couldn't make it. And galloping on a horse didn't work either, for some reason.

I don't really care about any of the other characters getting it, but Misa - hate to see her miss an achievement. She is most def jumping into the water nude for that achievement. I made her jewelry that blocks frost by 3000+, lol.

hazmick
Haa-Rei and Cirinwe haven't done any festival quests yet, I'm downloading something big so I can't go on any games that require an internet connection for the next few days sad.gif

As soon as the download is done, we are going to get FESTIVE. santaclaus.gif
Acadian
So glad everyone is enjoying the Festival. I know that Misa can help folks get about anywhere, but it is nice to know that the broad shoulders of Jerric can also carry small elves to Festival sites!

No towel dress yet (Buffy's only Festival objective) but she's only done two of the quests. It took her three tries to do the lockpick one. She's very good at picking locks but ignored the admonishment about having to do it fast - since almost every TES quest falsely claims that it must be done RIGHT NOW. Lol. Then (I suspect due to so many players around) one of the chests failed to open after being picked. It was never a problem for her to quickly pick the locks though and the third time got it.
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 16 2016, 08:16 AM) *

So glad everyone is enjoying the Festival. I know that Misa can help folks get about anywhere, but it is nice to know that the broad shoulders of Jerric can also carry small elves to Festival sites!

No towel dress yet (Buffy's only Festival objective) but she's only done two of the quests. It took her three tries to do the lockpick one. She's very good at picking locks but ignored the admonishment about having to do it fast - since almost every TES quest falsely claims that it must be done RIGHT NOW. Lol. Then (I suspect due to so many players around) one of the chests failed to open after being picked. It was never a problem for her to quickly pick the locks though and the third time got it.

There was a gap in time from being picked to opening where you could grab the coin for me too; enough of one that someone would have to have the skill points in Ledgerdomain and force every lock in order to pass the 35 seconds goal. (I think, but could be wrong).

mALX

And yes, Misa is glad to escort anyone to these places if they aren't on your map! Calia had not been to many of them; I had to use my guild rosters to "Move to Player" - since everyone out there was doing the New Life, it brought me right where I needed to go every time, lol.

Grits
Jerric (PS4) made the Signal Fire Run under time and also made the Khajiit lady proud at the thieving-cat celebration. Woo!

For the run he teamed up with another guy. Jerric turned around to ask which way to go, and other guy had already run off in an undetermined direction. So Jerric took off as if shot from Slayer in what he hoped was the other way. It was. They didn't even need to share the quest, I guess because they both already had it. I was too excited to note their time. It was fast! biggrin.gif

I planned for him to team up with someone for the chest unlocking, but Jerric just went for it. He had auto-loot turned on, so once he opened a chest he didn't have to wait to click-loot it. He started at the hardest one because no matter how fast the easy ones go, if he blows the hard one he can't make the 35 seconds. So he simply started with the hard one. It went well. He was stoked and nailed the last two. I was amazed.

He's having a hell of a time getting his mud balls to work outside Skywatch. (The consumable ones that you can equip in a hotkey slot.) He can occasionally slap someone with one, but most of the time there's just a click sound and no mud ball gets consumed.

Mud balls are super fun!!
Acadian
Grats to Jerric! Shot from Slayer - biggrin.gif

Buffy's great at lockpicking but quite concerned about any quest involving foot speed. Even moving very fast, short elven legs don't cover ground too quickly. I asked on the official forum and, though I haven't tested it, they say you can abandon a festquest if you don't want to (or can't) do it.

Buffy loves the dancing one and has gotten it twice - easy and fun.

Now she's approaching the pier where she's supposed to apparently strip down and jump into the icy water. For the gazillionth time since she's had it, she's ever so greatful for the toe ring of resist frost that Jerric gifted to her.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Today Mira travelled to Windhelm by ship then by horse to participate in the New Life festival. The first quest took her right back to Stonefalls to dance in the various taverns at Davon's Watch and Ebonheart. While in Windhelm she found a dye station and painted her armor a pretty green, tan, and toupe color! Mira was a bit disappointed there wasn't a red color readily available. Guess she has to buckle down and get some achievements!
Acadian
Khajiit, I think you'll be pleased to hear that the dyes from achievements are assigned to your account, not just one character. So if you create additional characters, they will already know any colors that Mira has unlocked.

FYI, costumes can be dyed as well - but only if you have ESO+.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 16 2016, 02:54 PM) *

Khajiit, I think you'll be pleased to hear that the dyes from achievements are assigned to your account, not just one character. So if you create additional characters, they will already know any colors that Mira has unlocked.

Oh that is welcome news! Welcome news indeed!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 16 2016, 02:18 PM) *

Jerric (PS4) made the Signal Fire Run under time and also made the Khajiit lady proud at the thieving-cat celebration. Woo!

For the run he teamed up with another guy. Jerric turned around to ask which way to go, and other guy had already run off in an undetermined direction. So Jerric took off as if shot from Slayer in what he hoped was the other way. It was. They didn't even need to share the quest, I guess because they both already had it. I was too excited to note their time. It was fast! biggrin.gif

I planned for him to team up with someone for the chest unlocking, but Jerric just went for it. He had auto-loot turned on, so once he opened a chest he didn't have to wait to click-loot it. He started at the hardest one because no matter how fast the easy ones go, if he blows the hard one he can't make the 35 seconds. So he simply started with the hard one. It went well. He was stoked and nailed the last two. I was amazed.

He's having a hell of a time getting his mud balls to work outside Skywatch. (The consumable ones that you can equip in a hotkey slot.) He can occasionally slap someone with one, but most of the time there's just a click sound and no mud ball gets consumed.

Mud balls are super fun!!

All my characters passed the quests; just weren't able to get the extra achievement for it. But I did hear that grouping can net the achievement = have the group members stand at each of the signal fires, and when one lights the first one, the other three light the rest. Same with the chests, have one member open each of the chests at once? I don't know, but Misa has till January 4th to figure it out, laugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 16 2016, 03:54 PM) *

Are you sure the dyes are per account and not per character? Because Misa seems to have a heck of a lot more dye choices than Bubba. And some like the ones for the Fighters Guild completion - not sure how another character could access those if they haven't started the Fighters Guild yet, etc.

This may be another sign of them dummying up the game for the masses, urk. Wish they would stop doing that.

hazmick
In-game rewards are all account-based rather than character based. Anything you get for completing an achievement (dyes, outfits etc.) can be used by all characters, so Cirinwe has all the dyes that Haa-Rei has unlocked even though she hasn't done all the same quests.

Not so much dummying down, just saving someone with several characters from having to go through everything several times.
Acadian
Yes, I was surprised that when I created Buffy the templar, she instantly had access to every dye that her predecessor had unlocked. Having instant access to all the CP points earned by her predecessor was an equal surprise.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit thinks it is good that every character has access to dyes already unlocked because if one was truly role-playing, some characters wouldn't have access to dyes based on their choices and preferences. For example, a pure mage might have misgivings about joining the Fighter'a Guild and a warrior who distrusts magic would not join the Mage's Guild, but they will both have access to each other's colors. Honestly, it seems like an odd design choice to lock dye colors behind achievements in the first place.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 16 2016, 04:44 PM) *

In-game rewards are all account-based rather than character based. Anything you get for completing an achievement (dyes, outfits etc.) can be used by all characters, so Cirinwe has all the dyes that Haa-Rei has unlocked even though she hasn't done all the same quests.

Not so much dummying down, just saving someone with several characters from having to go through everything several times.

Oh, ok! That makes sense.

mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 16 2016, 03:12 PM) *

Grats to Jerric! Shot from Slayer - biggrin.gif

Buffy's great at lockpicking but quite concerned about any quest involving foot speed. Even moving very fast, short elven legs don't cover ground too quickly. I asked on the official forum and, though I haven't tested it, they say you can abandon a festquest if you don't want to (or can't) do it.

Buffy loves the dancing one and has gotten it twice - easy and fun.

Now she's approaching the pier where she's supposed to apparently strip down and jump into the icy water. For the gazillionth time since she's had it, she's ever so greatful for the toe ring of resist frost that Jerric gifted to her.

Yes, you can abandon anyone you choose. They are randomly offered; in fact last night they tried to make Calia do the fishing quest twice when she had not completed all of them.

On the speed quest - didn't Buffy go to Cyrodiil and complete the training quests? If she did, you should have a new skill line (click on "K" and look at your skills) called something like "Alliance War." Open that up, and the first one should be "Rapid Maneuvers." Not sure if you have to put the first point into it or if it automatically gives you the first one; but it is for fast escapes.

Another thing you can try is an "Escape" or "Speed" potiion - I'll send you one. It won't work as good as the Rapid Maneuvers, but is better than nothing.

Go to the first one closest to the quest giver (same side of street as questgiver). Brazier is up the ramp & on the landing of the skywalk. After lighting it, continue on that skywalk to the house just past the skywalk entry ramp you just climbed. The brazier is on that house's rooftop patio.

Next cross over to the opposite side of the street (still on the skywalk) and turn L after crossing. There should be a brazier to light on the landing there; and the next one is at the last house's rooftop patio (same as the house across the street's).

When you leave there, run back straight across the street from that rooftop patio to the questgiver.

I am pretty sure the timer starts when you light the first one and stops when you light the last one; not when you leave or return to the questgiver.

Acadian
Thanks, mALX! Buffy did get that speed quest today offered but said goodbye and kept trying till she got an orc one in Daggerfall territory. Since it is a starter island, she's going to grab the 3 skyshards while she's there. smile.gif

She's gotten 7 reward boxes so far but no Nordic towel costume yet.
Grits
mALX, yes, he did get those two speed achievements (on the PS4). You can do the signal run alone within the time limit, but I really think it takes a friend to help get it done under 35 seconds. It was actually more fun to team up, which is I'm sure why they made some things much easier with help.

Acadian, Jerric is sorry he missed the chance to see Buffy's toe ring in action. tongue.gif It's a shame that Superian can't help her out on the Alik'r racing quest. Jerric tried it mounted to see if that would help her, but as Buffy I'm sure discovered that's a no on those walkways. Although the locals had no problem with Nords thundering around up there!

I'm going to see if I can get some play time tonight. Things have been crazy here and I have to go retrieve children twice more before midnight, but if Magnus smiles Jerric will be out there doing some festival quests soon. Give him a mental holler if you want to join or would like some help! smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 16 2016, 07:17 PM) *

mALX, yes, he did get those two speed achievements (on the PS4). You can do the signal run alone within the time limit, but I really think it takes a friend to help get it done under 35 seconds. It was actually more fun to team up, which is I'm sure why they made some things much easier with help.

Acadian, Jerric is sorry he missed the chance to see Buffy's toe ring in action. tongue.gif It's a shame that Superian can't help her out on the Alik'r racing quest. Jerric tried it mounted to see if that would help her, but as Buffy I'm sure discovered that's a no on those walkways. Although the locals had no problem with Nords thundering around up there!

I'm going to see if I can get some play time tonight. Things have been crazy here and I have to go retrieve children twice more before midnight, but if Magnus smiles Jerric will be out there doing some festival quests soon. Give him a mental holler if you want to join or would like some help! smile.gif

Oh, lucky you! I am going to have to find someone to team up with Misa for it, I want her to have every achievement she can possibly get.

TheCheshireKhajiit
Lol, Mira got an achievement today! "Home trespasser"!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 16 2016, 08:41 PM) *

BWAAHAA!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 16 2016, 07:46 PM) *

BWAAHAA!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to come with a color on the dye station. kvleft.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 16 2016, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 16 2016, 07:46 PM) *

BWAAHAA!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to come with a color on the dye station. kvleft.gif

Here is a list of all the dyes you can get and what you need to do to get them:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dyes

TheCheshireKhajiit
Ooh ooh! There's a pretty red and a black color for doing the main quest!!

And another pretty red color for doing the Ebonheart Pact quests!!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 16 2016, 10:50 PM) *

I must have them both already, but haven't noticed them! I'll have to make something and dye it red to see what it looks like!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 16 2016, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 16 2016, 10:50 PM) *

I must have them both already, but haven't noticed them! I'll have to make something and dye it red to see what it looks like!

Please do, and post pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.