Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
haute ecole rider
Somehow Buffy the Spiritcatcher seems more sleek than Buffy the Small . . .

Woo! I bet Jerric is going to go looking for this one as soon as he sees that screenie!
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 23 2016, 09:05 PM) *

Grits - Congrats to Darnand! Your plans for Aninah sound great and my understanding is that a magplar can make a great healer.

An update on Buffy the Spiritcatcher. We considered making her a tiny Altmer for the racials but you cannot make an Altmer tiny! The shortest you can make them is taller than the tallest Bosmer! So she is a Bosmer and looks just as she has in ESO. Via the Adventuress Pack, we started her in Ebonheart Pact instead of the Aldmeri Dominion so we could see some new things. I'm very glad she has always kept the frost resist enchanted toe ring that dear Jerric gave her years ago!

Anyway, she's still in the first zone but nearing the end of things there, and is level 7. She has adapted to the new skills and style and quite likes it. Ironically, Buffy the magplar feels much more 'magey' than Buffy the stamsorc. And we're loving the looks of the light armor.

So. . . although still early, the initial take on Buffy's forray into being a magplar is quite fun and encouraging.

Oh, here's a screenshot.

Omg, I've never seen the light armor jerkin before, that is adorable! Popular or not, I still like Buffy with the first hair style. Oh, I am really glad you are enjoying playing a Templar! I wasn't able to do much with mine, finally deleted her. (same with my Sorc).

haute ecole rider
I have an update of my own regarding my two Covenant ladies.

Mazul finally reached Julian's level before entering Rivenspire. So far she is working her way through the Covenant quest line that Julian did much of in the past couple of weeks. Her reactions to the same dilemmas are different from Julian's - enough so that I am having a tremendous amount of fun playing her. Yet under her rough, grumpy exterior Mazul is as much a compassionate person as Julian - she just doesn't show it.

Anyway, Mazul leveled up from 31 to 34 today. She is seriously considering making new armor and weapons for both herself and Julian. She is currently parked in the Dead Wolf Inn in Shornhelm.

Julian herself leveled up to 33 today, and is hoping to reach 34 before we call it a night. If not tonight, we will try for it tomorrow. She is waiting for reinforcements outside Magdalena's Haunt near Hoarfrost Downs. She wants to clear this one from her map, but knows better than to take on such a powerful boss by herself.

I'm thinking that it would be fun to have both ladies traveling together, and leveling up together. That means Julian will have to cool her heels in Shornhelm for a while, as she has completed the Rivenspire Covenant quest line and is ready to move on to Sentinel. Oddly enough, after hearing about it for so long, she is not at all in a hurry to visit the land of her ancestors. I suppose she no longer is so curious about the Alik'r Desert dwellers.
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 23 2016, 11:20 PM) *

I have an update of my own regarding my two Covenant ladies.

Mazul finally reached Julian's level before entering Rivenspire. So far she is working her way through the Covenant quest line that Julian did much of in the past couple of weeks. Her reactions to the same dilemmas are different from Julian's - enough so that I am having a tremendous amount of fun playing her. Yet under her rough, grumpy exterior Mazul is as much a compassionate person as Julian - she just doesn't show it.

Anyway, Mazul leveled up from 31 to 34 today. She is seriously considering making new armor and weapons for both herself and Julian. She is currently parked in the Dead Wolf Inn in Shornhelm.

Julian herself leveled up to 33 today, and is hoping to reach 34 before we call it a night. If not tonight, we will try for it tomorrow. She is waiting for reinforcements outside Magdalena's Haunt near Hoarfrost Downs. She wants to clear this one from her map, but knows better than to take on such a powerful boss by herself.

I'm thinking that it would be fun to have both ladies traveling together, and leveling up together. That means Julian will have to cool her heels in Shornhelm for a while, as she has completed the Rivenspire Covenant quest line and is ready to move on to Sentinel. Oddly enough, after hearing about it for so long, she is not at all in a hurry to visit the land of her ancestors. I suppose she no longer is so curious about the Alik'r Desert dwellers.

That desert has some amazing atmosphere, they did an awesome job on making it feel like a place that is not easy to survive; but still has its own unique beauty.

Grits
Oh how awesome that Buffy's toe ring lets her bare her tummy in the snow! Jerric is a huge fan of that look on her. Buffy the Spiritcatcher looks quite capable with her staff. With that sleek hairstyle and hands-on-hips, she will get some "Yes, Ma'ams" from the Nords! Jerric has a Bleakrock Treasure Map in his pack, so now that he has seen snow-fox Buffy I expect he will be on a boat headed there by tonight with the excuse that he is treasure hunting. biggrin.gif

haute, I love that Julian and Mazul are such a team. The desert can be a shock after all the cool, rainy weather in High Rock. Darnand ventured there under duress and returned asap. He has not been back since. I hope that Julian likes it there, whenever she gets the urge to travel in that direction.

Jerric has been slaying bad guys in record numbers in Auridon. He's not sure about the politics, but anyone who attacks him when he walks past has to go. He found a lovely grotto in Del's Claim that's perfect for pranking. There's a gorgeous pool and pretty trees all around. Plus rumors of great treasure (boss chamber), so lots of folks come in to check it out. Jerric lies down under the water (Jewel of the Rumare ftw) in a strategic position wearing his skeleton guise until someone comes along to stalk the boss. After a few minutes of quiet he leaps up out of the water right in front of them. More often than not they attack him, lol. Then he has to start a dance party so they can all relax and fight the boss when he shows up. biggrin.gif
Acadian
rollinglaugh.gif

Jerric is being so very . . . well, Jerric! biggrin.gif wub.gif
SubRosa
That is hilarious! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 24 2016, 05:34 PM) *

*snip*
Jerric lies down under the water (Jewel of the Rumare ftw) in a strategic position wearing his skeleton guise until someone comes along to stalk the boss. After a few minutes of quiet he leaps up out of the water right in front of them. More often than not they attack him, lol. Then he has to start a dance party so they can all relax and fight the boss when he shows up. biggrin.gif

BWAAHAA!

haute ecole rider
Grits, that is hilarious! I've had a few players swat at me, too. I just stand there and act stupid. It's not hard to do in this game. Though I might just have my character /emote at them next time, once I figure out what emote to use! Too bad there isn't a "up yours" one in the list . . .
Grits
There's a Rude Gesture emote, and if that fails you can throw a bucket of water on them. Jerric keeps the bucket handy on his quickwheel for camels. When he sees someone on their camel mount, he walks by real slow in case they decide to spit on him. If they do, BUCKET!! laugh.gif This guy will go out of his way to find even a tiny bit of trouble.

Big surprise yesterday, dueling is fun! Most of my folks have auto-decline turned on, but Stays-Up-Late didn't get to it. He was filling soul gems two steps outside the Davon's Watch walls yesterday when he made the mistake of pausing to check his inventory in a dueling hotspot. Someone challenged him. He thought it would be rude to decline. This kid has a crafter's build, so one skill point only in each line, no morphs, and no passives except for the Argonian ones. Much to my surprise, he won! It was very exciting. NPCs just don't have all the tricks that players do.
mALX

I have been stunned by how awesome the dueling is to watch! I could never fight well enough to do it, these fighters are amazing!

Acadian
I know what you mean, mALX. Someone asked Buffy to duel yesterday. She declined and wanted to say, "Just because I'm blond doesn't mean I'm stupid!"
haute ecole rider
I'm with mALX - I just can't fight that well!

I also have auto-decline for both Julian and Mazul - Julian just because she isn't confident in that kind of knock-down drag-out kind of battle, and Mazul because she considers it a waste of time and energy. wink.gif

I got back online with Julian yesterday and a little bit more this afternoon between errands. She's now level 35 and is properly awed by Sentinel. After dreaming about seeing this Redguard capital for so long, she is absolutely blown away. Stros M'Kai was cool, but Sentinel . . . blink.gif

Her first glimpse of the Alik'r Desert beyond Sentinel's walls was equally blink.gif blink.gif

We both love the sun, the sandstorms (as long as we are within Sentinel's walls, that is), and Julian is seriously considering dropping some hard-earned Crowns on a camel. I'm not sure that a camel would be an appropriate investment, as it does not carry much more than Blanco, though I would rent a camel for the desert outings and leave Blanco in the stables just below the palace. Unfortunately such an option is not available in game!

Julian is arguing that the camel could stay in Sentinel and be available to Mazul. I reminded her that Mazul doesn't ride, and that Paint has been loafing the entire time Mazul's been using him. Julian came back with the reminder that I am considering starting other characters in other alliances, and the camel could be useful elsewhere (though not Skyrim, we're sure!). I seem to recall Buffy in a desert somewhere in the Dominion? So maybe such an animal would be a worthwhile investment. But I want one that doesn't spit! It's bad enough that both cats (Mazul's Spangles and Julian's Bezo) are suitably feline in their temperaments! Then again, a cranky, crabby camel would be nothing new . . .

And I finally purchased the Shadows of the Hist DLC. So far neither lady wants to explore the far side of Tamriel, but when I start characters in Ebonheart, I want that option for them. Who knows? I might finally dive into the whole Argonian/Khajiit mindset.

And speaking of Argonians and Khajiiti, I absolutely, positively love, love, love the way they are done in ESO. The best characterizations, and the most interesting characters so far! Julian met a very charming Khajiit smuggler ("I deal in legitimate goods, but I had no idea that such innocuous items are banned in the Alik'r!") and couldn't resist helping the beautiful cat lady. It didn't help that she reminded me so much of my second cat who passed away so many years ago and still occupies a gigantic chunk of my heart.

@Grits: I checked out the Rude Gesture emote, and it wasn't quite rude enough for me. But there is a /playdead one that might be absolutely outrageous in the right circumstances! If only I could add that to my Quickslot . . . laugh.gif
hazmick
Nobody has even asked Haa-Rei or Cirinwe to duel yet. We enjoy watching duels while we wait for world bosses to spawn - especially with those lengthy respawn times in Craglorn.

Also, how cool is that werewolf lord polymorph! The Argonian version looks really awesome, but Haa-Rei can already turn into a proper werewolf, so he won't spend any crowns on a costume laugh.gif
haute ecole rider
Yes, that werewolf lord polymorph is cool!

But neither Julian nor Mazul are interested in that kind of stuff, so I guess I'm passing at this point.

Had a short shift at work today, so spent time with both Julian and Mazul. Julian crafted some glyphs for Mazul's new equipment. Mazul crafted some new stuff for Julian. She tried the Hollowjack motif for Julian, and I had to say Julian looks awesome in the Jack! She is getting a new sword, and staff too, as soon as she can craft some Moderate level glyphs for them. Right now she's only able to go up to Lesser, but she was able to craft some Absorb Health glyphs for Mazul, and I have to say that they did the trick for Mazul!

Both of them are loving the Absorb Health effects. And Mazul has all the Hollowjack motifs except the boots. She keeps picking up everything else, so Julian has been learning new chapters, too.

Julian just made Master Chef today. And she brought the camel. Named it (him? her? we haven't figured that out yet) Absinthe. Kind of appropriate, considering their spit can be the color of that drink . . . She still hasn't left Sentinel. Kind of prolonging the pleasure, if you ask me. And I don't mind. Both need to bring up their crafting skills so they can craft new gear between them.

And Mazul realized she hadn't cleared all the bosses in Glenumbra - there was still the Ebon Crypt. So we went back. While working her way through the Crypt, she got asked to group by a Level 12 player. As she was at Level 35, she agreed to go along just to see what it was like. It's hard to tell what the other player is like, as both of us are in the skelly mode from the Witches Brew, but I got the impression that this is a fairly young player. Said player told Mazul this is all new yet. Mazul for once wasn't a grump, but rather assured this youngster that we all start as newbies. Then Mazul kind of hung back and let the youngster lead the way. But when trying to sneak up on multiple enemies, Mazul would use her Fighter's Guild Shards of Light to distract them from a distance and keep them unaware of our Young One who was actually closer. The Young One actually did well, even with the boss in the crypt. I kept an eye on that blue bar and it didn't go down much at all. Then Young One leveled up while we were going at the Boss a third time, and Mazul gave congratulations when the fighting was over. Then the young one admitted that this was on big brother's PC and that the time to log off was approaching. I suggested we go over to the northern dolmen and see if we could get one more boss in before Young One had to call it a night. Young One was game, so we went over there and had a blast.

Then Mazul surprised me once again. After Young One signed off, Mazul sent a little note saying that this was her first time in a group (mine, too) and that she enjoyed the experience. She congratulated Young One on leveling up to 13, and wished Young One a good weekend. I guess she is learning some social skills from Julian, Buffy and mALX's gang. I rather suspect she will make an excellent sergeant in someone's Guard someday.
Acadian
I'm so glad you enjoyed your informal grouping, Rider! I can identify with exactly what you mean. A couple times Buffy has helped a younger player - letting them lead the way but trying to be a protective overwatch. A few days ago we had an amazing experience from the other side of things. Buffy went into a public group dungeon after a skyshard. Tight corridors and groups of 6 at a time high-level foes swarmed her - basically her worst nightmare. She did get killed and started over - a couple times. Then we got an invite to group from someone and quickly accepted it. Well, it turns out her groupmate was a CP561 templar who led Buffy straight to the skyshard as an overwatch - letting Buffy do plenty of killing but exploding all around her and healing her when it was needed. He then led her to the boss and did the same thing for her. That experience really left a lasting impression on us.

His parting words were 'Not wise to have bow on primary dps bar.' tongue.gif

Well, we took his words to heart with two changes.

1. Buffy the stamsorc now dual wields daggers (on her second bar) and can use whirlwind when cornered by a mob.

2. Created an additional Buffy as a magplar and I must admit that Grits was right - it is a glorious playstyle.

Anyway, I'm just so glad that Julian and Mazul are doing so well and have craftibits chores divided up to help each other. goodjob.gif

Edit: Oh I just noticed Julian's Stargazing pic in your siggie - beautifully wow!
hazmick
Heh, Cirinwe always gets people trying to help her. The thing is though that she doesn't need a knight in shining armour - she is one. She appreciates the thought though.

Haa-Rei often helps out people who look like they need it, but we don't like getting too involved. He'll just take a few enemies out and then the other player can deal with the rest or have some space to heal/retreat as needed.
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 27 2016, 04:53 PM) *

I'm with mALX - I just can't fight that well!

I also have auto-decline for both Julian and Mazul - Julian just because she isn't confident in that kind of knock-down drag-out kind of battle, and Mazul because she considers it a waste of time and energy. wink.gif

I got back online with Julian yesterday and a little bit more this afternoon between errands. She's now level 35 and is properly awed by Sentinel. After dreaming about seeing this Redguard capital for so long, she is absolutely blown away. Stros M'Kai was cool, but Sentinel . . . blink.gif

Her first glimpse of the Alik'r Desert beyond Sentinel's walls was equally blink.gif blink.gif

We both love the sun, the sandstorms (as long as we are within Sentinel's walls, that is), and Julian is seriously considering dropping some hard-earned Crowns on a camel. I'm not sure that a camel would be an appropriate investment, as it does not carry much more than Blanco, though I would rent a camel for the desert outings and leave Blanco in the stables just below the palace. Unfortunately such an option is not available in game!

Julian is arguing that the camel could stay in Sentinel and be available to Mazul. I reminded her that Mazul doesn't ride, and that Paint has been loafing the entire time Mazul's been using him. Julian came back with the reminder that I am considering starting other characters in other alliances, and the camel could be useful elsewhere (though not Skyrim, we're sure!). I seem to recall Buffy in a desert somewhere in the Dominion? So maybe such an animal would be a worthwhile investment. But I want one that doesn't spit! It's bad enough that both cats (Mazul's Spangles and Julian's Bezo) are suitably feline in their temperaments! Then again, a cranky, crabby camel would be nothing new . . .

And I finally purchased the Shadows of the Hist DLC. So far neither lady wants to explore the far side of Tamriel, but when I start characters in Ebonheart, I want that option for them. Who knows? I might finally dive into the whole Argonian/Khajiit mindset.

And speaking of Argonians and Khajiiti, I absolutely, positively love, love, love the way they are done in ESO. The best characterizations, and the most interesting characters so far! Julian met a very charming Khajiit smuggler ("I deal in legitimate goods, but I had no idea that such innocuous items are banned in the Alik'r!") and couldn't resist helping the beautiful cat lady. It didn't help that she reminded me so much of my second cat who passed away so many years ago and still occupies a gigantic chunk of my heart.

@Grits: I checked out the Rude Gesture emote, and it wasn't quite rude enough for me. But there is a /playdead one that might be absolutely outrageous in the right circumstances! If only I could add that to my Quickslot . . . laugh.gif

I was about to mention that the camel spitting had me rolling laughing when I saw it, that is one of the main reasons I would want one = to go around "spitting" on everyone!

That desert killed me, seeing all the dead horses and lost caravans, etc. But at the same time, I loved the atmosphere of the towns so much! The feel of the place is stupendous!!! They did an Awesome job on that whole area for immersion, that is for sure!

By the way, what is the "Shadows of the Hist" like? I thought it was just the addition of two new world boss/group event dungeons. Is there new territory with it? (I imagine Black Marsh by the title). Does it have quests? Skyshards?

QUOTE(hazmick @ Oct 28 2016, 06:28 PM) *

Nobody has even asked Haa-Rei or Cirinwe to duel yet. We enjoy watching duels while we wait for world bosses to spawn - especially with those lengthy respawn times in Craglorn.

Also, how cool is that werewolf lord polymorph! The Argonian version looks really awesome, but Haa-Rei can already turn into a proper werewolf, so he won't spend any crowns on a costume laugh.gif

I haven't seen that Werewolf Lord in game yet, only in the Crown Store!

QUOTE(hazmick @ Oct 28 2016, 06:28 PM) *

Misa was getting hounded to duel, even after I set it on "Auto Decline" she had people Whispering to ask her to duel. Did the Auto Decline not give them a clue she wasn't interested? laugh.gif

But it is really Awesome to watch the dueling, really impressive!

Grits
haute, did Mazul find her boots chapter? Congrats to the Master Chef, and congrats on the camel addition! My crew has not named their camel. They rent one when they're in the desert. Jerric refers to it as "Bullseye," but I'm not sure it's even the same camel. I'm pretty sure it would not answer even if it was! laugh.gif

Acadian, how fun to see Buffy grow and adapt to her world. I'm glad she has a solution for getting cornered. Tight corridors with enemies respawning under your feet means that even the best plans can't be relied upon.

Jerric's crew has been taking care of the usual business, but there is one thing to report. My Skyrim SE box came with a surprise inside, codes for the Dragon Warrior costume and the Gray Yokudan Charger!! Darnand finally has the horse of his ESO dreams. It has been raining in Daggerfall so I don't have a screenshot, but as soon as the sun comes up he will insist on a portrait. Darnand does not make a fuss about it, but he takes a lot of pride in his marvelous and pampered horse.

Also Jerric acquired a badger and gave it to Darnand as a pet. Anastasia/Belchy the kindlespit dragon frog needs to return to her native ooze for seasonal dragon frog activities, so Jerric conveyed her to the swamp and wished her good mating. Darnand has not named the badger yet. Jerric's suggestions of "Stripes" or "What Is That Smell" did not seem to stick.

Oh, and some time ago Lildereth had a falling out with Hassim the clouded senche leopard. She has lately been riding a dire wolf. Jerric suspects that it might be more than just a wolf. He is suspicious of were-creatures. Lildereth insists that really, it's just a big wolf.
SubRosa
Honey is a good name for a badger! biggrin.gif
haute ecole rider
I second Rosa's "Honey" suggestion for the badger! tongue.gif

Yes, Mazul got TWO boots chapter on Halloween! So she got the Happy Jack achievement! Unfortunately, she fell short of the Witches Festival achievement as she has not earned enough plunder skulls. That's okay, it was fun while it lasted. Maybe next year . . .

Julian loves the Yokudan Grey! Every time she sees one she has to stop and watch him. But she's happy with Blanco and Absinthe. After traveling around the desert and visiting Bergama and Tava's Blessing, she is glad she was able to talk me into getting the camel. Horses just don't seem to do as well in this environment, and she would have been heartbroken had she lost Blanco out there.

Julian is starting to make serious noises about retiring once she saves the Daggerfall Covenant. She is so in love with the Alik'r Desert she doesn't want to leave. She doesn't mind the giant snakes and the dunerippers. Not when there are adorable little lizards (they look like fat iguanas) running around. We are in negotiations at this point.

Mazul still wants to keep exploring, if only to learn new forging techniques. In fact, she was more blown away by the Earth's Forge (part of the MQ) than Julian was. Though she didn't do any forging (she was relegated to the role of bellows apprentice for this), she loved being so close to such a magical place. And she is excited to learn that the special forges scattered around the Covenant means she can recreate the armor that Misa of Ebonheart made for both Julian and herself. In fact, she is considering returning the favor . . .
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 1 2016, 07:09 PM) *

Honey is a good name for a badger! biggrin.gif

That is a good name! And it suits them, those badgers are so sweet and cute in the game!

Grits
I'd link to the video about Honey (the) Badger, but I'm sure I'd violate some forum profanity rule! laugh.gif

haute, I'm interested to see where Julian retires with all of Tamriel to choose from!
Acadian
Grits - Thanks for the update. New set of hoofs and a Honey badger for Darnand! A wolf mount suits Lil well.

Rider – I can identify with Julian – retiring in the desert worked well for me. I presume she would keep her restaurant and alchemy shoppes open to resupply young’uns? Your siggie screens are fabulous. Julian looks right at home in the desert with that adorable lizard and Mazul looks to be in forge heaven!
Grits
Today Jerric discovered Text Chat, and the PS4 NA server may never be the same. I have used it before but always distracted the Nord with a drink or something before I got into player business. Well.

A Wrothgar daily assignment took him to a World Boss that he has tried twice but never managed to complete. No one else was there. He climbed up the rocks and shot off Finvir's Trinket to see if anyone was crouched nearby waiting for help. Nothing.

Hmm, I thought, better call for backup.

"WHAT?!" said Jerric.

Oh [censored], thought I.

"I HEARD THAT, TOO," said the Nord. (He does not have an indoor voice.)

So Jerric went on Text Chat to the Zone: "All alone at The Accursed Nursery."

Two folks replied, one with an incomprehensible name. By the time he got her halfway invited, she was right there jumping up and down in his face so he could use the quickwheel instead of typing the weird letters. His team of three began to slaughter the local miscreants while waiting for more to join them.

Soon the three were alone apart from the really bad guys, the other two expressing concern at their low numbers. So Jerric went on the Zone again: "Accursed Nursery, too pretty to die like this."

With two minutes an army had assembled. Jerric blew the Emote horn and they charged. It was awesome. biggrin.gif

Acadian
That sounds so very Jerric! Buffy's bane is the Skull&Xbones world bosses. When she finds one, she hangs around for a time. . . but if no one shows up, her butterfly totem wins and she moves on. She learned after T1 that soloing them is a bad idea.

That said, she will often pass by again and is often able to join others to clear boss. She honestly doesn't mind missing a few though.
haute ecole rider
That's what Julian and Mazul have done too! laugh.gif

The worst one was the mother spider on the way out of Stormhaven up into Rivenspire. Too powerful for three or five to kill, and no room to maneuver . . .

That was the only time Mazul got on the zone chat and called for help . . .
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 17 2016, 03:19 PM) *

Jerric blew the Emote horn and they charged. It was awesome. biggrin.gif

GAAAAAH, I'll have to learn that one!

Grits
They would have charged anyway of course, but it was one of those fun moments. smile.gif

With One Tamriel Jerric takes the skull and crossbones seriously. I guess they're called Group Bosses now? In this last fight right at the end everyone but Jerric and the guy directly behind him went down at the same time, and they only survived because Jerric happened to be casting a healing spell when the wave hit them. I've never seen so many people pop up as resurrected shades at the exact same instant, lol. He wasn't so lucky today against a titan called Zandadunoz the Reborn in Wrothgar. The entire group died multiple times, which resets the boss's health to 100%. ohmy.gif

ADDED: D'oh! I forgot to say, Jerric spent some outstanding time in Malabal Tor closing Dark Anchors for the Fighters Guild. He got from one to another by swimming the entire length of the Xylo River. Anyone want some crocodile skin boots? biggrin.gif
Acadian
Buffy found herself inadvertently running with a herd of about ten for a time the other day. There is a dolman and world boss very close together in Stonefalls. Well the informal group would close the dolman then, while waiting for it to respawn, jog over to the world boss (a giant troll) and take him down. Then back to the dolman, wash, rinse, repeat. It was a fun chance for Buffy to practice her up and coming healing abilities. She quite loves the ability to heal and buff up others. Oh, and she got quite a nice collection of magicka-supportive set rings and amulets for her efforts.

Last week we cleared a different dolman several times with a gang of about 15. One fellow got everyone there to join his group (apparently the xp goes up in you're in a group). One unexpected benefit was that someone had their banker out and someone else had their merchant summoned. And anyone in the group can use a groupie's banker/merchant! Close dolman, sell loot, wash, rinse, repeat. It was kind of fun for a few cycles.

She found a nice spot by the water today that was a fishing hole. She doesn't fish but, in true Buffy fashion, doffed her clothes to go swimming. She confessed that she sort of hoped that a naked elf would be the kind of bait that would attract Jerric to the same spot. . . . tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 18 2016, 09:46 PM) *

They would have charged anyway of course, but it was one of those fun moments. smile.gif

With One Tamriel Jerric takes the skull and crossbones seriously. I guess they're called Group Bosses now? In this last fight right at the end everyone but Jerric and the guy directly behind him went down at the same time, and they only survived because Jerric happened to be casting a healing spell when the wave hit them. I've never seen so many people pop up as resurrected shades at the exact same instant, lol. He wasn't so lucky today against a titan called Zandadunoz the Reborn in Wrothgar. The entire group died multiple times, which resets the boss's health to 100%. ohmy.gif

ADDED: D'oh! I forgot to say, Jerric spent some outstanding time in Malabal Tor closing Dark Anchors for the Fighters Guild. He got from one to another by swimming the entire length of the Xylo River. Anyone want some crocodile skin boots? biggrin.gif

Oh, I just did Zandadunoz the Reborn three days ago! I thought we were doing good and then suddenly he started doing some AOE thing that was killing us left and right. I resurrected and switched to bow, it was the only way to survive him for my character, :lol.

I recently got "Snipe," and it hits from quite a range. Combined with Reaper's Mark (which also has great range) it does quite a huge chunk of damage and Misa was able to stay clear of that creature and actually be of help taking him down.

Yes, the days of single-handedly taking down the skull and crossbones spots are over since One Tamriel. I wish they hadn't ruined that and just kept it the way it was where you could eventually grow into being able to take them on alone.

mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 18 2016, 10:48 PM) *

Buffy found herself inadvertently running with a herd of about ten for a time the other day. There is a dolman and world boss very close together in Stonefalls. Well the informal group would close the dolman then, while waiting for it to respawn, jog over to the world boss (a giant troll) and take him down. Then back to the dolman, wash, rinse, repeat. It was a fun chance for Buffy to practice her up and coming healing abilities. She quite loves the ability to heal and buff up others. Oh, and she got quite a nice collection of magicka-supportive set rings and amulets for her efforts.

Last week we cleared a different dolman several times with a gang of about 15. One fellow got everyone there to join his group (apparently the xp goes up in you're in a group). One unexpected benefit was that someone had their banker out and someone else had their merchant summoned. And anyone in the group can use a groupie's banker/merchant! Close dolman, sell loot, wash, rinse, repeat. It was kind of fun for a few cycles.

She found a nice spot by the water today that was a fishing hole. She doesn't fish but, in true Buffy fashion, doffed her clothes to go swimming. She confessed that she sort of hoped that a naked elf would be the kind of bait that would attract Jerric to the same spot. . . . tongue.gif

I love those bankers and merchants. I am thinking about getting them while everything is on sale this week.

hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 19 2016, 03:16 PM) *

Oh, I just did Zandadunoz the Reborn three days ago! I thought we were doing good and then suddenly he started doing some AOE thing that was killing us left and right. I resurrected and switched to bow, it was the only way to survive him for my character, :lol.

I recently got "Snipe," and it hits from quite a range. Combined with Reaper's Mark (which also has great range) it does quite a huge chunk of damage and Misa was able to stay clear of that creature and actually be of help taking him down.

Yes, the days of single-handedly taking down the skull and crossbones spots are over since One Tamriel. I wish they hadn't ruined that and just kept it the way it was where you could eventually grow into being able to take them on alone.

Urgh, Haa-Rei and I still haven't managed to take Zandadunoz down. We've done most other Orsinium bosses but you need a good group of players for that one - he hits so hard! Usually it's mobs we have to worry about rather than the actual boss.

There's a skull and crossbones thing in Covenant lands, which is actually three werewolf bosses that you have to fight simultaneously - I didn't manage to clear it until Haa-Rei was Veteran 16 and even then it was a close fight. World bosses just aren't meant for solo players for the most part.
Grits
Those bankers and merchants are great. It cracks me up when Jerric is standing around in some dangerous, foul pit about to engage in mayhem, and someone's banker makes a calm remark to him.

Snipe and Reapers Mark are on Lil's bar always. She got them both at pretty much the same time, and they changed everything for her.

Jerric is not a natural ranged fighter and his spells have only recently started to do more than tickle since he got Pelenil's Aptitude in five slots, so he tends to charge when he should hang back. It takes him a few mistakes to learn what those AOE attacks are going to do so he can "Stay out of the Stupid (red zones)," as they say. laugh.gif He has a sweet Ice Staff, but he needs to respec before he tries to use it. He just loves his Stamina too much to readily switch.

Lildereth has bundled up in Nordic furs and headed into Wrothgar to use up Clothing Surveys while the nodes are still yielding double. She has four pieces of Night Terror these days, and she's having some fun with it. She can sneak up behind a bear so close she trips over its dingleberries. tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 19 2016, 10:55 AM) *

Urgh, Haa-Rei and I still haven't managed to take Zandadunoz down. We've done most other Orsinium bosses but you need a good group of players for that one - he hits so hard! Usually it's mobs we have to worry about rather than the actual boss.

There's a skull and crossbones thing in Covenant lands, which is actually three werewolf bosses that you have to fight simultaneously - I didn't manage to clear it until Haa-Rei was Veteran 16 and even then it was a close fight. World bosses just aren't meant for solo players for the most part.

I remember the Werewolf Camp; and even before One Tamriel I couldn't solo it with Misa at CH 200+ - she came back with friends and cleared it right before the 1T update.

mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 19 2016, 11:09 AM) *

Those bankers and merchants are great. It cracks me up when Jerric is standing around in some dangerous, foul pit about to engage in mayhem, and someone's banker makes a calm remark to him.

Snipe and Reapers Mark are on Lil's bar always. She got them both at pretty much the same time, and they changed everything for her.

Jerric is not a natural ranged fighter and his spells have only recently started to do more than tickle since he got Pelenil's Aptitude in five slots, so he tends to charge when he should hang back. It takes him a few mistakes to learn what those AOE attacks are going to do so he can "Stay out of the Stupid (red zones)," as they say. laugh.gif He has a sweet Ice Staff, but he needs to respec before he tries to use it. He just loves his Stamina too much to readily switch.

Lildereth has bundled up in Nordic furs and headed into Wrothgar to use up Clothing Surveys while the nodes are still yielding double. She has four pieces of Night Terror these days, and she's having some fun with it. She can sneak up behind a bear so close she trips over its dingleberries. tongue.gif

That Night Terror sounded good! I haven't tried it yet, but plan to test it out.

A couple days ago I got a greatsword as a quest reward that says it does "Daedric Damage." This is NOT how the Prismatic enchantments read; they read, "Does X damage against Daedra and undead."

I can't find anything written anywhere about this enchantment, does anyone know about it?

Grits
hazmick, you must have been posting while I was leisurely typing mine, lol. I didn't see until now! If that's the werewolf camp right by a dolmen in Glenumbra, Darnand got a very big surprise there. It may have been his first world boss. blink.gif

mALX, one of my guys has a Daedric damage battleaxe, but since he's parked in Vulkhel Guard he only fights when that dark anchor drops. It's always such a mosh pit there I can't tell if there's any extra effect going off. I'd guess that Daedric damage is paired with some kind of (rare) resistance, but I have no idea what. I've never seen a "Resist Daedric Damage" glyph, unless I'm missing something really obvious. (Which is likely, lol.)

Jerric is stalking Stormhaven for another piece of Night Terror for Lil so she can see the 5 piece effect. He found her a bow that she loves, but it is not from one of her sets. She's also wearing Briarheart, which as far as we can tell has never done its trick. The Briarheart bow was hideous. It had a weird skull on it.

Darnand wants him to go back to Craglorn for more Martial Knowledge gear. Darnand is not a fan of Craglorn. He hates it when dust sticks to his sweat.

Lildereth loves Wrothgar. I'm scratching my head over that a little. She is not easy to predict.
hazmick
You'll know when Briarheart activates - you get some magic golden vines of light on your arms. If it's not activating then you might need to up your crit chance. Haa-Rei's Briar's activate whenever he uses Arrow Barrage since it hits so many times (at least one of them is bound to be a crit, right?) biggrin.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 19 2016, 07:38 PM) *

hazmick, you must have been posting while I was leisurely typing mine, lol. I didn't see until now! If that's the werewolf camp right by a dolmen in Glenumbra, Darnand got a very big surprise there. It may have been his first world boss. blink.gif

mALX, one of my guys has a Daedric damage battleaxe, but since he's parked in Vulkhel Guard he only fights when that dark anchor drops. It's always such a mosh pit there I can't tell if there's any extra effect going off. I'd guess that Daedric damage is paired with some kind of (rare) resistance, but I have no idea what. I've never seen a "Resist Daedric Damage" glyph, unless I'm missing something really obvious. (Which is likely, lol.)

Jerric is stalking Stormhaven for another piece of Night Terror for Lil so she can see the 5 piece effect. He found her a bow that she loves, but it is not from one of her sets. She's also wearing Briarheart, which as far as we can tell has never done its trick. The Briarheart bow was hideous. It had a weird skull on it.

Darnand wants him to go back to Craglorn for more Martial Knowledge gear. Darnand is not a fan of Craglorn. He hates it when dust sticks to his sweat.

Lildereth loves Wrothgar. I'm scratching my head over that a little. She is not easy to predict.

I have seen some of these set bows that I hated the style of, and wondered if you can right click on them and change them to Imperial? I have done that with other bows. So far of all the bows I've seen, Imperial is my favorite style.

Oh, and I got the new Bow Ultimate last night for the first time! Anyone tried it yet? My ultimate wasn't up to use it in the only battle I had since getting it. verysad.gif Would love to hear some first hand experience stories!

The Daedric Damage = I've got no way to test it without Foundry's to let me know whether it is just irresistible damage or what. But like you - haven't been able to find any counter glyphs (or glyphs to create this enchantment either, for that matter).

What I've decided to do was to get Bubba up to level 50; which will put him up over CH 160 so he can use that Daedric greatsword. (because Misa doesn't have a single skill point to spare).

Then I'll sink some of his 50 free skill points into two handed (and put him into the set with two handed bonuses that I got the other day) and test out the sword with him. It will be a while before I do that though; so if anyone learns anything between now and then, post it please! I will post whatever I learn.

Grits
Change the style to Imperial! That is a great idea!! That also solves the truly hideous greaves and boots that Lil made for Jerric. They have bones sticking out of the knees and weird, un-dyeable fur on the boots. Oops. (Maybe she's getting back at him for the series of huge horse-embellished belt buckles he made for her while she was leveling.)

Lil uses the bow Ultimate against group bosses when stealth is just not an option. It's nice that you can move while it's still shooting arrows, otherwise it would be a quick way to get killed. I'm not sure how effective it is compared to the other weapon Ultimates, but it makes her feel like a badass.

hazmick, thanks! Now I'm sure she's never gotten it, because golden vines would be hard to miss. We'll try some things differently tomorrow and see what happens.
Acadian
Yes, I can change things to the Imp style as well - and often do since overall, the Imp style is a nice-looking one.

Regarding the bow ultimate - it is a solid ability and can be quite helpful. I suppose it boils down to what other ultimates you have available and how they compare. While the bowsorc likes the bow ultimate, she prefers the storm atronach on one bar and suppression field (one of the dark magic sorc ult morphs) on the other.

If she gets swarmed and can maneuver, the atronach is the answer for her. If she gets swarmed without room to dance, she hits surge, hurricane, volley and suppression field all on top of herself and opens fire at point blank range. That keeps her pretty safe, heals her and puts out a ton of damage. If that one trick pony doesn't work, she's dead though. Lol.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 20 2016, 10:53 AM) *

Change the style to Imperial! That is a great idea!! That also solves the truly hideous greaves and boots that Lil made for Jerric. They have bones sticking out of the knees and weird, un-dyeable fur on the boots. Oops. (Maybe she's getting back at him for the series of huge horse-embellished belt buckles he made for her while she was leveling.)

Lil uses the bow Ultimate against group bosses when stealth is just not an option. It's nice that you can move while it's still shooting arrows, otherwise it would be a quick way to get killed. I'm not sure how effective it is compared to the other weapon Ultimates, but it makes her feel like a badass.

hazmick, thanks! Now I'm sure she's never gotten it, because golden vines would be hard to miss. We'll try some things differently tomorrow and see what happens.

Isn't Briarheart a 10% chance one? I was really concerned about using up 5 slots on a set that only gave me a 10% chance on the effect; so got rid of all my Briarheart stuff I picked up.

The bow ultimate = I was afraid of that being the case. From the amount of damage it SAYS it does, it seems like everything in 30 meters would be dead; but I know how that goes so thought I'd better ask, lol. Thanks for the info, Grits !!!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 20 2016, 11:05 AM) *

Yes, I can change things to the Imp style as well - and often do since overall, the Imp style is a nice-looking one.

Regarding the bow ultimate - it is a solid ability and can be quite helpful. I suppose it boils down to what other ultimates you have available and how they compare. While the bowsorc likes the bow ultimate, she prefers the storm atronach on one bar and suppression field (one of the dark magic sorc ult morphs) on the other.

If she gets swarmed and can maneuver, the atronach is the answer for her. If she gets swarmed without room to dance, she hits surge, hurricane, volley and suppression field all on top of herself and opens fire at point blank range. That keeps her pretty safe, heals her and puts out a ton of damage. If that one trick pony doesn't work, she's dead though. Lol.

A lot of these things like that ultimate = the description makes it sound so OP, but in game it isn't OP at all; so that is why I asked. Anyway, Misa is testing it out. I am logging a list of things I'm going to keep and what to get rid of on her; so I'll see on this ultimate, lol.

Thank you both for your info!

Acadian
I'd love to hear your impression of the bow ultimate after you use it awhile. I guess in the bowsorc's case, she feels she needs the distraction/safety the other ults provide more than just burst damage. An archer with better healing/defense might very well prefer the bow ultimate.
hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 20 2016, 05:13 PM) *

Isn't Briarheart a 10% chance one? I was really concerned about using up 5 slots on a set that only gave me a 10% chance on the effect; so got rid of all my Briarheart stuff I picked up.

Yep, 10% chance on crit. So it's a chance of a chance, but as I said with abilities like Arrow Barrage you're pretty much guaranteed to activate the briars.

As for the bow ult, Haa-Rei has it on his main bar. We have the Toxic Barrage morph, which does poison damage (and thus benefits from our champion point arrangement) so it works quite well, and can chop off a good portion of a boss's health (which is the only time we use ults).
mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 20 2016, 11:31 AM) *

I'd love to hear your impression of the bow ultimate after you use it awhile. I guess in the bowsorc's case, she feels she needs the distraction/safety the other ults provide more than just burst damage. An archer with better healing/defense might very well prefer the bow ultimate.

Well, I used it on an Alit that kept coming at Misa as it was being bombarded by the ultimate; but it did die on reaching Misa...just.

Maybe the upgrade will be better, I have done all my quest turn ins with the bow equipped to build it up quickly.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 20 2016, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 20 2016, 05:13 PM) *

Yep, 10% chance on crit. So it's a chance of a chance, but as I said with abilities like Arrow Barrage you're pretty much guaranteed to activate the briars.

As for the bow ult, Haa-Rei has it on his main bar. We have the Toxic Barrage morph, which does poison damage (and thus benefits from our champion point arrangement) so it works quite well, and can chop off a good portion of a boss's health (which is the only time we use ults).

I'm looking up this Arrow Barrage and Toxic Barrage! I hadn't heard of them yet!

Darkness Eternal
Currently installing ESO for the Xbox One.

Who has ESO for that platform?
mALX
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Nov 22 2016, 05:14 PM) *

Not me, I'm on the PC.

But WOO HOO !!!! Awesome that you will be playing !!!!

Grits
Yay DE! I'm on the PS4. Glad you're going to be playing!
hazmick
I think I'm the only other Xbox One player here. laugh.gif
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 22 2016, 11:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Nov 22 2016, 05:14 PM) *

Not me, I'm on the PC.

But WOO HOO !!!! Awesome that you will be playing !!!!

Bummer! Thanks! Finally! It's at 98%

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 23 2016, 12:44 AM) *

Yay DE! I'm on the PS4. Glad you're going to be playing!
I have the PS4 version but no PS4 lmao. Perhaps one day we can adventure together.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Nov 23 2016, 12:52 AM) *

I think I'm the only other Xbox One player here. laugh.gif
You know what that means! See you soon! And our Argonian hero too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.