Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
Acadian
Chorroliers.
haute ecole rider
Blue Oaks (for the sigil of Chorrol)
mALX

Khajiit, if you would like assistance getting through that area of Grahtwood for that quest, let me know. I couldn't do it last night because I was grouped with my Aussie friend getting achievements before they shut the game down for maintenance.

It was great to meet Mira!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 09:12 AM) *

Khajiit, if you would like assistance getting through that area of Grahtwood for that quest, let me know. I couldn't do it last night because I was grouped with my Aussie friend getting achievements before they shut the game down for maintenance.

Mira was happy to meet Misa too and appreciates Misa letting her leap frog to her location those two times. Very helpful indeed! We finished that quest just fine, only problem we had was a bunch spastic "NPCs" were killing the "encroaching critters" before we could wade in and start swinging so it took us a while to get credit for killing 5. We are about to go do some fishing in Black Marsh! Khajiit likes how some of these Holiday quests teach charitable themes. It was very surprising amongst the Altmer, lol.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2016, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 09:12 AM) *

Mira was happy to meet Misa too and appreciates Misa letting her leap frog to her location those two times. Very helpful indeed! We finished that quest just fine, only problem we had was a bunch spastic "NPCs" were killing the "encroaching critters" before we could wade in and start swinging so it took us a while to get credit for killing 5. We are about to go do some fishing in Black Marsh! Khajiit likes how some of these Holiday quests teach charitable themes. It was very surprising amongst the Altmer, lol.

Misa finished that fishing quest several days ago; but just got the achievement for it last night (5 of each type of fish).

She got the achievement for mud-throwing (had to throw a mudball at each ruling king or queen) Didn't mind doing King Emeric; (even though he promptly had her arrested) - or even the Skald King. But mudballing the Queen in Auridon - did not like doing her. She did not arrest Misa, either; which made me feel worse!

Also got the Achievements for lockpicking chests in Reapers March and lighting the braziers in the A'likr Desert (thanks to my friend Aussie helping!) Both of these were timed quests, so the achievement for them was just a shorter time.

She still needs the belching/burping achievement; which (if I'm not mistaken) requires she drink a certain beer after eating and drinking the quest meal and beverage. I got the recipe and made the beer, Misa was there and ready when the server went down for maintenance.

Oh, and she still needs to do that Eastmarch quest naked for that Nord achievement; she forgot to strip her armor off when she did the quest.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 10:59 AM) *

Misa finished that fishing quest several days ago; but just got the achievement for it last night (5 of each type of fish).

She got the achievement for mud-throwing (had to throw a mudball at each ruling king or queen) Didn't mind doing King Emeric; (even though he promptly had her arrested) - or even the Skald King. But mudballing the Queen in Auridon - did not like doing her. She did not arrest Misa, either; which made me feel worse!

Also got the Achievements for lockpicking chests in Reapers March and lighting the braziers in the A'likr Desert (thanks to my friend Aussie helping!)

What do you get for getting all the achievements?
Grits
You get the title "Magnanimous."

Congrats to Misa! Finding a wasp is my least favorite thing to do in this festival. Good hunting in Betnikh!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2016, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 10:59 AM) *

Also got the Achievements for lockpicking chests in Reapers March and lighting the braziers in the A'likr Desert (thanks to my friend Aussie helping!)

What do you get for getting all the achievements?

Another (but bigger) achievement, rollinglaugh.gif I'm a bit of an achievement hound - at least for Misa. She is my "main character," so I kind of want her to do it all, if you know what I mean.

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 19 2016, 12:10 PM) *

Ooh, I didn't even know about this!

Grits
Also, don't forget to use the napkin!

The first time Jerric partied in Betnik, no one knew what to do to belch on another player. So someone started saying "Good job everyone" in a speech bubble. That made everyone else say it because they thought that's what you had to do. It was pretty funny. There would be a lull after a few minutes, and then someone would start it up again. laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 19 2016, 12:14 PM) *

Also, don't forget to use the napkin!

The first time Jerric partied in Betnik, no one knew what to do to belch on another player. So someone started saying "Good job everyone" in a speech bubble. That made everyone else say it because they thought that's what you had to do. It was pretty funny. There would be a lull after a few minutes, and then someone would start it up again. laugh.gif

I could never find the first person whose face I was supposed to burp into, but found plenty of players to do it with; and got the quest finished but not the achievement. So I figured it was due to the beer thing. So I went on an ingredient gathering expedition and made up a bunch of that beer, lol.

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 19 2016, 12:10 PM) *

Congrats to Misa! Finding a wasp is my least favorite thing to do in this festival. Good hunting in Betnikh!

They sure don't respawn very fast, or very many of them either!

TheCheshireKhajiit
The New Life Celebrant achievement is Khajiit's!!
Grits
Congrats!

It appears that consuming the festival twice-spiked ale does indeed make you belch. Oh happy day! biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
This one never thought he'd say this but... Khajiit really digs the aesthetic of Black Marsh. They did an outstanding job with it and this one apologizes for all the negative things he said about the Argonians and their homeland.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2016, 01:28 PM) *

The New Life Celebrant achievement is Khajiit's!!

WOO HOO!!!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2016, 03:42 PM) *

This one never thought he'd say this but... Khajiit really digs the aesthetic of Black Marsh. They did an outstanding job with it and this one apologizes for all the negative things he said about the Argonians and their homeland.

I think they did an amazing job with the Argonian culture in this game; and think Betnikh was hugely steeped in Orc culture much better than Wrothgar, though the land in Wrothgar was amazingly done.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 02:49 PM) *

I think they did an amazing job with the Argonian culture in this game; and think Betnikh was hugely steeped in Orc culture much better than Wrothgar, though the land in Wrothgar was amazingly done.

Khajiit has yet to go to Wrothgar.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2016, 03:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 02:49 PM) *

Khajiit has yet to go to Wrothgar.

It is stunning!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 19 2016, 03:08 PM) *

It is stunning!

This one would imagine so given how well done the other regions are!

Do we eventually get to go to Vvardenfell or Solstheim in ES:O?
Acadian
Congrats to the new Festival girl, Mira!

For Buffy, the deep forests and jungles of Valenwood seem to lovingly wrap themselves around her and just feel like home. There is zero doubt she is a Bosmer. In fact, she makes her home/base in the Tall Tree of Elden Root. I think that is why she (like Khajiit) also liked Shadowfen so much - the swampy jungles of Black Marsh remind her of home.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 19 2016, 04:02 PM) *

Congrats to the new Festival girl, Mira!

For Buffy, the deep forests and jungles of Valenwood seem to lovingly wrap themselves around her and just feel like home. There is zero doubt she is a Bosmer. In fact, she makes her home/base in the Tall Tree of Elden Root. I think that is why she (like Khajiit) also liked Shadowfen so much - the swampy jungles of Black Marsh remind her of home.

It's kind of funny, but if this one had been the one to decide, he would've probably given the Khajiit the "Mesoamerican" inspired aesthetic and the Argonians the Southeast Asian looking one.
hazmick
Haa-Rei finished up in Stonefalls yesterday - the only thing we haven't done are some world bosses (they're so much trickier in One Tamriel!). Now onto Deshaan, which shouldn't take too long to get through.

Haa-Rei's levelling at a good rate. He'd be doing even better if I didn't keep forgetting about the New Life Festival exp buff tongue.gif

mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Dec 21 2016, 07:21 AM) *

Haa-Rei finished up in Stonefalls yesterday - the only thing we haven't done are some world bosses (they're so much trickier in One Tamriel!). Now onto Deshaan, which shouldn't take too long to get through.

Haa-Rei's levelling at a good rate. He'd be doing even better if I didn't keep forgetting about the New Life Festival exp buff tongue.gif

They sure are! Misa solo'd every one of them before One Tamriel; though she did have to build up strength to tackle them. But now they are taking down groups of 4 and taking forever to kill if you are able to = no more solo'ing them.

I just found out about that potion that helps your XP last night! Just out of curiosity I peeked at my "Current Effects" after drinking that potion and was stunned to see the 100% XP boost !!! So now all my play involving my crafter is beginning at that tent with a chug-alug; laugh.gif

hazmick
It's effectively the same as the Halloween event xp boost, except this one requires you to go back to Windhelm every two hours to have another drink kvleft.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Mira commissioned a pair of daggers for her friend Feng, expertly crafted by Misa! Thanks to mALX and Misa for collaborating on these nice weapons!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2016, 02:52 PM) *

Mira commissioned a pair of daggers for her friend Feng, expertly crafted by Misa! Thanks to mALX and Misa for collaborating on these nice weapons!

Pics or it didn't happen, laugh.gif

I meant to ask you, does Khajiit want any armor to complement the enchantments on the blades? I mean, it is a set, so you can get more bonuses by adding more pieces to it.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 21 2016, 01:56 PM) *

I meant to ask you, does Khajiit want any armor to complement the enchantments on the blades? I mean, it is a set, so you can get more bonuses by adding more pieces to it.

Lol, well that is mainly why this one asked if anyone here could craft Akaviri gear, but if you want to make any of the following, we would be happy cats!
Khajiit style light armor shirt, epaulettes, hat, pants, Khajiit style medium armor bracers, boots, or belt
monkeyemoness
Don't have many actual "adventures" these days but I'm still holding out on new content. I guess the Festivals count as Q4's "DLC"?

Related to that, Hates-White-Rats, Jo'zira and Eolan (collectively known as the Squad) continue to supply the Dragonstar Caravan Company with equipment. Easiest source of gold for rent and taxes on the houses they totally live in right this moment and won't retroactively exist. What housing update? We have houses now, silly.

(Also, I did just join an RP guild. We'll see where that leads)

Eolan also recently participated in New Life events all across Tamriel. He was arrested for assaulting a guard with a mud ball under Jo'zira's guidance. It spiralled out of control but at least he's finally enjoying himself?
???
?????
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 21 2016, 03:16 PM) *

Don't have many actual "adventures" these days but I'm still holding out on new content. I guess the Festivals count as Q4's "DLC"?

Related to that, Hates-White-Rats, Jo'zira and Eolan (collectively known as the Squad) continue to supply the Dragonstar Caravan Company with equipment. Easiest source of gold for rent and taxes on the houses they totally live in right this moment and won't retroactively exist. What housing update? We have houses now, silly.

Eolan also recently participated in New Life events all across Tamriel. He was arrested for assaulting a guard with a mud ball under Jo'zira's guidance. It spiralled out of control but at least he's finally enjoying himself?
???
?????

We are trying to get a Chorrol guild up too!
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2016, 03:51 PM) *

Lol, well that is mainly why this one asked if anyone here could craft Akaviri gear, but if you want to make any of the following, we would be happy cats!
Khajiit style light armor shirt, epaulettes, hat, pants, Khajiit style medium armor bracers, boots, or belt

Sure, no problem at all! I'll get on it right after dinner.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 21 2016, 04:16 PM) *

???
?????

Bold: BWAAHAA !!!

Oh, an RP guild? I'd be interested in hearing what they are like; maybe we can incorporate some of that into our guild if it sounds interesting to all the members.

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 21 2016, 05:53 PM) *

Sure, no problem at all! I'll get on it right after dinner.

You are too good to us! Thanks!
Grits
monkey, I'm interested to hear how things go with the RP guild. Glad that Eolan is having a fun(?) time. tongue.gif

Jerric had a blast today handing out free Betnikh Twice-Spiked Ale to fellow celebrants in a game of "Find the dancing Nord." He was not difficult to locate in his Nordic Towel of Almost Covered. Lildereth finally joined the games now that she has something to wear. Her first festival quest was the bare naked jumping one. She somehow missed her jump at the falls and hit a rock. Though she is all better now, she will not be playing the Freezing Wood Elf Splat game again!
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 21 2016, 08:43 PM) *

monkey, I'm interested to hear how things go with the RP guild. Glad that Eolan is having a fun(?) time. tongue.gif

Jerric had a blast today handing out free Betnikh Twice-Spiked Ale to fellow celebrants in a game of "Find the dancing Nord." He was not difficult to locate in his Nordic Towel of Almost Covered. Lildereth finally joined the games now that she has something to wear. Her first festival quest was the bare naked jumping one. She somehow missed her jump at the falls and hit a rock. Though she is all better now, she will not be playing the Freezing Wood Elf Splat game again!

Khajiit is sorry Lildereth got hurt... but he couldn't help but chuckle at your description, lol
Acadian
Jerric is doing exactly what I would expect Jerric to be doing (when not doing the fishing quest). Aww, sorry Lil had some trouble playing snow bear. Buffy had two things going for her in that icy plunge quest. First was Jerric’s wonderful toe ring of resist frost. Second was one of her templar spells that instantly removes harmful effects – eliminated the frosty afterglow on her and all around the campfire. Unhappily, the spell does not remove mud. . . but that’s another story. laugh.gif
mALX

Sorry about that! I made dinner and ate, then our internet went down. Then my son came home with an XMas tree that we have been setting it up for the last couple hours - it is HUGE! Unfortunately for me, it is fake verysad.gif - but I'm just so excited about having a tree that I don't care! And next year we won't have to be without one all through December like we were this year; we will already have it ready to just pull out!

So I'm late starting on your armor, but it is on its way. I'll mail/PM it to you when it is done.

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 21 2016, 09:43 PM) *

BWAAHAA! Jerric - hey wait, Calia may have seen him!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Dec 21 2016, 10:11 PM) *

Jerric is doing exactly what I would expect Jerric to be doing (when not doing the fishing quest). Aww, sorry Lil had some trouble playing snow bear. Buffy had two things going for her in that icy plunge quest. First was Jerric’s wonderful toe ring of resist frost. Second was one of her templar spells that instantly removes harmful effects – eliminated the frosty afterglow on her and all around the campfire. Unhappily, the spell does not remove mud. . . but that’s another story. laugh.gif

Misa loved getting muddy, she is a Nord, laugh.gif

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 21 2016, 09:49 PM) *

Sorry about that! I made dinner and ate, then our internet went down. Then my son came home with an XMas tree that we have been setting it up for the last couple hours - it is HUGE! Unfortunately for me, it is fake verysad.gif - but I'm just so excited about having a tree that I don't care! And next year we won't have to be without one all through December like we were this year; we will already have it ready to just pull out!

So I'm late starting on your armor, but it is on its way. I'll mail/PM it to you when it is done.
No mALX you enjoy your son and the tree! That's way more important than Feng's outfit. This one has been at work since 3pm anyway and won't get to log on till around 12am or so.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2016, 11:15 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 21 2016, 09:49 PM) *

No mALX you enjoy your son and the tree! That's way more important than Feng's outfit. This one has been at work since 3pm anyway and won't get to log on till around 12am or so.

Well, the fish I ate for dinner made me VERY ill. It won't be ready when you get off work, but I promise it tomorrow - I am so sorry verysad.gif

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 22 2016, 01:18 AM) *

Well, the fish I ate for dinner made me VERY ill. It won't be ready when you get off work, but I promise it tomorrow - I am so sorry verysad.gif
Damn, Khajiit didn't know you were sick, and you still made his gear anyway! Bless your heart! This one hopes you feel better!
TheCheshireKhajiit
Oh boy. Discovered emotes yesterday. Probably spent a good hour on each character, going through them to see which suited the characters the best. When you use the gamepad you can hit key a bunch of them.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2016, 04:26 AM) *

Damn, Khajiit didn't know you were sick, and you still made his gear anyway! Bless your heart! This one hopes you feel better!

I feel better now, but boy did I have a bad night! I hope that armor is okay; I wasn't at my best.

*mALX wipes puke off armor before giving it to Cheshire Khajiit...*

"So, Khajiit, how do you like your ... er... new armor?"

BWAAHAA!

I won't sleep when I'm that sick anyway, so ended up having a great night of play instead - feel better now, just tired; laugh.gif

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 22 2016, 12:12 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2016, 04:26 AM) *

I feel better now, but boy did I have a bad night! I hope that armor is okay; I wasn't at my best.

*mALX wipes puke off armor before giving it to Cheshire Khajiit...*

"So, Khajiit, how do you like your ... er... new armor?"

BWAAHAA!

I won't sleep when I'm that sick anyway, so ended up having a great night of play instead - feel better now, just tired; laugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif
This one is sure the armor is of stellar quality! Thank you again, and glad to hear you are feeling better!
monkeyemoness

Best description. I get the feeling modesty wasn't the point of these. I sort of feel like Bread Breda always gives the participants the absolute worst ones to begin with. Okay, so getting smashed on the rocks maybe isn't part of it but geeze.

Anywho, I've actually been in like seven guilds already. Two disbanded (which sucks because one of those was my favorite.) and I left the others for various reasons. I may return to one of those, but I'm not sure. I found that events, as small as they may be, tend to keep people active. Like a once-a-week meetup at a tavern or house. Personally, I'm not too fond of jumping into big, dramatic RP's but time will tell if I ever warm up to them. (One of the reasons I left a guild.)

So, with that out of the way, yes, you can say that Eolan REALLY enjoyed himself after getting past the mud ball assaults. (Several images ahead)

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Jo'zira learned nothing from the Witches Festival.
haute ecole rider
laugh.gif laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 22 2016, 01:33 PM) *

Best description. I get the feeling modesty wasn't the point of these. I sort of feel like Bread Breda always gives the participants the absolute worst ones to begin with. Okay, so getting smashed on the rocks maybe isn't part of it but geeze.

Anywho, I've actually been in like seven guilds already. Two disbanded (which sucks because one of those was my favorite.) and I left the others for various reasons. I may return to one of those, but I'm not sure. I found that events, as small as they may be, tend to keep people active. Like a once-a-week meetup at a tavern or house. Personally, I'm not too fond of jumping into big, dramatic RP's but time will tell if I ever warm up to them. (One of the reasons I left a guild.)

So, with that out of the way, yes, you can say that Eolan REALLY enjoyed himself after getting past the mud ball assaults. (Several images ahead)

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

OMG, these are amazing artwork! (and had me rolling laughing!)

Acadian
Adorable drawings, Monkey! biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 22 2016, 12:33 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Lol, this rocks!
Grits
I love it, monkey! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2016, 01:11 PM) *

Oh boy. Discovered emotes yesterday. Probably spent a good hour on each character, going through them to see which suited the characters the best. When you use the gamepad you can hit key a bunch of them.

I LOVE the emotes! I have an Addon that runs a random emote when the character is idling, and it really adds a lot of personality to them!

We should print up a list of them on here; there are well over a hundred!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 22 2016, 09:33 PM) *

I LOVE the emotes! I have an Addon that runs a random emote when the character is idling, and it really adds a lot of personality to them!

Yeah, this one got the impression there were way more, but when using the gamepad it gives you a list of... maybe 50 or so (?), and then you can hot key like 10 of them for a character.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 22 2016, 11:38 PM) *

Yeah, this one got the impression there were way more, but when using the gamepad it gives you a list of... maybe 50 or so (?), and then you can hot key like 10 of them for a character.

Okay, here is a link:

http://www.donnayoung.org/blog/wp-content/...s-commands1.pdf

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 22 2016, 11:04 PM) *

Okay, here is a link:

Oh wow, this one thinks all the ones on the list you linked are actually on the list for the gamepad interface.
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 23 2016, 12:18 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 22 2016, 11:04 PM) *

Okay, here is a link:

Oh wow, this one thinks all the ones on the list you linked are actually on the list for the gamepad interface.

That's good !!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.