Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
Acadian
From Rider's original (fixed) post, it works fine for me. If clicking from a quote, it does not (of course).
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 31 2018, 10:11 AM) *

So yesterday marks a new milestone for my laziest toon, Argis the Bulwark. It has been a long journey from his start on Bleakrock to the final goal - the day he finally earned the right to wear a silly hat.

The first screenie is dated 1/30/17, his first day in ESO. The second is from yesterday, 8/30/18. It has taken him over a year and a half to complete his Caldwell's Grand Tour. Along the way he met new friends, gained a BFAM (brother from another mother), got a new house, and gained new experience in a different style of fighting (staves, vs. the old sword and board he used in Skyrim).

Most importantly of all, he gained a new hobby. Master Angler, here he comes!

*edited to fix broken link*

Now I finally got to see it!! It is the hat I was sure you were talking about, but I think he looks pretty proud of that silly hat, lol. (the way he is standing, he looks like "Mr. Clean!" laugh.gif Nice screenshot!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 1 2018, 06:16 PM) *

From Rider's original (fixed) post, it works fine for me. If clicking from a quote, it does not (of course).

Aha, that was the problem. I thought I went back to Rider's, but I actually had gone back to a quote, lol.

Thank you Acadian!!!

** speaking of great screenshots I don't want to miss - isn't that August's Buffy screenshot of the month? I thought I already saw that one, is it new for September?

ghastley
Cat Man Dhou did a lot of dolmen train this weekend, reinforced by experience scrolls, and we've raised him from 32 to 41. Still got a lot more to do, but I can only take a certain amount of grind before I need a change.

Blossom decided she should really do the Orsinium quest line, but she's stuck at the Vosh Rahk gauntlet. Can't get through that without dying - and it hasn't helped that on several runs the switches woulodn't activate. I suspect we'll have to spam the dodge roll to survive all the ranged enemies that can fire through walls and floors.

Unna and Laurie cleared off a few of the loose ends of quests they picked up. They were getting close to not being able to take crafting writs.

Taminwe just got her Clothier up to 50, and she'd already done Woodworking. Smithing's at 47. Wizwen is getting all the decon work these days.

We bought a second storage coffer with writ vouchers, and Laurie immediately completely filled it with Master Writs she's got but can't do yet. All the ones that require more traits than she's researched, and the Nirnhoned weapon ones - we ran out of Potent, and Craglorn's only giving Fortified. She also has a Provisioning writ or two for each and every recipe she doesn't know yet.

All of which left no time for house planning on the PTS. Both Mournoth Keep and Mathiisen Manor are rather bare, but I've tried and rejected a whole bunch of ideas on the PTS. And they always decide to wipe and reload when I'm getting close to a decision.
monkeyemoness
QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 29 2018, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Aug 29 2018, 03:30 PM) *

I am past the need, but thanks for offer.

Now my only goal is tracking down the Arena Gladiator Costume's Runebox for Lucius. I can never find one on TTC.

Is it possible for anyone to have it yet? I read that you need to collect 50 tokens from daily quests, which means it would take 50 days minimum.

This is way late but I imagine people held onto those tokens since they can be used to buy the helmet, too. If not, it could explain why it took a while for the sudden "explosion" of costumes lol. Speaking of, not long after I made that post I actually DID get a hit in TTC...for 2 million gold. Gonna wait a bit for the price to fall. The price seems to be at 1.8mil right now, with 1.5 being the lowest I've ever seen. The helmet is currently at like 124k, but who knows if it'll dip that far considering it's a whole costume.

==

Anyways, finished the Scalecaller motif, finally. I also got Fang Lair Chests but something tells me it'll be a while before I can finish that. I also have Welkynar to do but I may never see a chapter of that any time soon given teh grind to get them lmao
haute ecole rider
As some of you may know, Thursday (the 6th) marked Maz's second ESO anniversary/birthday. Phae, who had been blasting through her Silver, graciously agreed to take a break and let Maz have some fun.

Maz had previously announced that she wanted to add to her trophy wall at Mournoth Keep. As of that moment, we only had four monster trophies - from Spindleclutch I, Banished Cells I, Elden Hollow I, and City of Ash I. We talked to some friends of ours, and Maz was able to get two separate groups together.

First, Maz, Jerric Kjellingson, and Dame Buffy took on Wayrest Sewers and Fungal Grotto. It was a fun romp, and best of all, no one died.

Then after a dinner break, we got together with our good friends Bear and Gray, who brought on Bree as fourth, and we took down Darkshade Caverns I, Arx Corinium, Elden Hollow II and finally, Crypt of Hearts. Ever since she first laid eyes on the place in Rivenspire, Maz has been wanting to explore that awe inspiring ruin. It was everything we thought it would be, and then some.

All in all, it was a fun romp for Maz, and a chance to flex her tank/DPS muscles. What a wonderful way for an exiled Orsimer lass to celebrate the progress she has made since starting on the charming isle of Stros M'kai two years ago.
Acadian
Happy Anniversary to Maz! She's got some trophies now! tongue.gif
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 4 2018, 11:26 AM) *

Cat Man Dhou did a lot of dolmen train this weekend, reinforced by experience scrolls, and we've raised him from 32 to 41. Still got a lot more to do, but I can only take a certain amount of grind before I need a change.

Blossom decided she should really do the Orsinium quest line, but she's stuck at the Vosh Rahk gauntlet. Can't get through that without dying - and it hasn't helped that on several runs the switches woulodn't activate. I suspect we'll have to spam the dodge roll to survive all the ranged enemies that can fire through walls and floors.

Unna and Laurie cleared off a few of the loose ends of quests they picked up. They were getting close to not being able to take crafting writs.

Taminwe just got her Clothier up to 50, and she'd already done Woodworking. Smithing's at 47. Wizwen is getting all the decon work these days.

We bought a second storage coffer with writ vouchers, and Laurie immediately completely filled it with Master Writs she's got but can't do yet. All the ones that require more traits than she's researched, and the Nirnhoned weapon ones - we ran out of Potent, and Craglorn's only giving Fortified. She also has a Provisioning writ or two for each and every recipe she doesn't know yet.

All of which left no time for house planning on the PTS. Both Mournoth Keep and Mathiisen Manor are rather bare, but I've tried and rejected a whole bunch of ideas on the PTS. And they always decide to wipe and reload when I'm getting close to a decision.

I had the same problem with that Vosh Rahk last year = to this day have never been able to survive it (with Misa, she is the main quester/achievement getter). I was considering spamming healing potions and going back there/trying again, because I really want the skill points for finishing that main quest, lol.

I think the switches won't work until you have completed killing a certain number of the Vosh Rahk; because nothing I've read about it says they are glitched; and some of them that didn't work (did work after fighting off hoards of the Vosh Rahk) - but I could be wrong, I mean to this day I haven't cleared that segment of the quest, lol.

Oh yeah, planning out on the PTS is the best way to figure out what you want in decorating your houses, but most definitely take screenshots whenever you have something you like, or it may not be there the next time you go.

ghastley
My crew are getting to that point where they're all completing their mount training. Laurie and Blossom are done, Wizwen finishes tomorrow, Cat Man Dhou the next day, and so on. Poor Minx, being started much later, won't finish until the end of the year.

Laurie will be longer than that with her trait research, as each one takes nearly a month now. She's starting to do several writs when one does complete, and there's hope she'll find space in the writ coffer again before long. She's chasing that magic 100 Master Writs that unlocks a lot of things. I thought she'd be spending all our gold on motifs, but RNG has managed to find all the items she doesn't know enough traits for, and we have a large collection of writs for eight- and nine-traits styles, where she's got the eighth under research. Or for nirnhoned staves, as we haven't found a Potent nirncrux for weeks. We did get one nirnhoned shield writ this weekend, and bumped into Misa at the guildhall when we made it.

As well as finishing their mount training, crafting levels are accelerating. Taminwe joined Unna, Laurie, Blossom and Cat Man Dhou on equipment level 50's and Wizwen is close behind, now that everyone else is feeding her things to deconstruct. The more characters cap out, the more the next one gets in each days' round of writs. The consumable crafts are lagging a bit, mainly because you need to invest skill points to advance them, and we're not finding the time to go collect skyshards on everyone.

hazmick
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 9 2018, 06:18 PM) *

As some of you may know, Thursday (the 6th) marked Maz's second ESO anniversary/birthday.

Happy anniversary Maz! Two years!! Time sure does fly. happy.gif
ghastley
QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 9 2018, 09:27 PM) *

As some of you may know, Thursday (the 6th) marked Maz's second ESO anniversary/birthday.

Laurie wishes it would fly faster. According to UESP learning all traits takes

"a minimum of 326 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes (about eleven months) to research all clothing and blacksmithing traits without the use of scrolls."

We've noted that this value assumes that one starts each new research timer as soon as the previous one expires. That could be in the middle of the night, or the work day, so it's not going to happen like that. How long did Maz take?
monkeyemoness
The Last Dragonborn has seen better days. But then he'd otherwise be bedridden in this Era.
RyanRedfield
Does anybody here play on PS4 NA?
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(RyanRedfield @ Sep 10 2018, 08:53 PM) *

There’s a few. Most of us are on PC though sad.gif
haute ecole rider
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 10 2018, 11:00 AM) *

Laurie wishes it would fly faster. According to UESP learning all traits takes

"a minimum of 326 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes (about eleven months) to research all clothing and blacksmithing traits without the use of scrolls."

We've noted that this value assumes that one starts each new research timer as soon as the previous one expires. That could be in the middle of the night, or the work day, so it's not going to happen like that. How long did Maz take?

Hmm, not sure, but about that long - she maxed out her research slots pretty quickly and kept them going. We got into a pattern where I would log in every morning and do writs, research as needed and so on. CraftStore was particularly useful for making sure we had pieces ready for Maz as soon as a slot opened up - we have a good friend who has a toon that is maxed out on all crafting traits (this was before Jewelry dropped, obviously). He kept Maz supplied with pieces when we didn't have looted pieces - most notably the nirnhoned stuff.

Maz is the only one of my toons who has all nine traits researched in the three equipment crafts. She is now working on jewelry, and we are hitting the traders for pieces when she is due for a new one.

Of the others, Julian, Alise and Argis have completed eight traits, and Phae is nearly there as well. The two boys Do-Rah and Stefan are about six traits down.
mALX
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 9 2018, 01:18 PM) *

As some of you may know, Thursday (the 6th) marked Maz's second ESO anniversary/birthday. Phae, who had been blasting through her Silver, graciously agreed to take a break and let Maz have some fun.

Maz had previously announced that she wanted to add to her trophy wall at Mournoth Keep. As of that moment, we only had four monster trophies - from Spindleclutch I, Banished Cells I, Elden Hollow I, and City of Ash I. We talked to some friends of ours, and Maz was able to get two separate groups together.

First, Maz, Jerric Kjellingson, and Dame Buffy took on Wayrest Sewers and Fungal Grotto. It was a fun romp, and best of all, no one died.

Then after a dinner break, we got together with our good friends Bear and Gray, who brought on Bree as fourth, and we took down Darkshade Caverns I, Arx Corinium, Elden Hollow II and finally, Crypt of Hearts. Ever since she first laid eyes on the place in Rivenspire, Maz has been wanting to explore that awe inspiring ruin. It was everything we thought it would be, and then some.

All in all, it was a fun romp for Maz, and a chance to flex her tank/DPS muscles. What a wonderful way for an exiled Orsimer lass to celebrate the progress she has made since starting on the charming isle of Stros M'kai two years ago.

WOO HOO! Happy Anniversary to Maz! Wow, I didn't realize it has been two years already! Awesome!

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 9 2018, 09:27 PM) *

HAZMICK !!!!!!!!!!!

You are so missed!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 10 2018, 08:01 PM) *

The Last Dragonborn has seen better days. But then he'd otherwise be bedridden in this Era.

Nice !!!

QUOTE(RyanRedfield @ Sep 10 2018, 09:53 PM) *

I think Darkness Eternal and Kobby do. (Kobby = King of Beasts).

ghastley
QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 9 2018, 01:18 PM) *

Maz had previously announced that she wanted to add to her trophy wall at Mournoth Keep.

Be careful what you ask for. We got the trophy from Darkshade II, and now we need a new wall. That thing is HUGE!!!

Grits
monkey, how fun to see this era’s Aza-Jo!

Jerric had some fun spending gems while the Wild Hunt stuff is in the store. He finally got the East and West Skyrim outfits that were favorites in his PS4 game, as well as Darnand’s favorite Priest of the Green robes. Best of all, he is reunited with the Bravil Retriever, Ulfe’s first incarnation in ESO world. It was gone by the time I switched to PC, and then I was in Vegas when it came back to the Crown Store for Year of the Dog.

Darnand is wearing a funny stick hat that he got in the free crates. One just never knows with that Breton.
Acadian
Welcome back to Ulfe! And I agree that the new green priest robe is perfect for Darnand!

monkeyemoness
More doggers are always good. :U

=

Yesterday (?) Dravean finished researching Bloodthirsty, which meant that time ran out for waiting on a Swift Necklace drop. Managed to snag one at the last second, at least, so now he's begun his final Jewelry Trait to officially be a Grandmaster Crafter (for real this time). The game doesn't give you anything special for it but my brain does. By releasing the happy sauce. I've been so busy with other games I completely forgot about it lol
ghastley
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 13 2018, 09:13 PM) *

More doggers are always good. :U

=

Yesterday (?) Dravean finished researching Bloodthirsty, which meant that time ran out for waiting on a Swift Necklace drop. Managed to snag one at the last second, at least, so now he's begun his final Jewelry Trait to officially be a Grandmaster Crafter (for real this time). The game doesn't give you anything special for it but my brain does. By releasing the happy sauce. I've been so busy with other games I completely forgot about it lol

The crafting achievements are weird on what gets a title, what gets a dye, etc. and I'm completely miffed by the inclusion of the Summerset stuff. I'll be really jealous if that Divine Gold dye is as awesome as I suspect.

But Laurie's getting close to the Unsurpassed Crafter that unlocks most of Faustina's stock, and that's enough for now.
ghastley
This weekend:

Unna decided that running around with no pants and a title of Volunteer was bit too ...

So she got a new title: Librarian. The model of Vvardenfell has been installed upstairs at Mathiisen Manor, near the library.

The crew (except for Minx, who's a lot younger) have all finished their mount training. I've already noticed that I can't remember who's done their daily crafting. They always did the two together, and I could see in Craft Store who had training in progress.

Laurie did a few more Master Writs and inched closer to the 100 that unlocks things at Faustina's. She really wants to be able to make bath tubs. That took a couple of circuits of Craglorn to find another Potent Nirncrux. We have at least a dozen Fortified, so all the writs are for weapons. Or for nine-trait sets, where she only knows eight. Or for the one trait she hasn't yet researched. I just don't understand how the RNG system finds the gaps so accurately. biggrin.gif

Oh, and I grabbed the Bravil Retriever before the limited time expired. He doesn't have a home yet, but that won't be for long.
haute ecole rider
Grats on your Bravil Retriever!

All seven of my gang have completed their mount training. Yup, Stefan is over six months old now. They are also at 50 in all crafts, but Phae, Do Rah and Stefan remain at the lowest tier mats for crafting.

I do the daily writs in a certain order - Argis, Alise, Maz then Julian. Argis and Julian do only consumable, while Alise and Maz do all seven crafting. Alise is still at pewter on Jewelry, while Maz just leveled up to Platinum. All four are top tier in the original six crafts. Maz is the only nine trait crafter - we just don't really have the time to farm Craglorn for the elusive nirncrux, especially the potent form.

Maz does all the surveys, and the equipment and enchanting Master Writs. Argis does the Alchemy ones, while Julian does the Provisioning ones. Both Argis and Julian give their vouchers to Maz, and she pools them all together for the vendors.

Phae is working on her Silver, and has finished Eastmarch. The Rift is next for her, and she likely will smash and slam her way through that as well. She has discovered a love for charging her foes and knocking them down with her shield (Invasion is amazing), then blowing them up with her Subterranean Assault while Thunderpaws does his own damage. Unlike my older toons, she is a bit bloodthirsty about getting all the baddies in a given area before moving on. The only thing she doesn't like tackling is a troll - they can't be knocked down, and she lacks fire. Even so, this tiny Bosmer can deal the melee damage and beat them into submission - it just takes a little longer.

I'm debating whether to continue with her Gold right away, or give her a break and let Do Rah finish Vvardenfell. The two baby boys have been patiently cooling their heels waiting their turns.
Acadian
Oh, ghastley, I agree. Unna the pantless volunteer does make her sound a bit like a camp follower. Unna the pantsless librarian though, is perfect. No one ever has to worry about her trying to sneak a book out of the library in her pants. wink.gif
mALX
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 17 2018, 08:42 AM) *

This weekend:

Unna decided that running around with no pants and a title of Volunteer was bit too ...

So she got a new title: Librarian. The model of Vvardenfell has been installed upstairs at Mathiisen Manor, near the library.

The crew (except for Minx, who's a lot younger) have all finished their mount training. I've already noticed that I can't remember who's done their daily crafting. They always did the two together, and I could see in Craft Store who had training in progress.

Laurie did a few more Master Writs and inched closer to the 100 that unlocks things at Faustina's. She really wants to be able to make bath tubs. That took a couple of circuits of Craglorn to find another Potent Nirncrux. We have at least a dozen Fortified, so all the writs are for weapons. Or for nine-trait sets, where she only knows eight. Or for the one trait she hasn't yet researched. I just don't understand how the RNG system finds the gaps so accurately. biggrin.gif

Oh, and I grabbed the Bravil Retriever before the limited time expired. He doesn't have a home yet, but that won't be for long.

rollinglaugh.gif RNG = working as intended, laugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 17 2018, 09:09 AM) *

Oh, ghastley, I agree. Unna the pantless volunteer does make her sound a bit like a camp follower. Unna the pantsless librarian though, is perfect. No one ever has to worry about her trying to sneak a book out of the library in her pants. wink.gif

ROFL !!! I was going to say something similar, but just can't top this, so quoting it! laugh.gif

@ Haute - the price of Nirncrux is the lowest it has been since the game has started right now; so if you don't farm it you can always buy it at the Guild Traders. I have five dedicated crafters, but only one of them researched the Nirncrux due to the cost and rarity of the drops. (Misa). The rest are all stopped (or will stop) at 8 traits.

TheCheshireKhajiit
Well, after all this time, Feng-Do finally finished all of the unique sections of the Dominion main quest. He’s currently hunting down the only delve he hasn’t cleared in Reaper’s March and then he’ll get the Reaper’s March Explorer achievement (he’s already found all of the “eyeball” locations), and the Dominion Master Explorer one. Next we’ll probably work on sweeping Coldharbour and getting his soul back.
ghastley
My crew have been busy crafting, and little else, it seems. The momentum is gathering, and I now have five characters at level 50 in Smithing/Clothier/Woodworking. And Wizwen just joined them in woodworking, with the other two skills not far behind. The more they stop deconstructing their own, and start passing them down, the faster the lower level characters advance, as they're getting more items.

Laurie has only one research to finish in Woodworking, and is completing more master writs for bows and staves. Four of them last night. She's now done 94 total, so the Unsurpassed achievement is within a couple of good days' work. Then she'll be able to buy that bath tub plan, and a whole lot more. There are more 8's than 7's in her Clothier and Smithing traits, but that's going as fast as it can, too. We have a stash of items waiting for research slots to open, and then we'll get back to Nirnhoned. Potent Nirncrux get used as soon as they come in, and anyone who gets a Craglorn survey does a complete circuit of foraging to make the most of the trip.

Some of the others have gone skyshard hunting, so they can get extra research slots, and move towards earning master writs themselves. Unna and Blossom are passing theirs to Laurie, even if they can do them, as she needs to hit that 100. CMD has got a couple of woodworking ones for her, too. He wants to reach Champion level before he puts more points into the other crafts, but we haven't really done anything about that since the guild meet. He did just raise his clothier, because we ran out of Cotton!

That has left little time for dungeon-diving, but we managed to squeeze in a few Undaunted daily delves, which sometimes get us a skyshard as well. Being able to port straight back to Snugpod saves a lot of time on those.

Grits
Turns out that the Summerfall event can be completed twice per account - by creating a character on the other server and completing the achievement there as well. So this morning an ice-blonde adventurer from Jerric's favorite childhood stories set forth to explore Summerset.

No crafting, no quest arrows, untrained mount. It was so much fun. She didn't get very far due to some quest givers yelling in your ear (I guess in case you have the arrows turned off!), but I believe we have the week to finish it. After all, she wouldn't be one of Jerric's heroes if she just walked past people who "needed" help.

I sure hope we get that big bath house. biggrin.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
Feng has reclaimed the Amulet of Kings and is about to attend a meeting between the alliance leaders to discuss plans for an invasion of Coldharbour.
haute ecole rider
LIke Grits, I hopped over to the EU server temporarily to pick up the Pathfinder achievement there. It was an hour well spent on an extremely slow horse with an incomplete mishmash of armor and a strawberry jello horse (one of the few mounts available to my account).

So now I’ve done my part for the community, I’m going back to Phae and focus on her Gold for as long as she wants to keep pushing. Yesterday I got her the pirate outfits, perfect fashion statement for Stros M’Kai. Of course, she chose the most revealing one (the bare chested option) and is smashing her way around the island.
ghastley
Laurie is expecting to spend much of the weekend foraging for Potent nirncrux. She has several master writs that are only blocked by a lack of the trait material, and she's at 97/100 for the Unsurpassed Craftsman. Unna got a Blacksmith survey last night and did a circuit of Craglorn after that, only getting one Fortidied. If it wasn't for the Alchemy and Enchanting writs, she wouldn't have made any progress.

After that, we need to get Cat Man Dhou through the last few levels to reach 50. That will probably involve completing the MQ, as it's a decent source of XP, and skill points.

---

Edit: And CMD has finally reached Champion. He got his soul back at level 49.95 and had to go and do a quest on Bleackrock Isle to finish off. Now, of course, his gear is 400 levels behind him, and he need all new equipment. The whole crew is scrabbling to find Blacksmithing and Woodworking surveys, as we don't have nearly enough materials for a complete set of 160.
hazmick
Spent the bulk of the day wandering around with Cirinwe, levelling up the Psijic skill line and collecting cursed items for their vault. After that was all sorted, we popped over to Vvardenfell to get all the tomb rubbings we needed. All of that gave us 3 new housing items, which fit nicely in the museum wing of the Alinor Townhouse (our new primary residence). Almost bought a cat too, but it's 1000 crowns so I'm still hesitating - it's so cute though!

Finished off the day with Haa-Rei, looking at gear sets. Some really nifty sets out there, especially one of the monster ones. Unfortunately it requires the completion of dungeons, so it will remain a dream for now.
mALX

Last night I got on my Son's account and took the highest character (Nightblade, DW, CP 130 or something) over to Summerset to get the Psijic line done. She completed the Queen's Decree just fine = no problems; but when she was supposed to "Defeat K'Tora" = couldn't do it. She died so many times that I finally gave up and resurrected at the wayshrine and took her back to Stonefalls. There were way too many adds; too many red circles to roll-dodge free of; and too many blue balls in the air. One of his arsenal was an AoE that took her health from full to empty in a split second; and no amount of throwing potions down her throat seemed to work. This is a strictly solo quest boss; but it was throwing down like it was a Veteran level group boss.

On my account = Misa (also a DW Nightblade; though she is CP 790 or so) beat that boss without issue; so I'm wondering if in one of these patches they really upped the mechanics on that boss?

A couple people in the Zen forums said they only made it through by switching to a bow; (but she didn't have a bow on her, or a single skill point spent in bows as a weapon; so I decided to pull her out and regroup = drop back 5 yards and punt)

So = if anyone has fought it since the latest patches has any tips to get through that fight = it would be greatly appreciated! (and just saying "stay alive" like my funny friends on TeamSpeak did won't help, laugh.gif )

hazmick
I'd imagine any trouble below 160 CP is related to gear. If not, possibly an attribute issue.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 23 2018, 10:47 AM) *

I'd imagine any trouble below 160 CP is related to gear. If not, possibly an attribute issue.

You are right about the armor; her armor level is actually lower than her level by over 30 levels; I planned making her a current set when I pulled her out of that fight = was not sure what to put her in though.

The set she is in now was Night Mother's Gaze, Hundings Rage, and two pieces of another set that gives +129 Weapon damage for a "fake monster set." (and weapon damage enchantment on her jewelry). That combination did NOT seem to work as well together as I thought it would.

Any (crafted) armor sets you could suggest for a Stam Nightblade that DW's? I'd appreciate any advice.

mALX

Her last set was 5 Night Mother's Gaze, 2 Kvatch Gladiator for the "fake monster set," 5 Twice Born Star (all Divines); Warrior and I think Thief were her Mundus stones. = that set WAY out-performed this set; and she used it from level 38 all the way up to CP 70. (but it is really hard to judge since at level 38 she was still really buffed by the game itself). I really wish they didn't buff our early characters, there is no way to know what is good or isn't during that buffing stage.

hazmick
Honestly your knowledge of crafted sets will vastly outweigh my own - I haven't crafted anything for about 6 months tongue.gif We have a ton of gear in the guild bank though, perhaps something in there might help
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2018, 10:11 AM) *

You are right about the armor; her armor level is actually lower than her level by over 30 levels; I planned making her a current set when I pulled her out of that fight = was not sure what to put her in though.

The set she is in now was Night Mother's Gaze, Hundings Rage, and two pieces of another set that gives +129 Weapon damage for a "fake monster set." (and weapon damage enchantment on her jewelry). That combination did NOT seem to work as well together as I thought it would.

Any (crafted) armor sets you could suggest for a Stam Nightblade that DW's? I'd appreciate any advice.

Feng is using Hundings and 5 pieces of song of Lamae for defense. Unfortunately, since we don’t have Summerset, his jewelry is all Flanking which we had plenty of and seemed to go along with his skill set. He slices and dices fairly well but if he starts to take too much damage or runs out of stamina he dies fairly quickly.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 23 2018, 11:33 AM) *

Honestly your knowledge of crafted sets will vastly outweigh my own - I haven't crafted anything for about 6 months tongue.gif We have a ton of gear in the guild bank though, perhaps something in there might help

All the stuff in the guild bank is CP 160, she can't wear it yet. I was trying to get her to CP 160 without making her a new set of armor till she reached it; but I guess that bird has flown, laugh.gif

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 23 2018, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2018, 10:11 AM) *

Feng is using Hundings and 5 pieces of song of Lamae for defense. Unfortunately, since we don’t have Summerset, his jewelry is all Flanking which we had plenty of and seemed to go along with his skill set. He slices and dices fairly well but if he starts to take too much damage or runs out of stamina he dies fairly quickly.

I remember I kept Misa in Song of Lamae and Night Mother's Gaze right up to CP 160; and my Tank wears Song of Lamae still. That is a good idea; I could give her some defense instead of pushing for so much DPS before she has the CP points to cover it.

Thank you both for all your help, it is greatly appreciated!

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2018, 11:13 AM) *

I remember I kept Misa in Song of Lamae and Night Mother's Gaze right up to CP 160; and my Tank wears Song of Lamae still. That is a good idea; I could give her some defense instead of pushing for so much DPS before she has the CP points to cover it.

Thank you both for all your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Lol, well Khajiit doesn’t know how much of a help he was, but you are welcome all the same. FYI: Feng is using the Lover stone as an alternate to Warrior for weapon damage. He is also using the “divines” trait on his armor, except for chest, legs, and helm on which he’s using “infused” to increase the health enchantment he’s placed on those items. Would really like to try Twice Born Star with divines traits. Khajiit bets a combo of Lover and Warrior would be pretty badass.
ghastley
If the character is at CP130, I'd suggest grabbing XP scrolls, potions etc. and trying to get past CP160 on the easier quests first. You'll only have to make more. anyway. Does the current stuff have the Training trait?

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 23 2018, 11:46 AM) *

If the character is at CP130, I'd suggest grabbing XP scrolls, potions etc. and trying to get past CP160 on the easier quests first. You'll only have to make more. anyway. Does the current stuff have the Training trait?

Good idea. And definitely hit up the Witch’s Festival when it comes time.
SubRosa
QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 23 2018, 12:46 PM) *

What is this about C3PO? smile.gif
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 23 2018, 12:14 PM) *

IPB Image
You’re doomed!
monkeyemoness
I hopped onto the EU server to do my part for the Summerfall event, but took my sweet time doing it. Were it not for the fact that DLC and other Crown Store purchases aren't shared between servers, I'd even make a new home in EU. Also naming your character Boston Cream Doughnut takes away from committing to it.

Wonder if we will make the goal. It'd be nice.
mALX

That is what I was trying to do up to this point = just taking her out skyshard hunting or to Dolmen where she has plenty of help from people in armor that is at their level, lol. Seriously though; I really was hoping to reach 160 before making another armor. At level 160 she can go out and wrangle up some drop sets (plus use the Undaunted key she has been saving).

Good idea on the XP scrolls too; I have to remember to use them! I didn't realize she was as close as she is; she is CP 145; so ... I think some XP scrolls and Dolman should kick her up there in no time. If worse comes to it, I get a ton of that Void/Nightwood/Shadow stuff every day in my daily writ rewards, so I can throw something together for her easily enough. (just didn't want to, laugh.gif )

mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 23 2018, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 23 2018, 11:46 AM) *

Good idea. And definitely hit up the Witch’s Festival when it comes time.

Ooh, another good suggestion! And yes, you really were a help before. I hadn't even thought of using Song of Lamae, don't ask me why since I did use it on my own characters when they were babies! (DOH!)

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 23 2018, 01:14 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 23 2018, 06:24 PM) *

I hopped onto the EU server to do my part for the Summerfall event, but took my sweet time doing it. Were it not for the fact that DLC and other Crown Store purchases aren't shared between servers, I'd even make a new home in EU. Also naming your character Boston Cream Doughnut takes away from committing to it.

GAAAAAAAH! Now I'm hungry for a Boston Cream something! (Pie, Eclair, Doughnut, etc = anything; as long as it has the Boston Creme and the chocolate on top!)

ghastley
I'm having the opposite problem with Cat Man Dhou. He just vaulted from level 42 to CP452, because we finished off the Main Quest and got enough XP to hit Champion. So now he's having to re-suit himself at the higher level. The crafted set (Fortified Brass) wasn't hard, but took a lot of surveys to gather all the Rubedite. Now he has the problem of gathering the other set, and so far we've done dolmens for the Plague Doctor jewels.

We went off to try and get a helm, sword and shield (any two will do) from the Plague Doctor set, and of course nobody was anywhere to be seen around the bosses who would drop that stuff, and without the equipment, he can't yet do it alone. We had much the same issue with the dolmens, as Deshaan isn't a popular circuit. I had to switch to another character and do two of them solo. Unfortunately, neither Unna nor Laurie can manage a World Boss alone yet. Unna does a lot of damage, but dies too easily, and Laurie is the exact opposite, and can't wear the boss down fast enough. They'd make a great team, but that's just not possible.

CMD has a decent undaunted shoulder to add to the mix, and he made all his armour Infused, but we haven't yet enchanted it. Doing that might be all the difference we need, and he's probably going to want stamina in the short term for solo use. Since Magicka, Stamina and Health are the only options for armour, and those sets are already all-health, my only concern is whether he'll need significant magicka later. Sword-and-board uses stamina mostly, and the few times he'll use a magicka skill at present he has enough. Must make a decision soon.

---

Then there's the choice of who's next. Wizwen, Taminwe are both in contention, at about level 34, and nearly L50 in their crafting skills. Taminwe would be a fairly standard Nightblade DW DPS, but Wizwen is a Sorc, and undecided whether she wants to heal or damage. I may roll a new character to build a healer, as it seems to be hard to do that on anything but Templar. Blossom is a Templar, but she's a dedicated axe-murderer, and doesn't want to change. So either Taminwe or Wizwen will probably progress as DPS builds, and get re-spec'ed once they're past the solo stuff in the Main Quest and their Alliance. Or not, if they want to do Silver and Gold.
monkeyemoness
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2018, 06:10 PM) *

GAAAAAAAH! Now I'm hungry for a Boston Cream something! (Pie, Eclair, Doughnut, etc = anything; as long as it has the Boston Creme and the chocolate on top!)

I was eating Black Forest Gateau (birthday cake!) while I was making the character, but I knew that the name would most likely already be taken so I went with the next best thing.

These days I'm mostly worrying about how Murkmire will fit in Hates' backstory. The Black Tongue clan was supposedly from the region, but that was most likely from when it was around Gideon, not Lilmoth. I'm tempted to play the DLC on the PTS a little more to see if they're still a thing.
mALX
QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 26 2018, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 23 2018, 06:10 PM) *

I was eating Black Forest Gateau (birthday cake!) while I was making the character, but I knew that the name would most likely already be taken so I went with the next best thing.

These days I'm mostly worrying about how Murkmire will fit in Hates' backstory. The Black Tongue clan was supposedly from the region, but that was most likely from when it was around Gideon, not Lilmoth. I'm tempted to play the DLC on the PTS a little more to see if they're still a thing.

Boston Creme Doughnut = laugh.gif

PTS = Good idea; I sure would if it is going to effect your RP.

Grits
Jerric is adventuring in Vvardenfell. To his great delight, he met a bard with the exact hairstyle that he teased Darnand for getting when they passed through the Imperial City (in his story). I present to you, Bard Hair: Screenshot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.