Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today In Tamriel
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Aug 17 2016, 05:41 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 17 2016, 10:09 PM) *

I wasn't wanting the Shadows of Hist because it was just two group boss fights from what I heard. But it has been killing me to see Anvil in ESO, and it was so worth the 2000 crown points just to see it and explore it! (not to mention my new knife idles!

The paid content for SotH is just the two new group dungeons. The free part of the update is the style parlour and base patch which is what's making the download so large. 19GB on Xbox!

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 17 2016, 05:39 PM) *

mALX, congrats on the new knife stuff! Isn’t Anvil amazing? As you can imagine, Jerric spends as much time there as lag will allow. biggrin.gif Is Misa a Nord? I’m sorry, I know I’ve asked before and I forgot. I wasn’t sure if she or pantsless Calia was an Altmer. I love Misa’s hair!

Acadian, that’s awesome! No question is too big or small to ask at any hour, lol. I had my phone and Kindle out for months googling stuff and looking up maps. I still play with my phone at my elbow. (Next to my tea.)

hazmick, I can’t wait to see Haa-Rei on his Hist Guar! They look so cool. It took me ages to get the update downloaded. Have a great time tomorrow!

SubRosa, I was thinking the same thing! whistling.gif

I literally felt tears in my eyes when I saw the Anvil docks; the Lighthouse path; and Anvil Castle in the near distance! It is so perfect!!! And if that was all it was, no quests or personality idles, etc - it would have still been worth it to me, just to see everything so familiar! Misa stood where the prophet does in Oblivion - pulled out her lute and gave a performance. LOVED IT!!!l

And the bedrooms in the sanctuary - nice for roleplay; I loved that whole place! And did you talk to that hilarious skeleton? (Thin-skinned, rollinglaugh.gif )

I'm wondering how many times I can go back and rob that estate, that was a fantastic haul! My Ledgerdomain jumped a level from it!

Misa is a Nord; and "Pantsless" Calia is an Imperial. (and looks better from behind than Misa, probably from all that time without greaves, lol.

I used to have an Altmer named ... Caria? But she got the axe, along with my Templar. I didn't build those two right, they were unplayable.

Grits
The closest I’ve gotten to the Dark Brotherhood locations is when Jerric wasn’t watching his step and fell down into that chasm where the sanctuary door is. He landed right on top of a bunch of players. embarrased.gif I have a character who will do the DB questline someday, she just needs to level a bit first. But that could take a while since Jerric is having so much fun questing in High Rock. I’m looking forward to meeting the DB NPCs. This game really gets NPCs right.

Lil had to take a break from the Thieves Guild to level up as well. The fetch quests she was getting entailed a lot of killing groups of monsters, and the battle-leveling wasn’t cutting it for her. She is just now getting the class and bow abilities that let her do some solo boss killing. She can get Snipe as soon as she gets another skill point. She really hopes that Snipe is what it sounds like.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 17 2016, 06:44 PM) *

The closest I’ve gotten to the Dark Brotherhood locations is when Jerric wasn’t watching his step and fell down into that chasm where the sanctuary door is. He landed right on top of a bunch of players. embarrased.gif I have a character who will do the DB questline someday, she just needs to level a bit first. But that could take a while since Jerric is having so much fun questing in High Rock. I’m looking forward to meeting the DB NPCs. This game really gets NPCs right.

Lil had to take a break from the Thieves Guild to level up as well. The fetch quests she was getting entailed a lot of killing groups of monsters, and the battle-leveling wasn’t cutting it for her. She is just now getting the class and bow abilities that let her do some solo boss killing. She can get Snipe as soon as she gets another skill point. She really hopes that Snipe is what it sounds like.

BWAAHAA!!! (Falling on top of players, rollinglaugh.gif )

Urk, what does killing monsters have to do with the Thieves Guild? That is kind of like how they did in Skyrim, making it about fighting instead of an elite theft organization. I am about to join the Thieves Guild too (to try to up my sneak ability some). So if you have any tips, I'm all ears !!!

llll
Grits
Most of the TG stuff that I have done is stealth related. The locations are really neat. Lil ran into trouble with the side quests that you get from the boards because you loot some of the items from the monsters you kill, but it sounds like Misa is awesome in combat and will be fine.

In the stealth parts, remember to look for cover and watch the detection/light areas. Just be patient and you can get through. It’s good fun, I enjoyed the quests we did.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 17 2016, 09:38 PM) *

Most of the TG stuff that I have done is stealth related. The locations are really neat. Lil ran into trouble with the side quests that you get from the boards because you loot some of the items from the monsters you kill, but it sounds like Misa is awesome in combat and will be fine.

In the stealth parts, remember to look for cover and watch the detection/light areas. Just be patient and you can get through. It’s good fun, I enjoyed the quests we did.

Thank you so much! Do they give you any stealth boosts?

Grits
Most of the TG skill line abilities have to do with the crime and punishment side of things, but the last one Veil of Shadows decreases guard and witness detection radius by 10%. Lil doesn’t have that yet, so I can’t say how useful it is.

Here’s a page that describes the skill line: Link.

mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 18 2016, 11:52 AM) *

Most of the TG skill line abilities have to do with the crime and punishment side of things, but the last one Veil of Shadows decreases guard and witness detection radius by 10%. Lil doesn’t have that yet, so I can’t say how useful it is.

Here’s a page that describes the skill line: Link.

Oh, Thank you so much! I may need that 10% boost before attempting any more DB quests, lol.

Grits
Jerric had a fun morning on the Gold Coast. Turns out you can get a daily contract from the bounty board in Anvil AND in Kvatch! He is one happy Nord. Also somewhat battered. Plus now he wants to travel to Hew’s Bane and see what kind of “daily” trouble he can get into there. laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 21 2016, 12:35 PM) *

Jerric had a fun morning on the Gold Coast. Turns out you can get a daily contract from the bounty board in Anvil AND in Kvatch! He is one happy Nord. Also somewhat battered. Plus now he wants to travel to Hew’s Bane and see what kind of “daily” trouble he can get into there. laugh.gif

WOO HOO !!! Misa has been arrested and lost all her illgotten gains numerous times in Hews Bane; the guard there is in disguises so you never know when one is watching you! Jerric should feel right at home there!

I so badly wish could reread Jerric's story from the beginning and all those brawls and arrests! You made "Nord" come alive for me with Jerric! Just knowing he is back in Anvil in ESO - I hope it inspires another chapter of him! Maybe that closed gate he is in will open up in the 1st Era !!!!

Grits
Gosh, thank you, mALX! As much as he wanders, the Gold Coast is home. It has been a lot of fun meeting brother and sister Nords in his travels who share his priorities. biggrin.gif

Jerric wound up with his hands bound in the Chamber of Justice this morning, it was just like old times in Kvatch! He looked contrite, but inside he was laughing. I’ll get the picture off the PS4 sometime when my son quits playing No Man’s Sky.

Lil has gotten better at running from the guards to keep her loot, but many, many packs full of goods have been repossessed by the Hew’s Bane authorities. Picking pockets has been especially painful. The perks have helped, but early on she was always in trouble.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 21 2016, 04:18 PM) *

Gosh, thank you, mALX! As much as he wanders, the Gold Coast is home. It has been a lot of fun meeting brother and sister Nords in his travels who share his priorities. biggrin.gif

Jerric wound up with his hands bound in the Chamber of Justice this morning, it was just like old times in Kvatch! He looked contrite, but inside he was laughing. I’ll get the picture off the PS4 sometime when my son quits playing No Man’s Sky.

Lil has gotten better at running from the guards to keep her loot, but many, many packs full of goods have been repossessed by the Hew’s Bane authorities. Picking pockets has been especially painful. The perks have helped, but early on she was always in trouble.

I have yet to pick a single pocket with any of my characters, lol. In fact, so far I've only been able to successfully sneak up on about 3 without being caught to assassinate them, laugh.gif Just as she is creeping up on them, suddenly she goes into a tumble and alerts them she is there; and her "assassination" attempt ends up in combat with swords drawn instead of the Blade of Woe, rollinglaugh.gif

Yes, Stonefalls and The Rift (or was it Eastmarch?) both have some partying brawling Nord activities Misa enjoyed, lol. I actually wondered if ESO modeled their Nord culture after Jerric, and it actually is possible because Leydenne is one of the ESO quest writers and she used to read Jerric's adventures !!!

I didn't get any screens of the partying drunken brawling in Stonefalls, but did get some from the Rift's!!! (Or was it Eastmarch???? BWAAHAA! )

http://i.imgur.com/UrEGcpO.png

http://i.imgur.com/a9UMPA8.png

Acadian
mALX, what great pictures! It makes me look forward to what's to come.

Just got ESO Plus and am happy with it. The crafting bag is marvelous. Buffy seems to be working very well as a sorceress. Her big skills are bow, dark magic and summoning magic. After buying her a kitty and a pixie, she made me buy her a fennic fox and they instantly bonded. Naturally, she named the little vixen Kitsune.

She moved on from Kenarthi's Roost to the big island of Auridon and everything to do there seems endless. That is a very good thing, but does make me appreciate seeing screens of what is to come. She's fighting well - in part because dear mALX is keeping her supplied with stout bows for her level. Spike the clannfear is of immense help and she looks forward to adding Drusilla the winged twilight before too much longer. Kitsune, of course, is just a companion in ESO. She was issued a white horse that she (of course) promptly named Superian. If the mare gets envious of a pretty coat color, we may send Superian to the style shoppe. tongue.gif

Buffy met the queen of the Dominion and I was very surprised. The two elves hit it off amazingly well. After killing so many Thalmor in Skyrim, it surprised me that Buffy would like her. She also likes the Mages Guild, but that is not really a surprise.

Am quite loving the game actually and see that it is more than fine for playing single player. In fact, I'm trying to gradually learn how to make the chat / group bits work and figure them all out. It continues to be a relief and joy not to have to worry about installs/mods/tweaks/utilities/load orders and the constant fear of losing it all to puter problems. Overall, it seems clear that this is Buffy's new home.
Grits
mALX, that’s awesome. I continue to be amazed and touched by the NPCs that Jerric meets. Windhelm in full party mode is always a riot. Thane Jeggi Gap-Tooth is of course a best bud, I mean the man has a drinking/fishing camp and the hot “morale officer” Belfrost the Shy in his tent!

Great shots of the party in the Rift! Jerric was so tickled to become one of Geirmund’s Guardians. Also like everyone else he was drunk off his ass, which I’m sure added to the enjoyment.

Acadian, I’m so happy that Buffy has found a home in ESO! How sweet that Kitsune has joined her and Superian. When Drusilla arrives, I am sure that Buffy will be charmed by her. happy.gif

mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 27 2016, 08:16 AM) *

*snip*
Overall, it seems clear that this is Buffy's new home.

WOO HOO !!!!!!!

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 27 2016, 11:24 AM) *

mALX, that’s awesome. I continue to be amazed and touched by the NPCs that Jerric meets. Windhelm in full party mode is always a riot. Thane Jeggi Gap-Tooth is of course a best bud, I mean the man has a drinking/fishing camp and the hot “morale officer” Belfrost the Shy in his tent!

Great shots of the party in the Rift! Jerric was so tickled to become one of Geirmund’s Guardians. Also like everyone else he was drunk off his ass, which I’m sure added to the enjoyment.

laugh.gif The Nords won't trust you if you don't drink and brawl drunk with them, rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Misa had so much fun on those Nord quests !!!!

(She is Nord, but didn't grow up in the Nord culture = she had a LOT to learn, lol.

mALX

Windhelm - for the NPC's it is party central; but for Players = Mournhold is so wild that I wonder if Dagon's wiping it off the map was in the nature of a "Sodom and Gomorrah" type thing, rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Daggerfall on the weekends is wild, but much more my speed than Mournhold, lol.

Grits
Jerric will surely drop by Mournhold on the weekend now, lol. I almost never play evenings or weekends, but now he’s going to make me! laugh.gif

Jerric found the Minotaur style shield chapter today. He immediately sent it to Darnand and demanded that Darnand proceed directly to Hew’s Bane and craft him a Tava’s Favor shield from all of the ruby ash and oxblood fungus Jerric has been collecting.

Jerric is wearing a Hide of Morihaus cuirass as part of 5 Morihaus pieces and 5 Tava’s Favor pieces, so the new shield looks pretty cool. Both sets have a roll-dodge effect. Morihaus knocks enemies down when you roll through them. It’s hilarious. Jerric is having a blast.

He’s been working on his two-handed skill (just got Rally, woo!) and dueling minotaurs on the Gold Coast since he picked up a few more Champion Points. He is still a month or two away from having enough traits researched to try the Pelinal’s Aptitude crafted set. That’s the one that looks at your Spell Damage and Weapon Damage values and uses the higher one for both. I have high hopes for it making battlemagery possible for Jerric.
hazmick
I love the Minotaur style, but I can't find any motifs for it anywhere. I check guild stores regularly, so I'll get some eventually, but it's proving difficult.

Haa-Rei is also on trait duty, and I'm wishing for the 34734658747525th time that I started doing it when I first got the game. Probably would be finished by now.
Acadian
Thought I would give a progress report on Buffy. She's level 17 and can see a time before long where she'll be ready to move on from Auridon (first major zone in the Dominion).

Her build as a sorc is doing very well. Basically she runs her hotkeys as follows with no real need for her second bar:
1. Long range bow ability. Poison arrow (bow) will upgrade to snipe.
2. Medium range crowd control. Poison spray (bow) does nicely here.
3. Short range knockback for those that get too close. Scattershot (bow) does great.
4. Spike the clannfear.
5. Drusilla the twilight.
Ultimate. Rocky the storm atronach.

So the only skills she's really using are bow, summoning, medium armor passives, racial passives, occasionally soul trapping.

She is pursuing woodworking and can make reasonable bows now. As light as her skill point requirements, I may even add clothing crafting as well before long.

Her summons really help her bring her bow to bear which, in turn, helps keep them alive. Her crowd control and knockback bow abilities seem to take care of any foes who leak through her summons. So far so good.

Dear mALX has been a wonderful help ensuring Buffy has strong medium armor and a potent bow. Even though Buffy's bow making is coming along nicely. It seems she can easily manage one crafting skill and perhaps even two. I'm pretty sure she'll leave enchanting to simply finding/buying/begging glyphs from others. She doesn't care a whit about blacksmithing, provisioning or alchemy so that's good.

hazmick
Glad to hear that Buffy's doing well - Almost time to go to Valenwood!

Skill setup looks good. You might find that the Winged Twilight becomes less effective at later levels but it's handy to have early on, same with the Storm Atronach. Haa-Rei's second bar is all buffs and healing, which you probably won't need to bother with unless you tackle more difficult content.

You should have enough skill points to do at least 3 crafting lines. Haa-Rei does Woodworking, Clothing, Blacksmithing and Provisioning. Once you get your abilities all sorted you can respec your skills and only use points for abilities that you use, thus meaning you don't have points sitting in skills that you don't touch anymore.
Acadian
Hazmick, thanks. Buffy did use the dark magic ultimate as well. She's not quite sure whether that one with its zone of stunning x 10 sec is better than the storm atronach. Any thoughts?

And I'm sure there is some potential somehow for that second bar so I haven't quite given up on that yet.
hazmick
Hmmm I don't think the difference is too major, it just depends what you want out of an ultimate. The Dark Magic stun also has a slightly larger radius, and is instant cast, so if you just want a stun then go for that. The Dark Magic passive skill 'Persistence' increases its duration by up to 20% too.

The Storm Atronach provides some decent damage at lower levels and can distract enemies to a certain extent, so it can also be really useful. The stun effect is kind of secondary here.

Haa-Rei has the Dark Magic ult on his second bar, but hasn't used it much. We use the Mages Guild Ice Comet, which will be a long way off for Buffy to unlock but is really good. You could also check out the Soul Strike ult from the Soul Magic skills line - it has no stun but does a ton of damage and slows enemies down.
Acadian
Oh thanks. We'll check those out. smile.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 31 2016, 12:45 PM) *

Jerric will surely drop by Mournhold on the weekend now, lol. I almost never play evenings or weekends, but now he’s going to make me! laugh.gif

Jerric found the Minotaur style shield chapter today. He immediately sent it to Darnand and demanded that Darnand proceed directly to Hew’s Bane and craft him a Tava’s Favor shield from all of the ruby ash and oxblood fungus Jerric has been collecting.

Jerric is wearing a Hide of Morihaus cuirass as part of 5 Morihaus pieces and 5 Tava’s Favor pieces, so the new shield looks pretty cool. Both sets have a roll-dodge effect. Morihaus knocks enemies down when you roll through them. It’s hilarious. Jerric is having a blast.

He’s been working on his two-handed skill (just got Rally, woo!) and dueling minotaurs on the Gold Coast since he picked up a few more Champion Points. He is still a month or two away from having enough traits researched to try the Pelinal’s Aptitude crafted set. That’s the one that looks at your Spell Damage and Weapon Damage values and uses the higher one for both. I have high hopes for it making battlemagery possible for Jerric.

BOLD: SPEW!!! Pictures of him in the midst of his revelry PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

Oh, how I would love to see him rolling down a crowd like that!!!! I have 3 of Morihaus - was dying to try the 5 pieces, but the only time I can ever get Misa to roll is when she is supposed to be sneaking up on someone to kill or pickpocket them! Every single time she tumbles right into them; alerting them and any guards in the area to her sneaking presence, lol.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Aug 31 2016, 01:06 PM) *

I love the Minotaur style, but I can't find any motifs for it anywhere. I check guild stores regularly, so I'll get some eventually, but it's proving difficult.

Haa-Rei is also on trait duty, and I'm wishing for the 34734658747525th time that I started doing it when I first got the game. Probably would be finished by now.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten several drops of the "Minotaur" motifs in either Anvil, Kvatch, or Hews Bane. I'd never seen or heard of it before and suddenly started getting those Motlifs - thought they were Dwemer at first because of the purple writing.

Grits
hazmick, I haven’t found any Minotaur chapters in the guild shops either, and I have everyone looking! Jerric has gotten three Assassin staff chapters and two Assassin dagger chapters on the Gold Coast, but what he wants most is Order of the Hour and Minotaur. I guess that’s how it goes, lol.

I’ve realized that Clothier Lil is the one who needs to craft the Pelinal sets to make the most of the Agility passive, and she is still about four months out on having enough pieces researched with nine traits. Still, Jerric will probably make a heavy set as soon as he can just to test how it works. I’m starting to see how people get focused on “end game” gear, and how that mindset bleeds unnecessarily into games like Skyrim. wacko.gif

Acadian, it looks like Buffy has a well thought-out set of skills. Lil recently got Snipe, and it has brought the fun back to her game. She keeps only one Bow skill on her bar for now for leveling purposes, which has been tough at times. So far Snipe is her favorite. Thank you for the progress report, Buffy’s friends are all rooting for her! wub.gif

mALX, I have been trying to get a video capture of the rolling thing because it is hilarious. Jerric hit Mournhold to dye his armor the other day, and there were so many players there getting up to silliness that most of them couldn’t render past the black shadow stage. It was like ten in the morning eastern time. What the heck! laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 3 2016, 01:51 PM) *

hazmick, I haven’t found any Minotaur chapters in the guild shops either, and I have everyone looking! Jerric has gotten three Assassin staff chapters and two Assassin dagger chapters on the Gold Coast, but what he wants most is Order of the Hour and Minotaur. I guess that’s how it goes, lol.

I’ve realized that Clothier Lil is the one who needs to craft the Pelinal sets to make the most of the Agility passive, and she is still about four months out on having enough pieces researched with nine traits. Still, Jerric will probably make a heavy set as soon as he can just to test how it works. I’m starting to see how people get focused on “end game” gear, and how that mindset bleeds unnecessarily into games like Skyrim. wacko.gif

Acadian, it looks like Buffy has a well thought-out set of skills. Lil recently got Snipe, and it has brought the fun back to her game. She keeps only one Bow skill on her bar for now for leveling purposes, which has been tough at times. So far Snipe is her favorite. Thank you for the progress report, Buffy’s friends are all rooting for her! wub.gif

mALX, I have been trying to get a video capture of the rolling thing because it is hilarious. Jerric hit Mournhold to dye his armor the other day, and there were so many players there getting up to silliness that most of them couldn’t render past the black shadow stage. It was like ten in the morning eastern time. What the heck! laugh.gif

It is too bad the servers are separated this way, I have had both Minotaur and Order of the Hour - I thought they would be unable to be used till level 9 just like the Dwemer stuff because they were purple too - so I just sold them on the Guild store.

That is so funny about Jerric in Mournhold!!! That place is wilder than heck!!! Oh, I would so love to see Jerric tumbling like that! I only found one vid on YouTube of it, and that one was showing how it wasn't working for him (although I did see it knock a woman down).

I've got it, just never been able to do it in combat! But just let me try to sneak up on someone and she is tumbling all over the place, lol.

mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Aug 31 2016, 02:19 PM) *

Glad to hear that Buffy's doing well - Almost time to go to Valenwood!

Skill setup looks good. You might find that the Winged Twilight becomes less effective at later levels but it's handy to have early on, same with the Storm Atronach. Haa-Rei's second bar is all buffs and healing, which you probably won't need to bother with unless you tackle more difficult content.

You should have enough skill points to do at least 3 crafting lines. Haa-Rei does Woodworking, Clothing, Blacksmithing and Provisioning. Once you get your abilities all sorted you can respec your skills and only use points for abilities that you use, thus meaning you don't have points sitting in skills that you don't touch anymore.

Can you do four crafting lines that way and still have enough skill points for your needed passives; actives; and Ultimates for combat?

I noticed yesterday that they have added a skyshard counter to the skills page - Misa's is showing she only has like 100 more skyshards to find! (urk)

mALX
QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2016, 01:32 PM) *

Thought I would give a progress report on Buffy. She's level 17 and can see a time before long where she'll be ready to move on from Auridon (first major zone in the Dominion).

Her build as a sorc is doing very well. Basically she runs her hotkeys as follows with no real need for her second bar:
1. Long range bow ability. Poison arrow (bow) will upgrade to snipe.
2. Medium range crowd control. Poison spray (bow) does nicely here.
3. Short range knockback for those that get too close. Scattershot (bow) does great.
4. Spike the clannfear.
5. Drusilla the twilight.
Ultimate. Rocky the storm atronach.

So the only skills she's really using are bow, summoning, medium armor passives, racial passives, occasionally soul trapping.

She is pursuing woodworking and can make reasonable bows now. As light as her skill point requirements, I may even add clothing crafting as well before long.

Her summons really help her bring her bow to bear which, in turn, helps keep them alive. Her crowd control and knockback bow abilities seem to take care of any foes who leak through her summons. So far so good.

Dear mALX has been a wonderful help ensuring Buffy has strong medium armor and a potent bow. Even though Buffy's bow making is coming along nicely. It seems she can easily manage one crafting skill and perhaps even two. I'm pretty sure she'll leave enchanting to simply finding/buying/begging glyphs from others. She doesn't care a whit about blacksmithing, provisioning or alchemy so that's good.

Spike came right up and looked directly into Calia's face as if checking to determine if she was friend or foe, then went on - that was Awesome!!!

All we need now is SubRosa, when is Persephone (or Teresa!!!!) going to come to "One Tamriel?"

SubRosa
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 3 2016, 06:00 PM) *

Spike came right up and looked directly into Calia's face as if checking to determine if she was friend or foe, then went on - that was Awesome!!!

All we need now is SubRosa, when is Persephone (or Teresa!!!!) going to come to "One Tamriel?"

When it becomes a single player game that we can mod. Neither Persephone or Teresa can work without mods. That is one of the many reasons why MMOs are not for me.
hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 3 2016, 10:34 PM) *

Can you do four crafting lines that way and still have enough skill points for your needed passives; actives; and Ultimates for combat?

Hmmm maybe. Haa-Rei has all his passives, actives and ults, three crafting lines and the werewolf line fully skilled out, and he still has some points left over.

There are 366 skill points in the game, but some of those are from vet and group dungeons, and 50 of them are from ranking up the Alliance line which is really difficult and time consuming.
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 3 2016, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 3 2016, 06:00 PM) *

When it becomes a single player game that we can mod. Neither Persephone or Teresa can work without mods. That is one of the many reasons why MMOs are not for me.

verysad.gif sad.gif

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 3 2016, 08:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 3 2016, 10:34 PM) *

Hmmm maybe. Haa-Rei has all his passives, actives and ults, three crafting lines and the werewolf line fully skilled out, and he still has some points left over.

There are 366 skill points in the game, but some of those are from vet and group dungeons, and 50 of them are from ranking up the Alliance line which is really difficult and time consuming.

And DLC. I've only got two of the DLC. verysad.gif

Grits
As many world bosses, delves, and dungeons as Jerric has explored, he has only once fought alongside a healer. Jerric (stamina Templar) can usually keep a few players on their feet, but just in emergencies. The other day a real healer showed up at Tribune’s Folly. None of the players died, not even once! It was amazing to watch that guy work. What a difference!
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 06:09 PM) *

As many world bosses, delves, and dungeons as Jerric has explored, he has only once fought alongside a healer. Jerric (stamina Templar) can usually keep a few players on their feet, but just in emergencies. The other day a real healer showed up at Tribune’s Folly. None of the players died, not even once! It was amazing to watch that guy work. What a difference!

Wow, I've never seen one that good yet!!! That is Awesome!

hazmick
The issue with finding a good healer is that nobody wants to do it. It's more difficult and less rewarding than running a DPS or tank character. Healing in general is a bit sub-par in ESO as well, which doesn't help.

A good healer is essential for the tougher content though, so all the best players know that you have to support your supports.
Grits
Aninah (my Altmer Templar) is intended to be a healer once she levels. I was having second thoughts, but now I want to learn aaaall the tactics! It was like some god mode got turned on for Jerric. I have seen some good players working together, but I was blown away by that healer.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 09:51 PM) *

Aninah (my Altmer Templar) is intended to be a healer once she levels. I was having second thoughts, but now I want to learn aaaall the tactics! It was like some god mode got turned on for Jerric. I have seen some good players working together, but I was blown away by that healer.

Ouch! I'm hurt! Won't someone please come heal me... wink.gif smile.gif laugh.gif
mALX
I'd like to see a vid of that, it sounds amazing !!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 6 2016, 11:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 6 2016, 09:51 PM) *

Ouch! I'm hurt! Won't someone please come heal me... wink.gif smile.gif laugh.gif

I'll make you some protective armor and a sword or bow (or axe for Molly) that heals you! I'm almost able to make the "Song of Lamae" set!!! And pretty sure I'll be able to make the "Nightmother's Gaze" set soon after, as I'm almost close on that one, lol.

SubRosa
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 7 2016, 03:02 AM) *

I'll make you some protective armor and a sword or bow (or axe for Molly) that heals you! I'm almost able to make the "Song of Lamae" set!!! And pretty sure I'll be able to make the "Nightmother's Gaze" set soon after, as I'm almost close on that one, lol.

I kind of was hoping for the some TLC from a leggy Altmer lass, who happens to be a healer... wink.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 7 2016, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 7 2016, 03:02 AM) *

I kind of was hoping for the some TLC from a leggy Altmer lass, who happens to be a healer... wink.gif

I got a screenshot of a leggy Altmer lass with no pants on in the bank, I'll post it later (don't know if she could heal you or ... er, ... well, you will see what I mean if it shows up in the screens. )

Okay, here she is. Now ... is it just me, or is her butt dirty looking? I mean ... Where has she been sitting, and what did she sit in? Urk.

http://i.imgur.com/go1Od5q.png

Grits
SubRosa, lol! Aninah is still wearing her cropped top and tight pants, though it is cold and rainy where she is in High Rock. She brings the warmth of the Stros M’Kai sun wherever she goes!

mALX, that lady in the bank has the kind of butt that casts a shadow, maybe that’s what we’re seeing! ohmy.gif

Aninah also had a naked curvy Altmer chick bank encounter. Poor girl felt pretty inadequate standing in the background!
SubRosa
Annie has nothing to feel inadequate about! wub.gif
Grits
D’aaw, thanks! wub.gif She is such a sweetie, I’m kind of pacing myself with her game. It’s easy to end up rushing around with all of the quests that are available, and I don’t want to miss a second with this girl.

Jerric is also in Stormhaven, and today he met Captain Jerick (a blond Breton) and saved him from some bad dreams. It was so awesome. I took some pictures to commemorate the occasion, hopefully it wasn’t too dark to see anything.
hazmick
Decided to check out some guild stores today before doing a daily Gold Coast quest (Minotaur style pieces continue to elude Haa-Rei and I) and saw some base race motifs (Bosmer, Khajiit etc) going for 11k each!

I can understand that you want the most money for your items, but...11,000 gold!? A guild trader on the other side of the street had the same base race motifs for 350 gold each. Really hammers home the importance of shopping around.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 10 2016, 02:07 PM) *

Decided to check out some guild stores today before doing a daily Gold Coast quest (Minotaur style pieces continue to elude Haa-Rei and I) and saw some base race motifs (Bosmer, Khajiit etc) going for 11k each!

I can understand that you want the most money for your items, but...11,000 gold!? A guild trader on the other side of the street had the same base race motifs for 350 gold each. Really hammers home the importance of shopping around.

Yes, I was at two across the street from each other in Bal Foyen - one of them was trying to sell a plain, unimproved and un-enchanted low level weapon with no traits = for 1000!!!!

Grits
Sometimes I wonder if a guild is being strict about all members keeping their 30 slots in the guild store full, and players who fall behind don’t really want their items to sell. I’ve seen ridiculous things for sale at 10k+ while searching for motif chapters.
hazmick
That's a good point. I hadn't considered guild influence, but it really does play a big part in the game's economy.

I think one major problem, on consoles especially, is that lots of people simply don't know how to price items. It's difficult to gauge the market without a global view.
Grits
That’s definitely a big problem on the consoles, especially for rare items that you can’t easily find to compare prices. I had an extra Imperial motif book and couldn’t find another one anywhere to see what to charge for it. So I gave it to Jerric. laugh.gif

Also there is a huge amount of outdated information on various player sites. Some things that were once rare are now readily available, but some website might still have prices listed as if it came out in the most recent update.

A guild I was in for about a day was trying to get a price list together for members so they would quit undercutting each other in their own store. laugh.gif
hazmick
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 11 2016, 02:24 AM) *

Some things that were once rare are now readily available,.

This is so true. When Xivilai style first came out (When was that? Imperial City a year ago?) it was really rare and expensive - similar in price to Dro-M'athra stuff today. Now you can get Xivilai pages for 1k each.

Here's hoping the Minotaur style goes the same way - Haa-Rei almost just had a heart attack when he saw the staff style page for 60k.
mALX
QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 10 2016, 08:47 PM) *

Sometimes I wonder if a guild is being strict about all members keeping their 30 slots in the guild store full, and players who fall behind don’t really want their items to sell. I’ve seen ridiculous things for sale at 10k+ while searching for motif chapters.

The guilds don't care as much about how full your shelves are as they do about how much income you are bringing into the guild. You pay them a percentage of your asking price for an item, so they make money on a listing whether it sells or not; but if you have 30 non-selling items clogging your shelves up for the full 30 day cycle - then they haven't made enough gold from it to support the guild and that person will end up bumped out eventually.

If I have slow items (like poisons, which are NOT selling) = I'll donate 2,000 gold into the Guild bank weekly to make up for my slow sales so I don't get bumped out. That is the lowest most guilds will take to keep a member active. Bigger guilds like "The Auction House" will chuck you out if all you donate to their bank is 2000 per week plus sales - their roster is always full and people waiting in the wings to join them, so the members have to keep up there.

This past week I've only sold 20,000 - really poor week. That puts me on the danger list, so I'll probably pull all those poisons down and put up some ingredients and food to bring up my numbers quick. I've decided from now on to sell all my poisons to the merchants instead of trying to sell them.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 10 2016, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 11 2016, 02:24 AM) *

Some things that were once rare are now readily available,.

This is so true. When Xivilai style first came out (When was that? Imperial City a year ago?) it was really rare and expensive - similar in price to Dro-M'athra stuff today. Now you can get Xivilai pages for 1k each.

Here's hoping the Minotaur style goes the same way - Haa-Rei almost just had a heart attack when he saw the staff style page for 60k.

laugh.gif He better not ever shop with Misa then, she drops 250,000 in one night buying armors she won't be able to wear till she reaches CH 160! rollinglaugh.gif

hazmick
QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 13 2016, 02:15 AM) *

laugh.gif He better not ever shop with Misa then, she drops 250,000 in one night buying armors she won't be able to wear till she reaches CH 160! rollinglaugh.gif

By the Hist, that's enough to give him a nosebleed! Since we purchased the Pact style not too long ago and aren't part of any guilds, we only have about 15,000 at the moment. Don't think we've ever had more than 50,000 at once to be honest.

Most of the guilds on the xbox eu server seem to either be super serious trade guilds or spanish/french/german guilds that have few (if any) english speakers. The few casual guilds that we've joined in the past have all died out after people stop playing or the leaders stop bothering to bid on guild merchants.

There are times when I think a global marketplace would really benefit the majority of players.
mALX
QUOTE(hazmick @ Sep 12 2016, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 13 2016, 02:15 AM) *

By the Hist, that's enough to give him a nosebleed! Since we purchased the Pact style not too long ago and aren't part of any guilds, we only have about 15,000 at the moment. Don't think we've ever had more than 50,000 at once to be honest.

rollinglaugh.gif

For a while there I had 5 characters toiling away at writs to support her spending, but then we joined the guilds, lol. She got the bank account down to 7,000 gold a month ago, it is up to about 150,000 now (but she has bought some daggers and two more armors in that time!!!)

I had to stop her from spending 100,000 on a bow about 1.5 weeks ago, she is out of control when she shops, laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.